Awoo.

FANGAME: Sonic Time Twisted Sage Demo Preview Video

overbound

Anyway this is a preview video of the upcoming Sage Demo for Sonic Time Twisted which will include the first complete Round since the game was rebooted.

For those of you who don't know of Time Twisted its a fan game that's been in development Since 2006 that uses the Time Travel feature similar to Sonic CD and attempts to emulate the Genesis games very closely. Its being developed in Game Maker and should run on any modern windows machine. See you at Sage.

You can also checkout the website for more information.

Urth edit: Title fixed to co-inside with SSN rules.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 188Eternal

• overbound

• HelenBaby

• Double Agent Motobug

Indeed it looks and feels like an alternate remix of the legendary Sonic CD, complete with the Metal Sonic and everything. This is sweet!

I'll eagerly download the 2009 Demo once this year's SAGE starts.

See you there, bro!

• 3 weeks later...

I played it today. Was able to beat the 3 Acts with 6 lives!

It felt very refreshing, especially due to that background music and due to those new explosion effects of the badniks.

The only thing that really confused me was the scene with Metal Sonic and the flying saucers at the end of Act 2....

WTF was that? I jump to attack him once the saucers have stopped encircling him, but all that I get is an unharmful rebound which triggers the end of the Act?

I'm assuming that you ran out of time and weren't able to finish designing a mini-boss encounter before the start of SAGE2009.

Well, either way, I was impressed by everything else that I saw and heard in this game. So keep up the good work!

Glad you guys all liked it. The Metal Sonic bit is actually just a quick cutscene. The cutscenes and story in Time Twisted are going to be rather vague much as they are in Sonic 3&K. However just for the sake of explanation Metal Sonic basically figured out how to control the UFOs they will and Metal Sonic will be used to cause trouble for Sonic on his way through the game much in the same way as knuckles bugs Sonic in S3&K.

You should play the game, it is awesomely delicious. The time travel thing works well, though it is a little too cluttered in places and could maybe use a bit more time in between when you hit it and teleport I think. Very good stuff, I also love the music Lark made for this.

Edited by Thirteen