Awoo.

The Worst TV Series Episodes (Warning: Please place any videos/pictures of disgusting or cringe worthy scenes in spoiler tags)

Ryannumber1gamer

I think most of the Modern Spongebob episodes are as bad or perhaps worse than the one mentioned in the OP. What about The Splinter? Probably the vilest and most immature episode of Spongebob I've ever watched.

tumblr_m97jnlK5Sr1qmt85zo1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

This scene from the Spongebob episode House Fancy is the worst thing I've ever seen in Spongebob. That's saying a lot considering how modern Spongebob has a lot of horrendously disgusting shit in it, Plankton's attempts at suicide and Spongebob's splinter being the more infamous examples.

I consider myself a pretty desensitized guy (placed like Encyclopedia Dramatica and observing all of the frequent stupidity and bullshit the internet provides can do that to a person) but even I still cringe a little when I see Squidward go through this. Come on animators, not even Squidward deserves this.

What the fuck were these people thinking when they created each individual drawn frame for this scene?

pretty sure the worst spongebob episode was this one

Seriously, the one coarse meal thing can't compare to this.

Edit:Wow ninja'd

• Thumbs Up 2

Cartoon: Johnny Test

Episodes: ALL OF THEM (that aren't from the actually decent first season)

Reasons why they were awful:

OK, OK. If you want a specific episode, there's that one episode (Johnny's Royal Flush, I think that's what its name was) that turned Johnny into a fish and had a shark chasing him, and from what I've read/seen of it all that episode did was just show how much the writers really, really, really hated sharks. I get the feeling a shark attacked a family member of the writers or something for the shark in the episode to end up with the fate it got near the end.

• Thumbs Up 5

I really don't think House Fancy is the worst episode of SpongeBob. I mean, yes the toe nail scene is totally unneeded and disgusting but on the other hand, it only lasts 10 seconds and its the only piece of gross out in the entire episode, compared to the likes of The Splinter or One a Coarse Meal where it's either nothing but disgusting and disturbing gross out or mocking horrible things and turning the characters into monsters with absolutely no sense of morality. That's not even mentioned Patrick the Prick.

As for Squidward. Guys lets face it. He deserves absolutely none of the torture he gets in these episodes. In the old episodes, he would get comeuppance for being a asshole and doing something bad, such as pretending to have been killed to guilt trip SpongeBob and Patrick into doing his chores. Now he does no crimes whatsoever. He goes about trying to live his life and SpongeBob and Patrick tortures him. In Boating Buddies, SpongeBob stalks Squidward because and I'm not kidding here, for breathing. In Good Neighbours, all he wants is to enjoy a nice relaxing Sunday, only for SpongeBob and Patrick to steal from him (I'm being serious, Squidward pays for stuff and SpongeBob and Patrock steal it).

Oh my god, some of the stuff in this thread is making me cringe in horror

Erm...anyway, there's Return to Camp Wannaweep from Kim Possible, which is probably one of my favorite cartoons ever. Great shows can produce shitty episodes, though.

6eb0fc1393f69fc6a1afb166575864a6b37e03b7

I don't like that episode because it's just so boring. If you're going to re-hash a story in a way that's only slightly different from the original, at least make sure it's a good story you're doing that too. While the original Wannaweep episode wasn't outright bad, it was definitely one of the weaker episodes in the series. 

Return to Camp Wannaweep is basically the same story as the original episode - Ron doesn't want to go to the camp because childhood trauma (as well as his last encounter with the camp in the original Wannaweep) and when he finds out about cheer camp, he has to go. Kim assures him that it isn't going to be at Camp Wannaweep, but then they get there and whaddya known, it's at Camp Wannaweep. He then meets the villain from the original Wannaweep who is still the bad guy. I'd say spoiler alert, but if you've ever seen one of these types of episodes where no one believes the one guy who's right, you'll almost instantly see how bad the foreshadowing is. So yeahh, everyone thinks the bad guy is actually the good guy throughout most the episode in the most incredibly cliché way possible and people treat Ron like even more of an idiotic butt monkey than usual.

