Awoo.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

#AR

I don't see how it equates to blaming people for complaining about a buggy games, that's an actual issue that affects all players. Street Fighter V in it's current state is mechanically sound and actually has more characters than vanilla IV. I wouldn't be saying this if it were any other genre, because the point of a fighting game is player versus player, so I don't see why people should whine now when they don't have to buy it now.  This isn't some thing that came as a surprise, Capcom gave fair warning that the game was going to be updated over time, and would release in a basic state. This is what all Street Fighter games start as, the difference is instead of having to go buy another disc for the completely finished version, you can just unlock it all over time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I haven't been keeping up with the development of SFV much, so if the game was already said in advance to have missing features at the start that's one thing compared to intending to release it with those features but feeling pressured by fans to release it early(though I gotta ask why not include certain features like additional modes from the start if you can instead of holding them or waiting till later? Why not try and make the game the best you can, and not cut pieces of it out and leave a shell? Unless those are free updates, seems kinda dumb to release those features as paid DL-. *remembers there's a season pass* oh. Gotta love the corporate side of gaming sometimes.)

All mode updates and balance patches are free updates. The only thing that's DLC is characters and costumes, and characters can be bought with Fight Coins instead of real money if you want to put the time in. In other words, that season pass is just Guile, Urien, Alex, Juri, Ibuki, and Urien. Story mode is free in the Summer, and arcade mode launches alongside Alex in March; arcade is a free add-on while Alex is buyable DLC with real money or Fight Coins. There's a lot of scummy DLC practices out there, but charging for characters isn't scummy especially when people who play the game seriously will likely never have to pay a cent, I got enough Fight Coins to buy Alex just by doing a few of the "character story" chapters. These chapters are 2-3 easy difficulty matches, so it's not like effort is actually required (you can also get fight coins from playing survival mode, participating in versus offline or on, and from Arcade mode when it launches).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Conando said:

Street Fighter V in it's current state is mechanically sound and actually has more characters than vanilla IV.

Actually Vanilla IV launched with 25 characters on console.

Charging for characters isn't scummy...as long as it isn't a on-disc/day 1 dlc kind of situation. Something like Smash Bros, where the characters are built AFTER the game and aren't just cut out of the product and sold to us would be the ideal situation.

As for the fight coins thing, I loosely quote Jim sterling: "no company puts these things in their game with the intention of you not buying them" yeah you can use fight coins if you want instead of buying the character, that doesn't change that the thing is still there and trying to get you to buy it after the fact that you paid full price for the game as is. Even if you have the will to resist, the company is still trying, which in my eyes is unacceptable. It's kinda a similar situation to microtransactions and the psychological warfare around them. (Which ties neatly since fight points are basically that from the sound of it.) 

Yeah I know "well that's just the world we live in" and all that, but sorry, not gonna give just accept how things are and let AAA companies pull that kind of stuff.

31 minutes ago, Tiki said:

Actually Vanilla IV launched with 25 characters on console.

And Vanilla Arcade launched with 16. It came out about 7 months later on console, so...it's still pretty much exactly what I said is going on. This is the base Street Fighter V. There is no arcade version of V.

Edit: But actually, that means V had the same amount of characters at launch as base IV (my bad), though with content that an arcade version obviously wouldn't have.

The more I play it the more this game is growing on me. I'm a fan of Street Fighter, but SF 4 became annoying for me after a while.

There are some things that are hurting my nerves right now:

- THE PAD: After the Sega Saturn developers forgot how to produce decent controllers, expecially Sony and Nintendo. the Dualshock 4 is not bad at all compered to the trash predecessors, I have to admit,  but I can't believe that in 2016 I have to spend 60 more euros to be able to play a fighting game properly. I heard the madcatz sf5 pad is horrible, do you have suggestions?

- The lack of content seems to be justified enough, and I sincerely hope that future DLC won't rely so much on actual money. I'm still kinda annoyed about this new "trend" in videogames

-  I pre - ordered the game from Gamestop because of that Ryu alternate outfit, but I gt M. Bison one instead.... I'm kinda pissed ...

I think the big problem is that SFV costs $60 dollars. That's a lot of money for a fighting game with little to no content if you ask me. I hope Capcom make frequent (FREE!) updates weeks after its release just like Nintendo did with Splatoon.

