Awoo.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

#AR

If you look at things from a logical viewpoint Juri makes perfect sense, she was well received by a lot of people, especially by the more casual players and SFV is trying to appeal to casual fans more so I don't see a reason why not. There's also the story aspect that's important here, no one knows if she's actually dead or not after SFIV. We kind of need answers.

Toooooooooooooo be fair, if Juri was dead, it's not too much of a stretch for her to come back considering Nash was also dead.

So, more datamining. This datamining revealed voice clips of the CSS(?) along with what are possibly the events for the Capcom Pro Tour 2016.

ElXcU4B.png

We see the usuals like EVO, Mad Catz TGS and CEO. But we also have placeholders and the "Capcom Cup Online Event" possible being some online tournaments?

But I know that's not the shit you guys care for, soooooooo.

D3y8iey.png

Bearing in mind that:

• Vega in the West is known as Balrog in Japan
  • M. Bison in the West is known as Vega in Japan
  • and Balrog in the West is known as M. Bison

I take this as basically full confirmation that the DLC characters in 2016 are:

1. Alex
  2. Guile
  3. Ibuki
  4. Balrog
  5. Juri
  6. Urien

This also makes reference to the character known as Fan, who is presumably, the new character left to reveal for the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

>Alex

>Ibuki
>Urien
>Juri

this game is getting me tooooo hype.

Edited by #AR
spoilers
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

I think if he were in the game in any form right now, we'd probably know. The fact that he doesn't have an announcer clip when a bunch of post-release characters do says a lot to me, and there's actually reason to believe "Fan" is a boss character themselves.

Oh boy, more leaks.

Hidden Content

I don't think this is a leak. People are saying PS4 users can play it right now. Even in the SRK article you linked to. 

Edited by Solly

Oooooooooh, time to play when I get home. Since it's technically not a leak; Classic Ryu and Ken look weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird in this artstyle.

Edited by Kyoko Kirigiri

YOGA FIRE....YOGA FLAME...YOGA FIRE....YOGA FLAME...YOGA FIRE....YOGA FLAME

And Yes, this is a official Street Fighter karaoke by Joysound.

Uhm, considering the voice tone and what he says, the new Fan character sounds like M.Bison's butler or something. Certainly though he's male and connected to Shadaloo (and possibly old, considering the japanese voice).

Also, i wonder who's the mysterious character that uses poison that doesn't work on M.Bison.

Game got rated, it's T again, but I thought I'd mention it.

Content Descriptors: Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating Summary: This is a fighting game in which players engage in one-on-one combat with a large cast of human characters. Players mostly punch, kick, and use special attacks (e.g., fireballs, flying attacks, electrical strikes) to deplete opponents' life meters. Some characters use weapons such as claws and chains; some special moves are depicted in brief cutscenes with slow-motion, dramatic close-ups and opponent reaction shots. Combat is highlighted by cries of pain and frequent impact sounds. Several female characters are depicted in low-cut, form-fitting outfits that display large amounts of cleavage and/or buttocks. Female characters' breasts sometimes jiggle during character selection. The words “a*s” and “bastard” appear in the dialogue.
Edited by Kyoko Kirigiri

Jeez, people are also throwing a fit over the censoring in Street fighter 5 as well.

I don't know if a lot of gamers are just perverts or that they don't like that these companies caved in to the ESRB and those folks already complaining before.

Following on from this: Street Fighter V was indeed "censored".

It’s no secret that Street Fighter V features a fair amount of provocative imagery, from R. Mika’s revealing wrestling outfit to Laura Matsuda’s voluptuous figure. Now, I don’t want to spend too much time dwelling on the rights and wrongs of these designs, but it wouldn’t be going too far to say they’ve garnered a good deal of attention over the past few months.

With a consistent stream of footage being released to the public, fans have been able to compare and contrast various Street Fighter V builds ad nauseam, and a new discovery seems to indicate that Capcom recently toned down two cinematics that have contributed to the game’s risqué reputation.

