Awoo.

Share your latest music discoveries and obsessions!

Sean

PSA: IF YOU'RE GONNA EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEOS PLEASE PUT THEM IN SPOILER TAGS. Having to load so many YT videos kills my freaking browser, and others' I'm sure. Thanks!!

I don't think there's anything that makes me feel happier than discovering a new band, especially one I happen upon by pure chance and could have gone all my life without hearing them. And I feel like talking about music right now, so I'm making this topic so that I and other people can discuss their latest interests and (hopefully) get interested in checking out each others' recommendations!

I heard a pretty wonderful song at work yesterday; I managed to look it up and it's called All Things Return at Night by Ballet School. They're a modern band but their musical style is a send-up to 80s pop/rock. The album it's from, The Dew Lasts an Hour, is temporarily $5 on Amazon.com so after listening to a few songs on Spotify, I picked it up and have listened to it in its entirety twice now. The following video is the original version that the band posted on their Bandcamp page (which you can download for free here); I love the album as a whole, but I actually don't care as much for the version of this song that appears on it, which was completely redone and has a bit of a softer feel to it. The Bandcamp version feels much more alive and passionate. The video is also fantastic, please check it out:

My other favorite songs from The Dew Lasts an Hour are Ghost and Pale Saint. I think these folks are already a new favorite of mine!

I'm definitely interested in hearing what many of y'all would have to recommend, so I hope this topic can be used to spark some conversation amongst ourselves. I want the main purpose of this topic to be to not only gush about our own current interests but also give others' a chance and actually take the time to listen to what is showcased here. Who knows, maybe someone will share the next thing you get into.

• Thumbs Up 6

I've recently stumbled across this nifty little group called Guided by Voices that I've been listening to almost non-stop over the past few days.

It's mostly one guy, Robert Pollard, who has a revolving door of musicians behind him (think Everclear) and pretty much all of their songs are 2 and a half minutes or less, but I've found them to have some of the most deep and thought provoking music that I've heard in recent memory.

They play kind of like a mixture of garage rock and psychadelic rock, and a lot of their stuff ends pretty abruptly. However, while their songs may be shorter than a dwarven midget, they have an absurd amount of output that is almost endless - and they've been a band since the early '80s, if I recall correctly. Even with the numerous lineup changes and short songs, maintaining such a nose to the grindstone output for three and a half decades is really something.

A great band, and I'd highly recommend them to anybody who's into this kind of music.  

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, man. Too many to count properly. But let's try!

I've always been a fan of them, but just recently I really got into The Apples in Stereo. Particularly their newest album, "Travellers of Space and Time", which came out around 2010.

I've been jamming to their music since about 2012 whenever I decided to dig into their discography after remembering their song they did for the Powerpuff Girls, 'Signal in the Sky'. You may remember it..

I love literally everything about this video, btw. The last one I posted ain't nothing to shrug at either, Elijah Wood is the bomb.

I've always dug their nice, 60s-esque sound, the singer's awesome voice (man he's got a cool one to listen to), and how raw and energetic all their songs are, but their new album surprised me. It was very ELO-esque, especially the song I posted above. And of course, being like ELO can't be a bad thing.

The entire album 'Dance Floor' comes from is very much based on an atomic-age view of the future, with all the worbly sci-fi textures and sounds of the 1950s and 1960s played up, and coated in a bunch of awesome grooves. It's so good. This band has def crawled into my top 10 favorites.

Oh yeah, and there's another one I have to mention..

The Talking Heads.

Dang have I not known much about this band besides their song "Once in a Lifetime" ("THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL HOUSE... THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE"), but man am I glad I looked them up. David Byrne's entire on-stage personality is something I absolutely adore and aspire to be.

The guy's bonkers, and that's great. Plus, the band's got this eccentric life to them that's just.. it's just really fun to take in. Oh yeah, the lyrics are hilarious too.

Both bands I rate 8/8, would recommend. Check 'em out!

• Thumbs Up 5

Bro. I love this thread. Thanks for making this.