Hell, even Splatoon had more content than this did at launch. 8I

• Thumbs Up 2

60 dollars for what we got is not asking much. Heck i paid 140 for collectors and guide collectors editions. Im loving it. Its much faster than IV yet not as fast as 3. When I am not online I am training or playing one of the story modes for fun. Capcom went into this saying heavily they wanted the online mp to be a main focus. And it may just be cause im older and grew up in arcades but at this point if your playing a fighting game like this for single player than yes youll be sad. This is meant for those wanting to test their skills. Or can you just wait it out? Sure-you-can

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

60 dollars for what we got is not asking much. Heck i paid 140 for collectors and guide collectors editions. Im loving it. Its much faster than IV yet not as fast as 3. When I am not online I am training or playing one of the story modes for fun. Capcom went into this saying heavily they wanted the online mp to be a main focus. And it may just be cause im older and grew up in arcades but at this point if your playing a fighting game like this for single player than yes youll be sad. This is meant for those wanting to test their skills. Or can you just wait it out? Sure-you-can

Speak for yourself. Not everyone has money to spend like that. 60 dollars is a large investment for many, and they expect it to be worth the money put in their purchase, and for many, the game doesn't currently feel worthy of a 60 dollar price tag.

fighting games being multiplayer focused isn't anything new, and I think people knew given Capcom's recent fighters, that online would be a big focus. Doesn't mean you can't offer some meaty offline modes.

• Thumbs Up 3

If i was still living with my folks yes 60 is a lot but all games are 60 to begin with and capcom gave ample time to let everyone know what was going to be in it. Its like ordering a hamburger and the person saying theres meat in it and when you get the burger get upset theres meat in the burger. I know silly comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you serious? There are multiple situations why 60 dollars is a investment for people, not just that they "live with their parent". That's just close minded and ignorant to assume that's the only reason 60 dollars would be a lot for someone. College, rent, family, crappy paying job, etc. it's not as black and white as you seem to try and imply. 

And the 60 dollar price in general I personally think is ridiculous, it's not just this game. A shitty game can charge 60 dollars and get away a with it cause "hey that's the standard". Sequels that barely change from the original can charge for more of the same. Games can release broken and still charge 60 dollars. Online stores which should have cheaper values in comparison charge 60 and even more(hello Destiny). It's ridiculous, and a gamble. Trying to argue "well others do it" doesn't defer anything I said. It's a gamble for people to spend 60 dollars, especially when it comes to the AAA world, and people don't feel it meets what a 60 dollar game should contain.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 18/02/2016 at 3:09 PM, Gabz Girl said:

I think the big problem is that SFV costs $60 dollars. That's a lot of money for a fighting game with little to no content if you ask me. I hope Capcom make frequent (FREE!) updates weeks after its release just like Nintendo did with Splatoon.

Hell, even Splatoon had more content than this did at launch. 8I

They already confirmed that that's the case. Only thing you'll be forced to pay for is some costumes, the everything else is free content updates. (And characters, but those can be earned ingame.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I hear the same, it's really an issue of making sure I don't ruin my fingers playing. Though it's going to be pretty good if I get the hang of it considering it's a controller type that's the same on all platforms.

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Unless you're on PC, I don't think you have many options at all. You should be able to complain about the costume issue though, chances are they'll give you something if you are persistent enough about it. 

Well they literally did a vote, so that kind of speaks for itself. In hindsight maybe it was a bad idea listening to them, because they're complaining about it now too, but they tried this time. I feel like your analogy isn't that great because from a purely gameplay standpoint i.e. the way it plays - it's basically finished. There's no bugs iirc and I think none are game breaking if there are. It's barebones, not broken. If the game was choppy, garbage looking and had a system that clearly needed refinement then I think your analogy would be fine, but it isn't that type of game. The modes aren't half baked messes either - online was for some but that's kind of a separate thing. People aren't being ripped off so much as they are making a mistake for not reading the fine print. They mentioned what was going to be missing before people lost their chance to get a refund, the devs you're talking about don't say anything about the game being in a clearly bugged and unfinished state, they just release it early because people wanted that. 

If people really didn't like the fact that it was going to come out of the gates in this state, they could have voiced their concerns waaaay before it got released. Or, just vote with your wallet and not buy it till it's to their standards.

On topic I do agree that the price is an investment. Many do try to get deals on key sites that basically cut off ~ a third of the cost usually, but not everyone does that I guess. However, and I know I'm going circles here, if it's that important to you then chances are you're the type (or least would be better off) to do research on something before you buy it. 

