Awoo.

Underrated and Overrated Things (in your opinion)

Monkey Destruction Switch

If you've ever felt the need to express your indifference to and/or dislike for something popular or to express your love for something either oft-criticized or simply obscure, this is the place to do it!

Please remember to be respectful to other people's opinions, tho.

Overrated:

Probably the number one most overrated thing I've ever seen is Superman: the Movie (1978). I love Superman with a passion, and I really wanted to like (nay, love) this movie...but it was out-and-out awful. Not just lacking, but blatantly bad. The character of Superman, as depicted here, was miserably lacking in compelling qualities, nearly devoid of personality or real, actual character, and simply...not actually appealing (well, to me anyway). Based on this, it's easy to understand why some people hate Superman, since in this movie he really was one of the worst protagonistic characters I've ever seen. The storyline was a joke at best, the special effects haven't aged well, and they just had to add insult to injury by inserting one of the stupidest plot points in the history of major motion pictures at the end. Ugggh. 

Most of my other "overrated" things aren't nearly as passionate. For example, I like Doctor Who well enough I guess, but it's just...meh. It's interesting, sure, and reasonably entertaining, but to me, it's not great. Maybe it's because it seems like every other character, whether protagonist or antagonist, is a self-righteous and snobby to one degree or another, and that's one of my least favorite personality traits ever (whether in real life or fiction). Maybe it's because the characters, including the Doctor, just don't appeal to me that much in general. The Doctor just seems too, well, godlike - not necessarily in terms of abilities, but in attitude and positioning. He seems to persistently act as if he's the highest moral standard. Even his "thou shalt not kill" policy is extremely flexible and he's perfectly OK with violating it if the occasion demands it. I don't find the idea of a character who usually doesn't kill but occasionally does problematic at all; it's just the idea of having a moral code that you're completely okay with violating that bothers me. I also don't like their fixation with making all the enemies "monsters" as opposed to actual characters with interesting motives, even when they're theoretically sentient. It makes everything so black and white, even when it shouldn't be.

I've watched only one Marvel movie, Captain America, and I was...very underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but it really wasn't impressive to me at all. I have little interest in watching any others.

I really like My Little Pony and consider myself a fan, but even so, I must concede it's overrated. I mean, as an entertaining, cute, and funny children's cartoon, it's really great! But it's not some epic fantasy with super deep themes or whatever. It has occasional depth and drama, certainly, which is nice. But overall, it's just...cute and fun. Not profound or anything.

Also, really, it's a show which often has the same flaws as many children's shows, such as predictable plotlines. It's better than most, but it's not super different.

Underrated:

Superman in general. I mean yeah, he's a ridiculously famous and well-beloved character, but he also gets a lot of hate. I get that sometimes he's not exactly well-written (see first example in Overrated), but I firmly believe he can potentially be a very interesting and lovable character. I think his scrupulous morality and insane power level can make him more interesting, not less. The key, I think, is to not focus solely on his powers as what's important about him or what makes him who he is, but on who he is as a person, and how that "interacts" with the fact that he has godlike abilities. I used to be a very immature Superman hater myself, but one day I read the Wikipedia article on Clark Kent, and slowly began to think of Superman in a different light - started realizing that there was more to Superman than just "being Superman".

And as for the argument that he's too overpowered for his stories to be interesting...yeah...no not really, a lot of the villains he faces are just as "overpowered" as he is so that's not necessarily a problem...and even apart from that he has often has to deal with something that takes some effort or cleverness to solve. Of course, I'm sure Superman stories are sometimes boring, but it's hardly a sure thing.

