#AR

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

Has this got a proper single player arcade/story mode yet? As in more than 4 matches and done?

My dad loves SF and I want to buy him this, but he hates playing online and all I ever hear about is new characters and online features being updated. 

1 hour ago, Hyp3hat said:

Has this got a proper single player arcade/story mode yet? As in more than 4 matches and done?

My dad loves SF and I want to buy him this, but he hates playing online and all I ever hear about is new characters and online features being updated. 

Nah, but apparently it's coming in like 2-3 days with Ibuki and Balrog. So buy it for your dad early next week maybe.

I want juri to be added like yesterday already.  :<

Single-player SF5 is still fairly poor. Current and imminent single-player features:

• Comic-style story mode for each character, 1-4 easy 1-round games per character.
  • (start of July) Story mode with cinematic cutscenes, around 3 hours switching between characters, harder difficulty unlocked by beating the default.
  • System tutorial, and individual character tutorials with occasional genuinely useful insight into certain moves.
  • Trials mode (a la SF4), 10 combos per character. Gets right into the actual combos, but for the most part doesn't reach the difficulty of SSF4's hardest trials.
  • A long and frustrating Survival mode, which needs to be completed on each difficulty (besides Hell) with each character with each costume to unlock colours for them.
  • 18 characters, (start of July) 20 characters, four of which need to be bought for 100k Fight Money or 6$/€ each. Stages added after the initial release (currently only the Air Force base from SF2) also need to be bought. A mildly-completionist run through the current single-player features will earn about enough FM to buy three characters - you earn FM for completing something for the first time only.

Planned, but with no timetable, are "VS CPU" mode (likely an arcade mode), and "Extra Battle" which is expected to be along the lines of a boss rush.

Thanks, I'll hang on a bit then. It's been out for months Capcom, get yr shit together. IDK, the purely online aspect of the game industry is getting a bit depressing.

15 hours ago, bmn said:
  • (start of July) Story mode with cinematic cutscenes, around 3 hours switching between characters, harder difficulty unlocked by beating the default

See, I've heard way too many conflicting stories about this I've seen ranging from 3-6 hours so idk.

18 characters, (start of July) 20 characters, four of which need to be bought for 100k Fight Money or 6$/€ each. Stages added after the initial release (currently only the Air Force base from SF2) also need to be bought. A mildly-completionist run through the current single-player features will earn about enough FM to buy three characters - you earn FM for completing something for the first time only.

There's the Kanzuki Beach and various variations on current stages also coming on Friday.

Re: the above-

When the game came out I was so very disinterested in the story mode, as pretty much every fighting game story this side of GGX2 totally puts me to sleep, but they're slowing turning me around on this. It looks like just the right amount of goofy and cool that it might actually end up being really entertaining. I can only hope they have some cool/funny scenes in there, although It's poretty weird seeing Mika sneaking around a facility (?) in her full wrestling gear.

---

A clip of Urien's new super.

Disappointed it doesn't burn his clothes off like in did in his third stike intro ;)

I'm also so thirsty for the new Juri I might die

tumblr_o9lg3uBjRX1v2t3oqo2_500.gif

I loved the story. I just finished playing and capture in 1080 and 60 frames. Juri is amazing. Though her CA is not that good. Im not sure if its not finished but its noting flash at all unlike say cammy or chun li. Actually no new character has anything flashy. But the dolls were amazing. I will not spoil anything just yet.

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/street-fighter-v-season-3-character-pass-adds-sakura-blanka-falke-cody-g-sagat-sakura-launches-january-16

Skipping over season 2 due to necroposting, Season 3 DLC got announced with 4 returning veterans and 2 newcomers:
*Sakura
*Blanka
*Falke (most likely a Shadaloo general)
*Cody
*G (a magician or something)
*Sagat

Sakura will be avaible from Januray 16th.

Wow this topic died.

I made gold with 4.5k lp and I play Kolin now.

Sakura looks completely awesome. I absolutely love her new costume. I like how it keeps a similar silhouette but 100% makes her look older and finally gets rid of that GD school uniform.

the redesigns in SFV so far have all been really good imo.

Can we talk about how somebody finally sent Cody to scared straight? Man got a job and helps out at the youth center now and everything

All the season 3 stuff sounds great. Arcade edition sounds great. I'm so glad I stuck with this game. It's paid off a ton. I'll probably main Karin forever at this rate but Sakura can be a secondary. She looks dope.

All this game needs is more 3rd Strike chars for S4.

I just remembered I have an important announcement to make.

Today is 1 year, 2 months and 23 days since Capcom installed a rootkit on their PC SF5 players' computers.

That is all, thank you for your time.