Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

Mario got the meanest scowl I've ever seen on any game with him in it in a while. Like he's downright mean-muggin' Sonic there.

It's like he's actually pissed there's another one of these games.

Eh, least the inevitable Dream Events' locales and music are the only thing I'm looking forward to.

• Thumbs Up 2

Jet? Ugh, seriously? But even worse, Zazz. And yet still no Espio. Zazz, but no Espio.

SEGA is trying their hardest at not making me happy :

I figured they'd promote rivals long before refs, honestly. That said, if we get more than Zazz and the rival promotions, Espio should be next... hopefully...

But, still, I reiterate: isn't it possible that Zazz is a rival? Just commenting, I'm not sure exactly how they worked in past games.

I'm going to guess:

• Rouge will be Skill
  • Jet will be Speed (duh)
  • Nabbit is power
  • Diddy is All Rounder
  • Zazz will be Power

I figured they'd promote rivals long before refs, honestly. That said, if we get more than Zazz and the rival promotions, Espio should be next... hopefully...

But, still, I reiterate: isn't it possible that Zazz is a rival? Just commenting, I'm not sure exactly how they worked in past games.

I'm not even sure which one is Zazz. I think it's the Mushu knock-off, but I'm not totally sure.

I dunno, my Internet is too slow to watch the trailer right now. My information comes from the OP.

I'm not even sure which one is Zazz. I think it's the Mushu knock-off, but I'm not totally sure.

CGU7kf8VAAAOfVB.pngConfirmed in the Japanese DirectWii U / 3DSNabbit, Diddy, ZAZZ, Rouge, Birdo, Jet as new playable characters

• Thumbs Up 2

Zazz is the purple not!Waluigi guy. The one who'd like to pound Sonic's blue butt. 8I

Another thing I noted, Rouge is wearing her normal outfit instead of some sports gear.

I'm cool with the Deadly Six being here and hopefully in future games (probably just spinoffs for the most part). I mean, I don't really think they're any worse than a vast majority of the cast anyway. Most of the things people say about them are things that I could say about Eggman (doesn't really have any interesting development, doesn't do anything aside from boss fights and say stuff, etc.), and he's worshiped. Not saying I dislike him by any means, it's just that I really don't get the hate for them compared to the love for Eggman who isn't really any different, or even better.

Anyway, I'm curious about how many new characters might be introduced. I'm expecting maybe just one or two more but it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised. I think they've gone a few entries without new characters, so...I guess there's catching up to do? Best to keep expectations realistic tho'.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is tame compared to:

"Sonic" and "guns", "Why us Sonic in a car away Lmao", or "Sonic using swords? Absolutely trash".

Besides, it's just an Olympics title; you are gonna see certain characters you wouldn't expect them to do. Not like it has any heavy meaning or whatever. These games are just glorified party games anyway.

Now hold on, Sonic with a sword was actually freaking awesome. And him being in a car made sense for the All-Stars games. I can sit with those.

It's just...

Sonic

And

Golf.

Just... No.

• Thumbs Up 2

Please God, don't let this be a sign that the deadly six will be recurring characters, I'm begging you, please, don't let the deadly six be recurring characters! Seriously though WHY!!! WHY ZAZZ!? I mean if they needed a Zeti, why not use Zik or Zavok? At least I don't want to strangle THEM on sight. I mean dammit SEGA, Jet almost had me sold on this one too. I swear if turns out that Zazz got in over Omega I'm going to... Well I'm going to be very angry.

And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

I'm just so confused. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SONIC AND GOLF?!

Seriously, what is wrong with it? I just don't get it. Sonic's done far crazier things than Golf. Sheesh...

That said I am curious why Golf is even in this game. This is starting to look like its more "all around sports" than just Olympics. Since when has Golf been an Olympic event?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_at_the_Summer_Olympics

Oh... So they had it 2 years, then they just happened to bring it back in 2016. Huh. That's convenient.

The art really does look like everyone's pissed at Sonic about something and he could care less.l ol

I regret nothing. Except maybe my lack of humor on occasion.

gQ9kEef.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah we literally saw Eggman ballet twirling (!!!) in that meter-dash running event to nearly win, which by the way is just a work of art.

I'm just so confused. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SONIC AND GOLF?!

Seriously, what is wrong with it? I just don't get it. Sonic's done far crazier things than Golf. Sheesh...

That said I am curious why Golf is even in this game. This is starting to look like its more "all around sports" than just Olympics. Since when has Golf been an Olympic event?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_at_the_Summer_Olympics

Oh... So they had it 2 years, then they just happened to bring it back in 2016. Huh. That's convenient.