Speaking of Superman, I'm a real sucker for the George Reeves show from the 50s. Yes, it's badly written in innumerable ways, but that just gives it a "So Bad It's Good" appeal. This combined with some genuinely likable aspects, such as George Reeves himself, who I think did an excellent job of bringing the character to life and infusing him with realism and personality (pretty much the polar opposite of Chris Reeve tbh), amusing character interactions, good utilization of the supporting cast, and creative plotlines. I really love the depiction of Clark Kent in this show - sure, he's really not mild-mannered enough nine times out of ten, but I just love the fact that he's depicted as a competent and respect-worthy individual who often does a huge amount of crime-solving without having to turn into Superman. Looking at this show, it's just impossible to conclude that Superman is just the sum of his powers - Clark Kent proves that wrong, and to me that's extremely valuable. It makes me kind of sad that no one aside from baby boomers even talks about this show x_x

-

So those are some of my opinions...what are some of yours? :D I'm excited to hear 'em!

Underrated would be this nifty little show called God, the Devil, and Bob. It didn't last too long due to controversy surrounding the subject matter and the portrayal of god being a flawed individual, but it never struck me as trying to be controversial and offensive in the slightest - it actually portrayed God as being a great guy and the Devil as being a bit of a neurotic jackass, but I digress. Like any other well written character, it portrayed god as being imperfect and a desire to wipe the world clean and start over, which, for some reason, ignited enough hell for the cancellation of the show.

It never once struck me as trying to be offensive to anybody as much as tell a story, however, and it didn't rely on vulgarity like most adult cartoons do. It managed to have an interesting cast of characters with a unique premise and tell a deep story with complex, real life themes without taking itself too seriously and keeping itself humorous and fun. The humor in it was always clever and witty, and it always told a great story that was both relatable and intricate. I'd recommend it to anyone, really, and it's sad that its lifespan had to be cut so short.

Overrated would be Nintendo. I don't think they're a bad company, but I don't think the quality of the games they put out is as great as some say. I don't like Mario, and that's not because I'm a Sonic fan, but just because I found Mario to be exceedingly bland and dull whenever I played it. The characters were completely uninteresting, the world was uninteresting, everything was uninteresting. The games I played didn't age well. I just don't see that as a very good series at all and I think it only gets the recognition it does today because of the impact it had on gaming wayyyyyy back when. 

While I don't dislike Legend of Zelda, I just didn't find enough enjoyment in it to see why people would call it great. I liked the games I played, but I've played much better. This is coming from someone who really likes older videogames, too, and I can recognize how innovative Ocarina of Time was and I can tell how great the story in Majora's Mask is. I just didn't see it as being a be-all end-all. Maybe it's just personal preference with that one, but I dunno. Good, but not greatest of all time.

And I always kind of groaned at Nintendo consoles from the Gamecube onwards. I had the misfortune of getting a Wii for Christmas when I was 13. It was a great gift and I really appreciated getting it, but I really forced myself to play it so that way I wouldn't hurt my grandmother's feelings. I did not enjoy it. I did like the Gamecube when I was little, but I couldn't pick one up today and get enjoyment out of it, I feel like. I haven't even bothered with the Wii U yet, because it looks like crap to me and I hated the first Wii. Handhelds are a different story, though. I do think they've done good there.

I just don't see them as a great company in any era, except for wayyy back when. Not a bad company by any means, and I do like a lot of the things they've done, they're just far from being the best and I can't really wrap my head around why they're so popular - maybe my mind just works differently than the devout fans of the company, though. I don't know. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Underrated: Alan Wake (Xbox 360/PC) - Out of everything I have played between 2006 and now, Alan Wake still sits at the very top for me for "Best 360 game ever" and despite the popularity of the game rising little by little in the last few years, I still feel its a very underrated game that doesn't get the praise it deserves. It scored good reviews, true. But I mean, some people complain about the repetitiveness and the overuse of forest locales. But really? This isn't a game you play for colourful levels or industry-defining-breakthrough gameplay. It's to play through Alan's story, as he searches for his wife and unravels the mystery of his story that he hasn't even written yet, set in the spooky town of Twin Peaks Bright Falls.

