Awoo.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (PS4, ONE, PS3, 360)

Junko

TlQFs9e.jpg

Let it sink in. (Yeah, its only five reviews in, but do you honestly expect the metascore to significantly improve beyond this point?)

I honestly think it'll get up to about 32. T-that's a lot, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly think it'll get up to about 32. T-that's a lot, right?

It's 10 away from the meaning of life. 

In this case it's the meaning of shite.

• Thumbs Up 5

Holy shit, THPS2 is 98? It truly is the best, I mean, how you could EVER beat Spiderman skateboarding? Dream on Robomoto.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, THPS2 is 98? It truly is the best, I mean, how you could EVER beat Spiderman skateboarding? Dream on Robomoto.

Spider-Man?

FUCK HIM

SHREK SKATEBOARDING IS WHERE IT'S AT.

• Thumbs Up 5

The game came out?! man thats a bad sign of it being total shit. whats the metascore now?

What version of Underground was that?! I 100%'d the PS2 version and never got shrek.

The game came out?! man thats a bad sign of it being total shit. whats the metascore now?

What version of Underground was that?! I 100%'d the PS2 version and never got shrek.

Ask and you shall receive my friend.

9SyaLg2.png

9KmEblP.png

Looks like we might have an actual contender for worst game of in recent memory.

• Thumbs Up 2

So my friend called me today, and invited me to his house because he had just bough the game. We both grew up playing THPS on the PS1, and we maintained the combo going untill after AW, which we really enjoyed it with all honesty. Unlike me, he doesn't follow much gaming news. I didn't told him I knew the game was a total mess, especially because he paid a lot for it. In any case, I said yes, after all, I wanted to play myself before make any judgement here. I went there to find him downloading an update. It was 7gb. It took almost 3 hours or so to complete. In the meantime we played something else on his PS3. When the game finally began, we navigated the menu to find it doesn't have a local multiplayer... I know it's not common anymore, but still. OK, we went to Free Skate. It's online all the time apparently, thus meaning lots of slowdowns, conection problems, simplified geometry, and so on. It's unplayable. It's Sonic 06 level of loading screens and frame drop. We found 2 or 3 other players that one second were there, and the other not. But the nightmare was just beggining. Neither of us could get the hang of the damn thing. The 4 original games share almost exactly gameplay, this one does not. It's even worse emulated than THPS HD. It's also worse graphicaly. The movement it's unnatural in a bad way. The skater is too speedy, drops too fast, it's sloppy the whole time. You never feel like you're doing things right or well. And then there's the fucking slam move, which some asshole dev had the excelent idea of asigning it to triangle, aka the grind button. You can't change or turn it off. It basically makes your skater go down like a bowling ball, exactly like modern Sonic's stomp move. This has 2 uses: kill your combo, unless you find ways to keep it going without grinding (good luck with that) and glitching around. It's the worst thing ever, and has no point at all. Its inclusion was more than pointless, it was gamebreaking. After frustrating hours of playing this without even the soundtrack at our favor, we decided to turn on Spotify and see if at least Goldfinger's Superman could save the day. It actually made me feel really, really depressed... I felt like I was playing a damaged or bootleg version of THPS, once one of my favorite games of all times. I wasn't angry at all. I was sad. Calling this Pro Skater 5 is an insult to fans and the original games, that should've remain untouched. After playing this the whole afternoon, I feel assaulted, my friend indeed felt assaulted, he'll try to get his money back with the store on monday. THPS5 fails everywhere. The controls are jarring and broken, the physics is unrealistic in a bad way (I know THPS never was about realism, but this is not even fun), the levels are bland, uninteresting spaces with very few oportunities to create combos, and it's not even good to look or listen to. Don't buy, not even for 0,99. Don't show Activision you support this, or soon we might get a Crash Bandicoot 4.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the 7th gen versions are delayed while they work on fixing the 8th gen versions.

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 have been delayed, Activision has confirmed to Eurogamer.

The publisher has yet to say when the last-gen versions will be released, but Eurogamer understands they won't make 2015. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 had been due out on PS3 and Xbox 360 on 13th November.

Activision is currently working to repair the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, which launched to a critical mauling earlier this month.

Here's Activision's statement:

• We are working closely with our developers to address the issues identified by our community. Our development resources are fully focused on fixes and content updates for PS4 and Xbox One, so we have decided to delay the release of THPS5 on PS3 and X360. We will update the community when we have more specific information about a release date for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Edited by Kyoko Kirigiri

20p says they'll never be released.

Yeah, they won't be.

I just don't understand how such a simple concept could fail so spectacularly. Take the Tony Hawk IP and make it great like the original Pro Skater games again that made the franchise successful. Is that so damn hard to ask, Activision? Is it really that hard to ask? Damnit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, they won't be.

I just don't understand how such a simple concept could fail so spectacularly. Take the Tony Hawk IP and make it great like the original Pro Skater games again that made the franchise successful. Is that so damn hard to ask, Activision? Is it really that hard to ask? Damnit.

"That would require actual effort, and effort costs money. You filthy casuals and plebs should just accept anything we shovel out no questions asked." - Activision (in the mind of me).

20p says they'll never be released.

You're being too reluctant in your bet.

Given the two-month release period between the current gen and previous gen versions of the game, the ports by this point should be near finished, the only thing that they would be able to work on would be polishing it up (or salvaging it, considering the state of this particular project). In the wake of the critical disaster this game has become, for them to claim they are "delaying it" tells me that says they actually are canning them completely.

The only thing getting delayed into 2016 is the statement that those versions of the game were cancelled.