Then the plot twist at the end, if it can even be called that, is very anti-climatic. I can't tell if they were trying to make it a plot twist or if they intentionally were extremely unsubtle about the foreshadowing, but it's really, incredibly lame either way. If it was a plot twist, then it was just not surprising at all. If it wasn't meant to be and they were purposefully unsubtle, then they at least accomplished their goal - even if the biggest effect it had was make me groan instead of...however they wanted me to react.

It was just so asinine and there is literally no reason for it to exist in the series. If an episode is pointless, I think it should at least be original and humorous instead of whatever this wanted to be. That's another issue - the tone is just all over the place. I still don't know if it wanted to be serious and intense or if it wanted to be goofy.

Yeahh, that episode just sucked.

I definitely agree that Things Change was a terrible ending to the series. I admit, I'm a TerraXBB fan so I did legitimately want Terra to be revived, especially when Beast Boy started to grow up when he led the team of heroes in the previously episode so Things Change feels like nothing more than a slap to the face, that after the great story with Beast Boy, they decided to kick him to the ground further.

Also, turns out that is the real Terra. There's a tie in issue of the comic Teen Titans Go where while I haven't read it, apparently Terra's brother visits the titans and learns from Beast Boy that the rock Terra has gone missing and apparently has started a new life. At the end, nothing is resolved and both just decide to leave her alone.

Even worse? The entire thing doesn't make sense. If that really is Terra how the hell did she get into school? Where is she living? How is she eating without money? Was she adopted? How did she just suddenly awake in some tomb and decide ''Meh, I'll just go to school''. Gah! Nothing about the fucking thing makes sense and it's littered with plotholes. It's a lackluster ending to such a brilliant series.

Considering this topic is about worst EPISODES and not worst SHOWS, I'll go with an episode from a show that's otherwise pretty damn good.

"Things Change" from Teen Titans.

terra_by_rubybug98-d6j3ecm.jpg

Fuck this episode.

Aside from Trouble in Tokyo, the TV movie that acted as the show's finale, this was the last main episode of the series.  And it is the complete embodiment of unnecessary.  Not only was the previous episode a big climactic mashup of a ton of heroes and villains from the series that could have been a good way to bow out, this episode actively shits on a previously established (and COMPLETE) story arc.

The basic gist of the episode is that Beast Boy meets a girl that he's convinced is his friend Terra, but she has no memory of him and a completely different life.  So he tries to rekindle their friendship while the girl is just confused.  In the end she tells BB that things change, that the past he remembers about her didn't happen, and she leaves.

Where the hell do I begin?

First off, Terra's arc was a really good story.  It was exciting, fun, and dramatic when it needed to be.  And her story was conclusive, so pretty much ANY attempt to put her back in the story would have been questionable unless handled very well.  And it wasn't.  This whole episode is very vague with its plot points.  The girl looks exactly like Terra and sounds exactly like Terra, but doesn't act like her.  The entire episode has BB laboring under the impression that she is Terra, and one of the biggest problems is that SHE NEVER SAYS WHAT HER NAME IS.  So BB keeps calling her Terra, she says he has the wrong girl, but doesn't tell him her actual name?  Since that is the case, we're expected to assume she's Terra, aren't we?

But the way it's handled, no matter what the actual answer is, the story is sloppy either way.  If she isn't Terra, why does she look and sound just like her but not state her name?  And if she IS Terra, then

how the hell did she survive, let alone be freed from the stone and start a new life?

Another bit (that I had to look up because I actually haven't seen this episode since it aired) is that BB encounters Slade, who tells him that Terra "chooses not to remember."  And IF that's the case.....why?  Why bring Terra in this one time and then have this all be a complete downer for no reason?  Why add unneeded questions and negativity to an already well-done story arc?  And if they were going to do this, why didn't they set time for a new story arc with more answers instead of a crappy one-off?

I just found this highly disrespectful to a good character.  This episode has no reason to exist, and it especially shouldn't have been the last one.

Reading this reminded me of a thread I was on once.

Found it.    http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/showthread.php?27064-Power-Ranger-characters-you-feel-sorry-for/page4

I find it hilarious that so many of these are modern Spongebob episodes. Is it really that bad? I never watched it myself. (Thank goodness.)