I've been falling back into the Asian music scene a bit recently. Not investing a ton of time in it or anything, but my interest has been rekindled after some Spotify browsing got me to look at some old stuff again and try to find new music to listen to. One particularly odd one for me is Japanese metal band DIR EN GREY. I've listened to a handful of their songs now and though I'm not super into them, the one song that introduced me to them is fucking brilliant - MACABRE from their 2013 album, The Unraveling. I don't usually like metal (not at all a fan of the screaming or the general vibe honestly) but man this song has such a grand, epic scale to it. It's quite beautiful, I'd recommend checking it out if you like instrumental rock or darker, more somber stuff. 

I found out about Capsule about two years ago or so - I distinctly remember jamming to their Player album with my now ex-girlfriend, so it was definitely a long time ago. While I was looking for some songs to link on the NeoGAF Japanese Music thread I ran into this remix by The Hair Kid. It's pretty dope, I like this style of rap a lot. Very strong rhythm and flow. That's kind of the beauty of rap to me, which is why I really don't care for the slower drawl of rappers like Lil Wayne or whatever. This other remix of a band I've never heard of is great too.

Speaking of rap, I was really into Eminem's older stuff for a bit. I knew about him obviously (he's fucking Eminem lol) but those older albums came out when I was too young to listen to his music, and it was fun to catch up. The Real Slim Shady is an awesome fuckin song, it's been stuck in my head for so long lol.

I've liked RADWIMPS for a really long time, since high school. I haven't listened to any of their newer stuff though, post 2012 or so. DADA is really really cool, along with the rest of the album it came on. They have a really aggressive, layered instrumentation that I absolutely fucking love. Each song just has so many different sections and pieces playing together creating what sounds sort of like a "perfect storm" of sound to me. 

One thing I didn't know was that RADWIMPS' lead singer actually did his own solo project for a bit - illion. I like it for a lot of the same reasons as RADWIMPS, but his timbre here is much less aggressive and he plays with more interesting concepts in his composition, like the backwards melodies in BEEHIVE. 

I linked this a bunch on here, but I recently discovered Stratovarius because of my rekindled interesting in Dragon Ball. For those unaware, DBZ composer Kenji Yamamoto was a plagiarizing shit who built his career ripping off better musicians. Case in point. Either way, they're cool. Makes good workout music. 

Hmm.

Oh, last one, stumbled upon Japanese electronic band ORIGINAL LOVE recently as well. Japan really likes their all caps names I think. ELECTRIC SEXY is an absolutely awesome album and I'd highly recommend checking it out. It's free on Spotify. There's just a really quirky appeal to it. It's bouncy and playful and that's something that doesn't happen enough in the Electronic scene.

Quick links:

DIR EN GRAY:

The Hair Kid/Capsule/etc

Eminem (lol)

RADWIMPS

illion

Stratovarius

ORIGINAL LOVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peNbSGOT9kM

• Thumbs Up 4

Shauna I love you for making this topic.

Shauna showed Ballet School to me last night, like, right when they found 'em. Listened to the album myself, like, four times already. It's absolutely fantastic stuff and I highly recommend it. I think I actually prefer the album version of All Things Return at Night, though I can see why one would prefer the original. Original's more frantic/energetic, while the album version is more ethereal, which is more my thing. Both versions are fantastic, though. Besides that, Ghost (which Shauna linked), Heartbeat Overdrive, Heliconia, and Cherish are my favs. The whole thing is awesome, though. Like, really. I love it. Check it out, pls.

Besides that, I've been listening to The Naked and Famous a lot lately, mostly the first album. Haven't heard the second yet. They came on The Joy Formidable's Pandora channel (The Joy Formidable are also one of my favorite bands period and highly recommended), and they're sorta similar, but they lean a bit more towards the "pop" end of the spectrum - which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Guys have got a lot of heart, it's hard not to like it. They have a good mix of nice and subdued stuffs with the big and bombastic just on the one album, and they pull both off really well. There's also more interplay between male and female vocals, which, come to think of it, TJF might ought to do more of since their male vocalist has a super nice voice but barely gets any screentime. Here are some of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MR3wfzLOio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHC8vuBU9rg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swjFg99mMCo

