Awoo.

The Best and the Worse from Sonic Boom TV Series: until now

Drawloverlala

Well not pompous per se, but Amy does seem kinda haughty and headstrong in most interpretations. She's not overly narcissistic, but she is sometimes over expectant of being listened to and taken seriously. Boom fits that. In Fortress of Squalitude, she stubbornly makes a dumb move at the suggestion of being appreciated (and likely to get notice from the others) and in the Buddy Temple episode she holds things up as much as Knuckles does because she wants her method to go through.

As said I'm not positive this direction fits Amy all around, it wasn't an overly large aspect of her character in the games, but I don't think it betrays her completely. Comics Boom only betrayed that because she got other aspects stemming from it, being more like a stuck up middle aged curmudgeon than a headstrong young girl. I think it's also because she was a bit too much of a jerkass about it, people started hating Sonic X Amy after she got too catty as well.

The fun thing is that pride comes in many different ideals. Narcissism, self righteousness, pretentiousness, stubbornness. Not everyone who has an ego are just obsessed with themselves, they're just overconfident about an area of their personality.

Like I said, I think my biggest irritation is mostly that they claimed they fixed Amy, and all prior incarnations are trash. They gutted the original character completely, changed what she was about, and honestly just doesn't bear any resemblance to her in my opinion. In other words, she isn't Amy. She more resembles Sally Acorn at her worst in my opinion.

It's on a similar league as Knuckles to me, taking what was a fairly minor trait and making it largely what they're all about. Flanderization in other words. It maybe doesn't get as much bile for Amy because she's been Flanderized in other areas of her personality beforehand that people like a new direction (probably the same reason people think the versions of Knuckles that are Flanderized in the serious area are 'fixed'). The best Amy is still the in-between area though it's nice this version isn't just going for some same gag over and over.

If Sally was more like Boom Amy I'd probably consider her 'fixed' as well though.

Well not pompous per se, but Amy does seem kinda haughty and headstrong in most interpretations. She's not overly narcissistic, but she is sometimes over expectant of being listened to and taken seriously. Boom fits that. In Fortress of Squalitude, she stubbornly makes a dumb move at the suggestion of being appreciated (and likely to get notice from the others) and in the Buddy Temple episode she holds things up as much as Knuckles does because she wants her method to go through.

As said I'm not positive this direction fits Amy all around, it wasn't an overly large aspect of her character in the games, but I don't think it betrays her completely. Comics Boom only betrayed that because she got other aspects stemming from it, being more like a stuck up middle aged curmudgeon than a headstrong young girl. I think it's also because she was a bit too much of a jerkass about it, people started hating Sonic X Amy after she got too catty as well.

The fun thing is that pride comes in many different ideals. Narcissism, self righteousness, pretentiousness, stubbornness. Not everyone who has an ego are just obsessed with themselves, they're just overconfident about an area of their personality.

I don't blame Amy for getting upset when no one listens to her. Although Tails is the smartest when it comes to inventing, Amy is considered the smartest when it comes to research, knowledge, archaeology, art, and sociology. In other words, Amy is very wise, and has a lot of helpful inputs. It can be hurtful for someone to have a lot of knowledge, only to have people ignore them, or not take what they have to say seriously. Some people can't help it that they have a lot of knowledge, and it can feel lonely to not have anyone else who shares the same amount of life experiences and research. Amy doesn't try to boss her friends around in order to make herself feel dominant, she only does it out of care for her team.

Sonic may be their leader, but he's considered a glory hog, and doesn't give strategies most of the time. Amy is just trying to back up Sonic's lack of cooperation, and acts as the one to try and give their team battle tactics. Sadly, they never work out, because Knuckles is too stubborn to accept help, or orders from another. Seriously, Knuckles smashed a compass, just because he didn't want anyone to tell him which direction to go... At least Amy has good motifs, she has shown more sides of wanting to help others, than she has with just trying to help herself. Amy just wants to help others, but it can be upsetting when people can't seem to notice your good intentions. Amy is a character who knows how to forgive, which is a nice quality.

