Awoo.

The Worst TV Series Episodes (Warning: Please place any videos/pictures of disgusting or cringe worthy scenes in spoiler tags)

Ryannumber1gamer

The worst episode I've seen other than the aforementioned Bendy episode (or any episode involving that dumbfuck Cheese) was "A Case of Mistaken Secret Identity" from DuckTales.  In it, the nephews make a guess that GizmoDuck's secret identity is Launchpad with their only (baseless) evidence being that he's never around when GD is.  Except that's not correct:  It's Fenton.  And there was an instance that josses their evidence:  Money to Burn, the Season 2 finale and part five of the "Super DuckTales" five-parter.  At the very end of the episode, there is a bit where Launchpad and GD are lowered into the Money Bin and are at the same place at the same time.  So it's the worst episode in my book due to this writing-induced plothole.

Alan Burnett you should be ashamed of yourself!  How dare you forget the canon that was already established!?

and this was after he and a few other made that awesome episode on inflation

I remember hating the TaleSpin episode 'Save the Tiger' due to what an entitled douchebag they made Baloo, mooching off of Khan over a life debt and becoming oblivious to the crap he's made Rebecca and the rest of the team suffer. Yeah, THAT Baloo, the big loveable lug who watched over Mowgli like his own father in The Jungle Book, now acting like a G rated Peter Griffin or Stan Smith.

It also kinda harms the status quo a bit, the recurring plot throughout the show was Baloo trying to buy back his plane. In this episode he realises he can't because Rebecca lacks a competent replacement and will likely just go out of business. But he reverts back to normal ambitions the following episode. That realisation could have made for a good finale, with Baloo staying for good or the two becoming a couple or whatever, but in between it didn't really work.

That lottery episode was also pretty mean spirited as well.

Plus there's Fairy OddDog and the live action movies.

Remember when we could actually be excited for the FOP movies? Abra-Catastrophe, Channel Chasers, Schools Out, Fairy Idol, THEY WERE AWESOME!...Then came FairyOddBaby and it sucked.

Also, I did like Wishology. I feel it's a little underrated, although the plotholes and other little details were really annoying (Trixie for example only caring about Timmy as soon as she finds out he has fairys and can wish for stuff)

I think I only saw Fairly OddBaby once, but I actually remember genuinely laughing my ass off at Cosmo going through the stages of pregnancy.

And I KNEW they'd ditched a bunch of the supporting cast! I haven't seen many episodes from the current era, but I swear nearly every one I've caught a glimpse of has been either Crocker or some newer villain. Where's Vicky? Is she even around anymore?

I'm gonna cheat a little but here's two complete series that are absolutely terrible.

fred_the_show.jpg

Oh hey, look, it's an absolutely horrible show.

You guys remember that overrated Youtube series Fred? The series where the only joke was ''HUR HUR, LOOK, THERE'S A HYPERACTIVE KID WHO HAS A SQUEAKY VOICE!'' Well, you see the above series shows perfectly what was wrong with Nick lately.

You see, for whatever reason, they decided to put Fred into an ICarly episode (Good Series, bad episode) but anyway, you can make a connection that since he's just another webshow, it does have a connection (I will be talking about that ICarly episode later though). Anyway, one or two years later, Nick decided in their wisdom to give the series that runs on 2 minute videos a feature length film. No sorry, they decided to give him three feature length films. Each one even more worst than the last.

Then finally they decided to give him a fucking show that thankfully got panned and didn't last more than one season/

But oh no, the horror doesn't start there. Cartoon Network, who was starting to recover with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe and more decided that they needed to give another annoying Youtube show a series. This spawned this horrible piece of garbage.

r1139114_14108125.jpg

You thought Fred was bad? Well, here's where we've hit the bottom of the barrel. Nothing but The Annoying Orange being a douchebag with his annoying laugh for a good 30 minutes per show and as you can imagine, both shows should have never happened. Thankfully it seems it only managed to last 2 seasons.

I heard the iCarly episode he was in was really unfair on Freddie (the iCarly character not Fred himself): he dared to say that he didn't find Fred funny and Carly and Sam completely derided him for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think I only saw Fairly OddBaby once, but I actually remember genuinely laughing my ass off at Cosmo going through the stages of pregnancy.

And I KNEW they'd ditched a bunch of the supporting cast! I haven't seen many episodes from the current era, but I swear nearly every one I've caught a glimpse of has been either Crocker or some newer villain. Where's Vicky? Is she even around anymore?