I've also been listening to a lot of Tool lately. Known about them for a long time, but I haven't really dug into them before this past month or so. They're a progressive metal band that were a big influence on a lot of other bands I really like (Chevelle, for instance). It's really dark, heavy stuff, which probably isn't everyone's thing, but it's pretty neat. I really like how they can make a song really eerie and atmospheric, but also hard-hitting at the same time. Instrumentation/vocals are great, too. All four of the albums are worth listening to, though the last one's a bit weaker cause it spends too much time on ambient/filler-y tracks as opposed to big hits. Still has some great songs on it tho. The second or third album's probably my favorite. I kinda lean towards the second, but it's pretty filler-y too, though the filler's at least intriguing as far as filler goes and there are enough "real" songs to make up for it. So here are some of my favorites from them. Fair warning, though: Please don't watch any of their music videos ever unless you want to know what true horror is. :v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OAGOwG52JE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xV93TlPv1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdDs4rrIsnk

• Thumbs Up 3

I've also been listening to a lot of Tool lately. Known about them for a long time, but I haven't really dug into them before this past month or so. They're a progressive metal band that were a big influence on a lot of other bands I really like (Chevelle, for instance). It's really dark, heavy stuff, which probably isn't everyone's thing, but it's pretty neat. I really like how they can make a song really eerie and atmospheric, but also hard-hitting at the same time. Instrumentation/vocals are great, too. All four of the albums are worth listening to, though the last one's a bit weaker cause it spends too much time on ambient/filler-y tracks as opposed to big hits. Still has some great songs on it tho. The second or third album's probably my favorite. I kinda lean towards the second, but it's pretty filler-y too, though the filler's at least intriguing as far as filler goes and there are enough "real" songs to make up for it. So here are some of my favorites from them. Fair warning, though: Please don't watch any of their music videos ever unless you want to know what true horror is. :v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OAGOwG52JE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xV93TlPv1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdDs4rrIsnk

Oh god, yes. Damn good choice. Tool is one of my favorite bands ever <3

If you haven't listened to it already, you should listen to "H." off of Ænima. As expected from a Tool song, the lyrics are deep and intricate and the song itself is long as fuck. Maynard really seems to have let loose when he wrote it, though, because the song is a tour de force in the sense of what it made me feel when I listened to it. You can hear the raw emotion in not just MJK's voice, but in the song itself, and it never sacrifices intelligence for a deep, personal meaning. A lot of Tool's lesser known songs are both intelligent and played out with an insane degree of passion, and I really think that their tracks that aren't filler and aren't singles are where they shine the most.

Tool is just one of those bands that not everyone can get, but they really do resonate with the people who have a certain mindset and approach to music. Nice choice, man!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh two quickies I totally forgot to mention on the Japanese rock front - 

Japanaese visual kei band UNiTE. My best friend's super into them so I hear them a lot lol. V Kei is honestly way too edgy for me in pretty much every possible way lol but hey if the music's jammin it's fuckin jammin am I right

BRADIO is fucking raaaaaaaad, I love love love their vibe man. That's really just the best way to describe it for me. The afro, the way they dress, the use of horns, I fucking love their VIBE, MAN. They're just so unabashedly flamboyant. 

Apparently they're popular because they did an anime opening but hey whatever we all need money sometimes I get it

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not into visual kei at all from what I heard of it. But that BRADIO song is pretty intense and addictive

Talking Heads is a band I really need to check out. I've only heard three songs by them and they seem so fun to listen to and watch

Played Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One recently. Sooo entertaining, beautiful and amazing game. As a lover of racing games, I felt in love with this one. But one thing has touched me even more, the music on Hospital Records Radio... Oh, man. I'll just share my favourites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEfJ3j11YtM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUF96VzuCOA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdWmY0c74Og

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t25s5S2Zjyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7NdcAuiMrI

I suggest to play this game to everyone, if you have a possibility to do so. Kind of off-topic but still.

Oh my kind of topic.

Not a lot of new bands I've had the interest in checking out as of late but a lot of existing bands I like have been coming out with some new albums so here are some recommendations based on that.

