Awoo.

I think Sonic and the Black Knight is a great display of Sonic's personality.

DC111

I agree about Sonic's personality as of late. He's just really likable now. That and Jason Griffith is getting really good at playing him.

Edited by Snatcher2047

I agree, as well. Sonic's been extra likable lately and the writers are really delving into his character. Also, I agree. Jason Griffith is did a good job showing off the energy and the attitude of the character. At least, that's what I think. =/

Edited by Ryusuke

"Cool, it'll be like Halloween every day!"

"Stay Sharp" (said to Caliburn)

It's like this the whole game.

facepalm.jpeg

Okay, so. Other than this being a case of you not being aware of the target audience...

"Stay sharp" is actually pretty damn clever, in my book.

I also agree that Jason Griffith is starting to get better with the voice of Sonic.

From all the lines of the game (not caring the words themselfs, but how Jason Griffith made them sound) the only one that I felt un-fitting was the one that sonic says after stopping knux from killing himself

I agree with everything here, but I have to say...

For some reason, watching Sonic eat made me want to throw up almost instantly. I have no idea why, but every time I see that scene, the gag reflex pokes me a little.

>.>0 I'm not sure if adding that in was a good idea or bad- I know a lot of people enjoy it though. It's not really a downer thing, it's just... That's how I ended up reacting to it. ._. I feel rather awkward for it too.

Edit: And I just remembered, he eats in the second episode of Sonic X, and that didn't bother me. Maybe it's just the 3d-ness, or maybe I just found the way they made the chilidog(s)+how Sonic was animated while eating it to be gross. -shrug-

Its because the chili dog was poorly rendered. The director of Ratatoullie addressed an issue like this. Something about CGI food never looking good because it lacks a special "something" So it looks gross instead of appetizing. Pixar worked hard to fix that and I think they did a good job. But the Chili dog looked sort of....strange. Think of it as the Uncanny Valley of Food.

To be honest that chili looked like poop XD

Ok I gotta say I hated that Halloween comment. I was like "What the hell Sonic that makes no sesne."

Edited by Dejablue

SEGA seems to be getting a lot better with the stories now... Sonic's personality is emphasized, and (off-topic) the plot twist was unexpected.

So yeah, Sonic's personality is really getting a chance to shine.

..Which plot twist?

That Merlina was evil or that Sonic was Arthur, 'cause I'd actually thought that he could be the real King Arthur long before the game came out. I wasn't expecting Merlina to go nutso though.

If some things feel off in the game... while Sonic may have actually said it in the original Japanese, sometimes I doubt it. 4kids (sort of?) still dubbed it, and there are things they didn't properly translate/use- FROM ENGLISH. But again, me being nitpicky. The voice acting was pretty good in general, I just didn't care for the overwhelming dose of Dan Green. I love his voice, really I do, but give us a break and have him only play Knuckles for a game or two. You could afford just one *extra* VA for the game, for freak's sakes.

..Which plot twist?

That Merlina was evil or that Sonic was Arthur, 'cause I'd actually thought that he could be the real King Arthur long before the game came out. I wasn't expecting Merlina to go nutso though.

If some things feel off in the game... while Sonic may have actually said it in the original Japanese, sometimes I doubt it. 4kids (sort of?) still dubbed it, and there are things they didn't properly translate/use- FROM ENGLISH. But again, me being nitpicky. The voice acting was pretty good in general, I just didn't care for the overwhelming dose of Dan Green. I love his voice, really I do, but give us a break and have him only play Knuckles for a game or two. You could afford just one *extra* VA for the game, for freak's sakes.

I love Dan Green. And what point would there be in switching him out for another VA and back and forth? What sense does this make. You either like him or you dont. If you don't like him then get rid of him for good. Don't bring him BACK XD

If some things feel off in the game... while Sonic may have actually said it in the original Japanese, sometimes I doubt it. 4kids (sort of?) still dubbed it, and there are things they didn't properly translate/use- FROM ENGLISH.

Nonono, the 4Kids actors simply supplied the voices. If 4Kids was actually responsible for the dubbing, it would have resulted in a horrific mess of a script and plot. Anything from Sonic is better than 4Kids' dubs. Except maybe Sonic 06's plot.

Nonono, the 4Kids actors simply supplied the voices. If 4Kids was actually responsible for the dubbing, it would have resulted in a horrific mess of a script and plot. Anything from Sonic is better than 4Kids' dubs. Except maybe Sonic 06's plot.

4kids supplied the voices you can see the name 4kids in the credits. But yeah I doubt they had anything to do with translation. Otherwise how did DAMN get into Shadow the Hedgehog?

4kids supplied the voices you can see the name 4kids in the credits. But yeah I doubt they had anything to do with translation. Otherwise how did DAMN get into Shadow the Hedgehog?

Webtone Inc. also supplied voices....but only for the newer characters for Black Knight.

Edited by Ryusuke

I was also wondering if the reason that Sonic had two Chili Dogs is that he got one for Amy for their date? I'm not shipping or anything, just saying.

Edited by SuperStingray

I was also wondering if the reason that Sonic had two Chili Dogs is that he got one for Amy for their date? I'm not shipping or anything, just saying.

Hm, never thought of that. They were supposed to go on a date, weren't they (according to Amy, anyway)? But... on second thought... I don't think so. I mean, judging by the way Sonic reacted to losing that second chili dog, I think he had planned on eating it. ;)

Hm, never thought of that. They were supposed to go on a date, weren't they (according to Amy, anyway)? But... on second thought... I don't think so. I mean, judging by the way Sonic reacted to losing that second chili dog, I think he had planned on eating it. ;)

I don't see why he just didn't then. Besides, I said he was only PLANNING on giving it to Amy. When he got it, I'm sure he didn't expect to get sucked into a storybook [again].

