Awoo.

The Ratchet & Clank Topic - Rift Apart - RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2021

Ryannumber1gamer

Good news for those of you who missed this after A Crack in Time: there'll be an option for Rift Apart to run at 60 FPS.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Been awhile, huh? Let me dust this topic off with some important newsRift Apart finally has a release date. You can expect the interdimensional adventure to drop on June 11th.

Check out this blog post for more info on pre-orders, which are now available.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mayday2592 said:

Yonder when we're going to some info beyond the stuff we've seen 3 or 4 times now.

Well, now that the release date's out there, I think we can expect a trickle of more info and footage.

The blog post already confirms we’re getting something soon, including the name of the female Lombax. The word Rosy was empathised in the blog post, so it’s probably something similar to that (Rose?) 

Sweet. I've preordered my copy.

No idea if I'll have a PS5 by then but Rift Apart is easily my most hyped PS5 game. 

It's been floating around for the last day, but there's some kind of special called Life of Pie made by the animators of the movie, and it's supposedly a 23 minute pilot for a Ratchet & Clank series.

https://old.reddit.com/r/RatchetAndClank/comments/li71ij/what_is_ratchet_and_clank_life_of_pie/

if7grlnnt1h61.jpg?width=333&format=pjpg&

• Thumbs Up 1

The unfortunate thing is, it's on a Canada-only streaming service (it's called Crave, if anyone's curious), so anyone who doesn't live there can't watch it. Including me. And that sucks, because I really want to see it for myself. Right now, this is the closest thing we have to a Ratchet & Clank animated series, which makes me excited.

I've heard from those who've watched it that this is a decently entertaining short film, and if it really is good and they wind up expanding on it with a full series, I'll be onboard for sure. I can only hope Sony/Insomniac/Mainframe/whoever's the head cheese when it comes to this special sees the demand for a worldwide release and gives it to us.

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

The unfortunate thing is, it's on a Canada-only streaming service (it's called Crave, if you're curious), so anyone who doesn't live there can't watch it. Including me. And that sucks, because I really want to see it for myself. Right now, this is the closest thing we have to a Ratchet & Clank animated series, which makes me excited.

I've heard this is a decently entertaining short film, and if it really is good and they wind up expanding on it with a full series, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

From what it sounds like, there's a possibility it might come to HBO Max for those in the US, as HBO Max owns the current rights to shows like The Last of Us and Twisted Metal, while Crave typically gets HBO Max shows, so the dots just kind of connect together there.

For other countries, I'd take my guesses on Netflix. Netflix UK's picked up a few HBO Max exclusives, like Close Enough, so it's possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Insomniac's patching Ratchet 2016 to run at 60fps on PS5!

• 4 weeks later...

Our new Lombax, Rivet, will be played by veteran voice actress Jennifer Hale:

Thought it sounded a bit like her from the trailer, but wasn't super sure, so glad to have the confirmation.

New trailer looking straight-up gorgeous. Only recently got super big into these games after playing and really enjoying the remake (which led me to going for all the Platinums in the Collection and Future Trilogy), so this is definitely going to be one of my first PS5 purchases whenever I eventually grab the console.

Here's the Rift Apart gameplay footage from the State of Play presentation, if you missed it:

Game's looking real good so far. Glad to finally see more of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tons of previews:

An interesting tidbit is the confirmation we'll be seeing alternative universe versions of known characters as well, with some surprises. I'd guess characters like Talwyn, Qwark, and such. Hope we see some PS2-trilogy characters like Al and Helga too.

That said, I have a theory we might see Angela Cross and Max Apogee too. A Crack in Time mentions Angela Cross being last seen with Max Apogee before Max vanished prior to ToD, and the 2010 comic series gives confirmation by Artemis Zogg that Max Apogee's final act, prior to his disappearance was aiding a lombax being hunted by Emperor Tachyon by opening a portal into another dimension, meaning Max disappeared along with Angela into another universe.

Given the idea of this game being exploring different universes and such, it just makes the most sense to me to have these two appear, especially since Max's disappearance has been a plot point since Tools.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game has officially gone gold! (Plus we now know there's a trophy for getting a gold bolt).

• 4 weeks later...

A day before the reviews drop, Insomniac hosted a Ratchet takeover showcasing things! We got new footage, new characters, and our first look at the RYNO 8!

Skid and Snowball confirmed to have alt universe counterparts.

RYNO 8 design

The RYNO 8 is a literal rift device that breaks open dimensional rifts to not only different parts of the Ratchet world, causing random objects to be thrown at enemies, but also different PlayStation franchises! Get ready for a ton of cross-overs! So far, these are confirmed:

The other PlayStation studios that have these characters also got involved with the takeover, responding to their characters being taken.

• Nice Smile 1