Steven Wilson

Possibly my favorite musician/multi-instrumentalist. Known widely as the frontman of Porcupine Tree, but nowadays has crafted his solo escapades as his main focus. His focus is mainly on progressive rock and art rock, with the occasional metal influences (which is more prevalent in Porcupine Tree). He recently came out with a new album called Hand. Cannot. Erase. which is a concept album inspired by the Joyce Carol Vincent case. I quite love the new album as it's an unusually non-vintage styled prog that Wilson approaches in this, with a more pop approach. Wilson has had a long fascination with prog of old and has emulated that sound in a lot of previous records, including The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories). The new album approaches a more modern take on prog though. This is someone who values his craft immensely, has all of the tools and gets down these things to a science. While my love for him still stems the most from the Porcupine Tree days, his talents as a production virtuoso makes the solo projects come alive in so many ways. I suggest checking out HCE and Raven as those are his two best solo albums, and if you want some quite frankly legendary albums, be sure to check out Fear of a Blank Planet and Deadwing from his Porcupine Tree discography. The former is my favorite album of all time.

Mew

This Danish self-described "only indie-stadium rock band in the world" is another of my all time favorites. If I'd have to describe their sound it's an array of cerebral, visceral, optimistic, and nostalgic emotions all at once. It's an optimistic exterior with a very dreamy and introspective vibe as far as songwriting goes. Not a lot of bands come along like that these days. They're one of the few bands I listen to when I feel like I need something with a level of genuine optimism imbued into it. It makes me think of better times. Frengers and No More Stories are among my favorite from this particular band's catalog, and they recently came out with a new album, + -, which is another enjoyable listen.

Dance With The Dead

Now for something a bit more intense and slightly less commercially known. Dance With The Dead is an 80's style synthwave/cyberpunk band. If you've ever had experiences with the likes of Perturbator, you know what to expect. But Dance With The Dead also evoke a lot of electro rock from their tracks with blistering guitar leads and some more progressive signatures. They're one of few bands of this genre who visibly evoke that kind of rock sensibility with their tracks. Having only recently discovered them they've already elevated themselves into the holy trinity of that particular subgenre, alongside Perturbator and Carpenter Brut. Which, speaking of,

Carpenter Brut

If you've played Hotline Miami 2, chances are you've already heard the tracks this French horror-inspired synthwave band have wrought into the table with the infamous Roller Mobster and Le Perv setting the stage for two of the best levels that the games have ever seen. But I think their versatility extends beyond that as well, they're another progressively inclined band with some quite varied touches with each and every one of their tracks. Not every one of them is necessarily a Hotline Miami shoe-in that way; it's all a crazy amount of electronics that come in unexpected forms and sizes.

Going to have a lot of other bands to go through soon I imagine but class is on the up and up so these are the only ones I can think of at this present time.

• Thumbs Up 3

I discovered it in December 2014, but I might as well talk about it here.

Xenoblade Chronicles' soundtrack, where have you been all my life?

I just love listening to Gaur Plain and Obstacle In Our Path.

BRADIO is fucking raaaaaaaad, I love love love their vibe man. That's really just the best way to describe it for me. The afro, the way they dress, the use of horns, I fucking love their VIBE, MAN. They're just so unabashedly flamboyant. 

Apparently they're popular because they did an anime opening but hey whatever we all need money sometimes I get it

Mew

This Danish self-described "only indie-stadium rock band in the world" is another of my all time favorites. If I'd have to describe their sound it's an array of cerebral, visceral, optimistic, and nostalgic emotions all at once. It's an optimistic exterior with a very dreamy and introspective vibe as far as songwriting goes. Not a lot of bands come along like that these days. They're one of the few bands I listen to when I feel like I need something with a level of genuine optimism imbued into it. It makes me think of better times. Frengers and No More Stories are among my favorite from this particular band's catalog, and they recently came out with a new album, + -, which is another enjoyable listen.

I really love this thread Shauna. I also really dig Ballet School, that shiny throwbacky shoegazy sound is something I could listen to forever. It's really awesome. If you like something similar or not really maybe checkout Slowdive

I actually love this thread so much I'm finding it hard to post because I'm spending all my time listening to the music everyone is posting instead of posting my own. 

