Awoo.

Sonic: The Wrath of Nazo - Nazo Unleashed sequel coming in 2019

sonsilv222

Uhh... good luck to him for trying to make it past Sega, lol.

Also it's not like the original was even anything special, was it? It was literally just a Newgrounds video of DBZ with Sonic X stuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

Isn't trying to make money via a Kickstarter by using a companies IP illegal?

• Thumbs Up 4

Isn't trying to make money via a Kickstarter by using a companies IP illegal?

Only if Sega decide to step in, which I doubt they'll do.

Uh...strange.

Whenever folks rip on Nazo Unleashed, I'm usually one to step in and cut it a break.  In my younger days I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and though it's pretty silly now, I still think it's impressive for what it was back then.

That said, if he's worked in animation companies and has greatly improved since then, I think it's a pretty weird choice to try and continue this series.  It had its run.  I feel like an original project would be a much better use of time and potential Kickstarter money.  Not that I blame him for WANTING to do this, but trying to go through with a project like this using somebody else's property seems destined to fail.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't see using kickstarter being an issue considering those 'Not enouguh rings' books were funded using it with no issues. 

Nazo Unleashed is one of the main flash series that inspired me to start animating back in 2006 and eventually ended with me being involved with everything Sonic Paradox related. It was amazing at the time and is still enjoyable now. I have yet to watch the video but I'm not sure which direction he would take a new entry considering part 3 ended with God the Hedgehog.

As much as I loved the original video back in the day, I can't see it working.

But I'm honestly curious to see what he could do with it, now that his animation skills have vastly improved since then. Although, I'm not sure a kickstarter is the right way to go. Especially if it's using a copyrighted product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
52 minutes ago, Sean said:

Retitled and moved to Green Hill subforum

Thank you for that.

Kind of surprised theirs no discussion outside of the statuses, unless its somewhere else atm.

I saw Nazo Unleashed after a year of its release, and I really loved it. I think it's amazing how Chakra made it. I wish a lot of luck to him on making the sequel, and I can't wait to see it when it will be finished. I am curious what story it will have... and as we saw in the intro video, he uses some newer, better graphic techniques.

Good luck Chakra! ;)

On 2015. 06. 11. at 1:58 PM, tvn88pl said:

Nazo?Who is it?Is it Sonic form?

It is an early version of Super Sonic in Sonic X, which was showed in a Sonic X trailer. Now it became a unique character in the Sonic fandom.

I remember many years ago, I first got my internet connection, dial up, thats how far back, it was mostly just so I can upload my sonic drawing scans to deviantart, anyways a friend of mine linked me a newgrounds video over MSN to Nazo unleashed part 1. And I was blown away, esspecially when sonic went super! that was something! Part two was out at the time aswell so I watched that, again blown away by it all.

I think it was a full year or so when part three came out and once again, nothing short of amazed.

So it's been...nine or ten years since those days. To find a sequel in works has sort of...rekindled my drive to make sonic work again, and I am really looking forward to this sequel, I hope...no..It WILL be amazing!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...

This the current update on the new sequal to Nazo Unleashed. Chakra X has decided to drop all possible release dates for the Acts till he at least finishes Act 1 of the story. So it seems we maybe seeing Act 1 soon, hopefully. If this is the case, then there should be more following it once Act 1 is out.

Some obligatory editing; All the updates are mostly on Chakra X's Youtube channel. This project has come very far, or far enough for him to show the story boarding in this update. Also there is a moderate crew behind this. Chakra X has composers, voice acting, and a whole plethora of ideas waiting to be seen.

Edited by Ashwalking Bat

I didn't watch Nazo Unleashed for several years, but when I finally did, I realized to my surprize that it was actually good. It's pretty much just a DBZ video that happens to feature Sonic characters, but I do think it manages to capture the strill of the actual DBZ in a way that very few similar DBZ-wannabe videos actually do.

I'm looking forward to seeing a sequel.

• Fist Bump 1

14 hours ago, batson said:

I didn't watch Nazo Unleashed for several years, but when I finally did, I realized to my surprize that it was actually good. It's pretty much just a DBZ video that happens to feature Sonic characters, but I do think it manages to capture the strill of the actual DBZ in a way that very few similar DBZ-wannabe videos actually do.

I'm looking forward to seeing a sequel.

A lot have found Nazo Unleashed later into it's life as a trilogy. But yeah. Nazo Unleashed is exceptionally good for the time it was released. By today's standards, the drawings do look a little 'meh'. But they never dropped below a certain level of quality. However, for a flash animation, it was ride you don't want to ever miss if you are a Sonic Fan. I'll certainly agree that it does capture the elements of DBZ a lot better than most fan works would. Which in of itself, only made Nazo Unleashed even more amazing to watch as a result.

Either way, I am right there with you waiting for the sequal.

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 months later...

A little preview of Act one's Animation in action. Nothing too spoilery is here. Just some Sonic animation and sound tests. Though I honestly think we are getting closer to seeing the full thing of Act 1 fairly soon. Chakra is saying that Act 1 is slowly on the way. Though if anything I think we may see a late summer/early fall release if all continues going as it is with the animation and everything.