Awoo.

The Ratchet & Clank Topic - Rift Apart - RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2021

Ryannumber1gamer

On another note, rewatching the Veldin gameplay clip a second time, I actually did pick up on some things I missed the last time.

-The film is maintaining Ratchet's walk cycle from the games. In the film cutscene before the gameplay, and as Ratchet is running over to Clank's ship, you can see the walk cycle.

-Apparently Tachyon wasn't responsible for the missing Lombaxes? Qwark says that the Blarg had a hand in it, unless Drek and Tachyon were working together in the film's universe or something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

On another note, rewatching the Veldin gameplay clip a second time, I actually did pick up on some things I missed the last time.

-The film is maintaining Ratchet's walk cycle from the games. In the film cutscene before the gameplay, and as Ratchet is running over to Clank's ship, you can see the walk cycle.

-Apparently Tachyon wasn't responsible for the missing Lombaxes? Qwark says that the Blarg had a hand in it, unless Drek and Tachyon were working together in the film's universe or something. 

According to Insomniac, that line about the Blarg is actually from a really old build of the game and won't be in the final product, so disregard that.

On another note, not sure if this was posted yet, but I found a full gameplay video of Pokitau from a month ago.

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

On another note, not sure if this was posted yet, but I found a full gameplay video of Pokitau from a month ago.

If you want to see the entire platforming section on Pokitaru, check out this vid:

Edit: Thanks, I never could figure out how to do that!

3 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

If you want to see the entire platforming section on Pokitaru, check out this vid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yLDMFFaEV-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To enbed a YouTube video, all you have to do is copy the link into the text box.

Also, the gameplay video shows off more of Clank's sections. It's going to be a mix of Crack in Time, and the original trilogy. It appears instead of having a quick select of options, Clank will need to pick up robots, and throw them to where they are needed.

Edit: Clank's sections are actually he does have the quick select menu, but he only has one bot from what I see. He picks up one of the robots, and then can actually select which kind of robot he wants from the quick select menu.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

To enbed a YouTube video, all you have to do is copy the link into the text box.

Also, the gameplay video shows off more of Clank's sections. It's going to be a mix of Crack in Time, and the original trilogy. It appears instead of having a quick select of options, Clank will need to pick up robots, and throw them to where they are needed.

Edit: Clank's sections are actually he does have the quick select menu, but he only has one bot from what I see. He picks up one of the robots, and then can actually select which kind of robot he wants from the quick select menu.

Yeah, I think that's pretty cool, hopefully it leads to some cool puzzles. I also really appreciate the addition of a double jump.

By the way, at the end of the Clank section, Clank traps Drek's assistant in a glass cage before letting the Galactic Rangers in. In the "Hip Hop" TV spot for the movie, the assistant is beatboxing in a glass cage, albeit a different looking one, in a similar-looking location from what I can tell. An instance of the game and movie crossing over, perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh right, I forgot the biggest part revealed in the article.

All the planets from the original game are appearing, as well as three new exclusive planets. The old levels are also all going to be multiple times bigger in the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh right, I forgot the biggest part revealed in the article.

All the planets from the original game are appearing, as well as three new exclusive planets. The old levels are also all going to be multiple times bigger in the game.

Eh, surely not all of them. Some planets like Umbris and Hoven, both of which seem to have been merged with other locations, don't seem like they'd be too important anymore. The three new planets thing is really interesting though. I wonder if one of them will be...

Spoiler

the planet Ratchet apparently exiles himself to at the end of the second act,

...according to the leaked synopsis. I'm assuming they're not counting Drek Industries or the Deplanetizer, since they're not technically planets.

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

Eh, surely not all of them. Some planets like Umbris and Hoven, both of which seem to have been merged with other locations, don't seem like they'd be too important anymore. The three new planets thing is really interesting though. I wonder if one of them will be...

Hide contents

the planet Ratchet apparently exiles himself to at the end of the second act,

...according to the leaked synopsis. I'm assuming they're not counting Drek Industries or the Deplanetizer, since they're not technically planets.

Well, that's what the article said. Unless it means "They'll all appear, but some will be merged with others". 

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, that's what the article said. Unless it means "They'll all appear, but some will be merged with others". 

That seems a bit more likely to me. By the way, which planet are you most excited to see reimagined? I'd have to go with either Rilgar or Kalebo III, as those were my personal favorites from the original. Rilgar had that awesome water-ising section and the Amoeboid invasion, Kalebo III had the robots using Gadgetron weapons against you (something I always thought was pretty cool), and both of them had Hoverboard races!

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

That seems a bit more likely to me. By the way, which planet are you most excited to see reimagined? I'd have to go with either Rilgar or Kalebo III, as those were my personal favorites from the original. Rilgar had that awesome water-ising section and the Amoeboid invasion, Kalebo III had the robots using Gadgetron weapons against you (something I always thought was pretty cool), and both of them had Hoverboard races!

I'll probably go with Blackwater City myself, because I'm rather excited to see a massive nighttime city re imagined on PS4, as well as seeing their new motivation for going there if it's not to find Qwark. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So, after three hours of grinding weapons non stop on the last world of Up Your Arsenal, I finally got the platinum trophy for Ratchet 3, bring up my total of Ratchet platinums to six. I'm aiming to get all the platinums in all Ratchet games before the PS4 one comes out, marking it off with the PS4 platinum. The only games I need to do now is Deadlocked HD, and All 4 One. All 4 One is going to be the most annoying one though, due to it being boring on single player.