I don't really watch alot of TV shows but the worst episodes for me are seasons 8-10 of the 1980's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, more commonly known by Turtle Fans as: The Red Sky Seasons. They ruined the fun, cheesy nature of the original turtles by kicking out the Shredder, making the Turtles look grittier and having them mutate into monsterous behemoths at random times. They made the sky constantly red all the time and just overall felt out of place.

I would have no problem if it was a new show entirely (2003 TMNT) but this is the same cheesy show 80's nerds were fond of, but painted red with a unnecessary darker tone just to compete with the Power Rangers.

Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked the earlier episodes of Johnny test back when the animation wasn't horrible looking and Dookie had his original voice, but after that it just went fucking downhill and they ran out of ideas.

yeah I did enjoy the original line up of episodes for johnny test but the later episodes went downhill from there

Can we PLEASE spoiler ANYTHING related to modern Spongebob? ESPECIALLY THAT GORY GROTESQUE STUFF LIKE THE SPLINTER AND THE TOENAIL SCENE?

I'm sorry guys but wow. I was expecting there to be talkback on these episodes but gee whiz please don't post gifs and videos without putting them in spoilers. I know it sounds incredibly whiny of me but these episodes legitimately gave me PTSD. I'm dead serious. Not so much the splinter, but the episode House Fancy. Hoo boy. I'm mostly over it now but it used to be so bad I'd get nightmares, and any time I heard the word "fancy" I'd get flashbacks to that scene. It bothered me for literally years on end until now. I just get hot flashes when they're mentioned. It's still something though.

I suppose I could go on as to how and why these episodes scarred me for so much but I'm just gonna say it here. Please for the sake of me and possible others traumatized by the gorefest season* of Spongebob, spoiler scenes that are known to be grotesque or disturbing. 

*gorefest season: My official naming of season 6 of Spongebob.

• Thumbs Up 5

House Fancy is at least liked for it's ending where Squidward is finally cut some slack.

I remember hating "Squidwood" (basically ten minutes of every cast member saying they hate Squidward without him giving any sort of jerkassery or bitter behaviour to justify it) and "Cephalopod Lodge" (Spongebob and Patrick's stalking ruining what is emphasised as Squidward's one redeeming point in life). Both were just mean spiritedness for the sake of it. Not good enough humour to make it work, just them piling relentless crap on a character and thinking it's automatically funny.

I think "Plankton's Regular" is abhorred as much as "One Coarse Meal" for essentially the same reasons, Mr Krabs essentially acting like a petty bully towards Plankton and getting away with it because Plankton is the 'villain'.

I think there are a fair good Spongebob episodes in the newer seasons, even some of the darker humour works at times, they just have these moments where they just getting lazy in the schaudenfredue. It's like they look at adult shows like Family Guy and South Park and think 'hey let's do a kids version of that'.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Simpsons episodes that really stick-out in terms of sheer badness to me are "G I D'oh", "The Principal and the Pauper" and "Saddlesore Galactica"

"G I D'oh" was nothing less than an insult to the armed forces and little more than a way for the writers to get on their soapboxes and use the show to voice their discontent with the Iraq War. What really makes this episode insulting in particular is that it seems to get across the sentiment that only idiots and gullible people would join the army. To me, this episode was basically a big "Fuck you" to those serving in the forces from the writers of the show and that's a really low blow. I thought The Simpsons was above such lowness. When Family Guy looks better by comparison, you know this show has huge issues.

"The Principal and the Pauper" is special in terms of it's sheer badness because even a number of the show's staff disowned it. It was even subject to criticism in the episode "Behind the Laughter" in which the narrator chides it as having a "Gimmicky premise" and a "Nonsensical plot" which are both true - It's never a good idea to completely throw an established character's history and debase their character all for the sake of shock value. This is something that really afflicted the show back then. A number of characters were suddenly revealed to have dark pasts that had not been hinted at one iota priorand continuity itself was completely disregarded to facilitate Skinner's revelation as an imposter. Coupled with the view that this episode had very little comedy factor and really wasn't clever and you have a right stinker of an episode.

"Saddlesore Galactica"....now here's an ep that had no coherency. The plot of the family getting an animal had already been done to death and the clusterfuck with the jockey elves had absolutely no place. The self-references to the show's past episodes really fall flat and really aren't clever. It's an episode that is very good at showing just how out of ideas the writers are.