Overrated: Robert Downey Jr. - I don't really buy him much as an actor. He just doesn't possess the ability or acting range to really draw me in. He makes an okay Tony Stark, but he doesn't capture Tony's more sombre moments very well. Plus he's overpaid for what is generally half-assed acting. Also, when you demand stupid-money for signing a deal to play a character longer, it doesn't convince me your doing it for the fans...

But again, just my opinion.

I can't really think of anything for underrated, but for overrated, the Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared series. I avoided actually watching the videos for quite a while because how scary and creepy they were was played up so much (and because in general puppets kind of creep me out), then one day I stumbled on one and I realized I'd had no reason to avoid them. I watched all four of them now and I think there was one or two creepy moments throughout, and even for those they weren't really the kind of thing that stuck with you and kept you up at night, just momentarily got you. Even the gore wasn't that bad.

Sonic CD is definitely in the overrated camp. People say it has the best level design in the series, when only half of the stages are any fun. And the Special Stages are horrendous, even in the 2011 remake.

This might be reaching a bit considering their cult status, but I'd call Nights Into Dreams and The Wonderful 101 overrated, as well. The former is a decent time waster but far from some magical masterpiece like some fans claim it to be. Fly around things, get a high score. Do that three times, then fight an unintuitive boss. That's most of the game right there. Sometimes you do it from a top-down perspective. Ooh, thrilling. The controls aren't great, either, and are even worse in the aforementioned top-down parts.

In the case of the latter, the camera is way too zoomed out for 1) character models that small, and 2) how many characters can be on the screen at once, making it very easy to lose track of who you're playing as. Furthermore, the game suffers from a serious case of Bioshock Infinite Syndrome and likes to throw multiple insanely powered enemies at you, most, if not all, of which, you can only attack one at a time, and when you're attacking one, the other will hesitate to attack you. It's incredibly annoying. And if that wasn't enough, sometimes the game doesn't register the right Unite Power movements. There have been multiple instances where I've tried to conjure up Unite Bomb, only for the game to give me Unite Whip instead.No, game. Bad.

Seriously, it does almost everything right. The music, the dialogue, the atmosphere, the cheese... but the most important part of the game, the gameplay...they just couldn't pull it off well enough.

/rant

With the risk of being meta, the term "overrated" is overrated to me, this idea that people are irritated that the rest of the world has an overwhelmingly diffrent opinion then them comes across as bit arrogant to me.
Must be because me being a bit of an outcast in my youth with weird tastes, the idea that the entire world always loves things I don't understand and scoffs what I like has become my default expectation.

So usually instead of taking the rant straight as an attack on the subject, I take a more psychological interest.

When something's really loved/ hatred and I/ the ranter don't get it, it just makes me curious in trying to understand where the love/ hate comes from, rather then getting irritated at the crowd.

So on that note, I suppose my dislike of the word overrated is more a admission of my own terrible selfworth then it is a genuine problem/ attack on the word usage. Yay, psychology.

• Thumbs Up 7

Overrated: Steven Universe, by far. I tried watching a few episodes of it; It just seemed... dumb. Steven himself annoys me too much for me to really get into it. The concept on the whole didn't appeal to me, and the art is ugly, IMO. And while I'm on the subject, since I constantly lump these two together, Adventure Time has run its course and needs to die. It was a good show for a while, but more recent episodes (ex: "Jake the Brick") were just downright terrible, IMO.

Underrated: Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure. This game is great, and was free to anyone who voted for it on Steam Greenlight. It never saw much popularity back in the day, having been a PSP exclusive here in the states up until now, but it's worth the $10 they're asking for it on PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

With the risk of being meta, the term "overrated" is overrated to me, this idea that people are irritated that the rest of the world has an overwhelmingly diffrent opinion then them comes across as bit arrogant to me.

Must be because me being a bit of an outcast in my youth with weird tastes, the idea that the entire world always loves things I don't understand and scoffs what I like has become my default expectation.

