Awoo.

Expansion of the birthday tab?

Yoko/葉子

I was thinking, since not all members click the link to see all birthdays for the day and might miss a friend's birthday as a result of it always displaying the same 5 members for the day, would it be best to shuffle up the list that appears in the tab on the main forum page?

I was missing from the main page on my own birthday before rewind, so seeing a shuffle of all the people with the same birthday with every refresh should help compensate anyone else that might have been missed.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah I second this notion. Just make it all in a single column. That's not fair for your name to not be there in the visible list, why should people have to click a link just to see all names? Give everyone equal exposure on their special day.

Yeah, it's not fair how more active members can have their birthdays go largely unnoticed because members who joined years ago and then disappeared off the face of the Earth shunt them out of view thanks to member seniority alone.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, does it not work already on who is active?

I was thinking, since not all members click the link to see all birthdays for the day and might miss a friend's birthday as a result of it always displaying the same 5 members for the day, would it be best to shuffle up the list that appears in the tab on the main forum page?

I was missing from the main page on my own birthday before rewind, so seeing a shuffle of all the people with the same birthday with every refresh should help compensate anyone else that might have been missed.

Thoughts?

Thing is, IPB tends to be complete ass when it comes to customizing this kind of thing. If there isn't a hook for it already made, there usually has to be a custom made hook by someone who has sufficient coding experience for this kind of thing to become a feature - and people with the sufficient skill to do that are a lot more difficult to find than one may think.

I went to go see if there was a hook on the IPB thingy-majigger site, and there was the enhanced birthdays hook that comes with the following features:

xAHmDPP.png

• Thumbs Up 1

This question has been brought up in the past, but for the reasons Libson pointed out among others, we've never done anything about it.

I miss the days when IPB actually had a list at the bottom of the screen that displayed all the birthdays on the screen.  Relegating it to a sidebar is kind of inconvenient if you ask me.

I miss the days when IPB actually had a list at the bottom of the screen that displayed all the birthdays on the screen.  Relegating it to a sidebar is kind of inconvenient if you ask me.