Awoo.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

#AR

Gameplay system trailer (!!)

D-Toid- My First 3 Hours with Street Fighter V were Immensely Satisfying

Pretty straightforward/nice article on the game so far.

SRK- Versatility Has It's Benefits 

V Skill- A character specific defensive/and/or/offensive mechanism. Executed with MP + HP
  • Ryu: SF3 style Parry, doesn't work in the air
  • Chun Li: 45 Degree angle short jump. Seems not that good but is apparently super useful
  • Nash: Absorbs projectile and gains meter. Hello Spinal absorb shield.
  • Bison: Rose Style reflect. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

V Trigger- A powered stance activated when the guage is full. A bit like instinct in KI

from IGN

Throws have a wiff animation - This means two things: One, failed throw attempts leave you open to attack. Two, there is no more option select crouch tech, it just results in a failed throw and a bad situation!

Backdashes don't have any hit invulnerability - They do have throw invulnerability though. Still, this makes wakeup backdash pretty much a non-option. Gone are the days where you can backdash to safety for free.

Crush Counters - This is a new mechanic. Some moves, when they hit on counterhit, will cause a unique stun state that will allow for normally impossible follow-ups, kinda like Fatals in BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena.

There are no Ultra Combos - Critical Arts, which behave like supers from SF4 in every way, are the only flashy, high damage moves in the game. Ultras are completely gone, there is nothing remotely similar to them.

Normals deal chip damage - Normals deal temporary chip damage when blocked. If you take a hit before this temporary damage heals, it becomes permanent. This is not a game for turtles!

Stun Gauge is back - Stun has been in most Street Fighter games, but only Third Strike made stun progress visible. SF5 does too, encouraging offensive players to "ride their kill" when they see they're close to stunning.

Target combos are more prevalent - Like in Third Strike, Target Combos are more prevalent in Street Fighter 5. Links are still the primary combo method, but Target Combos seem good enough to be usable in some cases.

Higher overall damage - Not Tekken or Marvel vs. Capcom 3 high, but this is a more dangerous game than SF4. Eating a fierce Dragon Punch hurts enough that you won't want to jump too much, and loose hits add up fast.

Bigger discrepancies in walk speed - While Chun is about as spritely as you'd expect, Ryu is a step slower than usual, and Nash and Bison are plain mired in mud. This may lead to some characters dominating the footsie game.

No Focus mechanic - Focus is out. You'll have to deal with projectiles the old fashioned way, and strong, single-hit pokes can no longer be swept away with a universal mechanic. This places a premium on old-school Street Fighter fundamentals.

Hard knockdowns are rare - I didn't test this exhaustively, but a Capcom employee told me that only throws and Critical Arts cause hard knockdowns. Wakeup times are faster in general, so you'll have to adjust your okizemi game accordingly.

No focus :'D I'm so happy

FlamboyantGrimGelding.gif

UnsteadyDefiniteHorseshoebat.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

• Bison: Rose Style reflect. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Makes sense, considering that in Rose ending in SFIV, Bison drains powers from her (and nearly kills her; thankfully, Guy saves her).

Capcom representive confirms that any future Street Fighter V releases will be only console-exclusive to PS4.

"One comment we see a lot is that something like a Super Street Fighter 5 is going to come out on Xbox," said the representative. "But the reality is that this is a real partnership. We are console exclusive for this franchise for this numbered run."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-will-never-get-a-version-of-street-fighter-5-/1100-6427987/

ay yo, who likes gameplay?

because there's a lot of it

more here!

gotta say, I love what I'm seein' so far. Can't wait for some bombshells at EVO.

Is it just me, or does Chun-Li look a bit older than in the other games? She also looks more Asian too. I quite like it, the overall style and graphics appeal to me greatly. :D

-she still looks like she has hams instead of thighs, if you ask me-

The only one that looks more older is definetly Bison because white hairs and all. Wich makes me wonder what happened to Seth and S.I.N..

• Thumbs Up 1

It's possible Bison could have destroyed Seth like his SFIV showed, though SIN could very well still exist.

Max breaks down the trailer and some other tidbits revealed. Yea, it was kinda covered in what AR posted, but its nice to have things in Video form sometimes.

To give my thoughts, I definitely have a second opinion about the game than the initial reveal. Its definitely doing work to feel like classic Street Fighter while adding in new mechanics. What I like about the V-Trigger is that unlike Focus attacks, which were primarily used for offensive purposes, its more versatile and you have to think about when and how to use it.

I liked IV well enough, but it did kinda encourage some really bad play from people who could abuse its mechanics with no repercussions, so I'm glad they're moving away from that. 

I dunno. I know it rapresents training with your legs (reflecting Chun-Li's fighting style), but it always looked a bit awkward to me.

There's something odd about the animation in this game. Like I can't explain it, but it just seems so... Off, somehow.

It's like the uncanny valley of fighting game animations or something. Usually only NRS games have this effect on me, too.

Yet another reason to get a PS4.

Good thing I already plan on getting one. Just not this week. Or next week, for that matter.

No appreciation for powerful thighs? As the official chairperson of the thick thigh club I have one thing to say- for shame!

