Awoo.

The Worst TV Series Episodes (Warning: Please place any videos/pictures of disgusting or cringe worthy scenes in spoiler tags)

Ryannumber1gamer

I've never devoted any time to watching "Breadwinners" (looks like complete rubbish), but I've been hearing things about an episode that uses what is basically child molestation and date rape as a source of comedy (something about an older male character wanting to brainwash a younger female character into falling in love with him).

Oh yeah, Mr.Enter did a review on that episode. Basically the main adult character bakes a brain washing love loaf and attempts to force some of teenage duck at a girls camp to eat it and be brainwashed into loving him.

Breadwinners is just a godawful show.

I've never devoted any time to watching "Breadwinners" (looks like complete rubbish), but I've been hearing things about an episode that uses what is basically child molestation and date rape as a source of comedy (something about an older male character wanting to brainwash a younger female character into falling in love with him).

...how the fuck did this not end with Nick getting their asses swamped with complaints?!

Keeping in mind this is the same network that was constantly on Ren and Stimpy's ass. They cut a shot of a guy wiggling his butt because they thought it was too sexual and they outright fired the creator because they thought a slapstick beatdown was too graphic. Nowadays we can get paedophilia, rape and ripped out toe nails.  :P

And diminishing the severity of depression and suicide while glorifying those who drive people to have such issues.

Seriously, fuck One Coarse Meal. If it wasn't the thought of Mr. Krabs dressing up as his own daughter creeping me out, it's the depraved way of making him as the good guy for because "Plankton's the villain, so anything Krabs does to him is A-okay!" and suffer no punishment as severe than what he put Plankton through. 

Making light of suicide sits very, very poorly with me. So even though I don't watch Spongebob, I can see from that aspect alone why One Coarse Meal is so hated.

I've hated what Moe Syzlak's character has become on The Simpsons continuing on that tangent - His character's been flanderized and reduced to being unfunny suicide gag after suicide gag. Amongst the other absolutely rampant flanderizations amongst the cast of characters it really shows just what these characters have been degenerated into - Unfunny walking cliches who embody one or two of their worst, most annoying traits to the wire. It's a shame because they used to be dimensional interesting characters.

Homer's been morphed into an alcoholic jerkass whose IQ ought to be in the minus digits, Bart is a sociopath, Lisa is a creator's pet straw feminist granola girl, Marge treats anything simple as an amaing new revelation like a bored, easily entertained housewife from the 40's, Ned Flanders is just a tool for the writers to riff on evangelical christians, Moe Syzlak is nothing more than suicide jokes as aforementioned, The Wiggums are probably the only characters now stupider than Homer...

Pretty much the entire cast perhaps sans a few have been horribly afflicted with the bane that is flanderization. And it affects episodes badly.

Speaking of Spongebob episodes, I really dislike "Little Yellow Book" for portraying Squidward as the most petty, unrepentful asshole ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Spongebob episodes, I really dislike "Little Yellow Book" for portraying Squidward as the most petty, unrepentful asshole ever.

EXACTLY! That one episode completely destroyed any sympathy I had for Squidward. As Mr. Enter put it, for one episode to make a character that's been repeatedly tortured through no fault of his own, for years, unlikable takes some bottom-of-the-barrel writing.

I also hate Demolition Doofus for doing the exact same thing to Mrs. Puff. Long story short, she tries to get SpongeBob killed by entering him into a demolition derby. And I DO mean "killed": at one point she flat-out says to him, "Why are you still ALIVE?!" He ends up surviving through the usual SpongeBob formula: by doing next to nothing and winning, all at failed attempts at jokes. Then Mrs. Puff drives a huge truck specifically to run over and kill SpongeBob! He survives and is completely oblivious to her failed attempt at murder. 

Again, Mr. Enter did a phenomenal job at explaining everything wrong with both these episodes, so I highly recommend checking out his channel.

