Awoo.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

#AR

Rage Quit punishment = about fucking time. I've noticed a lot less quitting these days then it was around launch (probably because a lot of the point boosters are sitting in gold league now whereas I'm in silver/ultra bronze) but it still really kills my enthusiasm when you get nailed with an RQ after a tense match.

Good to see Guile back too- interested to try him out in SFV's fighting system, tbh I think he has the potential to be really strong, especially with that faultless move thing and the Sonic Boom barrage V-Trigger - sounds cool! 

Oh man I'm loving the remix of his theme. It's so good. 

Late response, but:

Again this is SF. Not your run of the meal indie fighter. Sure those who only play cpu bots will be displeased for the moment. But capcom went into this stating what WAS going to be in this before launch. Those who rushed out expecting a casual game to play with themselves have only themselves to blame honestly. But capcom is trying to release a arcade mode to appease that arm of the buyer base griping so hard on review sites.

lol. Blaming the audience for complaining when the game does not meet even the base expectations?

A run of the mill indie fighter is exactly the type of game one would expect to have such a small amount of content at launch. Not the next-generation direct sequel main series installment to an IP like Street Fighter, and especially not at a full $60 retail price either, considering the previous SF games and contemporary fighters that have these features. This isn't Capcom creating a new fighting game and putting it in untested waters. And even if the general public knew about it (which they didn't and don't have to--all they know and care about is that there's a new SF out, only fans who frequently follow the series would be aware of the content rollout), that doesn't suddenly mean Capcom isn't blameless for how this game was launched.

It's about standards, really. You can't just release the SFV that was released in February, and expect it to be just acknowledged as "different" by the masses (or at least, you can't just expect them to do so and still buy it anyway). Expectations transform paradigms in qualities, and that's why the small base content, online functionality, etc. was criticized. I feel a bit ridiculous for stating something so obvious, but that's what it is.

So sure, the general public may "blame themselves" and "accept the game for what it is" (a popular saying I've seen people give for similar polarizing products), but most won't be bothered to "gripe so hard on review sites" like the more engrossed fans do--they'll simply vote with their wallet and refuse to buy it. And so far, that's exactly what they've done.

NPD results showed the game debuting in February at #7 (the PS4 Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm alone actually outsold SFV), and then dropping out of the Top 10 entirely for March (so much for people claiming the game would have "legs" following the release, and arguing the March update would increase sales). For comparison's sake, Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Pokken Tournament both made it into the Top 10 for March (#3 and #7, respectively). A remaster of a ten-year old game and a Pokemon spinoff fighting game, both exclusive to a moribund platform, sold more than SFV did in that month. Keep in mind, Capcom expected the game to sell two million copies (PC and PS4) by their fiscal year's end (which historically ends the first week of May, which is in a couple of weeks...).

That's not exactly normal or expected for a series that pretty much re-wrote the standard of the 2D fighting game genre; nor one who, after being out of the limelight for nearly eight years, had come back in full force with the previous title (the vanilla release, by the by, sold much more in its debut week than SFV did).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

NPD results showed the game debuting in February at #7 (the PS4 Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm alone actually outsold SFV), and then dropping out of the Top 10 entirely for March (so much for people claiming the game would have "legs" following the release, and arguing the March update would increase sales). For comparison's sake, Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Pokken Tournament both made it into the Top 10 for March (#3 and #7, respectively). A remaster of a ten-year old game and a Pokemon spinoff fighting game, both exclusive to a moribund platform, sold more than SFV did in that month. Keep in mind, Capcom expected the game to sell two million copies (PC and PS4) by their fiscal year's end (which historically ends the first week of May, which is in a couple of weeks...).

Just to counter that point, in that argument's defence, the March update (which came in two parts) literally happened at the end of the month, being the 28th and 30th.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Athena Cykes said:

Just to counter that point, in that argument's defence, the March update (which came in two parts) literally happened at the end of the month, being the 28th and 30th.

Ah, OK then. I'll recant that bit about the update then.

Honestly, I don't see why companies don't just put on the box that the game is incomplete or something. That would maybe lessen the hate they get. It basically IS a early access game, and early access games aren't sold and promoted as full products/experiences m(well, the good ones anyway).

@The above: If they had released this like KI ($20, maybe with a free rotating character or something) I can't imagine there would be anywhere near as much backlash. I don't really care that I paid full price as I've played like 120 hrs of it already, so like, value for money but still.

I've been laughing hysterically at this for the past like 15 mins

cMKeGAY.jpg

2B3plVZ.png

So american!

EDIT:  Bald Eaguile

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 months later...

So, Totally not Mike Tyson and Not-so-naked tanga man were finally announced. And, of course, Juri, the one character I was waiting for! 

Shame about her outfit having been slightly tweaked from her cameos in the stories of some characters but...eh, that's what PC mods are for.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Ducktor Naldush Repulsa said:

So, Totally not Mike Tyson and Not-so-naked tanga man were finally announced. And, of course, Juri, the one character I was waiting for! 

Shame about her outfit having being slightly tweaked from her cameos in the stories of some characters but...eh, that's what PC mods are for.

I just hope it was not tweaked for sjw's :c.

So July 1st will be somewhat loaded. As stated above, big-ass boxer Balrog is coming!

SFV_Character_Art-Balrog.jpg?w=1035

Here's the lowdown from Capcom Unity.

Spoiler

His playstyle in Street Fighter V puts the focus on his devastating punches, and with the use of his V-Trigger, he can chain these attacks together to deal serious damage. He also has a few cheap attacks up his sleeve to keep the fight in his favor, so don’t let your guard down for a moment!

f7c302e0b08ffa0f2f1f34e5fea141bb.png?v=2

5f4c5a57aa0c0bba64492af2bcdbbde8.png?v=2

V-Skill: KKB

A unique move that twirls his body while moving forward. While activated, you can dodge projectiles as well as string together attacks. You can even activate KKB before a special hits you, allowing you to be a technical inside fighter.