3GNxLBl.png

vLHR7AR.png

vvJGK3o.png

Chun-li disagrees

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so, beta information is out.

The first BETA kicks off on July 23rd (18:00 PT), July 24th (03:00 CEST/10:00 JST)) for 5 days and is exclusive to PS4 users. The primary purpose of this BETA is to test the online net code, as this is something that Capcom is taking very seriously with Street Fighter V. The data that we receive from this BETA will help us to improve the net code in the final product, so we thank you in advance for participating in the BETA.

Here are some other details about the BETA:

Characters
Throughout the course of the BETA, all 6 characters will be available. This means that players will be able try out all the characters that were present on the E3 build. To set expectations clearly, the BETA will roll out with four characters playable immediately, with Birdie and Cammy becoming playable on Saturday, July 25th. The reason for their delayed release is that in addition to testing out the net code, we’re also testing out our new content delivery system

Gameplay Flow
When players boot the game up and go past the start screen, they’ll be taken to the character select screen.

Players should choose the character they would like to fight others with, as they will not be able to select a different character before heading into battle.
Once they select their character, players will be placed into training mode while an opponent is found. Upon finding an opponent, players will be transported back to the versus screen and begin their match shortly thereafter.
After the match is complete, players will then be brought back to the Grid where they will go back into queue for the next match.
Unfortunately there will be no local versus mode during this BETA. Once again, the primary purpose of this BETA is to test the online functionality.

Stages
While players are awaiting their match, they’ll be training in the Grid. Versus matches will take place in either the Bustling Side Street (China), Terminal Station (London) or in the brand new stage the Forgotten Waterfall. Here’s a look at what the Forgotten Waterfall looks like.
689ee1edc5e53bfd16fb8d436e6f8a97.png
Look familiar? Maybe you’ve seen the top of it in a previous Street Fighter. Each of the stages has been inspired by various locales throughout the world with the Forgotten Waterfall’s inspiration being directly pulled from New Zealand.

PS3 Stick Functionality
At this moment in time we’re currently evaluating PS3 joystick and controller functionality for the final product. That said, PS3 joysticks and controllers will not work for this BETA. 

Beta Sign-Up
Now that you know what to expect, players should read up on how the new battle systems work to get ready for battle. For those interested in signing up for the BETA, please read the instructions below and follow those which pertain to your region.

North America:
Supported Countries:  United States, Canada
Users can get guaranteed Beta access by pre-ordering the product from the following retailers:
<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/07/07/...:document.capcom_wl.go("href="http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/07/07/...:document.capcom_wl.go(" http:="" www.gamestop.com="" ps4="" games="" street-fighter-v="" 122417')"="">GameStop /  Amazon Best Buy / PSN 
Beta redemption keys will be e-mailed from the retailer you pre-ordered at starting on 7/20 (Pacific time).  Once you get your Beta key, you can input it immediately into PSN to download the Street Fighter V Beta client. 
Users who pre-order digitally through PSN will not need to redeem a Beta key, but will need to manually download the Street Fighter V Beta client from the PSN store starting on 7/20 (Pacific time). 

LATAM:
Supported Countries: Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay
Users can get guaranteed Beta access by pre-ordering Street Fighter V on PSN.
Users who pre-order digitally through PSN will not need to redeem a Beta key, but will need to manually download the Street Fighter V Beta client from the PSN store starting on 7/20 (Pacific time). 

Europe & Rest of World:
Supported Countries:
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus , Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, German, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg , Malta,  Netherland, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania , Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, Ukraine
Users can sign-up via PSN for a chance at being selected to participate in the Beta program. 
You can sign-up at the following link:
Street Fighter V Beta Enroll
Sign-ups will close on 7/15. Users who are selected to participate in the Beta will receive an email on 7/24 with instructions on how to access their Beta redemption key. 

Asia:
Supported Countries: Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong
PlayStation Plus members can apply for Beta access by downloading the “Street Fighter V Closed Beta Test Ticket” at the PlayStation Store from 7/9-7/14 (Asia time zones).  Notifications will be sent out to selected users starting on 7/21.

Japan:
PlayStation Plus members can apply for Beta access by downloading the “Street Fighter V Closed Beta Test Ticket” at the PlayStation Store from 7/8-7/13 (Asia time zones).  Notifications will be sent out to selected users starting on 7/21.

I rather it be Sean, Oro or a new character (some people are thinking it's a girl named Laura who is supposed to appear in the UDON comic's), but it will likely be Blanka.....Bleh!

But I'm glad we have a non-jungle Brazil stage similar to Sean's 2nd Impact and 3rd Strike stages, as well as one in New Zealand, that's quite a rare location for fighting games in general.

Ken managed to step it up and become different from Ryu after years of being in Ryu's shadow of being a simple recolor.

SFV is really going to change things this time around.

It's about time Ken got changed up some, even in King of Fighters, they made Robert Garcia differ from Ryo,especially in 11 and Neogeo Battle Coliseum.

They are really taking some inspirations for SNK's fighters for this game.

I actually really like the new Ken. Ponytail is an upgrade from owen wilson hair for sure.