I heard the iCarly episode he was in was really unfair on Freddie (the iCarly character not Fred himself): he dared to say that he didn't find Fred funny and Carly and Sam completely derided him for it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I see that the title's been changed to include live action episodes as well. 

Anyway, would Mr. Enter's reviews be considered candidates for this? I feel like at least half of his videos could fit into this category as a good majority of them are worse than what he's actually reviewing. 

Yes. Mr.Enter's reviewed episodes can be mentioned here. In fact, he is the inspiration behind this thread, and the reason why I chose One Coarse Meal to be the first episode in the thread.

I feel like any episode where the smart people suddenly lose common sense is a terrible episode in my book.  Case in point being Senior Ditch Day on Suite Life on Deck.  Suddenly Zack and Woody become the smart ones (normally the ones of average intelligence) while Cody becomes the dumb one for going to class in order to "defy the SDD rules"

OH MAN WE CAN TALK ABOUT LIVE ACTION EPISODES TOO :D

(From what I've seen, this is a fairly unpopular opinion, and I've never actually read the original books, so yeah.)

Cut for spoilers for the third season of BBC Sherlock.

Okay, I personally hate BBC Sherlock, for the sole reason that it never builds it's freaking antagonists enough. It says stuff about them (without showing much, I mean, what did Moriarty himself, not his goons, actually do on screen?), their personalities are somewhat creepy, but no one ever seems to be an actual threat. But wow, the third season was the worst with this. Here we have Magnussen, who... licks some lady's face because he's blackmailing her. Um.

Anyway, he's apparently got information that would apparently destroy a lot of people, but I can't actually remember him doing anything with it? So, uh, things happen, it turns out that his vaults where he stores all the info are just in his head, and Sherlock shoots him and Sherlock has to leave, but Moriarty's back. This could have been a good conclusion, had he actually done something first that solidified him as being dangerous. Everyone is terrified of him, you hear about him ruining people's lives, but it's never actually done on screen. Overall, it was just... Anticlimactic.

Nobody's mentioned it yet, so I will:

0.jpg

"Everyone Knows It's Bendy" was an episode of Foster's that I've hated since it premiered. The villain of the episode, Bendy, does a wide variety of bad things and then blames them on the main cast. Bendy is never shown getting punished for his acts at any point during the episode.

I mentioned this one on the first page of this topic. =P But yah, it's a horrible episode. I've read that even the writers themselves apologised for how dreadful it was.

Actually I just remembered another episode from Foster's which is hated by most, including myself; Foster's Goes to Europe. First of all, the title is a total cocktease! They never, EVER go to Europe in the episode. Second...we are introduced to this character.

890748_1338680775352_full.jpg

Meet Eurotrashtrish, a really annoying Imaginary Friend with a bad singing voice. I can't stand her and I don't get how she appeared in another episode after this one!

Yes. Mr.Enter's reviewed episodes can be mentioned here. In fact, he is the inspiration behind this thread, and the reason why I chose One Coarse Meal to be the first episode in the thread.

I think he was talking about the reviews themselves not the subject matter of the reviews.

Well, yeah the episodes can be discussed here as well I guess

If we're bringing up Mr. Enter's reviews, I will say that I do enjoy quite a bit of his reviews, but sometimes he gets so angry in some of his episodes, it's kinda hard to sit through. It was really hard to tell if he's acting or genuinely angry.

Though, I think he's kinda eased up as of recently, thank goodness. I like that he's informative, but there were certain reviews that made me go, "Sheesh, calm down." 

• Thumbs Up 3

Couldn't the title be changed to "Worst Episodes of TV Shows" thread? Is there some format other than Animated or Live Action?

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I remember being in the 2nd grade and looking at Cartoon Network's website for info on the show before it even aired. I also remember the night of the series premiere - I actually was at a kid's birthday party. I remember actually bragging about going home early from his party just to watch it. That was kind of an asshole thing for me to do in hindsight, but eh. My thought process when I was 7 or 8 years old didn't really do much in the way of word filtering.

Anyway, it didn't disappoint me. I fell in love with the show, and I would eagerly anticipate each new episode. This was my favorite show as a kid, and if I were to talk about things I loved from my childhood, the first three things I'll say are skateboarding, Sonic, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. 

Thing is, no show is perfect, and this show has four episodes that fail extremely hard in spite of being an otherwise great show. Two of them, Everybody Knows It's Bendy and Foster's Goes to Europe, have already been mentioned in this thread. The other two that completely fuck up are Imposter's Home For, um...Make 'Em Up Pals and I Only Have Surprise For You.