Are you implying I don't do research on what I buy? Look, even if they did tell us straight up that there wouldn't be a ton of content at launch, that should just be all the more reason not to charge 60 dollars for the product. Just cause they promise to update with more content later doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm and willingness to shell out 60 straight up at launch. These seem like things that should have just been there from the start. And again, maybe they shouldn't have done the poll if this was gonna be the situation. I appreciate that they are free updates(though the season pass can suck a dick, even if the characters are available in other ways), but my stance is still the same, much like it was with Spatoon. 

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

Are you implying I don't do research on what I buy? Look, even if they did tell us straight up that there wouldn't be a ton of content at launch, that should just be all the more reason not to charge 60 dollars for the product. Just cause they promise to update with more content later doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm and willingness to shell out 60 straight up at launch. These seem like things that should have just been there from the start. And again, maybe they shouldn't have done the poll if this was gonna be the situation. I appreciate that they are free updates(though the season pass can suck a dick, even if the characters are available in other ways), but my stance is still the same, much like it was with Spatoon. 

The only reason the game was released in such a state was because part of the community (more than likely the Fighting game Community itself) voted to have it out now so that they could practice the game for EVO later on this year. Because like it or not, that's the primary audience Capcom are trying to appeal to. Does it suck for the casual fans of the genre who are interested in other features beside playing? Yes, very much and I agree they kind of got thrown under the bus. However, Capcom said beforehand that the game wasn't going to be complete if they released it early and that all of the later content would be free. I'm not saying that justifies it, but if you aren't the type to really practice fighting games and the like, I really recommend you hold onto that $60 and wait to get the game later.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2016-02-19 at 10:20 PM, Meta77 said:

Speak for yourself, Games here cost around 70 to 90$ CAD. thankfully i did decide to not buy a barebone game released early.

On 2/22/2016 at 2:52 PM, Daisy-Fan said:

Speak for yourself, Games here cost around 70 to 90$ CAD. thankfully i did decide to not buy a barebone game released early.

That is cause you guys have a weak dollar.  Again stated by a few others most fighting game fans KNEW what was going to be in this a launch. Sometimes research helps. Many got it early for EVO and it broke EVO registration records this year as well.

16 hours ago, Meta77 said:

That is cause you guys have a weak dollar.  Again stated by a few others most fighting game fans KNEW what was going to be in this a launch. Sometimes research helps. Many got it early for EVO and it broke EVO registration records this year as well.

Did you happen to watch the jimquisition vid I linked? People complaining aren't being unreasonable you know.

On 2/24/2016 at 1:56 AM, Meta77 said:

Street Fighter V's launch is a big fuck you to casual players.

I hadn’t been following pre-release coverage of Street Fighter 5 very closely. I played a few minutes of one of the betas, and thought the V-Trigger system was a nice addition that I felt I needed to explore more of in the full game.

Reading review after review, I was left in disbelief that the default way to play solo inany fighting game, is missing. Apart from an incredibly short story “prologue”, there really isn’t a lot there for you if your first order of business isn’t to go head-to-head with others.

Unfortunately for me, I am one of the casual fighting game players who buy those games first and foremost to play CPU matches, story mode, and similar single-player content.

The other day, a few friends of mine and I were debating whether or not getting the game now is worthwhile, even if just to play against one another. We had some good fun with Mortal Kombat X as well as older games. Online lobbies filled with friends are always a blast, and it’s where you’ll find me for the most part. The skill gap is wide enough that unless I dedicate time to “git gud”, my skills will always be lacking, and friendly scrims will remain my favourite.

For all of Capcom’s talk about making Street Fighter 5 more appealing to new players, a mantra that extends to the design of the actual fighting, the package available right now for $60 flies in the face of that.

This isn’t an argument of quantity over quality. It’s a basic comparison anyone looking to buy the game will be making. Compared to modern fighting games, the number of missing features is astounding. It’s only when you look at Mortal Kombat X, the other big fighting franchise and the game’s direct competitor, that you really begin to realise how lacking it is.

Unlike what vehement defenders of Street Fighter 5 would have you believe, casual players are the most important part of making an online game remain relevant, and essential to its longevity. It’s why you’ll always find people to play Battlefield or Call of Duty with, no matter when you pick these games up.

