Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

Le what.

I thought Fire and Ice was enough to promote Boom! Also, Sticks is not having a sports outfit, (because she's Sticks LOL)

And there's a female voice saying the title thing now.

I just thought of something, what if she's not a playable character, but a rival character?

Sure, it's possible, but Rouge also lacks a sports suit.

If I remember correctly, bosses in previous M&S titles where only shown when the trailers were about single player modes like London Party.

Rouge and Diddy are both classified as Skill type characters in the series, so the roster might look like this:

Power: Zazz, ???

All-Around: Rosalina, Sticks

Speed: Nabbit, Jet

Skill: Diddy Kong, Rouge

I really would love to know who the last Mario Power character is. He would have to be a rival for Zazz. I thought of Roy Koopa, but would Nintendo allow only one Koopaling to be used over the others? Boom Boom is already in the Rugby Event and I doubt they would use Dry Bowser, so who do you think the missing character is? Other than a Koopaling, I can only think of Petey Piranha or King Boo, but neither of them have had any playable representation lately. And no, I don't think K.Rool would make his grand comeback in an Olympic game.

Rouge and Diddy are both classified as Skill type characters in the series, so the roster might look like this:

Power: Zazz, ???

All-Around: Rosalina, Sticks

Speed: Nabbit, Jet

Skill: Diddy Kong, Rouge

I really would love to know who the last Mario Power character is. He would have to be a rival for Zazz. I thought of Roy Koopa, but would Nintendo allow only one Koopaling to be used over the others? Boom Boom is already in the Rugby Event and I doubt they would use Dry Bowser, so who do you think the missing character is? Other than a Koopaling, I can only think of Petey Piranha or King Boo, but neither of them have had any playable representation lately. And no, I don't think K.Rool would make his grand comeback in an Olympic game.

I think they could consider K. Rool if they announce his return in other games in a later Direct before announcing him for this, but I doubt it.

Rouge and Diddy's Mii costumes were Skill in past games, but Omega was Speed. I highly doubt Omega is Speed, so I'm not sure if they'd keep Rouge as is. We'll have to see.

I can only think of Petey Piranha or King Boo, but neither of them have had any playable representation lately.

I read that Petey is in the new Mario Tennis game, so that's something.

I read that Petey is in the new Mario Tennis game, so that's something.

Actually, he's in Paper Jam.

I knew about Paper Jam (saw the boss battle during the Treehouse), so I was just ignoring that one.

Nonetheless, just re-read and realised I was reading the thing totally wrong anyway. :S

I wonder just how many newcomers we're getting. Assuming Zazz is a rival, we've got ten Mario characters and twelve Sonic. (The only veterans we're missing are Amy, Wario, and Waluigi.) Rosalina's practically guaranteed, but that gives us thirteen reps per team. I assume each side will have at least fifteen, so the only question is what remaining characters are big enough to deserve a spot?

I guess Cream and Toad could join, but Big and Petey are too, well, BIG to reasonably fit in with the others. If I had to choose, I'd add Espio and Toadette, but even that's pushing it a bit.

With the amount of characters their revealling I'm still unable to decide if it's going to be 8 or more new playable characters in order to keep the typings balanced. I'm also wondering who will be the new rivals in this game this time besides maybe the few remaining ones like King Boo, Dry Bones, maybe Birdo and Eggman Nega.

So far Typings have been balanced, so either we are getting a lot more characters(and there are still plenty of unique ones to do without getting into duplicates), or they go away from that, which seems unlikely

So far Typings have been balanced, so either we are getting a lot more characters(and there are still plenty of unique ones to do without getting into duplicates), or they go away from that, which seems unlikely

I've been keeping up with the balance typings, so it does look like their trying to keep a maintain on balancing the types even introducing the newcomers. I doubt they're removing anyone from the playable cast either.

The only character that would outright disappoint me if he ended up as the missing Mario Power type would be Metal Mario, beginning to infest this series with clone characters. I can't help but fear his chances are actually higher than the likes of Petey Piranha, King Boo or Dry Bowser, either.

• Thumbs Up 2

i am pretty happy about Sticks been on this game! :D this means she might be introduced with a sort of story!

i want to see what they got for us :)

i am pretty happy about Sticks been on this game! :D this means she might be introduced with a sort of story!

i want to see what they got for us :)

Speaking of Sticks, I must ask; someone on this topic said Sticks was made by Sonic Team. Is that really true?

And yeah, it is good to see Sticks in the game.

With the amount of characters their revealling I'm still unable to decide if it's going to be 8 or more new playable characters in order to keep the typings balanced. I'm also wondering who will be the new rivals in this game this time besides maybe the few remaining ones like King Boo, Dry Bones, maybe Birdo and Eggman Nega.

Who knows? Maybe we won't have rivals lol.

Speaking of Sticks, I must ask; someone on this topic said Sticks was made by Sonic Team. Is that really true?

And yeah, it is good to see Sticks in the game.

I don't remember the details (and I'm having a hard time looking them up), but Sonic Team did work on Sticks's design, yes, though it was a collaborative approach with BRB and SoA.  I think it was something like, they provided the initial character details and Sonic Team came up with the design?  Something along those lines.

I don't remember the details (and I'm having a hard time looking them up), but Sonic Team did work on Sticks's design, yes, though it was a collaborative approach with BRB and SoA.  I think it was something like, they provided the initial character details and Sonic Team came up with the design?  Something along those lines.

So, you think that Sonic Team designing Sticks would be a good enough reason for them to use her in this game, even with another company from America was involved with her creation?

I think it's fine.  The Olympics games are weird crossover titles already, so canon doesn't really come into it.  It's also cross-promotion between Rio 2016 and Boom Fire & Ice.  So it makes sense on a couple of levels, and at the end of the day, she is a Sonic game character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's fine.  The Olympics games are weird crossover titles already, so canon doesn't really come into it.  It's also cross-promotion between Rio 2016 and Boom Fire & Ice.  So it makes sense on a couple of levels, and at the end of the day, she is a Sonic game character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think who developed her has any bearing on rather or not she should be in the game.  She's prominent figure in the series right now, so she deserves her time in the light as much as any other character.

Just picked out this line from the Starfox Zero interview

And as for Amiibo, which seem to be popping up in every game lately? "It would definitely be great to get a Slippy Amiibo, but the Amiibo lineup is so full now," Miyamoto tells us.

If Miyamoto is hesitant to bring in Amiibo for like five first party characters, I doubt he'll do it for twelve plus first party and twelve plus third party characters. I think your wallets are safe.

I actually don't know if this Box Art was posted before, but according to this, the 3DS Version of this game will have Amiibo Support. Guess it's safe to say that the Wii U counterpart will have one as well. Sure, it's not an evidence, that new Amiibo figures going to be made.

Source: NintendoEverything

post-3074-0-80547800-1434885611_thumb.jp

Hm, I'm fine with Sticks, her inclusion is probably one of the big reasons we are finally getting a cast expansion. I just hope they go the full way, and at least half again the size of the roster. Still wondering when we'll get the official website for this, since that will clear up/reveal at least some of the cast, and hopefully we get the return of story mode in this one (I mean the real one with character interactions

I actually don't know if this Box Art was posted before, but according to this, the 3DS Version of this game will have Amiibo Support. Guess it's safe to say that the Wii U counterpart will have one as well. Sure, it's not an evidence, that new Amiibo figures going to be made.

Source: NintendoEverything

This doesn't mean new Amiibo figures will be made at all. In fact, it most likely will not. Supporting other Amiibo, though, isn't too much of a surprise.