The former is probably my least favorite in the series, because of the two reasons it goes completely flat on - the fact that it's little more than a Frankie torture episode and this fucker:

SYIejvh.png

He is just so incredibly annoying that I can't put it into words, but I think just looking at him will give you a good idea. Fuck that guy.

Anyway, the main plotline is that this guy show's up and Frankie tries to prove that he's not an imaginary friend, just a teenager in disguise. No one believes her and wacky hijinks ensue.

I don't find the punishment of characters I like to be particularly humorous, especially when what they were doing is their job - unless their job involves doing something morally reprehensible. In this case, however, her job is actually on the good side of the moral spectrum, so it's not funny.

So, the whole episode is spent with Frankie trying to prove that Goofball is a human. She ends up getting punished by Herriman pretty harshly and in the end, it turns out he is an imaginary and he thanks her and it tries to be comedic at first and then heartwarming at the end. 

It isn't heartwarming, though, because Frankie is just getting blasted for doing her job and Goofball is unbearable to the point where I wanted him to lose in the end. 

Then the latter of the two is summed up in a quote at the end.

"You threw two parties all along, knowing I'd destroy them both and feel so bad that I'd throw my own surprise party and completely humiliate myself"

It also is played it in an extremity, seeing how bad they try to make Mac feel for destroying Artie's surprise parrty.

I can't really enjoy mean spirited humor unless it's someone who pisses me off. While Mac was kind of an overbearing asshole about it to the point of trying to sabotage the work of others, the fact that everyone was in on humiliating him and making him feel bad on his birthday is just kind of a shitty thing to do as well. Nobody was likable in this episode. 

Some people can do this mean spirited humor well, but Foster's wasn't a show that could. Actually, it wasn't even angering or frustrating, it was just annoying to me most of the time.

Many, many episodes of this show are good. It had the ability to fail hard at times, though.

Speaking of Foster's Home, if I remember right, I wasn't too big a fan of the Booooooooooo episode. Not because of it being bad or anything, I just think it's not that funny, and doesn't really feature much other than Bloo getting hurt because of hyjinks. Although, it's nothing too bad.

Although I'll tell you one thing, the majority of Season 2 episodes probably would have made it here at one point for me and it isn't because they were bad. You see, a few years back, before Cartoon Network UK made their entire night time lineup into crap, they actually featured some of the normal shows like Foster's and stuff like that. The problem? It was the same episodes repeated. I remember the episodes being Partying is Such a Sweet Soiree, The Big Lablooski, the four 15 minute episodes (Which includes Bendy), Cookie Dough, Frankie My Dear, Squeakerboxxx, Beat with a Schtick, The Sweet Stench of Success, and Bye Bye Nerdy. As you can imagine, these same exact episodes every night for a good 6 months can ware on you very fast. Luckily, I haven't seen them in years now so I can enjoy them for what they are now.

Here's one from Doctor Who: "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship"

The premise of the episode was just way too random. The Doctor brought along Queen Nefertiti because...why the hell not, and some random game hunter from the 20th century. Plus the Doctor acted extremely out of character by knowingly causing the death of Solomon (David Bradley's character).

• 1 month later...

You know, at first I wanted to talk about two certain episodes. Oral Report from Spongebob, and Finding Emo from The Fairly OddParents. Now.. I honestly just want to do the latter. I’ll get into Oral Report later, maybe this weekend because I noticed not many people knew about Finding Emo’s existence. And it’s a special type of bad episode. 

With animated episodes, or any show in general I guess, there’s always a scale of how bad things can get. Normally, episodes range from just boring to downright horrible. This episode however treads into a territory you should never enter in a kids' show. And this is when an episode gets downright offensive. Let us begin. 

The Fairy OddParents: Finding Emo

Episode Rundown:

So, the episode starts off with Timmy who has apparently fallen in love. Alright, not bad so far. Gotta be Trixie right? She’s been the main love interest in this series for the past decade. But no. A new character this time around. Missy… what a name. Anyway, as of now there are no major problems. A few good jokes with Timmy’s anxiety of talking to girls.

6HFIvom.png

Cosmo kills the mood a bit though, by using the same exact joke twice within the span of 10 seconds. Because you know, if you’re that confident in your joke and you’re sure kids will laugh, you gotta throw it again because everyone knows that works! Anywho, cue Timmy’s dad who was apparently creepily listening to everything outside his room. They’ve made Timmy’s dad like this quite a bit recently. Random bomb joke out of nowhere and Timmy’s dad is gone. Okay, so much for that.