I think the problem is they do a double take in that department. The reason said characters act so malicious is because everyone else is an abusive tool to them first.

Little Yellow Book has the entirety of Bikini Bottom act like a hypocrite and ruin Squidward's life for reading a diary. They even outright lampshade this case with Patrick.

For Demolition Doofus, well Mrs Puff has been getting hell from Spongebob since the show began, and he has only gotten more and more oblivious and sociopathic to all the pain and neuroses it's caused her as it's went on.

NO ONE is remotely likeable in these episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

TBF, Squidward's always been a jerk. It's just easy to forget since they really amped up the abuse he got from Spongebob and Patrick's shenanigans most likely due to him being their neighbor. And episodes that did revolve around him being an ass to someone ended with either him getting some comeuppance or redeeming himself like Fools in April.

But yeah, Little Yellow Book is basically Fools in April, but botched up. Both episodes Squidward actually managing to one-up SpongeBob for annoying him and it obviously hurts SpongeBob enough to leave work in front of everyone present. Only differences are, in FiA, Squidward eventually feels guilty after trying to say it's just a prank and finding it difficult to actually say he's sorry when he confronts SpongeBob. In LYB, there's no guilt to be had and when people do tell him did he mess up, it's less genuine because they're all hypocrites.

Man, all this ranting on SpongeBob episodes makes me really glad Stephen Hillenburg is back again. So hopefully we'll see less shitty episodes and less mentioning's of them here.

Not to mention in Fools In April, the rest of the town was just in on a joke with Spongebob. It was just a prank to get Squidward to admit he liked Spongebob deep down. An extreme bit of shaudenfreude but still with the show's standard cuteness.

In Little Yellow Book, everyone was earnestly trying their damnedest to make Squidward's life unbearable, even after spending all that time heckling Spongebob and laughing at the diary themselves. You almost rooted Squidward because he laughed in their faces anyway.

Is Hillenburg actually back for the whole series? I thought he was just doing the movie.

Speaking of empathy for characters: I don't really consider it a bad episode, but the Regular Show episode "The Best Burger in the World" greatly damaged any empathy I had for Benson.

• Thumbs Up 5

Speaking of empathy for characters: I don't really consider it a bad episode, but the Regular Show episode "The Best Burger in the World" greatly damaged any empathy I had for Benson.

So I'm not alone on that?  Great, because after seeing that episode, I feel like wanting to see Eggscellent simply because Benson gets punched by Mordecai.

What happened in it?. From what I see, he was a douche in Eggscellent where Rigby is in a coma and he still acts like an asshole.

In Best Burger in the World, Mordecai and Rigby try to work hard cleaning Skip's garage so they could get to eat special burgers that are sold every one-hundred years. They cheat of course, with using holograms of themselves from one of the items they were meant to put away as decoys so they sneak off. As they are getting their burgers, Benson is about to come over after the trick doesn't work and then the holograms show up wanting the burgers themselves. A fight ensues and when Mordecai and Rigby defeat their hologram counterparts, it's revealed Benson had ate their burgers during the whole thing.

I remember an episode of the 80s Ninja Turtles cartoon I hated. It was in season 5.

Can't remember the name, but I remember the turtles throwing Michelangelo out for the horrible, horrible crime of...listening to loud music.

They couldn't tell him to turn it down? They couldn't buy headphones for him?

Then they start feeling bad for it, and consider leaving the last slice of pizza for him...but then the music from outside their home immediately changes their mind and eat it.

Why was this supposed to be funny? It felt like it was trying to be, but it was just mean-spirited instead.

To make matters worse, they destroy Mikey's radio in the end. They never get punished for any of their actions.

Incidentally, Splinter never pops up in the episode. I'm pretty sure he'd give them a good chewing out...

I can't be the only one who hated that episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

it's revealed Benson had ate their burger during the whole thing.

Burgers, plural. Mordo and Rigby had a burger each and the greedy fucker ate them both.