So usually instead of taking the rant straight as an attack on the subject, I take a more psychological interest.

When something's really loved/ hatred and I/ the ranter don't get it, it just makes me curious in trying to understand where the love/ hate comes from, rather then getting irritated at the crowd.

So on that note, I suppose my dislike of the word overrated is more a admission of my own terrible selfworth then it is a genuine problem/ attack on the word usage. Yay, psychology.

I see what you're coming from. In fact, now that I think about it, the word "overrated" doesn't exactly match the meaning I'm going for, or if nothing else, has overtones I don't want. I'm not meaning to convey the idea of getting angry that others like things that you don't "get", but rather just that idea of not agreeing with the prevailing opinion.

I'm almost tempted to edit the title, but "Things other people like that you don't like/Things other people don't like that you like" would be a little unwieldy.

Underrated: Puyo Puyo. A wonderful puzzle series with wonderful characters. Even if I can't understand what they're saying in most games, their personalities show through in the tone of their voices and the visuals, so I have that reason to watch the cutscenes even in the untranslated releases.

Amitie is my favorite Puyo character. I love her. Too much for my health.

It's got more personality than Tetris in my eyes, yet far less of the popularity, Not saying Tetris is bad, just that with that one, if not for Puyo Puyo Tetris, I'd just stick with my old PS2 copy of Tetris Worlds and call it good.

Also, Star Fox Adventures. It isn't a traditional Star Fox installment, yes, though to be fair, it wasn't intended to be a Star Fox game, period. That said, it's a great game in its own right, and I feel Fox himself is at his best with his personality. He's just such a snark, and I love that. I also enjoy this more than most of the Zelda games. Odd, since this is a "Zelda clone," so they say.

Overrated: Most Zelda games. It's time for me to come out and finally admit it. I've been denying it, even to myself, but the truth must come out. I just can't get into the series no matter how hard I try.

To make matters worse, every time I think I finally found one I actually enjoy, something makes it so that I stop the adventure before it's officially over.

Despite this, however, I struggle to call them outright bad. At any rate, the series isn't my cup of tea. It really says something when my favorite one in the series is Hyrule Warriors, which isn't even the typical Zelda experience. I liked that one.

Another overrated title is the movie Frozen. I had no idea what to expect when I first head about it.

My expectations were raised when my brother and sister, who are usually harder to please than I am, enjoyed it and talked it up.

So I saw it when they brought their copy over last year's Easter...it wasn't a bad film.

But it's definitely not the masterpiece it's made out to be. Especially the songs. This is probably the first time the characters' abilities to pull a song out of their asses actually distracted me and took me out of the film rather than enhanced it, or at least did nothing to detract.

The story wasn't bad, but while it did do some thing different, it still felt like a by-the-numbers film to me.

I can see why people like it, though, and again, despite my quips, it was a decent flick. Just don't expect me to put it on a hypothetical "films of the 2010s" list.

• Thumbs Up 3

Underrated: Disney's Treasure Planet. Why why WHY wasn't this film a box office hit when it came out! Was it the bad advertising, the nasty timing of cinema release with Lord of the Rings etc or did the story seem too dark for the general public? Either way, it hurts me to see this wonderful film so often overlooked because IMO it's absolutely wonderful! Great animation, highly creative world, good characters (especially Captain Amelia and John Silver) and a touching story about a father and son relationship. Seriously, Treasure Planet is a treat.

Overrated: Current pop artists like Rihanna and Katy Perry are just so awful I can't see why they're still so popular! I feel like I'm the only one who can't stand these singers. They used to be great, but now they produce shit with autotune and ugh. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't really say something is over or underrated, and I've gone so far as to purge those terms from my general vocabulary. I wouldn't even call Stephanie Myers Twilight series overrated, because if you ask me there's a reason for their reception even if we in particular aren't so fond of it.