I am still not feeling the designs for these female characters. They just look so super generic. Honestly if they were gonna go to the effort of including the Galactic Rangers, they should have made Sasha their leader (Until Qwark steals the role for himself, demoting her) and have the Phoenix as their base of operations.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I am still not feeling the designs for these female characters. They just look so super generic. Honestly if they were gonna go to the effort of including the Galactic Rangers, they should have made Sasha their leader (Until Qwark steals the role for himself, demoting her) and have the Phoenix as their base of operations.

latest?cb=20140317021843

I fail to see how Sasha's design is any less "generic" than Elaris'. Personally, I like both Elaris and Cora's designs.

6 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

latest?cb=20140317021843

I fail to see how Sasha's design is any less "generic" than Elaris'. Personally, I like both Elaris and Cora's designs.

Because for both designs, it looked like they just took generic female models, added a few alien symbols to their head, or add weirder ears and called it a day. Meanwhile, Sasha's design is more like Ratchet's and a good bit of other Ratchet characters where she looks like a humanoid wolf, much like how Ratchet's design is that of a humanoid cat. More effort was put into actually making her seem like a cross between a wolf, and a female, so therefore she looks more like an alien. 

Another small gripe as well, but I don't like how the advertising is going in terms of saying the actors names. Aronld James Taylor, David Kayne, and Jim Ward are the lead heroes (Ratchet, Clank, and Qwark), so shouldn't they be the ones getting top billing in the trailers and advertising? Yet, it's always the actors playing the supporting roles getting their names shown first in trailers and such. I get that Bella Thorne and such are big names in film, but when you have VAs who clearly have much bigger roles than supporting, I think it's only fair they get their names first on trailers. Honestly, the only actor who should realistically have as much billing as Ratchet, Clank, and Qwark is Paul Giamatti and that's simply because he's the one playing Drek.

and I don't think the supporting actors' names should be removed from the trailers either, I just think those with a much bigger role in the movie should be getting top billing, especially when it's voice actors, who generally never seem to get as much praise and recondition as normal actors, despite doing as good a job, if not better than they usually do.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Because for both designs, it looked like they just took generic female models, added a few alien symbols to their head, or add weirder ears and called it a day. Meanwhile, Sasha's design is more like Ratchet's and a good bit of other Ratchet characters where she looks like a humanoid wolf, much like how Ratchet's design is that of a humanoid cat. More effort was put into actually making her seem like a cross between a wolf, and a female, so therefore she looks more like an alien. 

Another small gripe as well, but I don't like how the advertising is going in terms of saying the actors names. Aronld James Taylor, David Kayne, and Jim Ward are the lead heroes (Ratchet, Clank, and Qwark), so shouldn't they be the ones getting top billing in the trailers and advertising? Yet, it's always the actors playing the supporting roles getting their names shown first in trailers and such. I get that Bella Thorne and such are big names in film, but when you have VAs who clearly have much bigger roles than supporting, I think it's only fair they get their names first on trailers. Honestly, the only actor who should realistically have as much billing as Ratchet, Clank, and Qwark is Paul Giamatti and that's simply because he's the one playing Drek.

and I don't think the supporting actors' names should be removed from the trailers either, I just think those with a much bigger role in the movie should be getting top billing, especially when it's voice actors, who generally never seem to get as much praise and recondition as normal actors, despite doing as good a job, if not better than they usually do.

And to me Sasha just looks like a generic furry, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Anyway, I totally get the frustrations regarding Taylor, Kaye and Ward not getting top billing, but, let's face it, this is an animated movie based on a video game franchise that's not even as big as the likes of Mario, Uncharted or even Sonic, coming from a studio that's not Disney, Pixar or Dreamworks, and whose last movie was this masterpiece. They need to push the star power they have as much as they can. At least Taylor and Kaye are on the newest poster.

I used to play Ratchet and Clank a lot, the hybrid between platformer and shoot-em up works quite well I think. That said I don't think I've ever actually finished a Ratchet and Clank game :B My PS3 has kinda been collecting dust for a long time now  which doesn't help (I kinda converted to PC gamer).

That said, I kind of noticed with Ratchet and Clank Future the tone has shifted and I'm not 100% what's going on with it, are the "future" games a direct continuation of the games prior?

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the film.

Just now, Green Eyes said:

I used to play Ratchet and Clank a lot, the hybrid between platformer and shoot-em up works quite well I think. That said I don't think I've ever actually finished a Ratchet and Clank game :B My PS3 had been collecting dust for a long time now (I kinda converted to PC gamer).

That said, I kind of noticed with Ratchet and Clank Future the tone has shifted and I'm not 100% what's going on with it, are the "future" games a direct continuation of the games prior?

Yes, Future is a continuation of the series. While characters from the Future series don't appear directly, they are referenced, and important story elements based on certain characters in the original games are revealed in later games, like A Crack in Time.

On top of that, the comic series, set between A Crack in Time, and All 4 One brings back Sasha, the Galactic Rangers, and a few other original trilogy characters.

I am really looking forward to the film and the remake of the original game.

From the trailers, the movie seems to capture the humour of the games perfectly in my opinion. Also, the animation looks incredible! It looks on par, if not better than, most Pixar movies which is extremely impressive. The film really does look like it could be the perfect video game movie and I really hope that it is.

The game looks very good too. I cannot wait to finally play a PS4 Ratchet game and from what we've seen, it looks really good so I'll most definitely be picking it up when it releases.

The one thing that does bug me is that Drekk is being voiced by a different person in the film. I would have much preferred the original voice actor as his voice worked far better for Drekk. Apart from that, I think 2016 is going to be a great year for Ratchet and Clank!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man I really hope they release an art book. 

I'm hoping we get a new trailer soon. We're one month off from the official release.

I just saw Zootopia over the weekend and I was astonished that I didn't see the trailer for the movie which is coming out next month. Not even a poster at my local AMC. 

Man, I really hope they don't deliberately dumped this to die. Has anyone seen any publicity for the movie yet?