Awoo.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - The artistry formerly known as Victory

Junko

Syndicate? Meh, I prefer Victory. =P

But yeah I really wish this franchise could be rebooted or something, especially when it concerns the modern day storyline. I mean, Ubisoft, are we just gonna ignore the fact that some crazy goddess is still out there ready to strike??

lolwut

Is Juno just waltzing around present-day Earth after AC3 or something?

Syndicate?

Does this mean Ethan Hunt will be crossing over into the games?

I can see the trailer now...

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to stop the rogue publisher Ubisyndicate from releasing half-baked, bug-ridden games upon the Western populace..."

• Thumbs Up 1

lolwut

Is Juno just waltzing around present-day Earth after AC3 or something?

Well the ending of AC3 certainly suggested she's still around and is plotting something evilz. But hey, Ubisoft are acting as if nobody remembers that shit and instead has us control modern day nobodies who play around with Animus yaaay!

Well the ending of AC3 certainly suggested she's still around and is plotting something evilz. But hey, Ubisoft are acting as if nobody remembers that shit and instead has us control modern day nobodies who play around with Animus yaaay!

3 wasn't good, but Black Flag was great. Even the modern day story was interesting, especially after 3's terrible ending.

The screens of Syndicate look good. Can't wait until I get a PS4 and can play it and Unity.

As someone playing through Black Flag, I kind of agree with you, Marcello, but I still have fond memories of AC3 nevertheless. After I play Rogue, I intend to round out the Kenway trilogy with AC3 on the Wii U, despite the flaws I keep remembering...

As for Juno or Minerva or whoever it is that was let loose in AC3, Black Flag's modern day QR codes do indicate she's around, influencing folks. It'll probably build to a crescendo in one or two games' time, though I don't know if the follow-ups Rogue and Unity have any of that stuff.

And no, the series doesn't just need to take a break, it needs a full on reboot. Wait a whole generation, build a pretty new game engine, then hit us in the face with a badass ancient Mesopotamian Assassin order, the first order, so that we might romp throughout the region - Ur, Babylon, Susa, Nineveh, hell even Jerusalem, etc. Then bring us forward from there to ancient Egypt and Greece, then Rome and Carthage (even a Mediterranean spin on Black Flag with Triremes and galleys, islands and mystery!). From there we can happily skip to new regions: to India for a trilogy, and then it's off to the Americas with a Chinese expedition lost to history (for a very good reason) to meet the Maya, Inca, Ancient Puebloans and so on. We could see why they vanished! Bring us back to Asia in time, perhaps, to tangle with the Mongols and Chinese in their long wars, and then to visit with the Crusades in a new Middle Eastern era, before hopping back to Cambodia at the height of the Khmer empire. Then we trace our way through medieval or Tudor Europe, before running back over into the colonial era Americas (looking very different to our first visits) - Peru, Mexico etc, colonial Asia and even colonial Africa - before we begin to enter modern era Europe, Soviet Russia and gang land America/Mexico etc.

And breathe.

Black Flag makes it clear she is there, she just doesn't have the energy to do much yet. She's locked in the internet and could take a human host but chooses to wait for now. Rogue tells us that there are two new parts to this. There are Sage's, like Roberts in Black Flag, who are reincarnations of First Civ people. Then there are a new group (the name escapes me) who live to serve the First Civ who Abstergo have been exploiting. Unity tells us Abstergo is ready to get their hand on a Sage so they can use an Animus to see how to build First Civ technology. It is building to something, though it's just not as interesting as it once was.

Black Flag makes it clear she is there, she just doesn't have the energy to do much yet. She's locked in the internet and could take a human host but chooses to wait for now. Rogue tells us that there are two new parts to this. There are Sage's, like Roberts in Black Flag, who are reincarnations of First Civ people. Then there are a new group (the name escapes me) who live to serve the First Civ who Abstergo have been exploiting. Unity tells us Abstergo is ready to get their hand on a Sage so they can use an Animus to see how to build First Civ technology. It is building to something, though it's just not as interesting as it once was.

Really? I couldn't even stay entertained enough to understand the story in Unity. The gameplay was solid but the story was horrible, which pushed me away from the game, causing me to take 5 months to beat it. (The longest I've ever taken on an AC game run through was a week *AC4*)

The modern day storyline was barely even present in Unity, and when it did show up, it terribly broke the flow.

