Awoo.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

#AR

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nothing seems to be working for SFV....getting tired of this "First day release, so it's understandable the online wouldn't work," craaaaaaaaaaaaap

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

remember, it doesn't even have an arcade mode... a Street fighter game without arcade mode :(

Games these days, games these days, games these days....

seriously tho, the release was kinda underwhelming hoping this server downtime isnt too long

On 12/7/2015 at 6:15 AM, Wraith said:

Special edition boxart in Japan. Lmao

Y2xa0FB.jpg

My otp.....#325....

Yeah I feel like people are spoiled from MKX and 9. Capcom did what they always do, release a barebones SF and add on things afterwards. The only difference is we don't have to buy a "super" version to get the new stuff. I watched a few videos and I can't say they are wrong, but are spoiled. I will say Capcom should've took note of the times and planned their release better, with MKX fresh on people's minds you can't just keep doing what you have been doing for 25 plus years. I hope this doesn't push them back too far, I'm enjoying the shit out of SFV. I would hate for it to get bombed.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Remynaka said:

Yeah I feel like people are spoiled from MKX and 9. Capcom did what they always do, release a barebones SF and add on things afterwards. The only difference is we don't have to buy a "super" version to get the new stuff. I watched a few videos and I can't say they are wrong, but are spoiled. I will say Capcom should've took note of the times and planned their release better, with MKX fresh on people's minds you can't just keep doing what you have been doing for 25 plus years. I hope this doesn't push them back too far, I'm enjoying the shit out of SFV. I would hate for it to get bombed.

Nah, this is definitely worse, I don't think base Street Fighter IV was as barebones as this.

Just now, Tiki said:

Nah, this is definitely worse, I don't think base Street Fighter IV was as barebones as this.

I mean I'm not saying they are the same, but compared to Super IV it was extremely barebones. But if you want a better example, there's MVC3, Street Fighter 3 New generation, SFA, and the first Xmen vs Street fighter. None were as bare bones as V but they are bare compared to the add ons that followed. Which was my main point. My bad for not being clear about that. T.T

1 minute ago, Hero said:

But we can still kind of blame them for their ignorance. There's articles about the lack of content prior to release, so they were completely upfront about half (The other being online) of what people are getting riled up about. Part of the reason this game was released as it is now is for the sake of the Capcom cup events and fan demand for an early release. I'm not saying what they did was perfect in accordance with people's expectations, hell no...but I am saying people don't really have the right to complain about the barebone-ness of the game right now since they were warned. 

I wouldn't worry about it being bombed. It's Street Fighter, and everything's for free this time. I don't think there's much to complain about aside from launch issues, which will hopefully blow over with time. 

Honestly, I also feel like there's a fair amount of content to sink hours into already. There's a survival mode, which the highest difficulty being dubbed "hell". It's basically a kumite so you're up against 100 characters. It'll take at least close to an hour to beat with one character and there's individual rewards for this to be done with every character. It's not like there's no story mode either. I'm fairly good at SF and it took me a few of hours to get through all 16 character's story sections. It's not much, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as people are making it out to be.

I think I agree. I'm not complaining about the bare boneness of V since I'm used to it. I think MKX just spoiled alot of people since Fighting games were not known for huge story modes like what MK has done. I'm not saying Capcom gets a complete pass, but thinking about it I'm not going to get mad at them. This is what they always do. To be honest I'm lost. I'm happy V is out, tho there is a tiny part of me that thinks people would be happier if they pushed it back. I dunno, I'm just going to blame MKX lol. 

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

lol, fair enough. I get what you're saying about X. Since casuals make up most of the playerbase, and they're probably used to what MK has done, it's understandable why they'd dislike it. People are spoiled but it doesn't make them right.

I feel like I'll slightly contradict when I say this but Capcom partly listened to fans when making this decision; most players do not know what they want. They'll ask for one thing, then potentially ignore it in spite of other concerns, since we're on a Sonic forum I feel like most of us should get this pretty well. This has happened with V, some people wanted an earlier release date and were warned about lacking content and still complained about it. Virtually all of the people complaining about barebone content clearly didn't do any research else they would have known what to expect - my point is that Capcom probably shouldn't have listened to the fans as much as they did. If they wanted to just release it for the people who want to train for the Capcom cup, they really should have just done an early access version. That would have justified everything actually, ahaha. I guess after so many betas they probably thought it was unnecessary.  