In fact, I have to say that when it comes to the terms "Overrated" and "Underrated", you're ironically praising and congratulating something by calling it "overrated" and insulting and belittling something when you call something "underrated", even despite all intentions behind those words being the exact opposite.

Because really, those words serve to reinforce their reception you see in them.

Just something I wanted to get off my chest, since this seemed like the perfect topic for it.

Also, Star Fox Adventures. It isn't a traditional Star Fox installment, yes, though to be fair, it wasn't intended to be a Star Fox game, period.

Actually, that does the game an even bigger disservice when you say it like that, especially considering what it's original concept was before it even had anything StarFox related put into it. And this is from someone who thinks it's a decent game as well.

Now, being intended as a different Star Fox game would be putting it fairly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will have to go with the anime series Hell Girl for this one in the underappreciated department. The first did not sell well enough for Funimation to license the second and third series/seasons (they were licensed with subs though by Sentai).

hell_girl-t2.jpg

While I have not read Death Note, as I have no interest in it and the two are compared often, I can tell I like Hell Girl more because the theme is more universal than "I have a magic book that I will disrupt balance with." I know that bullying and blackmail has always been an issue in society and many of us want revenge on out tormentors. In here, both the revenge seeker and the tormentor are promised eternity in Hell in many episodes. Ai, the Hell Girl says herself, "when one person is cursed, two graves are dug," as a warning to those who call upon her and few listen to her warnings. It's also neat how the Wanyuudou and Hone-Onna from mythology are incorporated as characters. I know many people think that having a 13-year old girl as a harbinger of revenge seems like typical anime logic, but in my interpretation, it is her stoic and empty manner of speech that helps make it scarier. And that doll-like face helps add to the feeling that something seems a bit off.

I feel like I'm the only one who can't stand these singers.

Actually, that does the game an even bigger disservice when you say it like that, especially considering what it's original concept was before it even had anything StarFox related put into it. And this is from someone who thinks it's a decent game as well.

True, true. Didn't mean any offense by it, but now that I look at it, yeah, it wasn't the best way to put it.

I hate not being good with words.

I was thinking about it earlier, and I think the two Fairly Oddparents games, Breakin' Da Rules and Shadow Showdown, are fairly (heh) underrated. Battle for Bikini Bottom gets its props, now and again, but I never see anyone talk about these games. Both of them are very solid and fun platformers, with arguably better dialogue than the actual show has had in a while. The soundtracks are amazing and very memorable as well. It's a pity the music is so scarce on youtube or online in general. The second game especially gives me a huge nostalgia rush. It brings me back to my 10-year-old days when I would sit on the living room floor, my Gamecube and TV in front of me, and play the game, looking for every collectible I could, pressing "R" constantly to hear Cosmo and Wanda say stuff. Those were the days, man.

I've been playing Dying Light a lot recently and I feel that it was somewhat underrated. To me, it's the perfect zombie game (bar the story). It's open world, has a crafting system, a lot of zombies, and even adds Mirror's Edge style parkour into the mix. The best part about the game though is the up to four player online co-op which allows three friends to join and play the whole game (apart from the final mission) with you, including free roam. It's so much fun holding out against hordes of zombies with friends in a run-down building....at night.

Also, Roger Craig Smith voices the main character. You can't help but think "Sonic" a lot of the time.

I was thinking about it earlier, and I think the two Fairly Oddparents games, Breakin' Da Rules and Shadow Showdown, are fairly (heh) underrated. Battle for Bikini Bottom gets its props, now and again, but I never see anyone talk about these games. Both of them are very solid and fun platformers, with arguably better dialogue than the actual show has had in a while. The soundtracks are amazing and very memorable as well. It's a pity the music is so scarce on youtube or online in general. The second game especially gives me a huge nostalgia rush. It brings me back to my 10-year-old days when I would sit on the living room floor, my Gamecube and TV in front of me, and play the game, looking for every collectible I could, pressing "R" constantly to hear Cosmo and Wanda say stuff. Those were the days, man.