I think they shouldn't have brought in the modern day storyline in the first place, because after AC3 they kinda left it hanging and God only knows when they'll resolve it. They really want to drag it on for as long as possible huh? =[

So, Assassin's Creed Syndicate. 
I'm wary after Unity, but I'm loving the... British-ness of it all. That said as someone doing an exam on British history tomorrow, it wasn't that bloody exciting!

Definitely happy to see a faster paced combat overhaul though. 

It's such a fascinating era for an Assassins Creed game to explore, but the gameplay and story here doesn't look that impressive. I'm not sure if Ubisoft has learned anything from Unity's mixed reviews.

All I can say is...meh. =/ But hey, at least they're showing gameplay footage!

Only played the first game, but this one looks pretty good. I like the faster pace of it and love that it's set in Britain, since I live there :P

this is looking mediocre, its the kinda deja-vu like unity. overall its the same game with the same kinda plot i do presume?

It looks like Assassin's Creed.

people say they wont buying a other AC broken game, yet they still gonna do it and keep complaining about it. with Unity you should be more warned for the quality of the upcoming AC.

this is looking mediocre, its the kinda deja-vu like unity. overall its the same game with the same kinda plot i do presume?

This is the problem. Apart from a few tweaks here and there it's the same old game every year. 

people say they wont buying a other AC broken game, yet they still gonna do it and keep complaining about it. with Unity you should be more warned for the quality of the upcoming AC.

Unity isn't the only AC game which was a mess. AC3 was just as bad and Revelations had a lot of issues. Ubisoft seem obsessed with churning out a new game or two each year. WHY? Why on earth do they feel the need to keep spending god-knows how much money on a franchise which is getting more and more stale.

Yes the London setting looks quite nice, but there is nothing in the trailer which makes we want to play Syndicate. Yeah I know, it's an Alpha build, but it looks like the same old shit. This game needs to bomb in terms of sales to teach Ubisoft a lesson about not continually releasing over-priced unpolished games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fair enough, also i never wanted to bring hate of AC. Again i just dont like Ubisoft from what they are doing with the IP himself. AC 2 was a great title just like many other IPs Ubisoft. more likely the Ubisoft of Today is very bad terrible from my point of view just like EA  Activision and Sega.

Edited by Daisy-Fan

AC2 remains one of my favourite games of all time and is probably one of the most improved sequels in gaming. But how quickly the franchise turned from being amazing to be being boring is astonishing.

When I say it looks like Assassin's Creed, I mean it looks like the same fucking thing again. There's little reason to remain interested in it.

I like the look of it, mostly because the Victorian London is a setting more or less built for a good old fashioned AC romp - tightly packed buildings (which look way too far apart in the trailer... hmmm), brilliant inventions, that whole steam punk vibe, all the overt Britishness, etc. But still, god damn it, no more!

8Krc5xV.gif

5-7 year hiatus followed by an epic reboot please.

AC2 remains one of my favourite games of all time and is probably one of the most improved sequels in gaming. But how quickly the franchise turned from being amazing to be being boring is astonishing.

When I say it looks like Assassin's Creed, I mean it looks like the same fucking thing again. There's little reason to remain interested in it.

my sorry about it, i do agreed with you for sure on this.

5-7 year hiatus followed by an epic reboot please.

The money makers aren't dying man. Ubisoft has to keep this train rolling.

Eh, I liked every AC but Revelations, I also haven't played Unity. But I mean, I doubt it'll be bad but just as Blue Blood said, boring. Nothing special.

SSDD.jpg

That's all it is.

I thought Revelations was good. Only thing I didn’t like were the Tower Defense parts.

Revelations was okay. It was cool to see more of Altair's story in the game and exploring Istanbul/Constantinople was nice (especially if you've actually been there, like me!). However, I REALLY didn't like the Tower Defense stuff and the enemies in the game were really forgettable and boring. There weren't even that many assassination targets to begin with, so it felt super rushed compared to AC2 and Brotherhood!

Don't even get me started on those weird Minecraft puzzle platforming segments. >>

Perci makes a cameo appearance in this one:

aa671dcc3c41d85be622f5d24ec12675.jpg

4dd35520d2812b65c0ced1e97a2d74d0.jpg

I Think You meant Henry, considering the length.  :Pb359bcd6-659a-4db8-947d-b31a3c7a166f.jpg

Anywho,  it's kind of a shame that what I've seen so  far of this game has still failed to overturn my policy of not purchasing any Assassin's Creed games after Black Flag. 

It's creepily fitting how symbolic the action of eliminating the original "Victory" title is becoming for this game.  Hopefully a positive turnabout of sorts can take place before it's too late.