43574a276c4ee31ce13ed2e3063e7a61.png?v=2

92bc40e7bcef32e2bef0cf91794993da.png?v=2

V-Trigger: Crazy Rush

A chance to be the aggressor when activated! Steam rises from his body and allows you to string together specials like Charging Buffalo and Bursting Buffalo.

CA_1.jpg

CA_2.jpg

Critical Art: Gigaton Blow

Unleash the fury from your fist with this simple, yet destructive critical art. It can be connected with various moves. Make sure to include it in your combos.

He'll be added, along with schoolgirl ninja Ibuki and the Cinematic Story Mode in this update. They've also been confirmed EVO legal.

And that's not all... a new stage is coming too!

Kanzuki Private Beach

Beach_stage.jpg?w=859

Spoiler

With a matching Karin premium swimsuit ;)

Karin_Summer_Costume.jpg?w=602

Will be available for that update too.

Rival Schools fans peep the background...notice any familiar faces?

Juri looks so freaking cool. I thought they might go with an eye patch/rip it off during V-trigger gimmick and now that they did, I love it. I even thing the black undersuit looks nice too :>

It's also interesting that in that video, as far as I can see she didn't use any of her special moves from IV (pinwheel, kick projectile, dive kick) whereas they made a point of showing Urien using aegies and his projectile. Wonder if she got some move list changes.

Has this got a proper single player arcade/story mode yet? As in more than 4 matches and done?

My dad loves SF and I want to buy him this, but he hates playing online and all I ever hear about is new characters and online features being updated. 

1 hour ago, Hyp3hat said:

Has this got a proper single player arcade/story mode yet? As in more than 4 matches and done?

My dad loves SF and I want to buy him this, but he hates playing online and all I ever hear about is new characters and online features being updated. 

Nah, but apparently it's coming in like 2-3 days with Ibuki and Balrog. So buy it for your dad early next week maybe.

I want juri to be added like yesterday already.  :<

• Thumbs Up 1

Single-player SF5 is still fairly poor. Current and imminent single-player features:

• Comic-style story mode for each character, 1-4 easy 1-round games per character.
  • (start of July) Story mode with cinematic cutscenes, around 3 hours switching between characters, harder difficulty unlocked by beating the default.
  • System tutorial, and individual character tutorials with occasional genuinely useful insight into certain moves.
  • Trials mode (a la SF4), 10 combos per character. Gets right into the actual combos, but for the most part doesn't reach the difficulty of SSF4's hardest trials.
  • A long and frustrating Survival mode, which needs to be completed on each difficulty (besides Hell) with each character with each costume to unlock colours for them.
  • 18 characters, (start of July) 20 characters, four of which need to be bought for 100k Fight Money or 6$/€ each. Stages added after the initial release (currently only the Air Force base from SF2) also need to be bought. A mildly-completionist run through the current single-player features will earn about enough FM to buy three characters - you earn FM for completing something for the first time only.

Planned, but with no timetable, are "VS CPU" mode (likely an arcade mode), and "Extra Battle" which is expected to be along the lines of a boss rush.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, I'll hang on a bit then. It's been out for months Capcom, get yr shit together. IDK, the purely online aspect of the game industry is getting a bit depressing.

15 hours ago, bmn said:
  • (start of July) Story mode with cinematic cutscenes, around 3 hours switching between characters, harder difficulty unlocked by beating the default

See, I've heard way too many conflicting stories about this I've seen ranging from 3-6 hours so idk.

18 characters, (start of July) 20 characters, four of which need to be bought for 100k Fight Money or 6$/€ each. Stages added after the initial release (currently only the Air Force base from SF2) also need to be bought. A mildly-completionist run through the current single-player features will earn about enough FM to buy three characters - you earn FM for completing something for the first time only.

There's the Kanzuki Beach and various variations on current stages also coming on Friday.

I wish juri han was real :c. I would love a girl that looked like her to chase me through my house trying to break my back with a glowing eye.

• Thumbs Up 1

Re: the above-

When the game came out I was so very disinterested in the story mode, as pretty much every fighting game story this side of GGX2 totally puts me to sleep, but they're slowing turning me around on this. It looks like just the right amount of goofy and cool that it might actually end up being really entertaining. I can only hope they have some cool/funny scenes in there, although It's poretty weird seeing Mika sneaking around a facility (?) in her full wrestling gear.

---

A clip of Urien's new super.

Disappointed it doesn't burn his clothes off like in did in his third stike intro ;)

I'm also so thirsty for the new Juri I might die

tumblr_o9lg3uBjRX1v2t3oqo2_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved the story. I just finished playing and capture in 1080 and 60 frames. Juri is amazing. Though her CA is not that good. Im not sure if its not finished but its noting flash at all unlike say cammy or chun li. Actually no new character has anything flashy. But the dolls were amazing. I will not spoil anything just yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/street-fighter-v-season-3-character-pass-adds-sakura-blanka-falke-cody-g-sagat-sakura-launches-january-16

Skipping over season 2 due to necroposting, Season 3 DLC got announced with 4 returning veterans and 2 newcomers:
*Sakura
*Blanka
*Falke (most likely a Shadaloo general)
*Cody
*G (a magician or something)
*Sagat

Sakura will be avaible from Januray 16th.

• The title was changed to Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

Wow this topic died.

I made gold with 4.5k lp and I play Kolin now.

Sakura looks completely awesome. I absolutely love her new costume. I like how it keeps a similar silhouette but 100% makes her look older and finally gets rid of that GD school uniform.

the redesigns in SFV so far have all been really good imo.

• Thumbs Up 2