Awoo.

"Sonic Dash" Is Now An Arcade Game

baba_944

I thought he was talking about mobile (I assumed he never played it). And I think it's a safe assumption as well, to be honest with you.

I thought he was talking about mobile (I assumed he never played it). And I think it's a safe assumption as well, to be honest with you.

Ah. My apologies. Hope we'll learn more here in awhile.

Also, I wonder what arcade board it uses.

So... they ported a free-to-pay mobile game that's over two years old to an arcade machine, why? D:

So... they ported a free-to-pay mobile game that's over two years old to an arcade machine, why? D:

Precious, precious shiny coins... mreehehehehehe...

Well, it seems kind of a good move. Port an existing game into another market in the hope it attracts some attention. Not everyone has a smartphone afterall. Kids might see it and like it. (I dunno, do kids have smartphones? I'm old and an expat and I don't understand da Britiss youff!)

Then again, using the same logic: WHY ISN'T STEALTHTAX SONIC 1 AND 2 ON CONSOLES AND PC?! aaaaah! :P

This particular machine is located in Butlins holiday resort in Minehead.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/05/sonic-dash-extreme-dashing-into-butlins/

Ahaaa, I seee... okay. So my next question would be: what's so EXTREEEEEEME about it? :P

Ahaaa, I seee... okay. So my next question would be: what's so EXTREEEEEEME about it? :P

That's an EXTREEEEEEMELY big d-pad.

• Thumbs Up 1

FlappyArcade_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

ohh.. at first i though it was going to be a "touch" able game.. just like the original :D

i think its nice.though i will never play it like that.. only in my brother's tablet .... but.. i'd wish it can have more characters..and more bosses...

since a while ago.. i was wishing the original game had Metal Sonic on it.. or something else.. i already got tired of beating Zazz and Eggman :D hahaha

• Thumbs Up 1

That's cool. I hope it comes stateside though, it'd be nice to go into one of the few remaining arcades here and play Sonic Dash for Tickets.

Wait a second. Look at the Tickets dispenser... is that Rouge!? 

Vp25aml.jpg

Also, is this render new?

mEGNXZE.jpg

I've seen Skylanders do that once with Cloud Patrol, not to mention games like Fruit Ninja and apparenly Temple Run. I'm surprised Sega hasn't done this sooner.

I REALLY hope I see one of these at my local Dave & Buster's. I'd bank so many tickets on that thing.

Also, is this render new?

mEGNXZE.jpg

Looks new to me.

Oh wow this really cool, I always have had a fascination with sonic arcade machines.

It would be cool to play one of these.

Seeing how mobile games becoming arcade games is becoming common these days, doesn't surprise me.

Would have been nice to have a different kind of arcade Sonic game. Only one out of three arcade Sonic games I've ever played was not a port of another Sonic game.

Tbh thinking about this makes me wish that Sonic treadmill racing game was around in the UK. That shit looks really funny; imagine getting one of them for SoS or something, imagine the hilarity of all the Sonic fans gotta-go-fasting and falling over... yeah.

*wipes eye*

I wish the US would get some arcade love. :c

But like, arcades in my part of the US seem to be pretty much nonexistent with the exception of one or two.

Well. That's a bit stupid. I mean, they couldn't at least allow the player to choose their character? Seems rather idiotic.

That boss is bit bullshit as well.

Quite a few mobile arcade games have already been released like Doodle Jump and Temple Run so I'm not surprised to see Sonic join in the fun. Though I wish it was a unique arcade Sonic game and not just Dash, which is basically a rip off of Temple Run. 8I

Neat. Giant Sonic Dash. I like the checkpoints idea, but the boss bit looked a bit meh. :s Makes it harder to hit the guy I suppose... but the bomb dodging needs to be there too!