• Thumbs Up 2

For some reason I didn't mind Saddlesore Gallactica too much, if maybe because the show had already gone over the top and goofy and self aware by this point, it may as well do it to a full blown extent it might actually be funny. I actually laughed at the jockey song.

Principal and the Pauper wasn't awful but yeah it was dumb gimmicky plot. I was also kinda unnerved by the effect it had on the characterisation of Skinner's mother. She was constantly bringing it down on Skinner, but it seemed a semi sympathetic treatment where she couldn't face the fact her little boy was a fully grown man. Here she seemingly known he wasn't really her son, but went along with it anyway because 'Skinner' was enough of a doormat, even disowning her real son because he had a backbone and his own life. She seemed like a cold tyrant who based her decision on who she could bully around and control the most.

This is a more obscure one, but does anyone remember the British series 'The Dreamstone'? It's decades old now, but it's a show with loads of great ideas, but it's premise still bugs the hell out of me. Basically the 'villains' of the show are these meek underlings, the Urpneys, who their evil overlord tortures or even kills unless they keep going after the heroes' little dream making trinket. The heroes were naturally always lingering to keep sympathetic treatment under this dynamic (especially since they were usually the smarmy type that always had the upper hand) but if there's one episode that really pisses me off it's 'Blob's Incredible Plan'. Basically the heroes find out the Urpneys are coming in advance. After gloating relentlessly how easy they are they set up a fake stone for them to take. They take it hook line and sinker and prepare to leave, but the heroes decide this is too merciful and trap them in this little pocket dimension to torture and give smarmy commentary for about a third of the episode. After the Urpneys finally get released, the heroes get their everybody laughs ending and the Urpneys get ANOTHER torture session from their naturally upset boss.

Seriously this beats all the Mr Krabs examples for me. While the show took his side, they at least made light of the fact he wasn't exactly a pleasant guy for it. 'Blob's Incredible Plan' treated the heroes as righteous and noble as possible.

Can we PLEASE spoiler ANYTHING related to modern Spongebob? ESPECIALLY THAT GORY GROTESQUE STUFF LIKE THE SPLINTER AND THE TOENAIL SCENE?

I'm sorry guys but wow. I was expecting there to be talkback on these episodes but gee whiz please don't post gifs and videos without putting them in spoilers. I know it sounds incredibly whiny of me but these episodes legitimately gave me PTSD. I'm dead serious. Not so much the splinter, but the episode House Fancy. Hoo boy. I'm mostly over it now but it used to be so bad I'd get nightmares, and any time I heard the word "fancy" I'd get flashbacks to that scene. It bothered me for literally years on end until now. I just get hot flashes when they're mentioned. It's still something though.

I suppose I could go on as to how and why these episodes scarred me for so much but I'm just gonna say it here. Please for the sake of me and possible others traumatized by the gorefest season* of Spongebob, spoiler scenes that are known to be grotesque or disturbing. 

*gorefest season: My official naming of season 6 of Spongebob.

Sorry bout that man. D: I've just edited my post with spoilers so it doesn't show the gruesome gif anymore! I'm actually quite glad I did because it gives me the shivers everytime I see it, urgh!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Arnold is a show that people either love or hate, something that seems to be common among slice of life shows.

Personally I love it. It's a nice, feel good show in my opinion, with some funny moments and actually sweet ones as well that make me smile. I find myself watching it every night on Teen Nick's 90s Nick block.

However, there is an episode that many Hey Arnold fans including myself really despise. Hell, even as a kid, I felt like something was really off when watching it. It's the episode, "Arnold Betrays Iggy."

If you don't feel like reading my own review. here's Mr. Enter's Review on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q-2fNTjrOI

For a show that has a lot of heartwarming and feel good moments, this episode is very oddly mean spirited. Basically, titular character, Arnold visits a fellow student named Iggy, (Whom is admired by his fellow students as being a cool kid) and walks in on him wearing really embarassing rabbit pajamas. Iggy makes Arnold promise that he not tell anyone about this, and Arnold, being the good guy he is, promises. Later in the episode other kids manage to figure out Iggy's embarassing secret (With Arnold not even telling them) and begin to pick on him. Iggy blames Arnold for all of this and says he'd only forgive him if he goes out in public with the same bunny pajamas.

