Awoo.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (IGA's Castlevania Successor) [PC/PS4/XBO]

Candescence

I'm pretty sure this was just subbed over, but I don't really care because seeing Koji re-enact WHAT IS A MAN is just all kinds of badass regardless.

It is. It's based on a fake Miyazaki quote that made its rounds on the internet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is dubbed over. IT's from the teaser trailer on the KS page.

And cheat codes stretch goal is reached

What amazing worth gif to the current situation, overall this game look sweet and i do very looking for more news for it.

They're almost at the local co-op stretch goal already.  Really hoping we can get to those probable Nintendo console dungeon stretch goals.  They'll have to update the achievements, too (Kickstarter achievements, really), as quite a few of those hve been smashed.

I'm going to wait until there's actual footage, first, but apparently that's gonna be coming fairly soon, so I can wait.

Also, updated the topic accordingly, now that there's an actual game reveal.

I'm totally up for another "Castlevania" game, and while the Kickstartervideo admittedly got me pretty pumped, there is just no way that I'm gonna spend money on a game when there's not a single bit of gameplay shown, especially after what happened to Mighty No 9.

If they show convincing gameplay while the Kickstarter is still running, I might consider it, but for now, I'm just going to wait for the full game release and buy it then. I really hope this game turns out great. :D

am very happy to hear the Co-up with be available at this point by now. i could totally love playing this with a good friend. is it doing to be online too? 

am very happy to hear the Co-up with be available at this point by now. i could totally love playing this with a good friend. is it doing to be online too? 

Local-only co-op is all we have so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've noticed these stretch goals and the money distance apart is looking as crazy as MN9 did.

I really hope this turns out good.

I can't wait man. Been wanting another game like this for a very long time. I did rather enjoy Lords Of Shadow for what it was though. But I am happy to see this style return. Even if it isn't castlevania. I love the design of the protagonist.

I've noticed these stretch goals and the money distance apart is looking as crazy as MN9 did.

Fingers crossed that this is a product of: 1. It being a much smaller sum of money once the various third parties have taken their cut; 2. The goals being somewhat nominal with a certain amount of the extra money always going on generally improving the game; 3. Some of these particular stretch goals actually being way more interesting than they superficially appear to be, so for instance apparently on the stream they were talking about having cheat codes for things like "bad voice acting mode"...

• 2 weeks later...

A Wii U port stretch goal has now been confirmed at three million dollars, with development handled by Armature Games.  They're placing a lot of emphasis on development of the Wii U version not impacting the mainline version.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic requires updates, I shall try to fulfill this role.

Anyway since the Wii U stretch goal, we've hit the Vita and Orchestrated music goals as of now.

On top of all of that, some early offscreen footage

• Thumbs Up 1

... Okay, I'm certainly backing this. It looks very close to the concept art, even if the footage is offscreen and not that clear. And this is an early prototype, meaning it will only look better from here. Looks like this'll be a huge step up from MN9, visually, and IGA seems to have an active hands-on role and giving feedback.

Looks like the concept art. Which, as I said before, I'm not a fan of. Too bad, I was hoping for something closer to Kojima's art.

Oh well..

For me, it's Order Of Ecclesia's illustrator, Masaki Hirooka, who absolutely nailed the gothic style.  Looking up his(?) work he seems to work on incredible things not very often; for instance, Kid Icarus: Uprising.  I'd have done anything I could to get him on-board.

While I too would love to see something hand drawn in the great gothic Kojima style, based on that tiny glimpse I think the graphics will at least be passable.  Even at that angle I can tell it's got much more of a defined look than MN9.

I'm also glad to see Iga saying the running animation needs to be changed.  Right now it reminds me of Dracula X Chronicles, in which Simon walked around like he had a dump in his pants.  Something more like the run cycles from the other Metroidvania games would look more satisfying.

I think the running cycle from OoE would be pretty good, an improved version of that would be really pleasant to look at considering how smooth it already looked.

Well here is something fun

http://gonintendo.com/stories/235496-armature-to-share-unreal-engine-4-wii-u-code-with-other-devs-once#comments

ARMATURE TO SHARE UNREAL ENGINE 4 WII U CODE WITH OTHER DEVS ONCE ITS PORTED FOR BLOODSTAINED
10 June, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 2
“Hi Bloodstained backers - Armature here with another update. It turns out that a people have shown a ton of interest in our plan to port UE4 to the WiiU and PS Vita. Since they're not officially supported platforms, it's going to be a lot of work to get Bloodstained and UE4 on these platforms, but we are up to the challenge.
Since the community got these platforms off the ground, we figure that it's best to let the community have them back when we're done. As a result, after the release of Bloodstained we will share, for free, the UE4 WiiU and Vita code with any developer authorized to develop on those platforms! Thank you all very much for this opportunity!”

After the release of Bloodstained. In 2017. When both consoles will be pretty much dead.

Update: With less than twenty hours to go, Bloodstained is presently the most-funded video game Kickstarter at $4,600,000 plus change.  We also know they have at least $150k from PayPal backers, which means they've unlocked the stretch goal for the prequel minigame on Vita and 3DS.  Finally, the 3DS sees something Bloodstained-related!  And at the rate they're picking up funding in the final hours, it's plausible that they'll even hit their final, $5 million stretch goal for a roguelike alternative mode.

I'm also glad to see Iga saying the running animation needs to be changed.  Right now it reminds me of Dracula X Chronicles, in which Simon walked around like he had a dump in his pants.  Something more like the run cycles from the other Metroidvania games would look more satisfying.

That was Richter, not Simon. But Dracula X Chronicles (and Rondo of Blood, which it's a remake of) were just replicating the walk cycles from the games that come before it. 

Castlevania_III-Dracula%2527s_Curse_%252

But yeah, a jog is more suited to an actiony game like this.

That was Richter, not Simon. But Dracula X Chronicles (and Rondo of Blood, which it's a remake of) were just replicating the walk cycles from the games that come before it. 

Castlevania_III-Dracula%2527s_Curse_%252

But yeah, a jog is more suited to an actiony game like this.