Awoo.

Share your latest music discoveries and obsessions!

Sean

Made a discovery thanks to someone on another site I frequent. The band is called Yuma Sun and they're... I don't know, uh... gothic country I guess? But whatever, I dig it.

There's a character named "Yuu" in Bravely Second, so that part of Tumblr took part of this song and replaced "you" with "Yuu", I googled it, and I think I broke the replay button lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I do enjoy listening to Sonic tunes and stuff but the songs I listen to alot nowadays are Tamil songs. No, that's not a genre but songs with the same genres like pop, rock and etc. except in a different language for those who aren't aware. And it's not because I'm Tamil that I love Tamil songs but the songs themselves are legit good.

So do take the time to listen to my recent favorites and hope you folks enjoy Tamil songs as well!

This is a piano version of the anime Rahxephon's Hemisphere, it has such feeling in it that I almost want to shed a tear. Found it fairly recently.

The below is a heartbreakingly moving take on Leon's theme in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence I found about two weeks ago.

I like the Sonic Team Unplugged album. It's rather classy and relaxed. Especially Sonic Heroes and Dreams Dreams.

• 3 months later...

I discovered Little Daylight last week, and like with Ballet School I have to share them with you guys.

Little Daylight is an electropop indie band; they started out producing remixes for other artists before finally putting out some original work just a couple years ago. They only have one album out so far, called Hello Memory. I listened to it on Spotify and immediately purchased it, and I've listened to it twice more since, and plenty of individual songs several times. Needless to say I'm utterly in love with it: an uncommon instance where I actually love every song on the album. A handful of them sing about some form of unrequited love, as you can see in the one I just linked above, Mona Lisa. This was the first song I heard by them but their most popular is apparently Overdose. It's pretty difficult for me to pick a favorite, but along with Mona Lisa, a couple of other contenders would be Be Long (honestly one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking songs I've listened to in recent memory) and the penultimate track on the album, Runaround, which is thematically similar to Mona Lisa but with a flipped perspective.

A lot of Hello Memory talks about love, but my personal interpretation of its overall theme involves maturity. The first couple of songs are peppy and sport fairly upbeat, rebellious lyrics. But as the album progresses, some sobering themes are explored, namely unrequited affection and falling out of love, as is the case in Be Long. In Runaround, Nikki chastises the subject for their non-commitment to a deepening relationship, and I think it's a fitting (regular) song to end the album on. And I like to interpret the actual last song, Never Go Back, as referring to an incapacity to return to the rebellious and carefree attitude displayed in the early songs. I'm unsure if the writers had put this exact same sort of thought into the album's structure, and my interpretation could be off the mark here since I haven't read up on any interviews and explanations (dunno if they even exist, they're a fairly new and obscure group), but that's how I like to piece this album together whenever I listen to it haha.

Great stuff. Definitely one of my favorite albums I've heard in a long while, and it's one of those I'll probably be going back to time and time again because so much of the lyrics resonate with me.