I'm really digging Hop Along lately. I found the band through the song "Get Disowned" from this Noisey article, on a quest to find more music that sounds like Laura Stevenson. In my mind, this all happened last year but I guess I actually read it in Dec 2013, so I'm pretty worried now that 2013 as a year seems to not exist in my brain. What exactly did I even do last year? Anyway, Hop Along.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've already listened to soo much stuff in this topic already and I'm still going through people's posts, and I am determined to listen to as much music as I can. It makes me genuinely happy that this topic is getting these kinds of responses and feedback, this is exactly what I hoped for when I made it!

It would take too long for me to respond to every single one so I have been throwing a like at any post that contains at least one song I really enjoyed listening to. That Mew song that Carbo linked to is fucking amazing. I've heard a lot about Mew before, they seem like they're right up my alley

also god damn the Hop Along singer is freaking amazing. I'm so in love with these kinds of singing voices, the ones with little imperfections like the voice cracking yet have so much expressive emotion in them

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm downloading The Naked And Famous and Steven Wilson. Thanks guys, needed something new in my library. Guess I'll share an obsession/discovery myself now, even if I've kinda been a little disconnected from music recently.

Obsession: Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors

Obviously not a very indie band by any means, Imagine Dragons broke out last year with Radioactive into mainstream. I loved their first album and tons of artists I loved years ago started bringing out new releases which I anticipated but ultimately let me down aside from these guys. I enjoy almost every track on this new album. It feels like a nice step forward from the last album - different enough to feel like an advancement, similar enough to still be the music I loved from them. Really dope stuff, I can't stop listening to this recently. I've highlighted my two favs right now in the spoilers above, Polaroid and Hopeless Opus.

Discovery: Walk the Moon (self titled debut)

These guys aren't actually a new discovery for me, but they are a discovery I was happy to make and share with people. They're a small indie band (recently gaining prominence) named Walk the Moon and they're completely infectious. They have such a quirky, upbeat sound to them which I was obsessed with most of last year. Sadly they were one of the aforementioned artists who released a (personally) disappointing second record, but the first still stands tall as a collection of super catchy and positive songs which I adore. Above I linked Quesadilla and Anna Sun, the latter being the lead single from album one. I've also linked Shut Up And Dance, the lead single from album two which was super catchy. I love it, reminds me more of their initial album.

• Thumbs Up 2

So hey I mentioned Carpenter Brut earlier as well as Dance With The Dead. I made passing mention of Perturbator, and the guy probably deserves a lot more credit. At this point I'd like to think of him as the de facto retro synthwave artist. Well, as it so happens he just teased his return for this year with his fourth studio album, and I'd like to think that his collaboration with Carpenter Brut in the last album gave him a lot of pointers heading onward.

Needless to say this sounds intense as hell. Following is some of my favorite tracks that he's put out, and as much as I love his intense tracks he also has some fantastically done mellow tunes. Almost all of his releases are free. Be sure to check 'em out.

Whoa! There's so much here I'd like to discover. Okay, I'd like to share a few things for the time being. Recently I came across a post-rock/post-hardcore band that incorporated spoken word poetry over ambient guitar chords. I love them so much. I don't know if I can listen to them all day. Hotel Books conjures far too many heavy feelings to make them a casual listen. They're music always has a wistful, melancholic flavor, but at the same time it's cathartic. Honestly, their music makes me happy. It's the kind of happiness you feel after a good, long cry. Their music fills me with so much hope. 

Hotel Books - "Run Wild, Young Beauty"

Hotel Books - "Sinking Or Dreaming"

I have become obsessed with a similar act by the name of Being As An Ocean. They're a Christian post-hardcore band that also uses ambient guitar chords and spoken word poetry to achieve a desired effect. Their lyrics are very thoughtful and reflective. This band has even helped me feel closer to God. They're among the few bands that have deeply enriched my life to such an extent. I think it's a blessing that I have discovered them. And I'd like to share Being As An Ocean with as many people as possible. ^_^

Being As An Ocean - "The Hardest Part Is Forgetting Those You Swore You Would Never Forget" 

Being As An Ocean - "This Loneliness Won't Be The Death Of Me" 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lately I find myself gravitating toward various "chill" mixtapes I can find on YouTube. I love hip-hop music, and Chillhop has been a godsend in introducing me to artists (vocal and instrumental) I probably wouldn't have heard of quite as easily, as well as refamiliarizing myself with artists I knew, but hadn't heard much of.

