Awoo.

WB considering Jetsons WWE film?

Hero of Legend

Looks like The Jetsons might come out of retirement also!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/567447-wwe-diva-getting-a-big-push

According to PWInsider.com, the Warner Bros. animation studios are working on producing more animated shorts featuring WWE characters going up against Hanna-Barbera characters. Warner Bros. hopes to air the shorts on the Cartoon Network, and they are also working on a movie idea involving WWE and The Jetsons, similar to what WWE did with The Flintstones.

Why the fuck is Warner Bros obsessed with crossing over their cartoons with WWE? There's only so many times where you can just make the movie about the WWE characters fighting while the locations and characters are swapped out. I want these characters to have their own movie, not be pulled out of retirement in order to make a quick cash in with WWE. 

• Thumbs Up 4

THANK GOD THAT HANNA BARBERA AND WWE CROSSOVERS HAVE GONE SO WELL IN THE PAST 

Mh9Zvzd.png

alA0JId.png

We get it Hanna-Barbera. You want to show us how hip your old characters are to a newer audience. I don't think that this is the right away to go about it honestly.

I kind of wish they would had done a Jetsons' movie similar to the plot focused around them in Harvey Birdman at least. Yeah time travel bullshit but still it would be interesting to see the Jetsons try to adapt to the past.

• Thumbs Up 5

JOHN CENA OVERCAME THE ODDS IN BEDROCK, TAUGHT HUSTLE, LOYALTY AND RESPECT TO MYSTERY INC, NOW WILL HE DECLARE 'THE CHAMP IS HERE' IN THE WORLD OF THE JETSONS?!

...yeah anyway

I cringe at all of these endeavors. Nothing but quick cash-in attempts to put in WWE's wallets. Trying to be all 'hip n'relevant'...with WWE? Like WWE is the forefront of something like this. Like Crow said there's much better ways to do this rather than this lukewarm 'crossover'.

• Thumbs Up 1

A little off topic but does anyone want to bet their going to change the year the Jetsons take place since the 2000s isn't futuristic like the original creators thought it would be.

A little off topic but does anyone want to bet their going to change the year the Jetsons take place since the 2000s isn't futuristic like the original creators thought it would be.

funny-Birdman-lawyer-Jetsons_zpsbjh3puf7

Yes I searched through the net for a gif so I had to settle with the next best thing

Its kind of funny how the people from the 80s and way back when imagined the future but it ended up being a bit less than they expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, "The Flintstones/WWE" is surprisingly good. Yes, the WWE gimmick is out-of-the-ordinary but you have to look at the bigger picture, this is basically a test to show a new generation these characters and test the waters for the other Hanna-Barbera characters in the future instead of pulling Scooby out of their asses every year. Hell, the Mr. Peabody film that DreamWorks released was more of a risk than anything else since nobody in this day and age knows those characters outside the baby boomer demographic. The new Flintstones film is enjoyable, it tries it's damnedest to capture the spirit of the original show and yet it somehow succeeds and a majority of the staff worked on this were also involved in "The Flintstones On the Rocks", a film that tried to recapture the show's adult-oriented years.

I can't say the same for Scooby because I hate the show, I mentally equate it with the downfall of the Hanna-Barbera studio as the final nail in the coffin.

It won't be long now 'til they finally crossover that short-lived The Beatles cartoon with WWE.  The Beatles as you truly imagined them!

Really, these films are literally the most baffling market decision I have ever heard.  There are many better ways to test the waters for developing characters in a new generation.  In fact, I'm hard-pressed to think of an idea that is worse than a completely random crossover with something as completely unrelated as a pro-wrestling league (which is a weird choice of sport to be so insistent on using; I mean, has there been a sudden surge of wrestling enthusiasm over the years?  Especially with the kids?) and then proceed to pretty much never advertise the special and release it rather quietly direct to DVD.  Like, I'm literally thinking that anything you do would probably be a more proactive and interesting method than that.

Don't get me wrong.  I'd love to see The Flintstones and The Jetsons and many other Hannah Barbera cartoons get a revival of sorts.  This is just such a bizarre, off-the-wall manner of doing so.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice that the Jetsons are coming back....

.....But not like this.

Having finally seen the Flintstones/WWE film for myself, I can now say with sound judgment that I am not looking forward to seeing the Jetsons be given a similar treatment.

Bad voice acting that bares little resemblance to the original, unnatural-looking animation, lack of detailed colors, not particularly great character designs, and just all unenjoyable plot.  I mean, I'll admit that there are at least four jokes in the movie that actually got a chuckle out of me.  But it doesn't make up for the rest, which are either extremely reminiscent of mid-2000's humor or a rehash of classic Flintstones jokes without any of the charm.  In the case of the latter, they reuse it constantly, as if we didn't get the first time that this is a Flinstones movie we're watching.  It's not good, and I don't picture the Jetsons version being any better.