Awoo.

Archie Comics Kickstarter- "Help make a new Riverdale"

Dejimon11

photo-original.png?v=1429020557&w=1024&h

The world took notice when we announced that we would—for the first time in 75 years—relaunch Archie with a new #1 issue. With your help, we can build off that huge anticipation and expand the new Riverdale to include three new series crafted by the biggest names in comics: JUGHEAD (from writer Chip Zdarsky and artist TBD), BETTY AND VERONICA (from writer/artist Adam Hughes) and LIFE WITH KEVIN (from writer/artist Dan Parent and inker J. Bone)—crafted by the biggest names in comics, from the company that has built a reputation as the most daring, progressive and fan-friendly place in the business. This is your chance to have a hand in building a new Riverdale—for everyone!

So yeah Archie is now entering the kickstarter craze. The stretch goal is $350,000 and within less than a couple of hours they've already made over $11,000. Im interested in this and when the money is right I'll back this up hopefully they'll be able to reach their goal

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2096518612/riverdale-reborn

• Thumbs Up 2

photo-original.png?v=1429020557&w=1024&h

So yeah Archie is now entering the kickstarter craze. The stretch goal is $350,000 and within less than a couple of hours they've already made over $11,000. Im interested in this and when the money is right I'll back this up hopefully they'll be able to reach their goal

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2096518612/riverdale-reborn

wow! i like that design for Betty! looks cute!

Archie looks so cool though ! *//o//*

i hope they stay with that style.. and  i hope they get the suport they need!

...Wait, why don't they have the money for this already? Seriously, weren't those titles they were publishing prior to the relaunch?

• Thumbs Up 1

...Wait, why don't they have the money for this already? Seriously, weren't those titles they were publishing prior to the relaunch?

They explained it in an interview 

We came to Kickstarter because we didn't want to wait a few years to expand on the world writer Mark Waid and Fiona Staples were building with "Archie" #1 -- we wanted it all faster, so our fans could really experience the scope and breadth of this New Riverdale. 

Let's be honest: We're not a corporate appendage, nor are we flush with corporate cash like Marvel or DC. We're a small operation and we have to be thoughtful and selective with everything we do. But that doesn't mean we have to be cautious and afraid. Quite the opposite. I think the only way to get noticed in this crowded marketplace is to take calculated risks, be daring, push the envelope and -- first and foremost -- tell good stories. The rest is just dressing if the story doesn't deliver. Once we knew "Archie" #1 would deliver in spades, we started brainstorming how we'd expand the line and give other talents the chance to tell stories with these characters. The lineup of talent and books blew us all away. Once the creators themselves said they were in, we were in an enviable problem: we had these books we wanted to fast-track, but we also had our own financial considerations to think about. As a company, we're always expanding and trying new things. We've just launched in Wal-Mart and Target. We're one of the first companies to embrace digital and same-day with print. We don't just sit around. But none of that is free. 

So it became a question of, do we want to play the long game and roll these out as we can, or do we want to go all in because we believe in these books? I don't think the answer we chose is a surprise. Who better to help us build this New Riverdale than our own fans? What better endorsement can these books get than direct support from the people that will read and love these books? We would be nothing without our fans and it just made sense to have them with us from day one as we build this together.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/archie-launches-kickstarter-to-go-all-in-with-three-new-series

Wow, I really like those new designs. They feel modernized without ditching the roots of the series itself.

Anyway, I doubt I'll back this and I'm a little bit surprised that they jumped on kickstarter when they're established enough in the comic book scene as is, but I digress. I really like those new designs, but other than that I'm...incredibly neutral? Is a way to put it, I guess?

I think everything about the why is mostly fluff.

The bottom line is they probably just want to be sure there's interest before doing anything.

Kickstarter is awesome even for an established company because the funding model essentially prevents any new product from bombing; if you don't get the funding, you won't suffer the consequences of producing a bad product that no one wants.

Kickstarter could very well revolutionize the economy if more established companies used it in this manner.

It sounds like it wasn't being funded very quickly anyway so it might likely have failed to meet the goal.

It sounds like it wasn't being funded very quickly anyway so it might likely have failed to meet the goal.