Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

As I just noted in the status, Rio will be the first new game with both Colleen as Tails post-Boom, AND the first with Eggman having a new JP voice due to Chikao Otsuka's passing. Neither were voiced in Runners were they?

Also, I remember people doubting this game would come when numerous Olympic folks were on Runners. I knew that wouldn't take up much time and resources and thus wasn't too concerned.

This is my reaction in fulll.

Because this means that Nintendo will almost certainly release Amiibo's on them all... and I will more than likely buy them... despite now owning nor will likely ever own a Nintendo Wii U or this game... 

Help me.

Why do you assume this? Frankly I can't imagine they'd actually make Amiibo for this game. They'll probably allow existing Amiibo to work with this game, but I don't see them making new ones.

Why do you assume this? Frankly I can't imagine they'd actually make Amiibo for this game. They'll probably allow existing Amiibo to work with this game, but I don't see them making new ones.

This is my reaction in fulll.

Because this means that Nintendo will almost certainly release Amiibo's on them all... and I will more than likely buy them... despite now owning nor will likely ever own a Nintendo Wii U or this game... 

Help me.

Uh, the game's on 3DS too. Amiibos work on new 3DS (old model requires a peripheral to use them). You could get that version.

They kept Zazz in Sonic Dash even after the Lost World event ended.

So, I think he's supposed to be the "face" of the Deadly Six.

Which is fine by me, because Zazz at least as a niche as a total psychopath.

Or I could not since I don't want a 3DS?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sort of torn on whether I think they'll do a new range of amiibo for this. On the one hand, yes, it makes perfect business sense and they'd sell a ton of figures - and shift a far greater number of copies of the game itself as a result - but on the other hand... I dunno, just the fact that it'd be branching out into a third-party franchise for a whole amiibo line makes me a bit wary. A separate Mario line and a separate Zelda line and a separate Splatoon line, all of those I can understand because they're all Nintendo, but introducing Sonic into the mix might complicate matters. I mean, heck, I'd love some more Sonic amiibo but part of me thinks it might be a pipe dream.

Maybe they could compromise and just have one special figure of Mario and Sonic (limited edition bundle, maybe?). Stick them in their pose together from the official art render, whack that on an amiibo figure base, voila! I'd buy that.

As I just noted in the status, Rio will be the first new game with both Colleen as Tails post-Boom, AND the first with Eggman having a new JP voice due to Chikao Otsuka's passing. Neither were voiced in Runners were they?

Also, I remember people doubting this game would come when numerous Olympic folks were on Runners. I knew that wouldn't take up much time and resources and thus wasn't too concerned.

You're implying that they'll make new lines for this game instead of reusing the ones from the 2014 game.

I'm sort of torn on whether I think they'll do a new range of amiibo for this. On the one hand, yes, it makes perfect business sense and they'd sell a ton of figures - and shift a far greater number of copies of the game itself as a result - but on the other hand... I dunno, just the fact that it'd be branching out into a third-party franchise for a whole amiibo line makes me a bit wary. A separate Mario line and a separate Zelda line and a separate Splatoon line, all of those I can understand because they're all Nintendo, but introducing Sonic into the mix might complicate matters. I mean, heck, I'd love some more Sonic amiibo but part of me thinks it might be a pipe dream.

Maybe they could compromise and just have one special figure of Mario and Sonic (limited edition bundle, maybe?). Stick them in their pose together from the official art render, whack that on an amiibo figure base, voila! I'd buy that.

I don't know man Amiibos are selling like hotcakes right now(people went as far as stealing a truck full of them) and seeing how well the sonic boom toys are selling(despite its quality) its proof that people will buy any toy with the sonic brands face on it really possible for use to get a M&S amiibo line 

CGU7kf8VAAAOfVB.png

Confirmed in the Japanese Direct

Wii U / 3DS

Nabbit, Diddy, Zazz, Rouge, Birdo, Jet as new playable characters

Cool. But not that surprising to me. And I don't think that this is Mach 2.

Jet being playable makes me happy, because while the Riders' series is probably all but dead, it means the Rogues are still going to at least be around in spin-offs and the like.

• Thumbs Up 2

Somehow as a historical joke to Sega's past, I want Tectoy to publish the game in Brazil.

Why bother creating a character model just to not make him playable? I mean, what?

Same question we've been asking for the last few installments. Jet, Rouge, Dry Bowser and a handful of others were put together, but not added to the roster.

Another one? I swear it wasn't so long since the last one they released on wii u. ( I keep forgetting about the wii u game too)  By the way, are these games still popular?