Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

Oh hey another olympics title. I haven't played any installment since the first one so maybe I'll give this one a shot also my man diddy kong is there 

Who's ready for all of the Amiibos that are inevitably going to come out of this?

RIP wallets of SSMB.

Dude I've been calling that shit for months now 

Is it me, or does Peach and Daisy have a new outfit now?

Not really, Peach and Daisy had those leotards in the 2012 London Olympic Games on Wii and 3ds. They only wore them during the gymnastic and aquatic events. Amy and Blaze also had different outfits that they only wore during those events, but instead of leotards, Amy wore a white and red swim skirt, and Blaze wore a black and purple swim skirt with black shorts. 

I really don't think we're getting Mario and Sonic Amiibo. Unless SEGA has tons of plans for more Sonic games on Nintendo in the future.

Plus, the Amiibo don't work on a game-by-game basis. Its on a franchise basis, not a game basis. So its Smash Bros. Amiibo, Super Mario Amiibo (they were released alongside Mario Party, but notice how it was never called the "Mario Party" Amiibo line, and not EVERY Mario Party character got an Amiibo?), very likely Donkey Kong Country Amiibo (DK probably won't be part of the "Mario" line), Splatoon, Legend of Zelda, etc.

If Amiibo were made for this game, it wouldn't actually be for -this- game, it'd just be for the characters from that respective franchise which don't have an Amiibo yet. Basically, all the Sonic characters, DK and Diddy (for the DKC line), Nabbit, probably Rosalina (I still think she's going to be announced later), Waluigi, Daisy, Wario, Bowser Jr., etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering they need to even out the character types first:

Rouge - Power

Jet - All-Around

Nabbit - Speed (or Skill)

Diddy Kong - Skill (or Speed)

Seems a bit odd, but Jet can only be Speed if there are at least 8 new characters, something I highly doubt they would do (Zazz is probably a rival) after not adding any new characters at all for two consecutive games.

I do not really see a potential rivalry between Diddy Kong and Jet, so either they will mix the characters' rivals up again or ignore that aspect for this game. Nabbit and Rouge, however, work fine as rivals being sexy thief/treasure hunter.

YEEEEEEEEEE

I really like the M&S games, can't wait to try this one out. New characters! :D

Another thing I noted, Rouge is wearing her normal outfit instead of some sports gear.

Awww, I was hoping for some badass alternate outfit like the one in Free Riders :\ Ah well, normal is good enough I guess. At least she's appearing as a playable character this time  ^_^

I'd buy this if I still had a Wii U, but I kinda don't. Sooooo, not much of a point in picking it up. I will say I am genuinely surprised that they're making another one, seeing how poorly Sochi sold.

CGU8NZHWgAAm24c.jpg

I wake up in the morning to see this and I'm actually stoked for this one. I hope that the aforementioned characters are really playable. Pretty please. Also the art cover is pretty bitchin'.

Ah, so this is really gonna happen, after all? Awesome.

I don't know about the rest of you peoples, but I've been waiting in anticipation for this one for ages now. At the very least, I finally have a game to be relatively pleased to purchase this fall now.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man, that cover is pretty rad. Previous covers show both Mario and Sonic being pretty friendly with each other. Nice to see some rivalry between the two.

Kinda looking forward to this. These games are actually fun to play with a bunch of people.

Also, leotards. Can't go wrong with leotards.

Nintendo has been putting Rosalina in literately EVERYTHING now, she'll show up for sure.

Also cool to see the Deadly 6 being used outside Lost world, I'm expecting them to show up in whatever Sonic spin-off titles happens in the future.

I'm curious why Rouge doesn't have a sports outfit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I knew it was going to happen, so no surprise for me.

Hopefully when we see it at E3 there will be a lot more to it.

I wake up in the morning to see this and I'm actually stoked for this one. I hope that the aforementioned characters are really playable. Pretty please. Also the art cover is pretty bitchin'.

