Awoo.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (IGA's Castlevania Successor) [PC/PS4/XBO]

Candescence

cCHCW6a.png

"We will enter the stream with nothing.  We will leave it with the future."

It's almost time.  11am Pacific is apparently when things will get interesting.

Disregard what I just said earlier: The FAQ answered my questions. Parity and the like. Hoping for a Wii U and Vita version, but I'll buy it on the PC if it ends up being good.

The game looks fantastic in terms of screenshots and we should be getting footage very soon, so it doesn't seem to be another MN9 deal.

>Mother company is coming out of a big controversy regarding mistreating a legacy franchise and creator

>Kickstarter appears promising to do things right like the mother company can't

>Promises a ton of great and nostalgic ideas

>Only needs some money, otherwise they already have funding, totally, guys

>No gameplay shown, just concept art

>People willing to fund it just to spite the mother company

>Inticreates and Comcept are involved

now, what kickstarter am I talking about

I mean good god, they're not even trying not to do the same thing

at least IGA's more stylish than Inafking

Just found out the game is running on the Unreal Engine. Um, why? What's the point if your game is comprised mostly of what seems to be handdrawn 2D sprites?

because those images are just concept art, and the final result will be bland 2.5D 3d models

Just found out the game is running on the Unreal Engine. Um, why? What's the point if your game is comprised mostly of what seems to be handdrawn 2D sprites?

Because its not going to be handdrawn 2D sprites?

because those images are just concept art, and the final result will be bland 2.5D 3d models

Did Inafune show you your still beating heart before he crushed it?

He didn't do nothing to me, I didn't care enough to hate Capcom to donate to his merchant ride

but man is it amusing that it's happening all over again

only thing that'd be missing would be the controversy Konami's going through being Castlevania-related instead of MGS-related

...No 3DS?  But, but, it's basically Order of Ecclesia anyway!  She has a glowing tattoo on her back and everything!

Darn it, Kickstarter projects never come to 3DS any more.  I might still contribute to support the project, but I just don't game on any non-3DS platforms.  It's a predictable shame.

I did enjoy how the Kickstarter video was IGA literally rising from the grave and torturing a guy for kicks, though.

I hope the graphics are far away from the concept art. I don't like it.

I don't like the whole Kickstarter, to be honest. No gameplay, them only needing the campaign to get a real publisher, the tier exclusive content...

I'm reminded of the advice Yacht Club Games gave after their Shovel Knight Kickstarter: "Present your game as if it's already finished."  We knew exactly what we were getting, in terms of gameplay and visuals, with Shovel Knight.  Mighty No. 9, and now, regrettably, Bloodstained?  One piece of concept art.

Doubt it'll happen but

IGA decided to go with 2.5D for this project for both financial and artistic reasons. All decisions in game development involve trade-offs, and for Bloodstained a 2.5D world built on Unreal Engine 4 was the right choice to balance development time, graphical fidelity, budget, and scope.

At the same time, IGA is very excited about exploring the paths a 2.5D style opens up within the classic Igavania formula. As he begins a new chapter of his career as a developer, he's looking forward to trying things that will enhance, rather than detract from, that core gameplay.

Still, though, we would never discount the fans' love for that classic style. The development team is looking forward to working with backers every step of the way to decide on custom shaders that will give the game a distinctive, hand-crafted look. Games like Guilty Gear and Strider are proof that 2.5D can be handled in a way that honors a classic aesthetic while allowing for new possibilities; that’s what IGA hopes to achieve with this project.

And of course, since it's an Igavania game, the 2D gameplay and feel are nonnegotiable.

If they made that happen I'd be in love.

The video made me laugh with IGA torturing the poor guy. It looks good but no gameplay footage doesn't convince me so I probably won't be backing it in case it's another MN9 fiasco.

6efad897d2b335d9ecd2e00f9c329d4c_origina

No Comcept anywhere.

My interest is renewed.  Though it's disappointing that they decided on 2.5D.

I hope the graphics are far away from the concept art. I don't like it.

Miriam looks familiar and I do not refer to Shanoa either. I will have to buy this when it comes out with joy.

Hope it's good. I'm a bit wary because I've had mixed feelings on the Metroidvania games, but I love their style. 

I mean, good for them. Glad it got funded. I just hope nobody ends up disappointed like with MN9, a game with somewhat similar circumstances. Granted, that's what you sign up for with Kickstarter, but still...

Apparently someone on the stream mentioned co-op? If that was in I would be so down for that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Local Co-op stretch goal is up.

fe4d0c62145dd6c9d9152feb3464d7b6_origina

Color me interested. 

The hayter thing feels like such a "fuck you konami" . I hope the game is awesome. I love SOTN

• Thumbs Up 2

This is gold 

a0QZwpP.gif

I'm pretty sure this was just subbed over, but I don't really care because seeing Koji re-enact WHAT IS A MAN is just all kinds of badass regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1