Cosmo tries giving Timmy tips on how to get a girl. According to him, he sang until Wanda gave up and accepted to marry him. This is already raising some flags, as it’s not entirely in-character and a rather cruel thing to do. Plus I swear this contradicts an earlier episode but.. continuity doesn’t count I guess? Except in this show it does sometimes… Well whatever. Moving on.

Cut to Timmy showcasing pictures of Missy off her phone.. and yeah this is getting a little uncomfortable. This is like when a teenage boy finds some girl’s phone and searches it for... you know. I'm not gonna say it. I’m sure this wasn’t the writer’s intentions but it does come off as a bit creepy. Another anxiety joke aaand Cosmo goes back to mentioning the song he sang? Because.. reasons? I’m a tad confused at this point too.

Anyway suddenly we’re hit with another joke, which wasn’t that bad. An alarm went off saying “Pretty Girl Approaching” and Cosmo says “Oh no, it’s the pretty girl alarm I set up last week”. Gotta admit, that made me crack a smile. Missy appears and we get another anxiety gag. We’re only 2 minutes in, mind you. Missy is suddenly at the door because she knows where Timmy lives somehow? Even though they never talked?

y08jutY.png

And she’s carrying a bird.. I assume she’s like Snow White. She does kinda look the part. Just as Timmy goes to talk, he chokes on a moth, spits over Missy and gives her phone back. Lame joke about after school snacks.

Cut to the next day, where Timmy is in school. As he’s trying to find out what to do, Wanda tells him to just be himself. Solid advice, but Timmy refuses as he knows he can abuse the Fairies’ powers to become the perfect guy Missy likes. After seeing Missy impressed by a guy that plays sports, he wishes he was a jock.

k0SpO0T.png

One visual pun later.. Cosmo sings a song about tractors. I don’t know where the writers were going with this. I mean, one writer from Animaniacs said that the best humour is unexpected. But this is just random and unfitting. Finally, Timmy getting his wish granted, tries to impress Missy but gets caught by a coach and is forced to go against a.. gorilla.. child.. thing.

Seeing as Missy didn’t notice him, and is instead listening to a kid play music, who is also sensitive, Timmy wishes he was sensitive. Though at this point he seems like a crybaby. Because stereotypes. Those are what we need. :V

Cut to the inside of school, Cosmo yet again brings up the song he sung to Wanda. Urgh. Just let this joke die already. >:U Aaaand Cosmo sings again… Also now is when the episode gets interesting. Timmy notices Missy talking to an emo kid and when she called him cute, Timmy wished he looked like “the black hole kid”. Avoiding words, I see. He called him that because he said life is like a black hole or something to that extent. Wanda says he’s pretentious, phony, and full of himself. Cosmo thinks he’s stupid. You can see where this is going. Already taking in the stupid stereotype that people who are depressed do it for attention. This isn’t going to end well. They stepped in this territory. They’re not going back.

txPa9WU.png

And yeah, Timmy’s depressed now. Wanda is showing some clear concerns, but Cosmo… not so much. Also the way Timmy is written is so.. stereotypical and almost satirical. Like, as if they are making fun of depressed people. Anyway, Timmy goes back to his house to just.. lie down on his bed. Cosmo and Wanda try to get him out by squashing his dad under a car, hoping he’ll wish the car away to save his dad. Of course it doesn’t work, as this Timmy just doesn’t care about anything. He’s too busy wallowing in depression to care about what’s going on around him. After another attempt to get him to wish something, Wanda tells Timmy that “He can’t act like he doesn’t care forever”. Urgh. I have many problems with how this is worded.

I understand they want to show that Timmy is depressed, and since depression is hard to explain they just throw it off as “not caring” in this episode. Very loosely I guess it can be accurate, but the point is, you shouldn’t have to make a plot point about this in a kids’ cartoon. Ever. Especially when the protagonist wishes he was like this. And Timmy’s stereotypical “scene kid attitude” is just making things worse.

Back to the plot, Jorgen Von Strangle appears telling Timmy that because he hasn’t been making many wishes, his Fairy Godparents will get reassigned to another child. Timmy reacts as a spoiled child who doesn’t care what happens to anyone but him. Hard to believe this was what the writers intended, but the line delivery made it seem that way. Jorgen tells Timmy his Godparents might get assigned to some truly evil kids, essentially scaring Cosmo and Wanda. Timmy now has until sunset (yay cliché) to make a wish and keep his Godparents. Wanda shows some great concern (thank goodness) and Cosmo says he has a plan. Then we see Timmy.. drooling?

