Awoo.

The overdue thread about 'Sega Amusements'

Badnik Mechanic

Sega Amusements are a UK division of Sega who make arcade and amusement style machines based on Sega and non Sega IP's.

Now, we really should have a topic about them because they often make some pretty epic things, some for public, some for private use.

For starters, they recently commissioned these....

CCz1SB2W0AAr7Gd.jpg

Which are apparently out there in the wild based on this photo from the Sega Amusements head office.

TOheLyK.jpg

Recently they had an awards ceremony, check out the awards.

71kmuFn.jpg

KnzZT3b.jpg

Hmmm where have I seen that before? 

mkIlkeQGFk1_-MZhbsO7BrQ.jpg

Yup, they based their awards off the Sonic Jam Japanese boxart.

Furthermore, whilst I'm still looking into it, I think they're also responsible for this 

CFsIM0pWIAAUXLS.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Their "own" games that they make after Sega of Japan's machines became incompatible with western arcades, are a waste of money imo...Sega should have just have them as a Sonic merchandise manufacturer or something similar.

How much money and dignity do I have to lose to obtain one of those beautiful Sonic statues?

• Thumbs Up 4

Those statues look like updated versions of the one in Alton Towers! Hmmm... wonder what they could be foooor?

I'm guessing this is a part of SEGA's "reinforcing the Sonic brand" remarks. My guess is they'll be putting those in all the larger arcades.

I really wish there was an attempt to bring this sort of stuff to the US, but given the failure that was Gameworks, I don't blame SEGA for giving up.

So that's what that "Sonic Statue Army" was for... Office decorations.

So that's what that "Sonic Statue Army" was for... Office decorations.

If these statues are like any other manufactured product, the price per unit decreases the more you buy.

My guess is that they bought the bulk for arcades and the like, but reasoned it wouldn't hurt to grab another few while they were there for office purposes.

They do need to remember who's in charge of the company, after all!