Speaking of Fairly OddParents, I actually think the show itself is underrated as well. I really don't think the show's as bad as you (and everyone else) make it out to be. Though at least you have common sense. One of the admins on the Fairly OddParents Wiki once said that enjoying Season 9 is the equivalent of supporting terrorism. I am not kidding you. But back to the point, I actually think Fairly OddParents is better than it used to be. I'm not sure exactly why, I just find the overall tone and everything better. Not to bash the pre-Poof episodes, they're amazing as well. It's just that the newer episodes just feel better to me. It's hard to explain. Of course, the show does have its' problems (many of which are specific to the post-Poof seasons) but I think the good greatly outweighs the bad. 

I think the dialogue in the show is still amazing and it'll probably continue to be amazing as long as the show lasts. So happy it's getting a tenth season. People say that the characters in the show have become nothing but jerks but if you'd actually watch the show you'd know that's not true. They can be jerks at times yes but they're not like that all the time. The characters genuinely care about each other and that reflects in the series including the post-Poof episodes. Let us not forget that the worst episode in the entire series was a pre-Poof one. 

In fact, one of my personal favorites was from this season. It's a very cute and heartwarming episode, proving once again that the characters are nowhere as mean as the post-Poof haters make out. The reason I love this episode so much is because it goes more into the fairies' past and I love that. I've always been intrigued about Fairy World and how it works so seeing an episode dedicated to it is great. This episode manages to be both heartwarming and hilarious at the same time, especially the ending. Timmy delivers a fantastic quote about Cosmo at the end of the episode and I love it so much. 

Speaking of Fairly OddParents, I actually think the show itself is underrated as well. I really don't think the show's as bad as you (and everyone else) make it out to be.

Mind, I was referring to the newer seasons in that regard, and I imagine everyone else is too. It's just that, for me, shortly after Poof's introduction, the show just started to stagnate. There were still some good ones, but after a while it just started flatlining. It's not as bad as modern Spongebob, but it's still insanely average and unnotable now. Kinda like FiM.

Those games came out back in the show's "glory days", so that's where the contrast in dialogue comes from.

And remind me what's supposedly the worst episode in the whole series? I haven't watched a older episode in years.

Mind, I was referring to the newer seasons in that regard, and I imagine everyone else is too. It's just that, for me, shortly after Poof's introduction, the show just started to stagnate. There were still some good ones, but after a while it just started flatlining. It's not as bad as modern Spongebob, but it's still insanely average and unnotable now. Kinda like FiM.

Those games came out back in the show's "glory days", so that's where the contrast in dialogue comes from.

And remind me what's supposedly the worst episode in the whole series? I haven't watched a older episode in years.

Yes, and when I said the show was underrated, I was also referring to the newer seasons. I don't feel the pre-Poof seasons are anywhere underrated. That said, I also find the post-movie SpongeBob seasons underrated as well. It can get pretty bad at times but it's nowhere near the abomination most people make it out to be. The majority of post-movie SpongeBob episodes are good and some even manage to be as great as the pre-movie ones. 

The worst episode of the show in mine and a lot of other people's opinions is Season 5's "It's A Wishful Life!". After Timmy does all this nice stuff for people and they all mad at him for it (what the fuck?) he decides to wish he was never born (hm, does that sound like anything familiar?). Then Jorgen comes along and shows Timmy's how everyone's lives is much better without him. That's some pretty messed up stuff especially when you realize that Timmy's only ten. Also, most of the stuff isn't even true. Apparently without Timmy, Vicky never became an evil babysitter and Crocker never became obsessed with fairies. Neither of these make sense. First of all, it's been shown in numerous episodes that Vicky babysits other kids as well. Second of all, Timmy's not the reason Crocker's obsessed with fairies. He was obsessed with them long before then. So, yeah. Pretty terrible episode. 