P7Ixqaa.png

I don’t quite understand the context in this.. Moving on.

We cut to Timmy staring at the sunset when Sparky appears (yeah where has he been this whole time?) with yet another joke about escaping the police.

q5LRYzw.png

I swear, that’s all he’s used for by the writers. These jokes aren’t even funny. They come out of nowhere and are just bizzare.

Timmy is now seen genuinely depressed, and Sparky just leaves so the FBI won’t find his evidence that he wants to hide??? Err.. ok. So much for showing concern for your owner.

Suddenly Missy with a bird again.

VG3Cr5T.png

She offers Timmy a kiss for some reason and he accepts by saying he doesn’t care. Timmy didn’t react much, but as soon as it was revealed Cosmo was Missy , Timmy “snaps out of depression” and as soon as Jorgen appears to take Cosmo and Wanda again, Timmy wishes he was his old self again. Suddenly a “Woo hoo! I care again!” comes from Timmy and Jorgen leaves.

Timmy soon after learns it’s best to just be himself. Missy suddenly appears and they go out on a movie date. And then the episode ends with Cosmo singing about tractors.

9WEm6ms.png

Final Thoughts:

So, with that rundown of the episode, it’s safe to say that the show is now basically disregarding all secondary characters this season and the writing has gone waaayyyy downhill. Trixie, Tootie, Veronica, Francis, Chester, AJ, and Elmer are all thrown out the window and basically never existed. On top of that, the writers are going into some territory they really shouldn’t be.

It felt like this episode just took my heart and crushed it and twisted it around. First off, no matter what, you never ever make fun of depression in a childrens’ cartoon. There is NO excuse. People say One Coarse Meal from Spongebob was bad, but to me this is worse. As an individual who has suffered from and still is suffering from depression, I can’t help but feel offended. The way Timmy acts, the whole “not caring” talk, and Cosmo and Wanda assuming the depressed kid in Timmy’s school is doing it for attention all just makes me question what the writers were thinking when they came up with the script.

It’s not okay to do this. Especially in a kids’ show. I cannot stress that enough. This maybe would be different if they were taking a serious approach, but it was all satire and done for comedic purposes. And none of this is funny. Fairly OddParents is a wacky show about a kid with Fairies who goes on crazy adventures and wishes up silly things. An episode like this has no business in this series. What happened to the days Timmy would hang out with Chester and AJ? Or the Crimson Chin fighting villains? Or Timmy trying to get with Trixie? This show just feels so entirely different now and I only watch new episodes out of curiosity. They don’t get better.

Maybe I’m being overly sensitive, maybe I’m seeing this in a different way, I don’t know. But this episode really doesn’t bode well with me. And it really pains me that this show has stooped so low. I made a status update waaayyy back saying how I feel they replaced the writers of this show with hacks. I mean, what else could explain this? It’s such a drastic change in writing. Another episode that is up there with this one is “Turner Back Time”. I may or may not get into that one, but a lot of which applied here, applies there. I mean, in that particular episode they had a few jokes pointing fun at homeless people. Yeah.

Anyway, I guess I’m done here. I, for some reason, had a feeling Fairly OddParents could have stayed a decent show. I didn’t feel season 6 was that bad, honestly, with the introduction of Poof. But after Wishology, things started going downhill. Overall, I’d say Fairly OddParents has had a better run than Spongebob, but now it’s gotten just as bad for me. It really hurts to see a show you love become so bad. Ugh. Nickelodeon, what are you doing?

Next up I’ll be looking at Oral Report from Spongebob. And that’s going to be an interesting one. Let’s say it was one of those episodes that really hit me and made me go “Wow.. Spongebob has gotten pretty terrible”. With that, I’m out for now, folks. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow, so first they make light of suicide and rape... and now we can add depression to the list of Nickelodeon's thoughtless humor.

Stay classy, Nick.

Fairy OddParents used to my favourite. It beated Danny Phantom, Spongebob, and virtually anything else Nick had, but a combination of horrible episodes, plus flandised characters, plus growing up a bit and enjoying Danny Phantom a lot more changed that.

Channel Chasers is still amazing, we can agree on that right?

• Thumbs Up 1

How has Nick not been flooded with complaints because of this crap?

Seriously, I looked up Breadwinners on Wikipedia expecting to see a "Controversy" section that talks about "Love Loaf" but, nope. The overall reviews for the show are even favourable according to Wikipedia :/

Let's keep in mind that Nick wouldn't even let this scene:

because it was too violent, and yet this kind of crap flies with them.