They wouldn't add Diddy Kong and Nabbit for no reason. If Diddy and Nabbit were in past titles, that'd be one thing and I could reason they might be rivals (not that Diddy makes any sense as a rival). However, they weren't. Yeah, they're definitely playable characters, as are Rouge and Jet.

The only character who I'm iffy on is Zazz, but I think he's probably playable as well. So I think we've got at least 3-4 more characters, but I think it'd be odd if they promoted 3/4 Sonic rivals and not the fourth one (most likely Eggman Nega). So either Zazz is a rival or we could have even more than that.

Ohhkay, I'm going to do a count of new characters (again)

• Rouge
  • Jet
  • Zazz
  • Espio (I swear I think I saw his flag there)
  • Birdo
  • Nabbit
  • Diddy

Anyone else?

Rouge's flag is light blue and pink? What an odd colour choice for her.

M&S sochi barely sold units. So why make another game?.

It's called marketing a worldwide event i.e the Rios Olympics

They wouldn't add Diddy Kong and Nabbit for no reason. If Diddy and Nabbit were in past titles, that'd be one thing and I could reason they might be rivals (not that Diddy makes any sense as a rival). However, they weren't. Yeah, they're definitely playable characters, as are Rouge and Jet.

The only character who I'm iffy on is Zazz, but I think he's probably playable as well. So I think we've got at least 3-4 more characters, but I think it'd be odd if they promoted 3/4 Sonic rivals and not the fourth one (most likely Eggman Nega). So either Zazz is a rival or we could have even more than that.

I went back and saw the trailer and I definitely saw Nabbit and Rouge's flag in there so they're in the clear. However, I didn't see Diddy's, Jet, Zazz, Espio, Birdo yet but Diddy, Jet and Rouge look to be playable. Maybe more trailers in the future to confirm that I guess.

M&S sochi barely sold units. So why make another game?.

Because the games don't cost that much, plus the IOC funds it, anyway. It didn't sell that much, but it probably still made a profit.

Ohhkay, I'm going to do a count of new characters (again)

• Rouge
  • Jet
  • Zazz
  • Espio (I swear I think I saw his flag there)
  • Birdo
  • Nabbit
  • Diddy

Anyone else?

We sure Birdo is playable? I'm hesitant on Birdo because she appeared as a goalie opposite an Egg Pawn. Then again, they purposely recolored Birdo, so maybe.

And at that rate, I'd be fully convinced Eggman Nega was playable, because there's nothing stopping him from being an easy recolor of Eggman (plus he's been a rival in the past three games). That would also mean Omega would likely be playable, since he was in the past three games as rivals as well, along with Dry Bowser.

The other Mario rivals are iffy, since Bullet Bill can't possibly be playable, and King Boo is questionable due to not having any feet.

I went back and saw the trailer and I definitely saw Nabbit and Rouge's flag in there so they're in the clear. However, I didn't see Diddy's, Jet, Zazz, Espio, Birdo yet but Diddy, Jet and Rouge look to be playable. Maybe more trailers in the future to confirm that I guess.

Diddy is easy; he's definitely playable. He wasn't in past games. Odds are Jet is playable, too.

EDIT:

Found Jet's flag. Its REALLY hard to see, but:

https://youtu.be/3LW3tYylxHs?t=24s

Its in the back right and directly in the center. His flag is red and his head icon is green.

Sadly, in the snippet with Zazz you can't see any flags in the audience from the view given. You can in the rugby section with Diddy, but I haven't seen his flag yet, the flags are really hard to see in the rugby field.

EDIT 2:

https://youtu.be/3LW3tYylxHs?t=35s

I think that's Diddy's flag on the right side, just in front of Mario's flag. Its darkish red, clearly isn't any of the other flags, and resembles Diddy's color scheme. I can't tell what the symbol is.

Rouge's flag is light blue and pink? What an odd colour choice for her.