Here's one of their recent mixes that I've been vibing with:

If you like jazz-influenced beats (or you just like Nujabes), the artists they've featured are definitely worth a listen.

I also stumbled upon another chill mix while listening to the former last night.

I think it falls more in the category of dubstep or trance (going by the poster's profile)... and I surprisingly liked a lot of what I heard. I've never really listened to these genres before, so I think this went against my expectations by being much easier and relaxing to listen to.

Just good stuff to have playing in the background while I'm working.

Obsession: Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors

Obviously not a very indie band by any means, Imagine Dragons broke out last year with Radioactive into mainstream. I loved their first album and tons of artists I loved years ago started bringing out new releases which I anticipated but ultimately let me down aside from these guys. I enjoy almost every track on this new album. It feels like a nice step forward from the last album - different enough to feel like an advancement, similar enough to still be the music I loved from them. Really dope stuff, I can't stop listening to this recently. I've highlighted my two favs right now in the spoilers above, Polaroid and Hopeless Opus.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have become obsessed with a similar act by the name of Being As An Ocean. They're a Christian post-hardcore band that also uses ambient guitar chords and spoken word poetry to achieve a desired effect. Their lyrics are very thoughtful and reflective. This band has even helped me feel closer to God. They're among the few bands that have deeply enriched my life to such an extent. I think it's a blessing that I have discovered them. And I'd like to share Being As An Ocean with as many people as possible. ^_^

Being As An Ocean - "The Hardest Part Is Forgetting Those You Swore You Would Never Forget" 

Being As An Ocean - "This Loneliness Won't Be The Death Of Me" 

Ooh, these guys seem really neat! If you like those bands, you can probably get into mewithoutYou. Very much in the same vein of contemplative Christian-y lyrics with a post-hardcore sound. I think you'd like 'em.

Also, man, Hop Along are awesome. Love the rawness of their sound. Gonna have to check them out more. Laments is probably my favorite out of those Remy linked. And hey, nice to see I'm not the only Imagine Dragons fan here. 8D

Oh cool, I just got into these guys recently by buying their first album. I was curious about Imagine Dragons because I herd Demons on the radio and was like, "Holy shit, a modern song on the radio that isn't about butts, parties, or a relationship (okay, maybe it it is, but it's different enough for me)". So yeah, took a listen and I was presently surprised how much I like this. Their music is really relaxing to listen to and can imagine playing this in the background when working on one of my projects as opposed to my usual selection.

Aw man, if you love the first album you (should) love the second. It's so cool. Please go listen. I'll give you a cookie if you do. Pls. But Night Vision was a really great debut, it was my go to music for a solid few months and it's still on my phone and I'm not actually sick of it so it's a good sign. I think the first four tracks are flawless.

After diving into my music collection I thought I'd bring up The Vaccines. I dunno if you've heard of them since I'm not sure how big they are. But they are very cool, super dope and interesting lyrics and the sound is so... chill. Could even be called mesmerising sometimes imo. Really good vocals from the lead singer too - my favourite is their second album, "Come of Age". They're about to put a new album out which I'll need to sit down with but until then totally go listen to this one. Here's a couple of my favourites. 

Aw man, if you love the first album you (should) love the second. It's so cool. Please go listen. I'll give you a cookie if you do. Pls. But Night Vision was a really great debut, it was my go to music for a solid few months and it's still on my phone and I'm not actually sick of it so it's a good sign. I think the first four tracks are flawless.

Just took a listen to Hopeless Opus. They did a guitar solo...

... I approve. B)

So yeah, speaking of guitars, before I got Night Visions I acquired a few Black Sabbath albums, one of them being Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. I was already familiar with the title track having listened to it on the Greatest Hits 1970-1978 CD back in high school, but it took a me few years to get the song's album. Now having listened to it, a couple of tracks, Killing Yourself to Live and Looking For Today as well as the title track itself speak to me on a personal level. You have to give up a part of yourself to be with others who will deceive you, but even if you try to keep up, you'll always fall behind them.

Someone I'm subbed to did a video about vaporwave and now I can't get off the stuff.