And so, Arnold does just that, and is surrounded many people who point and laugh at him (Even his own granpda is taking pictures of all this) and Iggy only finds out that Arnold didn't do anything right when it's too late. The episode pretty much ends with Arnold giving his former friend the silent treatment.

This was just overall a mean spirited episode, and it really feels like there's no payoff at all, no comeuppance for Iggy. I never liked this episode as a kid, and I still don't like it now.

• Thumbs Up 6

snip

Yeahh, Arnold Betrays Iggy was total garbage.

From what I remember, Arnold never even really betrayed Iggy - Sid and Stinky just kind of figured out for themselves and told everyone, and then the episode tried to make it out like Arnold did something wrong. That really annoyed me when I was a kid.

I heard that the creator of Hey Arnold! hated this episode so much that it's the sole reason Iggy never had a main role in an episode again. If that's the case, you know something went horribly wrong with it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, since this is a Sonic forum, someone ought to mention Fed Up with Antoine/Ghost Busted and The Odd Couple/Ro-Becca :P

Ah yes, those episodes. Apparently they were the product of executive meddling, asking for some light hearted episodes to balance out the darker plot. The sad thing is they don't even sound that bad an idea in concept. Some comical slice of life stories focusing on the Freedom Fighters outside of battle could have expanded on their characters and their personality quirks, but instead it comprises almost entirely of Antoine doing tired slapstick. The nearest to a developed co star in these is Sonic who by this point is even less fun due to being  flanderized into a grouchy bully for Antoine. Four unfunny shorts with two unlikable leads.

Concerning Sonic episodes, I remember a couple of episodes of Sonic X being off putting.

One being the Teacher Robot episode. Eggman's robot is sent to Chris' school to make them respect him but starts to take to his job. When Eggman personally threatens him, the kids refuse to help since he's supposed to be guarding THEM. He ultimately obeys Eggman and is destroyed by Sonic. Basically the guy was designated a villain and killed in cold blood because he made the kids flatter Eggman instead of dying for them willingly.

The other is the Season Three episode Knuckles is tricked by Eggman again. The heroes warn him Eggman is no good for duping him, and yet when they have to collect the planet egg they use Knuckles as a patsy. They more or less say afterwards it's okay when THEY trick him. The dub is actually more tolerable since it has Cosmo actually trying to relate to him and giving an empathetic speech that he only believes Eggman because he is idealistic people can change (in the Japanese version she just sweet talks his ego). The hypocrisy of the heroes just bugs the hell out of me. Never mind the whole reason he teamed up with them in the first place is because they stole his Master Emerald and then bullied him into servitude for being so selfish to complain.

The baseball episode had the same problem. He actually distrusted Eggman that time, and they just ignored him and peer pressured him to shut up. Eggman does dupe them and nothing is said of it.

For all Boom has degraded Knuckles they never gave him this crap from the other heroes (the one time Amy acted like a priggish jerk to him in the comics it came back on her).

Another Hey Arnold! episode that gets on my and many's nerves is Girl Trouble, the whole premise seems to revolve around the fact that 'if you're bullied by a girl, don't tell, don't fight back, just sit back and take it because the world will take their side'. I get the feeling if you didn't know who Helga was out of the public eye, this would be an unbearably cruel episode.

Concerning Iggy though, wouldn't it have been better to actually use Iggy in more episodes so he had a better chance of redeeming himself and gaining a personality outside 'that unforgiving jerk'?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeahh, Arnold Betrays Iggy was total garbage.

From what I remember, Arnold never even really betrayed Iggy - Sid and Stinky just kind of figured out for themselves and told everyone, and then the episode tried to make it out like Arnold did something wrong. That really annoyed me when I was a kid.

I heard that the creator of Hey Arnold! hated this episode so much that it's the sole reason Iggy never had a main role in an episode again. If that's the case, you know something went horribly wrong with it.

I actually forgot about this episode. Though for good reason. Even the title of the freaking episode, Arnold BETRAYS Iggy, tries to insinuate that Arnold's the guilty party and have him endure the most punishment for something he didn't do while the two jerks who did tell the entire school about Iggy's secret and humiliate him for it get no comeuppance whatsoever. There's no one you're going to feel more sorry for in this episode than Arnold himself.

• Thumbs Up 2