First up, R. Mika. Like we mentioned above, her outfit complements her over-the-top personality, and her Critical Art originally drew even more attention to this with that infamous butt slap. But in new footage from IGN, we can see that the game camera no longer focuses on the wrestler’s backside, instead choosing to simply imply what’s happening off-screen. You may also notice that Mika and tag partner Nadeshiko no longer pull the opponent’s legs into a split.

PreciousFaintGilamonster.gifImpressionableAggravatingInexpectatumple

And that’s not all. Cammy’s intro appears to have been slightly altered as well, placing the lower end of her iconic leotard, and subsequently her crotch, off-screen by way of a new camera angle. This adjustment is a little less overt than the one above, but still noticeable when you see the two cinematics side by side.

UltimateBackJaguarundi.gifUniformActiveIberianemeraldlizard.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Well dang, can't buy the game now that they censored it smh

I'm pretty hyped for this one. I've only played IV something (whichever one was free on Xbox Games with Gold) but I liked it. Plus you can play as DAD/JESUS RYU which is amazing.

Good thing I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas. :D

I'm pretty hyped for this one. I've only played IV something (whichever one was free on Xbox Games with Gold) but I liked it. Plus you can play as DAD/JESUS RYU which is amazing.

The free one was Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Annnd the Ryu costume is only for pre-order at GameStop btw.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is actually pretty damn upsetting compared to the other "censorships" happening in games lately. While yes, her buttslap is still there audibly, it was something VERY flashy, which is part of Mika's personality. Second, the change to the move is really stupid as that's an actual wrestling move and it honestly makes Mika and Nadeshiko look LESS powerful. And last, Cammy's new camera angle is just AWFUL. It looks less cinematic, cool, and the new one makes it look boring and 2D.

• Thumbs Up 1

The free one was Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Annnd the Ryu costume is only for pre-order at GameStop btw.

Oh right, forgot it was pre-order only... Well, that's fine. I still really want the game.

Do other retailers get pre-order exclusive costumes?

Oh right, forgot it was pre-order only... Well, that's fine. I still really want the game.

I remember Chun-Li's being Amazon exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

GameStop gets Ryu:

sfv-ryu-preorder-1.jpgsfv-ryu-preorder-2.jpg

PSN/Steam gets Chun-Li:

sfv-chunli-preorder-1.jpgsfv-chunli-preorder-2.jpg

Best Buy gets Cammy (best one):

sfv-cammy-preorder-1.jpgsfv-cammy-preorder-2.jpg

and Amazon gets M.Bison:

sfv-mbison-preorder-1.jpgsfv-mbison-preorder-2.jpg

Edited by Kyoko Kirigiri
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, MCV had an interview with Brian Ayers, Capcom's Europe, the Middle East and Africa brand manager.

“The ambitions with Street Fighter V were to make the game approachable and accessible again, but also to make everything with the characters feel a lot more individual and bring out more chances for people to find the right competitor that suits them,” explains Brian Ayers, EMEA brand manager at Capcom.

To help promote the new game as an entry point for series newcomers, Street Fighter V will build on its predecessors’ popularity as titles played at a professional level.

“We really hope that Street Fighter V can bring in a newer, younger audience,” Ayers continues.

“Perhaps more of an eSports audience, as well. Street Fighter is actually one of the first eSports titles out there, but it’s relatively underground compared to the likes of Dota 2 and League of Legends.”

“We’re not free-to-play, in as much as you will still have to buy that core game, but Street Fighter V will essentially be the only disc you’ll ever need to buy,” explains Ayers.

“You won’t get Super Street Fighter V or Ultra Street Fighter V. It will just be that core release, which will hopefully make it more accessible so people aren’t questioning which version they have to buy.”

“We’ve announced that the vast majority of our post-release content you’ll be able to unlock for free,” says Ayers.

“I say for free – there is an investment, but it’s tiny. It’s a very varied range of content because we’ve mapped out for the first time a proper schedule of post-support.

“People who want to just pick it all up can do so, but then you can earn in-game currency – Fight Money – and grind out those characters instead.

“You might be younger and not have as much money, but might be time-rich, so to speak. It’ll be really interesting to see how that performs.

