Awoo.

The Ratchet & Clank Topic - Rift Apart - RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2021

Ryannumber1gamer

4 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

I just saw Zootopia over the weekend and I was astonished that I didn't see the trailer for the movie which is coming out next month. Not even a poster at my local AMC. 

Man, I really hope they don't deliberately dumped this to die. Has anyone seen any publicity for the movie yet? 

People have reported seeing trailers, posters and standees at their local theaters by this point. I think the big promotion for the movie is pretty much about to start.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

People have reported seeing trailers, posters and standees at their local theaters by this point. I think the big promotion for the movie is pretty much about to start.

Good to hear. Have no idea why my local theater doesn't have any. Well, they didn't have anything for the Angry Birds film neither which is coming out a week later. 

I just want to see this film succeed. It has the potential to do so. 

I went to see The Boy and the Beast this past Friday and saw Zootopia the following day. Both theaters had promotional posters for the Ratchet & Clank movie. I even took a picture by one of them.

2 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Good to hear. Have no idea why my local theater doesn't have any. Well, they didn't have anything for the Angry Birds film neither which is coming out a week later. 

I just want to see this film succeed. It has the potential to do so. 

Actually, Angry Birds comes out three weeks after Ratchet and Clank, thankfully. 

1 hour ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Even more new images, courtesy of http://www.blitz-cinestar.hr/kids/ratchet-i-clank-sink/3607/1/1:

Reveal hidden contents

Ratchet%20(2).jpg&width=800

Reveal hidden contents

Ratchet%20(12).jpg&width=800

Reveal hidden contents

Ratchet%20(6).jpg&width=800

Reveal hidden contents

Ratchet%20(9).jpg&width=800

Reveal hidden contents

Ratchet%20(7).jpg&width=800

Reveal hidden contents

Ratchet%20(4).jpg&width=800

That's right,...

Reveal hidden contents

the Plumber's back!

Pretty cool that the plumber is back. Sort of liked him. Images are unfortunately compressed, though :/

I remember when people thought that he was Talwyn's dad when there was no real evidence behind it. Hah.

Spoiler

I was one of them.

Today is a big day for Ratchet and Clank! We've got...

Someone's early thoughts on the PS4 game: What's Old Is New Again: Our Early Thoughts On The Reboot

This IGN article (which contains a full movie clip, specifically, the scene where Qwark denies Ratchet the opportunity to become a Galactic Ranger at the beginning of the film): http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/10/ratchet-clank-ps4-hands-on-living-the-pixar-dream

And these two YouTube videos containing new game and movie footage:

...one of which shows off planet Novalis:

Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Today is a big day for Ratchet and Clank! We've got...

Someone's early thoughts on the PS4 game: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ratchet__clank/b/playstation4/archive/2016/03/10/whats-old-is-new-again-our-early-thoughts-on-the-ratchet-and-clank-reboot.aspx?utm_content=bufferfe34a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

This IGN article (which contains a full movie clip, specifically, the scene where Qwark denies Ratchet the opportunity to become a Galactic Ranger at the beginning of the film): http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/10/ratchet-clank-ps4-hands-on-living-the-pixar-dream

And these two YouTube videos containing new game and movie footage:

...one of which shows off planet Novalis:

Enjoy!

Looks like Skid, Helga, and Robo-Qwark are all confirmed :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Looks like Skid, Helga, and Robo-Qwark are all confirmed :D 

I'm especially happy about Skidd! He was always my favorite PS2 exclusive character. He looks and sounds great here!

Alright, here's random details picked up from the IGN video.

-Veldin is confirmed as the gladiator planet. It seems to be under the guise of a Galactic Rangers training course, my guess being that even if you are kicked out of the Galactic Rangers, you can still participate in the training courses to try get yourself into the rangers.

-Multi-Mission levels from the first three games are confirmed to be back. Example: In Metropolis, you can either do the fitness course with Helga, or go stop Drek's plans to bomb the Hall of Heroes. 