In the episode late fees for instance, Amy could have stayed mad at Sonic, because although he did return her book on time, he still didn't treat her favor as seriously as he assured her he would. But Amy chose to be happy that Sonic did carry through on his word. She was easily able to get over being upset with Sonic. The same could be said in the episode Into the Wilderness. Sonic and Knuckles were trying to cheat by finishing the race without Amy and Sticks, even with them knowing that Amy and Sticks fell through a hidden missile silo. (It's not really a competition, if you don't give your competition a fair chance at competing.) When Amy and Sticks managed to get out, and win the race, Sonic was furious, but then asked if the girls could lead them home. Amy could have been rude and sarcastically say "No, why don't you use your so called superior survival skills to find your way out", but Amy was better than that, and she kindly accepted. Amy would have been heartless to leave them stranded, so she didn't let the fact that Sonic and Knuckles left them trapped in a silo, get in the way of being a good sport. Afterall, Sonic wasn't going to leave Sticks and Amy trapped, he did say he would come back to get them out.

I'm not saying Amy is over the top about it or lacks positive qualities, I'm just saying it's a two way street, which is generally one of the good points about the show. Each character has a turn their qualities make them right or wrong, and even when they're wrong there's a bit of greyness and motive to why they acted up. Knuckles is about the only character that's just stupid for stupidity's sake.

Amy follows that standard. She has good intents and intellect to justify wanting to be heard, but on the other hand she can get very huffy and self righteous about it, and like the others, she's not always right. She's sort of the 'I know what's best for you more than you do' type. The characters have enough idiotic moments to justify this attitude, but they are also right about enough things to make clear Amy overestimates how much above the others she is, and they play that notion as an amusing quirk.

This is what I think she has above Sally, whose almost always right to look down on Sonic and the others, and even when she is wrong it's not because of this prideful aspect or not listening to someone else. Amy is more humanised and balanced, in addition to being allowed to act like a clown.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not saying Amy is over the top about it or lacks positive qualities, I'm just saying it's a two way street, which is generally one of the good points about the show. Each character has a turn their qualities make them right or wrong, and even when they're wrong there's a bit of greyness and motive to why they acted up. Knuckles is about the only character that's just stupid for stupidity's sake.

Amy follows that standard. She has good intents and intellect to justify wanting to be heard, but on the other hand she can get very huffy and self righteous about it, and like the others, she's not always right. She's sort of the 'I know what's best for you more than you do' type. The characters have enough idiotic moments to justify this attitude, but they are also right about enough things to make clear Amy overestimates how much above the others she is, and they play that notion as an amusing quirk.

This is what I think she has above Sally, whose almost always right to look down on Sonic and the others, and even when she is wrong it's not because of this prideful aspect or not listening to someone else. Amy is more humanised and balanced, in addition to being allowed to act like a clown.

I legit love everything about Boom.

I will say thought the abrupt endings are very annoying.

I legit love everything about Boom.

I will say thought the abrupt endings are very annoying.

Pros:

- For the most part, the characterization of the characters are pretty great. This is easily the best portrayals of Amy and Tails to date.

- When the jokes hit their mark, its really funny.

- The expressiveness of the characters. Sonic's faces in particular are hilarious.

- The French version. Their choices they make in their acting just give the show a lot more life, and the show is a lot more enjoyable and funny.

Cons

- Sticks and her English voice. When I saw the French version though, I liked the character a lot more. Her voice actress sounds a little more normal, and she goes more acting crazy than sounding crazy. Her comedic timing is pretty phenomenal. lol Her English voice actress is talented for sure, but the direction they went with makes her try to sound crazy through her voice, but that's all it ends up being, and it makes the character more annoying. But, other than that, they don't really do much other than make her the panick-y friend.

- The sitcom format. I've never been a fan of it, to be honest. Nothing wrong with humor, but I rather see these guys go on adventures. Just a personal preference and I've never liked the sitcom format.

- Knuckles. I don't like his design, and I hate that they make him a dimwit. He does get some great lines, for sure, though.

- The pacing is very uneven. It kills their jokes, and sometimes these stories need to be longer (or even faster paced). It just all falls flat.

- Eggman. Like everyone else, I really wish he'd be taken a little more seriously than be the joke.

• Thumbs Up 1