Awoo.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (IGA's Castlevania Successor) [PC/PS4/XBO]

Candescence

5 more minutes until the Bloodstained kickstarter ends. Remember!

$60 or more and you get to fight Igarashi, last chance!

And just like that, it's over. It's been a hell of a ride gentlemen.

$5,545,991 along with $208k from Paypal

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuuuum

I also upped my pledge to $175, about an hour before it ended. No regrets.

I wanted to pledge more, but I could only afford $60... Had some other expenses that came up unfortunately, otherwise was gonna donate $300. :<

64,867 backers.

$5,545,941 pledged.

1109% funded.

I said damn

My mistake.  But this walk cycle works much better in a retro 8 bit game.  It looks nothing like real life, so having an exaggerated stompy walk gave it personality and didn't hinder the game.

Dracula X Chronicles is much more graphically advanced and realistic, and seeing this same walk cycle replicated on a high detail 3D model just looked...well stupid.  As it would in Bloodstained had Iga not opted to change it.

The funny thing is, the Kickstarter's original aim of $500k represented just 10% of the budget, and was demanded by the game's private backers before they would fill in the remaining 90%.  The Kickstarter literally doubled the entire budget of a game which was meant to be 90% privately funded.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

IGA wants your feedback on these Bloodstained shaders:

sfELXMi.png

rkuKDLi.png

cHYWiJk.png

Btujp9E.png

Pfdx797.png

mg5dTR6.png

More examples can be found in the Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1470661

And here's the link for the Shader survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1skx7k6z_hJPrisavkclZCr49bUyOdlK-STHjLITv0FU/viewform

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really a fan of all the tattoos to be bluntly honest.

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2016 at 5:50 PM, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Not really a fan of all the tattoos to be bluntly honest.

D'oh! Actually,  I'm guessing that that's the crystal condition affecting the main character. 

Granted,  I didn't know about that plot point at the time. 

11 hours ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

D'oh! Actually,  I'm guessing that that's the crystal condition affecting the main character. 

Granted,  I didn't know about that plot point at the time. 

You could have just edited the post.

Also these new shots of the heroine are reminding me a bit of Shanoa and Judgement!Maria  Maybe the crystal condition will work akin to the Glyph system from Ecclesia?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up for anyone who pledged the full $60 price. If you have then congrats we're getting a Bloodstained demo in the near future, and if you haven't you still can by upping your pledge here: https://www.fangamer.com/a/kindling/bloodstained

Just make sure it's finished by June 13th and has all the necessary requirements filled out. Here's a cutout of the Demo info:

Demo Information

The preview demo that you'll be getting is the same build IGA and the team will be showing at the Xbox booth at this year's E3. We plan to start distributing it during the show or shortly afterward. Some FAQs (figuratively asked questions):

Who gets the demo? We'll be sending it to everybody who pledged at a $60 tier or higher and filled out their backer survey by June 13

What platform is it on? Windows only; we'll be distributing it digitally, through Steam, so make sure the e-mail address on your survey is current!

Is this the Beta? Nope! The Beta comes later, and will still only be available to backers who pledged $60 or more and ordered a Steam or DRM-free PC version of the game. 

Wait, now I want the demo! How can I— Your survey links are still active! If you upgrade your tier through your survey before June 13, we'll be sure to include you on the list. 

I’ve got a $60+ tier, but what if I haven’t filled out my survey yet? Your survey must be filled out by June 13 to receive the demo. Send us a message through Kickstarter or email orders@fangamer.com if you can’t find your survey link! (Remember: We aren't using Kickstarter's built-in survey, so look for an e-mail from Fangamer containing your personal [and reusable] survey link.)

Here's a taste of the demo level they'll both be showing off at E3 and giving to backers.

And yes it will have enemies.

Both the Bloodstained and Shante development crew have been watching too much Steven Universe. Giant sea monster women in both games.

17 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Both the Bloodstained and Shante development crew have been watching too much Steven Universe. Giant sea monster women in both games.

62e07e0e484943bea4cbca5ed271fa99.png

7a52c49afbb04ff3a7b8f865e5911673.png

Disney's had this market cornered before cucumber mouths came long, darling

• Thumbs Up 5

This game is looking better every time I see new stuff. It really captures that Iga Castlevania feeling. I hope there'll be demo later that is available for all.

Matt Simmons (Dr. Doom cosplayer and fanboy, and all around smartass) of YoVideogames fame attended E3 and made a list of his favorite games he's played. He went and played the demo for Bloodstained, and has promising early impressions.

Spoiler

And yes he throws shade at MN9

Heads up Bloodstained backers, the E3 demo key's are being handed mailed out.

Now that IGA and company are back from E3, it's time for the moment you've all been waiting for: We're sending out demo keys! In a minute I'll cut to IGA so that he can say more, but before I do here's what you need to know about the demo:

Do I get it? We're sending the demo to anyone who pledged at a $60 tier or higher on any platform and filled out their Fangamer survey by June 13. (But the demo itself is only playable on Windows.) You'll be receiving your key at the e-mail you used to back the Kickstarter. 

Have you sent it yet? We'll begin distributing demo keys shortly after we post this update, and we expect most of them to go out pretty soon after. But if you haven't received your key by June 27, send an e-mail to orders@fangamer.com. (If you're eligible to receive the demo, and you filled out your survey, you'll also find it on the backer management page you can reach from your survey link.)

Is this the beta? No! This is the demo build IGA and the team premiered at the Xbox booth during E3. The beta will be coming later in the process, and will be available to anyone who backed at one of the beta-eligible tiers we described during the campaign. 

How can I give feedback? The dev team is always grateful for feedback, but read IGA's message before you submit it, since he offers some information about where the dev team is already planning to make improvements. After that, hop into the demo feedback thread on the Official Bloodstained forums! (We also have a Google Form for certain very important feedback.)

The rest can be read here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1609242

• 2 months later...

To the surprise of nobody, Bloodstained is the latest game to get hit with a delay. What is a surprise is the new date: 2018

I am not even mad that Bloodstained got delayed to 2018. As long as IGA is honest about what is going on behind the scenes and uses the time wisely to make the game live up to expectations I'll be willing to purchase it on Day 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't mind this, I mean considering the type of game they're make it probably needs a lot of time put into it in order to get it to that polished mirror sheen that the old castlevania games had (plus my expectations are REALLY high after playing aria of sorrow).