-It's likely Al will show up in Metropolis, seeing as he's one of the best well known characters, and Skid/Helga are basically confirmed.

-Blackwater City, and the Hydrodisplacer are confirmed, as well as the sewer section/landsharks being confirmed.

-The game seems to be following the plot of the first game regardless of beginning thoughts. It seems Ratchet/Clank will follow Qwark up to Blackwater at least. 

-Skid's Agent is confirmed for the game, therefore confirming Skid.

-Helga's fitness course, and the fitness robot are confirmed for the game

-The cutscene where Ratchet becomes a ranger, and gets his ship in Metropolis seems to occur later in the game than the first visit. Ratchet is in his normal outfit during the fitness course. Guesses are either planets are out of order than the original game, or you return to planets for certain missions.

-Not much is shown, but we see a brief section of Novalis' bridge section

-It seems there is going to be a different reason for going to Blackwater, as Ratchet is already in his Galactic Ranger gear by the time he gets there

-You are going to be able to go to planets out of order again, as the landshark section shows Ratchet in his normal gear

-Clank will either have all upgrades from the beginning of the game, or Al will give him all three pack upgrades in Metropolis. Clank already has the hydro-pack by the time they are in Blackwater

-Clank will have chase sequences

Other details from the movie clip

-Prog, and therefore Vendra is confirmed for the movie universe's canon, as well as having their Nexus designs.

-Future characters are confirmed (Vendra/Prog)

-There seems to be several game references in the dialogue

-Ratchet having black market items (RYNO)

-Willful Disruption of the Space/Time Continuum (Crack in Time)

-Qwark's jealousy of Ratchet is shown (He says Ratchet's a loose cannon, and angrily states that's his job)

There's also one more clip they didn't show in the article. What is it?

The game's opening.

Details from that?

-The game starts with a prisoner being transported by robots, and Qwark

-The prisoner is the one who needs to listen to Qwark

-It's confirmed right away that Qwark is in prison, even if he is in a luxurious cell, therefore meaning he tried to backstab Ratchet in the game.

-Qwark's entire narration is him trying to make Ratchet seem like the villain. 

-Some of the cutscenes will be in-engine.

So, there's some kind of card collection thing in the game?

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Maybe its like the trophy collecting gimmick from UYA? 

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yep. It seems completing a collection of cards unlocks rewards, like weapon upgrades for challenge mode.

Interestingly enough the hoverboard race girl actually got a character redesign. She's now sounds around Ratchet's age of 17-19 I believe, and named Starlene. It's much improved over the original design from the first game.

I'm pretty excited for the movie but God, the narrator for the trailer made it seem really mediocre. Like, with his jokes.

It also did the thing where they put two unrelated parts of the movie to try and make a joke out of them. It's never funny. :V

But ignoring that it looks like a good movie, so yeah, gonna watch it.

Game's looking really fun too. Definitely wanna give it a try, I liked the Future games, after all, and I'd like to know about Ratchet's origins.

Random details:

-Big Al is confirmed to return

-Dallas and Juanita from Deadlocked are going to have cameo speaking roles in the movie

-Up Your Arsenal's Multiplayer appears in the movie as a game that Elatrus is playing during Ratchet's training

-Helga appears to have been replaced. Her position as training instructor has been given to another ranger.

On a bad note, it appears the original bolt collection system from the original game (where you only got one bolt per bolt you picked up) is back.

Where's the movie clip of Qwark kicking Ratchet out of the Galatic Rangers auditions? 

11 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Where's the movie clip of Qwark kicking Ratchet out of the Galatic Rangers auditions? 

Huh, it was imbedded in this IGN article, but it seems it's been removed and replaced with a different video. I'm sorry.

2 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Huh, it was imbedded in this IGN article, but it seems it's been removed and replaced with a different video. I'm sorry.

Looks like they deleted it, maybe because they swapped videos by accident.

1 minute ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Looks like they deleted it, maybe because they swapped videos by accident.

First the opening cutscene of the game, now this. Dammit, IGN.