Awoo.

Sega Sales figures Year End March 2015

Badnik Mechanic

To me, it's a wasted opportunity to not port a game to all platforms if you're third party.

I know there are some costs related to porting, but they're really not that high if indie developers do it all the time. The cost is well worth the opportunity to reach millions more buyers.

Never mind it's ridiculous to cut out other markets on the basis of one market performing better overall. I make a fuckton more money selling things on eBay than Amazon, but I still maintain an Amazon storefront because of the extra cashflow it generates. Similarly, even if a console accounts for 50% of Sonic's sales, that doesn't necessarily mean you should cut production for the others.

Plus if any console had that much dominance, I don't think there'd really be a console race anymore.

consolewar1.png

Indeed, let's look. If I'm gauging it right, the Wii for all its fanfare could still only command about 40% of the market. There'd be no logical reason to cut out the other two barring not wanting to spend as much on graphics.