Awoo.

Evoland II: A slight case of spacetime continum disorder (PC)

Kaze no Klonoa

Evoland is back! And oh my god it looks really good

The topic was previously made before the server wipe, and it's now back in good graces thanks to some insight on the upcoming sequel! For those who don't know, Evoland was originally a small 2D sprite-based game that was made at a Ludam Dare Competition, and won in the event's theme "Evolution". The game works by having you evolve as the game goes on. For example, there are chests that unlock gameplay mechanics and graphic upgrades, and there are a multitude of gameplay styles the game plays off of. The game was later released as a full PC game with 3D graphics, more gameplay styles, and a lot of gaming references.

Well, it's back, with even more references! Try to guess how many you can find in the trailer! The game's website now has a pre-order option, with the game's expected release to be in the Summer. Mac and Linux versions are expected to come out sometime after the game's release?

So, what do you guys think? I'm pumped up for the sequel, and hopefully they take the underutilized time mechanic to a whole new level.

I like how it's a lot more varied this time around, but I'm actually afraid that it could be just as mediocre as the first game. Said first game was a neat idea, but it was also a horrendously cut-down version of the games it was referencing, and in some cases, dived into their worst excesses, especially the random battles when it turned into a Final Fantasy clone. It honestly felt like the game had more respect for Zelda and was openly mocking post-FFVI Final Fantasy and Diablo in a meanspirited way.

That being said, I'll wait till release and see if this game holds up better. While the variation is good, I'm not convinced that they'll all have the polish required to actually play well, which the first game suffered from as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how it's a lot more varied this time around, but I'm actually afraid that it could be just as mediocre as the first game. Said first game was a neat idea, but it was also a horrendously cut-down version of the games it was referencing, and in some cases, dived into their worst excesses, especially the random battles when it turned into a Final Fantasy clone. It honestly felt like the game had more respect for Zelda and was openly mocking post-FFVI Final Fantasy and Diablo in a meanspirited way.

That being said, I'll wait till release and see if this game holds up better. While the variation is good, I'm not convinced that they'll all have the polish required to actually play well, which the first game suffered from as well.

In general, the first game's execution was quite sloppy. Hopefully Evoland II will be their chance to fully realize this concept, because it's such a really cool and fun concept.