Would be better fitting for Espio. Well, I guess we know who won't be playable this time. Then again, Rouge had this very flag logo in Sochi already, just like Jet, visible in their Legends Showdown events.

Also, Birdo is NOT playable. Multicoloured Birdos were used as the goalie for the Football event in London 2012 as well, while the "original" Birdo was used as a Rival.

Would be better fitting for Espio. Well, I guess we know who won't be playable this time. Then again, Rouge had this very flag logo in Sochi already, just like Jet, visible in their Legends Showdown events.

I guess that doesn't prove they're playable, but I think its safe to say they are this time.

I just want Big the Cat to be playable. Would probably be an instant buy for me; if only for the absurdity of Big the Cat competing in the olympics.

Anyway, made a list of unannounced characters that have a relatively high probability of inclusion:

• Espio (already appeared as a ref)
  • Omega (already appeared as a rival)
  • Eggman Nega (already appeared as a rival)
  • Cream (already appeared as a ref)
  • Dry Bowser (already appeared as a rival)
  • King Boo (already appeared as a rival)
  • Kamek (already appeared as a rival)
  • Birdo (already appeared as a rival)
  • Rosalina
  • Captain Toad
  • Professor E. Gadd

I'm honestly just glad we're getting some sort of Sonic console game this year. To be honest, judging from the trailer, this looks pretty good! I'll definitely be buying both versions of the game.

I'm still confused as to why Sochii 2014 wasn't on the 3DS and just was exclusive to Wii U, but it's good to that this time around the Olympics are coming right back to handheld.

Also, yes! ZAZZ IS PLAYABLE! I hope the other Deadly Six characters are going to be playable to, and seeing more of their presence in other games past Lost World (Sonic Dash, Rio 2016) really makes me hope that the Deadly Six will return in another future Sonic game!

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT:

Found Jet's flag. Its REALLY hard to see, but:

https://youtu.be/3LW3tYylxHs?t=24s

Its in the back right and directly in the center. His flag is red and his head icon is green.

Sadly, in the snippet with Zazz you can't see any flags in the audience from the view given. You can in the rugby section with Diddy, but I haven't seen his flag yet, the flags are really hard to see in the rugby field.

EDIT 2:

https://youtu.be/3LW3tYylxHs?t=35s

I think that's Diddy's flag on the right side, just in front of Mario's flag. Its darkish red, clearly isn't any of the other flags, and resembles Diddy's color scheme. I can't tell what the symbol is.

I can safely confirm now that the flag in Edit 2 is in FACT Diddy Kong's flag. Its the star on his shirt.

I just want Big the Cat to be playable. Would probably be an instant buy for me; if only for the absurdity of Big the Cat competing in the olympics.

Anyway, made a list of unannounced characters that have a relatively high probability of inclusion:

• Espio (already appeared as a ref)
  • Omega (already appeared as a rival)
  • Eggman Nega (already appeared as a rival)
  • Cream (already appeared as a ref)
  • Dry Bowser (already appeared as a rival)
  • King Boo (already appeared as a rival)
  • Kamek (already appeared as a rival)
  • Birdo (already appeared as a rival)
  • Rosalina
  • Captain Toad
  • Professor E. Gadd

Oh, Kamek was a rival? HE is one I think is extremely likely to be playable, as well. Since a recolored Birdo is here, she just might appear as a full playable character, too. (Its a recolored Birdo so the normal Birdo can be differentiated.)

Omega, Eggman Nega, and Dry Bowser are likely additions as playable characters, too.

This is my reaction in fulll.

Because this means that Nintendo will almost certainly release Amiibo's on them all... and I will more than likely buy them... despite now owning nor will likely ever own a Nintendo Wii U or this game... 

Help me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, that is definately Rouge's flag. I mistakened it as Espio's.

Nabbits Flag is purple with his head on a white circle.

I'm guessing Zazz's flag will be like that boss board in Sonic Dash.