You know... I think I'll slowly start writing massive reviews for certain episodes of Spongebob and The Fairly OddParents. Both shows have just gotten abysmal and I just want to rant endlessly on them. I have a feeling I'll be a bit unfair and biased with Spongebob though since for some episodes like *shudder* House Fancy and *gulp* The Splinter I've only seen once when I was 10 and.. yeah they kinda hit me hard since young me was never prepared for such horrors in Spongebob.

Speaking of which, I never ever ever saw the beginning or end of Gullible Pants. Why? That episode is known to have a plot point where Mr Krabs splits his nail during those parts. Yes, split his nail. Jeez, it sounds painful by just reading it. The transcript I've found on Spongebob Wiki states that there's even a gross closeup of his split nail which made me just avoid it at all costs. However I've never seen anyone mention this? So I'm not sure if the transcript is inaccurate or whatnot. Needless to say, the mere thought of that scene gave me actual nightmares... Also is it just me, or was there some strange fetish or something with the writers giving characters nails all of a sudden in post movie episodes?? 

Edit: I just noticed I forgot to mention The Fairly OddParents. Yeah, season 9 is just awful. Pretty much all the supporting characters are gone aside Crocker, and there are times when the plot makes no sense (Crocker seeing and knowing Timmy has fairies, yet no consequences for Timmy) and when the writing is just downright offensive (episodes like Finding Emo for example). 

Plus there's Fairy OddDog and the live action movies.

Remember when we could actually be excited for the FOP movies? Abra-Catastrophe, Channel Chasers, Schools Out, Fairy Idol, THEY WERE AWESOME!...Then came FairyOddBaby and it sucked.

Also, I did like Wishology. I feel it's a little underrated, although the plotholes and other little details were really annoying (Trixie for example only caring about Timmy as soon as she finds out he has fairys and can wish for stuff)

Burgers, plural. Mordo and Rigby had a burger each and the greedy fucker ate them both.

Ugh, thank goodness they write him better in later episodes otherwise I would've hated him so much.

Speaking of Benson, while I wouldn't call it the worst Regular Show episode, the one where Benson can't yell at Mordecai and Rigby while Pops is in charge of the park while Mailards away irks me a little. On the plus side, shedding some light on how Benson's childhood was earned him some sympathy points, but the way they handled him bottling his anger was done in the usual "bottle it, and you'll go nuclear" (although, this being Regular Show means they take it to it's extreme).

Being angry doesn't work like that though. Anger feeds upon itself. Remember that time you told someone off and it felt so good? Your brain wants more of it, so your mind will generate more excuses to be mad. It wants that euphoric high more and more. Rage is an addiction, not something that's good for your health when you let it out.

Plus there's Fairy OddDog and the live action movies.

Remember when we could actually be excited for the FOP movies? Abra-Catastrophe, Channel Chasers, Schools Out, Fairy Idol, THEY WERE AWESOME!...Then came FairyOddBaby and it sucked.

Also, I did like Wishology. I feel it's a little underrated, although the plotholes and other little details were really annoying (Trixie for example only caring about Timmy as soon as she finds out he has fairys and can wish for stuff)

Nobody's mentioned it yet, so I will:

0.jpg

"Everyone Knows It's Bendy" was an episode of Foster's that I've hated since it premiered. The villain of the episode, Bendy, does a wide variety of bad things and then blames them on the main cast. Bendy is never shown getting punished for his acts at any point during the episode.

Also, while we're on the topic of bad new Spongebob episodes, better mention the one that involves "National No Spongebob Day." What the hell was that? You expect me to believe that the entire undersea nation went out of their way to avoid Spongebob, and that every single person participated? It's such lazy, lazy writing, and incredibly stupid, even for a wacky kids cartoon like Spongebob.

• Thumbs Up 3

This episode...I can't even. You can't try to call back to an episode and retcon it at the same time.