Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

Regarding the lack of Espio...it could be because he has no voice actor anymore. Troy Baker recently became a Union voice actor in 2012* which was after he voiced Espio for Generations 2011. Game companies tend to be very fickle with unions, so that's probably a big reason why we haven't seen him in anything lately.

*My only source for this is TV Tropes' page for Troy Baker himself, so take that as you will.

Most of the VAs who do work for Sonic currently are union (SAG, I believe) actors though. Whether they're like Mike Pollock and gave up some union privileges to work on non-union stuff too, I'm not sure, but most of the games I hear these actors in are union projects as far as I know, so I'd believe current Sonic games/Boom fall under that.

Edited by Zaysho

We have some scans of those famitsu pages from Perfectly Nintendo, although it's in Japanese, so can't tell if there's any new info or not. My sisters will be happy there's boxing if it's on the wii-u side, feeling tempted on this one

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/famitsu-scans-of-the-week-december-17th/

38.jpg39.jpg

click for full size they are full scans

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering the new playable characters, the amount makes me want to see the next also add in Mega Man for even more potential. As far as Rivals are concerned, I think we might get some REALLY obscure characters like Melody Pianissima or maybe someone from WarioWare or even Punch-Out (which is technically part of the Mario universe). The large roster makes me kinda think this is the last one, even adding a non-game character on the Sonic side (I seriously hope for more non-game characters).

We have some scans of those famitsu pages from Perfectly Nintendo, although it's in Japanese, so can't tell if there's any new info or not. My sisters will be happy there's boxing if it's on the wii-u side, feeling tempted on this one

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/famitsu-scans-of-the-week-december-17th/

38.jpg39.jpg

click for full size they are full scans

Huh, so you can actually play as Ludwig von Koopa in this game. That's pretty cool to see, if you ask me. I wonder if any of the other Koopalings will be playable as well...

Huh, so you can actually play as Ludwig von Koopa in this game. That's pretty cool to see, if you ask me. I wonder if any of the other Koopalings will be playable as well...

I wouldn't be surprised, since they've been showing up everywhere. Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros., the NSMB series...

Wendy's playable, too:

• Thumbs Up 2

Ludwig is playable, YES! Can't wait to play as him some more. :D Also, seems like a bit more new playable characters were introduced while I was away, ones I didn't particularly see coming either.

Ludwig and Wendy who just so happen to luckily be my top two favorite Koopalings, are playable? I feel almost as giddy as when my wish/vote for Cloud in Smash came true!

Now, all that's needed to complete the giddiness meter is for Omega and somemore Deadly Six members to be confirmed playable.

I remember reading that Larry loved to play tennis. It would be great to see him in this or a tennis game proper

I think Larry's a safe bet, since he's the de facto Koopaling. Maybe we'll also get Toad and Toadette, but the multiple Toads in the soccer football event suggest otherwise.

As for Team Sonic, Cream, Omega, and maybe Storm seem like the best options.

Well, he's often the first Koopaling to be fought/ shown off whenever the seven siblings are introduced, he's pretty popular, has the most basic design, and he seems to be given the most attention. (The Mario 3 manual states he's Bowser's favorite, he gets the toughest fights in World and Superstar Saga, he was the only one to get a challenge dedicated to him in NSMBU, and his Smash 3DS trophy calls him the leader, though this was just a mistranslation) 

We've got 6 Mario newcomers so far (Rosalina, Diddy, Nabbit, Ludwig, Wendy and Dry Bones) and 4 Sonic newcomers (Jet, Wave, Rouge and Sticks). We're definitely getting at least 2 more Sonic newcomers to even things up, so who do you guys think they'll be.

I think Storm's pretty obvious since we already have Jet and Wave from Team Babylon. The second character choice probably depends on the archetype. Each team seems to have 16 characters each this time around with 6 newcomers per side, which would make each team have 4 of each archetype. Team Sonic left with 2 power characters in the past few games, so with Storm probably being the third power character on the Sonic side, someone like E-123 Omega would probably be the last Sonic character left.

Labeling the rest of the Sonic newcomers:

• Speed: Jet
  • Power: (Storm, Omega)
  • Technique: Wave
  • All-Around: Rouge, Sticks

The ladies could all fit in technique, really, but there would have to be two all-arounders for balance and I don't think that any of them would fit in Power unless Sticks is hiding something (Rouge's power is all in her legs).

The Mario side is a bit harder to classify, but I'll give it a shot:

• Speed: Diddy, Nabbit
  • Power: Ludwig?
  • Technique: Rosalina, Dry Bones?
  • All-Around: Wendy?

I think there will be more than 6 newcomers per side... I can't see Storm getting in before Espio... I hope the roster will double 

Right, so the Thanksgiving event revealed that all the deadly 6 and Sticks will be coming to this game on February 16th.

New Trailer for the 3DS version 

Holy Shit! sooo many newcomers, it's about time 

Image3.jpg

Edited by -Ace-
  • Thumbs Up 1

About damn time indeed. Still find it weird that we haven't seen a single thing about the Wii U version since it was first announced. Also looking at all these playable characters if Nintendo and SEGA really wanted to make money they would make amiibos out of all the playable characters. Just saying. Also the Koopalings vs the Deadly Six.

WOAH WHAT

• Omega, Espio, Cream and Nega confirmed playable?
  • Looks like there's gonna be some sort of an event simular to London Party.
  • There's new costumes for Miis, I liked the blue dancer one.
  • Looks like you can get special items like special boxer gloves to help in sports!

I just noticed that and it bothers the heck out of me. The koopalings are ripped right out of NSMBW, Wario is possibly from the first one I know I've seen before, Daisy and Blaze is wearing their winter olympics outfit and I cant remember the rest without getting frustrated.

I noticed that Toad isn't in that picture. I guess there wasn't mushroom for him....*leaves*

• Thumbs Up 9