“Moving to a service-based platform means we can be a lot more reactive to balancing; we don’t have to wait for another disc version. We’ll be making sure we have a dedicated balancing timeframe.

“It also allows us to react to fan feedback – maybe if we don’t get something quite right or if fans want to see more of something else. Capcom has a pretty good reputation for listening to fans, and we can continue that and be a lot more reactive.”

“It means we can work an awful lot closer with Sony,” he explains.

“We are a bigger priority to them. Sony is great to work with, especially on beta support. We had our first beta recently with mixed results – it started slowly, we had to shut it down and roll it out again. A lot of that learning came from Sony. You wouldn’t necessarily get that if you were multi-platform.

“What it allows us to do is try something really new and exciting, which is the cross-play functionality. Because PC is essentially an open platform with its own audience and its own characteristics, it’s really exciting to be doing that. It’s a big act to follow up on, so we’ve got to back it up.

“The end result will be worth it; we’ll be able to learn things that previously maybe we didn’t, in terms of seeing if PC gamers have a certain style compared to PS4 players. You might even be able to look at a match and tell that it’s a PC player – even though they’re using the same controllers, as you wouldn’t want to play Street Fighter on a keyboard. You might see those little nuances come out.”

“The long time that Street Fighter has been around makes innovation tricky but, at the same time, it allows you to build some foundations and fundamentals,” observes Ayers.

“You have a long history of the game having a certain quality that always makes it feel like Street Fighter. You can tweak a lot of elements to it, and probably go quite far away from the core sometimes – Street Fighter III in particular was a very, very technical fighter, but it still had that Street Fighter element to it.

“It’s a certain je ne sais quoi quality. As long as that feel is there, you can take liberties in certain ways. As long as you’re always able to do a fireball, then I think we’ll be okay.”

With Street Fighter V set to rock the fighting game genre for players old new and old in February next year, Ayers is confident the right changes are being made to juggle its significant legacy with a modern approach to games releases.

“Previous Street Fighter games could feel a bit prohibitive, so it’s very much at the forefront of our minds to make Street Fighter V more approachable and accessible,” he reiterates. “Not just the game, but the business model, too.”

Brian Ayers, EMEA brand manager at Capcom for Street Fighter V, looks at how the fighting game genre has evolved since the first Street Fighter launched back in 1987 

“In terms of how it’s changed, there’s a lot more of it.

“Capcom with Street Fighter was quite lucky in as much as Street Fighter II, in particular, hit at just the right time, blew the competition away and really raised the bar – not only for its own franchise, but also setting a new standard.

“You don’t have that kind of luxury in the fighting game scene today because there is an awful lot out there and an awful lot of it is really good.

“What’s really exciting about the fighting game genre, and certainly the community, is there’s a real approachability in terms of the way people are with each other. There’s a quite friendly rivalry that you maybe don’t get with other genre competitors. That includes Tekken or Mortal Kombat fans giving Street Fighter a go, and then vice-versa. You get these fantastic situations where you see [Mortal Kombat character] Scorpion cosplayers demoing Street Fighter at EGX and stuff.

“That goes right up to the top, to Yoshinori Ono, our Street Fighter V studio head, being really good friends with Katsuhiro Harada, who looks after the Tekken series. That results in things happening that you could’ve never imagined before, such as Street Fighter X Tekken.”

"Capcom has a pretty good reputation for listening to fans.”

tumblr_inline_mheythXJEq1qz4rgp.jpg

In all seriousness it's nice to hear at least the DLC's going to be free now - SF DLC has been extortionate as far back as I can remember. Hopefully this also means they won't make a Super edition about a year later and screw everyone who bought it early over =V

• 4 weeks later...

Last character of the initial roster revealed. It's a chinese freak called F.A.N.G.:

Also, the first batch of DLC characters consists in:

*Alex

*Guile

*Balrog

*Ibuki

*Juri

*Urien

• Thumbs Up 1

New Street Fighter web-series announced:

Produced by the same people who did the Street Fighter Assassin' Fist online web series.