Awoo.

Nintendo is partnering with Universal Parks for theme park attractions based on Nintendo franchises

Solly

As someone who has been frequently to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure over the last 10 years.

This will be incredible. Just wish it was Sega.

With what they did with Harry Potter and Simpsons, you should all be happy, and excited.

BE HAPPY!

Awesome, It's about time Nintendo gets a theme park. They're sort of lacking in merch outside of video games. And if Angry Birds of all fucking things can get a theme park then nintendo should too.

real life mario kart

This would be legit though, like go karts but with some kind of computer system to simulate items and the the effects of them.

This would be legit though, like go karts but with some kind of computer system to simulate items and the the effects of them.

Heh, I'm not sure I want to be electrocuted by lightning.

Heh, I'm not sure I want to be electrocuted by lightning.

That's why I said "simulated". I would presume the simulated effect of lightning would be that everyone's karts get speed capped for a bit except the user's. 

A part of me is really excited about this. I love theme parks, and I've always throught Nintendo would be suited for the business, as Sony is all about multimedia tech, Microsoft is all about all-in-one living room/office experiences, and Nintendo is and has always been about fun family experiences. Seemed like a no-brainer the theme park business would be suited for them.

But also the video-gamer side of me feels like it's going to eventually be disappointed with the way the ride theming will be handled, as many times character themes are just half-heartely thrown onto rides whether they fit them or not. I don't really want to ride the Kirby, Earthbound, or Yoshi roller coaster, nor a Donkey Kong Safari game and Star Fox Bumper Karts; I want to ride an F-Zero​ roller coaster, a Kid Icarus safari ride, and a Mario Kart - or if you're getting wild with rules, Smash Brothers - Bumper Kart ride.

Plus there's always the posibillity of this being just a small scale reskinning, so keeping my expectations a bit lower for that, as well.

Still, here's hoping this will be good!

Edit: Oh yeah, and a huge Metroid Blast world is a must, as well. Love me some Laser Tag, and I've always dreamed of playing it in a Metroid setting. :P

A Donkey Kong Safari actually makes sense, don't see why you wouldn't want to see that.

Anyway, there are a lot of ideas Id love to see. A lot of the roller coaster ideas that are cool, but Kirby Superstar would be personally cool to see with Brawls version of Butter Building playing. Not really sure what they'd do with Zelda or Smash Bros honestly. Bumper cars for Smash and maybe just a Zelda area to explore that takes you through many landmarks of the franchise?

Oh Mario kart and Metroid laser tag sound like great ideas.

It's too bad Nintendo probably couldn't get Sonic, as the rides he has at his own place really aren't that interesting looking.

Reminder to everyone suggesting Kirby and Fire Emblem attractions that those didn't even make it into Nintendo's fake theme park. It's really optimistic to think they'll be in the real Universal one. 

(I know, it stings for me too)

• Thumbs Up 1

Reminder to everyone suggesting Kirby and Fire Emblem attractions that those didn't even make it into Nintendo's fake theme park. It's really optimistic to think they'll be in the real Universal one.

I don't think anyone's guaranteeing that they'd get it? We're merely just coming up with ideas that would be cool to see. I mean Metroid laser tag as cool as it sounds, probably won't happen. Same with a couple ideas I've seen in the thread. Though they still sound cool.

I don't think anyone's guaranteeing that they'd get it? We're merely just coming up with ideas that would be cool to see. I mean Metroid laser tag as cool as it sounds, probably won't happen. Same with a couple ideas I've seen in the thread. Though they still sound cool.

I wasn't specifically addressing anyone here or trying to put words in their mouth. I was just saying that whatever we get is probably going to be the standard Mario, Zelda, and whatever else sells. Should've been a bit more clear on that. 

I agree about Fire Emblem having less chance of getting a theme park attraction, but not Kirby! In fact I think Kirby is one of those that would definitely get something since he's one of the most well known Nintendo characters alongside Mario, Link and Pikachu (see Smash Bros). But it would probably just be a playground, restaurant or kiddie ride. =P

It's seriously about fucking time they did this lol.

Hope it's good.

• Thumbs Up 1

inb4 they get halfway through an F-Zero ride before cannibalising its parts for the Mario Kart attraction instead :u

Here's what I predict we'll see in the theme park:

-F Zero rollercoaster

-Real life Mario Kart

-Metroid laser tag

-Pikmin/Animal Crossing mini golf

if they AT LEAST don't do real life Mario Kart then I have no hope for the rest of the attractions ;_;

Wow, Nintendo really is expanding their horizons with the amiibo, The rumoured Zelda Netflix series and now this theme park partnership!

Super Mario on Ice 2 confirmed.

It's something Nintendo has needed to do, honestly. They're practically the only gaming-exclusive company left in a business that has been taken over instead by two conglomerates, and they need other sources of revenue to protect against the potential pratfalls like the Wii U in the future. Regardless, I do indeed look forward to real life Mario Kart, complete with digital items and all.

• Thumbs Up 5

Now THIS is the isht I like to get online and see.

HELL YES I am 1000000% down with this.

Disney World just got it's ass kicked, Universal is now officially the best theme park, that's a wrap boys pack your bags Mousekateers because that party with your admittedly-great Epcot and your Frozen schlock is over

• Thumbs Up 7

Unless it was a joke a few years back I saw someone post that in the Japan pavilion of Epcot there was a pic of Tanooki Mario. So technically #DisneyDidItFirst

Given how the game industry likes to play "follow the leader," ...any possibility other brands will follow this route if it works out?

I had always wanted SEGA and the like to try partnering with a theme park since they don't do so well running their own.

With regards to the Nintendo deal, sounds pretty cool! I just wish I was more into their brand, but I can see why everyone else is pretty excited.

Nintendo on Ice featuring musical versions of Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, and Xenoblade Chronicles

Nintendo on Ice is basically the Nintendo version of Disney on Ice

Given how the game industry likes to play "follow the leader," ...any possibility other brands will follow this route if it works out?

I had always wanted SEGA and the like to try partnering with a theme park since they don't do so well running their own.

With regards to the Nintendo deal, sounds pretty cool! I just wish I was more into their brand, but I can see why everyone else is pretty excited.

I don't think anyone will copy Nintendo, since Nintendo is 20 years late on this...Pac Man and Sonic have already been present at amusement facilities from Namco and Sega since their inception

Now THIS is the isht I like to get online and see.

HELL YES I am 1000000% down with this.

Disney World just got it's ass kicked, Universal is now officially the best theme park, that's a wrap boys pack your bags Mousekateers because that party with your admittedly-great Epcot and your Frozen schlock is over

lol, I love this announcement, but I'm still gonna find Disneyland a much more entertaining experience most likely.

A form of Marketing they can make a profit off of.

wait didn't sega do this

ALL ABOARD THE MOTHERFUCKING HYPE TRAIN!!!!

Seriously this is just incredible. I'm hoping they do a pokemon ride that's kind of like the Star Tours ride at Disney. Each simulator takes you through some of the most memorable moments from the games (ex: Distortion World, Kyogre vs Groudon).