Three or four months from now, when all that’s left are the hardcore, there won’t be enough fighting to go around. And ultimately, when the player-base dwindles from lack of new blood, it will mean less people watching the Capcom Cup on Twitch, and less people interested in the game in general.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Again this is SF. Not your run of the meal indie fighter. Sure those who only play cpu bots will be displeased for the moment. But capcom went into this stating what WAS going to be in this before launch. Those who rushed out expecting a casual game to play with themselves have only themselves to blame honestly. But capcom is trying to release a arcade mode to appease that arm of the buyer base griping so hard on review sites.

• 1 month later...

guile13.jpg

Guile is coming back to Steet Fighter ladies and gents.

Guile is certainly one of the most iconic Street Fighter characters as he was one of the original eight World Warriors in Street Fighter II. His connection to Charlie Nash was revealed in his Street Fighter II ending as he prepares to finish off M. Bison once and for all for killing his friend and mentor but is stopped at the last moment by his wife Jane.

It wasn’t until Street Fighter Alpha 3 however where we learn more details about Guile’s search for Nash who had gone missing during a secret mission.  While Guile eventually found Nash at the Shadaloo base, their reunion was short lived as Nash held off M. Bison to allow Guile to escape and was the last time he saw the man who taught him how to throw Sonic Booms.

In Street Fighter IV, Guile’s search for Nash continues as his body was never recovered, and while unsuccessful in finding him, he does run into French MMA fighter Abel who is familiar with Guile’s fighting style. Guile knowing that Nash is the only other fighter that uses Sonic Booms presses Abel for more answers but is unable to get any new information.

While Guile has had a major role in most of the mainline Street Fighter games, he has also appeared in countless crossover titles such as Street Fighter x Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom series and Capcom vs SNK 2.

Guile will be available for free later this month to all players until the Zenny shop launches and will receive his own set of Trials and Character Story. His Battle Costume will be available for free to all Season Pass holders as well.

CHARACTER OVERVIEW

In Street Fighter V, Guile retains his ability to dominate both the ground and air with his solid normal attacks and special moves, such as Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick. He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line. Guile is a great choice for those of you who are looking for a charge character who can easily control the pace of the match.

V-Skill: Sonic Blade

GuileSkill1.png?w=570GuileSkill2.png?w=570

Guile spins up sonic energy to create a Sonic Blade which acts as a stationary projectile that can also juice up his Sonic Booms. Sonic Blade can really help Guile pressure opponents on their wake-up or help him win projectile battles as it increases Sonic Boom durability!

V-Trigger: Solid Puncher

GuileTrigger1.png?w=570

Guile powers up and tosses out continuous Sonic Booms! Each button throws a Sonic Boom at a different speed, so mixing up between buttons can create interesting Sonic Boom sequences. Depending on the sequence used, this can act as a great combo extender, be used to overwhelm opponents or easily push his opponents to the corner.

Critical Art: Sonic Hurricane

GuileCriticalArt.png?w=570

Guile’s most devastating attack, the Sonic Hurricane! Guile powers up and hits his opponent with a massive, multi-hit Sonic Boom. This Critical Art receives a damage and range boost while his V-Trigger is active.

Also some other extra content and bugfixes.

AIR FORCE BASE STAGE

We’re also excited to announce our first DLC stage, which is a classic that you all know and love: Guile’s Air Force Base! The jet receives a new coat of paint and you’ll probably recognize some familiar faces cheering you on in the background. This stage will be available in the Shop for 70,000FM. Season Pass holders will receive this stage for free as a thank you for supporting Street Fighter V.

RAGE QUIT SYSTEM

We’re also happy to announce that we will be implementing a system to punish players who frequently disconnect during matches (aka rage quitters).

The way this will work is the system will identify players who have high disconnect rates during matches and will lock them out of matchmaking for a period of time. Players who have been identified as abusing the system will receive an in-game message notifying them they have been locked out of matchmaking. More additions and enhancements to this system will be implemented in the future.

MATCHMAKING IMPROVEMENTS

We will also be making a number of improvements to Street Fighter V’s matchmaking. Many users should have an easier time creating and connecting to Battle Lounges and we are also loosening the restrictions on finding an opponent. We know users in Europe and other parts of the world have experienced some issues finding opponents and this should help increase the amount of battles coming their way.

• Thumbs Up 1