Yes, and when I said the show was underrated, I was also referring to the newer seasons. I don't feel the pre-Poof seasons are anywhere underrated. That said, I also find the post-movie SpongeBob seasons underrated as well. It can get pretty bad at times but it's nowhere near the abomination most people make it out to be. The majority of post-movie SpongeBob episodes are good and some even manage to be as great as the pre-movie ones.

Fair enough. Though, in terms of Spongebob, my beef with the post-movie episodes is how stupid they made him. In the pre-movie episodes, he was just naive and a bit dim. Now you're telling me he can't even spell "big boom-boom"? Come aaaaahn.

The worst episode of the show in mine and a lot of other people's opinions is Season 5's "It's A Wishful Life!". After Timmy does all this nice stuff for people and they all mad at him for it (what the fuck?) he decides to wish he was never born (hm, does that sound like anything familiar?). Then Jorgen comes along and shows Timmy's how everyone's lives is much better without him. That's some pretty messed up stuff especially when you realize that Timmy's only ten. Also, most of the stuff isn't even true. Apparently without Timmy, Vicky never became an evil babysitter and Crocker never became obsessed with fairies. Neither of these make sense. First of all, it's been shown in numerous episodes that Vicky babysits other kids as well. Second of all, Timmy's not the reason Crocker's obsessed with fairies. He was obsessed with them long before then. So, yeah. Pretty terrible episode. 

Oh yeah, that one. Pretty good candidate.

Actually, didn't Timmy time travel back to when Crocker was a kid to see what made him so miserable only to find out that it was because he (Timmy) got Crocker's fairies taken way?

• Thumbs Up 1

Coming from me, this is obvious. I think Saber Marionette J is an underappreciated anime masterpiece. It makes a brilliant metaphor for male dominant societies where women are viewed as servants, via the marionettes/androids. The saber marionettes start off as stereotypes, but steadily become more real and likable as the first show progresses. Lime, Cherry and Bloodberry are all easy to understand in some way or another and reflect the kind of people some of us want. Not to mention that it twisted around harem cliches by having the girls realize that it would not work if they all shared Otaru. Otaru treats them like roommates and not like inferiors. Also props for giving us Lime to hug you all with! Lime makes some honest mistakes that any kid might.

Actually, didn't Timmy time travel back to when Crocker was a kid to see what made him so miserable only to find out that it was because he (Timmy) got Crocker's fairies taken way?

• 6 years later...

here's an anime i just watched and i really liked it, Ushio and Tora may not be the best thing out there, like sure it's tropey as hell, but the characters are pretty likable, i loved Ushio and Tora's dynamic,with the OG manga inspiring what InuYasha would do with it's two main characters, except here their less romantic and more like asshole friends who constantly shit on eachother, yet they care for eachother deep inside. Season 2 is hype as hell too, loved it, it's just a fun show, that's it.

another underrated thing would be the Megaman Starforce games, people hated it back in the day for not being yet another platformer where you defeat the 7 robot masters/mavericks, aswell as the fact that people were getting tired of megaman, and being to similar to Battle Network, but more simplified, but thing is, i think the simplified combat still works, it's not something like new paper mario that takes out any semblance of complexity and depth, there's still fun to be had, and the story is better than BN's, the overall concept of merging with electromagnetic aliens may be outlandish at first, but you quickly grow to love it, especially if any of you are a fan of the tokusatsu genera, even if you aren't, the Geo's issues, while very toned down as it's a kids game, still feel relatable, with him being a social outcast after his father goes missing and slowly learning to integrate back into society.

I  think Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is underrated. Sure, it's not a platformer, but it's still a brilliant and fun vehicle builder, and it has the charm of Banjo-Kazooie.

Marvel shows I think can be overrated or underrated. The new Disney+ shows are enjoyable, but that's about it. I think they're overall overrated. Agents of SHIELD, however, is brilliant and I think it gets overlooked a lot.