I do agree, Sonic's personality was spot on. He was an absoloute delight to watch in the cut-scenes. The Sonic games keep getting better and better in terms of making me chuckle.

My personal favourite line was in the last boss, can't remember exactly, but something along the lines of:

"I can't believe excalibur was being weilded by you all along..."

"Yeah, it was kind of a surprise for me too!"

Except Sonic's line was phrased in a much funnier sounding way I'm sure. It made me smile considering how upbeat Sonic was being during an epic last boss fight, lol.

I don't see why he just didn't then. Besides, I said he was only PLANNING on giving it to Amy. When he got it, I'm sure he didn't expect to get sucked into a storybook [again].

I think in the manual it said Sonic was getting ready for a nerve-racking encounter with Amy before he got summoned or something like that. Been awhile since I saw the manual last.

True. I mean, getting sucked into a fictional world doesn't really happen on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

IMAGE IS A BIT OF A SPOILER!!

How I see the final scene...

:lol: I lol'd. And that line IS sort of cringeworthy, despite how spot-on Sonic was the rest of the game.

That's what we got.

IMAGE IS A BIT OF A SPOILER!!

How I see the final scene...

You see it with Amy's bits showing through her panties? D= Lmao, pic made me laugh though, nice one.

I agree, I think they did an awesome job on Sonic's personality in this one, especially with Sonic and Caliburn's bickering

I thought Sonic was pretty cocky but compassionate, focused and determined, like in Secret Rings. That was what I thought made him so good in Secret Rings. So yeah, I'd agree.

I agree wholeheartedly - this game is brimming with character and charm~!

Sonic had some 'attitude'; a bit cheeky, a bit egotistical, and a bit short-tempered at times, but not so much as to overshadow his good nature. Oftentimes I'd be thinking about how arrogant he is, and then he'd say something really cute and admirable that would leave me gushing. For some reason I particularly loved the line: "I play by my own rules. Remember that." I just found it so... cool when he said it, I was actually in awe. I found him infuriating and inspirational all at the same time, but it works really well... He's not a 'perfect' Mr. Justice superhero, he's not a completely arrogant jerk who only serves to boost his own inflated ego, he's just himself, fighting for what he believes in, and I really admire him for that.

His interactions with the other characters were a thrill to watch, especially Caliburn. Their bickering was so endearingly humorous, as was their clash of character.

Sonic aside, I also like how the 'Knights of the Round Table' were portrayed in this game... There are little details about them there that aren't even shown through dialogue - each has their own battle tactic and style, for example:

Shadolot

Mostly evident in the second fight with him.

is exceedingly relentless in battle; Knuckwain is headstrong and initiative, but is also fair; and Blazival will merely keep a distance from Sonic, and will only attack when approached.

It's amazing how much effort and detail were put into the characters in this game. I love it!

Keep it up, Sonic Team, you're awesome!

I have to agree with the general consensus of this topic. Unleashed and BK have really been a return to form for the Blue Hedgehog from a character standpoint.

Sonic’s quotes were for the most part dead on. Stuff that you expect him to say and stuff that you really didn’t. His character really evolved a lot in Black Knight as we got an in depth view of inner workings and philosophies. Stuff like

"Nah, Its just how I roll"

"It was never about chivalry for me. I just gotta do what I gotta do!"

Oozes cool and shows off the personality that’s been dormant for so long. Sonic really displayed himself as a confident, cocky individual who knew what he was fighting for. Despite the fact that he had literally been pulled into an all new unknown world. Other quotes also show a side of Sonic we haven’t seen yet…..

"I can’t always play the good guy"

Shows that Sonic is willing to do the dirty work for the greater good. Something I questioned for a time and something every hero needs to decide for himself. This is remarkably deep, especially for a character of his age and situation.

All and all One would think that a person such as Sonic, who spends all their free time running and looking for adventure, would be searching for a piece of themselves. Black Knight displays that Sonic knows exactly what he is and what he wants out of life. A hedgehog whom has it all together. That the wind could be more than a description of his lifestyle, but its utter definition.

It also didn’t hurt that I thought Sonic’s VA did an admirable job of portraying him. (Something I haven’t been able to say in a while) as well as a good storyline to allow this all to happen.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

ahh yes~ This game did a great job with his character, I found myself smiling through every cutscene :)

*just got the game two days ago*

They also did a wonderful job with the other characters, despite them being different people ,even the characters fighting style displayed a bit of their personality!

-I LOVED the Biolizard/SA2 reference during the Dragon fight, that was awsome

. (and also, as far as I've gotten in the game x0 )

(Did anyone else think Shadow's moves were absolutely KICK@$$? They should have made the freakin' Shadow the Hedgehog game in Lancelot style Shadow rather than guns omnomnom *kicked* )

If 4Kids was actually responsible for the dubbing, it would have resulted in a horrific mess of a script and plot. Anything from Sonic is better than 4Kids' dubs. Except maybe Sonic 06's plot.

I don't think so. :mellow: NOBODY expected that Merlina plot twist. How was that a horrific mess? And I think it's unfair to call a game a mess just because it has an unusual theme (medieval, knights and all that), or a theme that you don't happen to like.

SEGA did a good job with the characters, which shows they put some TLC into their games, and I think it turned out pretty damn well. (In my opinion.)