Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

I love how Sticks will be playable in this new entry. I hope she's in the Wii U version as well. Does this mean Sega has decided to make Sticks an official Sonic character in the main video games? I sure hope so, I love Sticks, and it would be great to see her hanging out with the canon version of the Sonic characters. I wonder if the next Sonic game will actually give Sticks a proper introuduction, since the Sonic Boom games and show failed to do that. It would make more sense than to have Sticks just casually hanging out it the video game version of Amy, despite the fact Sticks was never seen or heard of in past games. 

I don't mind sticks being on here. But I'm wondering what other two Mario characters are we getting this time.

And suddenly, Zazz is not the most out of place character anymore. I do like Sticks, but she kind of stole the open All Around-spot from Cream, and will probably continue to do so if she is here to stay.

So we now have two fan favourites (Rouge and Jet) and two oddballs (Sticks and Zazz), while the Mario series gets Diddy Kong, Nabbit and (most likely) Rosalina. There is still a Mario Power character missing, and although I cannot think of a deserving one, I doubt he will surpass Zazz and Sticks in oddity.

I'm not that surprised Sticks is playable, but seriously, with Sticks and Zazz I definitely think there's going to be a lot more characters in this game. But I shouldn't get my hopes up too much...

Sorry for the double post but...

Sticks is playable, as seen at 0:48

Yeah..

Now, THAT is something I didn't see coming. (and I had that same thought for Zazz)

I think we already knew that.

Oh. I haven't been following closely.

I'm kind of glad Sticks is playable.  I quite like Sticks, though I admit she can be extremely annoying when written horribly, and I wouldn't mind seeing her a part of the main Sonic universe.  It doesn't surprise me to see her playable, though, and especially before other characters.  It only makes sense to add characters that are recent, since the games they're in can still be bought.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not too surprised Sticks is playable. I do hope this means we're getting more characters than even this, though. They added Rouge and Jet, why not Omega as well?

I hope they won't make exclusive characters for each console, for example Rouge on Wii U only and Sticks 3DS only.

For now it seems we might get 8 new characters in total.

Zazz: Power

Jet: Speed

Sticks: All Around

Rouge: Skill

(Rosalina): Power

Nabbit: Speed

Diddy: All Around

Birdo: Skill

C'mon, give us Big, Espio, Toad and Kamek and we're fine :P

I hope they won't make exclusive characters for each console, for example Rouge on Wii U only and Sticks 3DS only.

Throw in Omega, Rouge, K.Rool and Funky while you're at it

I am surprised to see that Sticks is in, but I am rather happy to hear that she is playable. I actually do like Sticks. I don't find her annoying, and I think she is cute in a way, and tolerable, even when she goes crazy. Her craziness is one thing I love about her. It is good to see her in the main series Sonic world rather than the Boom Sonic world. I look forward to playing as Sticks when the game comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Throw in Omega, Rouge, K.Rool and Funky while you're at it

We've already got Rouge.

I think at this point Diddy will be Skill and Rosalina All Around. I can't see Rosalina being Power. Birdo I think is unplayable.

Considering the odd Sonic choices, though, I think now we could have up to 12 characters. Sure, I dig Sticks being added, maybe even Zazz... but BEFORE Omega? I can dig Eggman Nega not getting in as well, but I don't buy Omega being looked over when Rouge and Jet were already added.

Also, I think Rouge and Sticks would be flipped; Rouge as All Around and Sticks as Skill. Rouge is far more of an All Around type than Sticks.

Also, where do you get this idea of characters being exclusive per console? That's not going to happen.

First rule of Sonic: Never talk about Free Riders. EVER!

It's story is pretty much Heroes in hoverboards except almost everyone are complete assholes.

And to be honest, can you really imagine a machine that's hellbent on destruction in hoverboard?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not the first time Omega's been overlooked.

team_dark_in_frozen_forest_by_riderssoni

That's true, but at the same time, those robots were already in the Riders games. Omega has already been in M&S.

Omega in this game would make sense since he was a rival in past Olympic games.

Edit: Why do I always forget rouge is in this game!?! Lol

Zazz, jet, rouge and sticks for sonic. Then diddy and nabbit which should confirm that two more Mario characters should be coming. But I'm sure you guys figured that out.

Edit: and now omega joining this is making more sense now because he would fit nice for another power character and I don't think zazz would fit that type.

Let's see,

Omega and ??? For power

Rouge and ??? For all around

Jet and ??? For speed

Sticks and ??? For skill

I'm not sure where to place diddy or nabbit they are either the three types so I don't know.

First rule of Sonic: Never talk about Free Riders. EVER!

It's story is pretty much Heroes in hoverboards except almost everyone are complete assholes.

As someone who beat this game, I'm in 100% agreement. Story was horrible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps they didn't want too many playable characters who were bosses before, we already have Rouge and Jet, they probably wanted to introduce REAL new characters. Still sad if Omega is not in, having Rouge or Zazz as a power type would be silly.

Sorry for the double post but...

Sticks is playable, as seen at 0:48

Yeah..

Le what.

I thought Fire and Ice was enough to promote Boom! Also, Sticks is not having a sports outfit, (because she's Sticks LOL)

And there's a female voice saying the title thing now.

I just thought of something, what if she's not a playable character, but a rival character?

Omega in this game would make sense since he was a rival in past Olympic games.

Edit: Why do I always forget rouge is in this game!?! Lol

Zazz, jet, rouge and sticks for sonic. Then diddy and nabbit which should confirm that two more Mario characters should be coming. But I'm sure you guys figured that out.

Edit: and now omega joining this is making more sense now because he would fit nice for another power character and I don't think zazz would fit that type.

Let's see,

Omega and ??? For power

Jet and ??? For speed

Sticks and ??? For skill

I'm not sure where to place diddy or nabbit they are either the three types so I don't know.

Here, let me fill that out for you

Omega and ???*K.Rool* For power

Jet and Nabbit For speed

Sticks and Diddy For skill

Not entirely sure Birdo is playable, we saw her as Goalie, which seemed to be an NPC position rather than a character one(an Egg pawn was the other one). Threw in K.Rool since we are getting DK additions(Diddy), Another villain is always a plus, and Mario doesn't have any obvious power candidates. Also if Zazz is playable and not merely a rival, I would say we may be getting the largest roster expansion yet if we get equal additions, and them rounding out the categories.