XD Oh I see where you stand. I just can't read today, we are in full agreement. I just find it funny that people forget this is normal for Capcom. And I didn't know it actually WAS released early, I DO remember capcom saying their plans for future content and whatnot. I didn't think it was cause of an early release. Honestly I thought this time was normal for them, seeing if I remember correctly Street Fighter X Tekken was released around this time, and a few years before that Super IV was around this time too. My bad for not doing my own research XD. But yeah totally agreed with you man. If you ever want a punching bag to train with hit me up. My IGN is Remynaka on the CFN.  I've been playing SF for years but I still suck pretty hard. 

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Glad we cleared that up then. I'll add you, my ID is M-Hero. 

OH SHIT... I found you XD. And you're on PC. Kool. PS4 user here. CROSSPLAY. 

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I've only taken a quick glance at those links but they're all chock-full of misinformed people. I think it'll tide over fine, even if it doesn't, it's not like the game's going to die or anything. All it'll take is some exposure to the facts that were stated before release, there was virtually no coverage on this sadly. The only article I've been able to find concerning this fact was this one: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/street-fighter-v-launch-modes-and-features-announced/

So, whatever. It'll be fun to see how it all plays out anyway. 

As much as i'd like that to be the case, even if you give people the info that was stated before release they'll still complain about it. This whole situation is reminding me a lot of what happened with splatoon back when it first came out, everybody was doing the same song and dance back then but now everyones changed there tone since the games been out and nintendo kept good on their promise to release more stuff and until capcom proves otherwise I think we can count on them to deliver on these things (and if i'm wrong on this then I will say no more on the subject).

Honestly, if people weren't so insistent on getting things quickly we probably wouldn't have scenario's like this to begin with, its something i've been noticing a lot with games nowadays where if you aren't releasing it within 3 months of the announcement or announce a delay people will go "well this games going to suck" or "just give us the game already" when the devs more than likely have a good reason for a longer development time so instead of trying to get them to rush it out as fast as possible, just let them do their thing and when the time comes the game will come to us (not like we never get plenty to tide us over in the meantime).

...Wow I am so sorry this just sort of turned into a mini rant for me and I don't really know why.

Seriously the game is fun. Sure its missing a single play straight story option but it is still fun with more content promised later like stated above splatoon. And never ever trust metacritic. if you read a lot of those reviews a lot of user ratings do not even own the game and just want to vote it down cause MC lets them create accounts without any background  info beforehand.

Sounds like this is a similar situation to when Marvel vs Capcom 3 released. Good game, just lacked in a ton of content. Now we just need them to announce a ultimate version one year later lol.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Sounds like this is a similar situation to when Marvel vs Capcom 3 released. Good game, just lacked in a ton of content. Now we just need them to announce a ultimate version one year later lol.

They said they won't.

3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

They said they won't.

Tis a joke. And not the main point ha. Though Capcom doing this lately is kinda annoying. MvC3, this, and wasn't Street Fighter X Tekken also kinda lacking?

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Tis a joke. And not the main point ha. Though Capcom doing this lately is kinda annoying. MvC3, this, and wasn't Street Fighter X Tekken also kinda lacking?

Oh yeah it is pretty bad. I know that all the stuff will be added later but wow from what I'm seeing SFV is so bare bones. I know splatoon had the same issue as well but at least the game had a meaty story mode and a few maps to play online and we got ranked battle within a day or 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't really say the game is as barebones as people are making it out to be when it has Survival Mode already. Does having Arcade mode too make that much of a difference? This game wasn't even expected to have a story mode, so I don't know what's up. People wanted it earlier, they got it earlier. Guess what? It was supposed to release in March, when that update that brings arcade, Alex, and more online modes but, people wanted it earlier than that. Just wait is all I have to say. Don't buy it until then, what's the big deal?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I recall Marvel vs Capcom 3 vanilla having arcade, training, and another mode I can't remember as well as online. Seems, from what I've heard, to be around the same level of content here.

Idk, telling people not complain about the lack of content cause the devs decided themselves to release it early cause fan demand, seems a bit silly. It's still a negative feature of the game despite it supposedly being cause fans wanted it earlier. That's the devs choice to release early.

It'd be like telling people not to complain about a game with tons of glitches and unfinished modes since they're the ones that wanted it early, so that somehow justifies the devs releasing the game early with those issues, so people should just take it as is and wait for the updates to fix whatever the issues are.