Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

I'm seriously excited right now. Like, REALLY excited.

Not for the game, no. I'll probably never play it. But it does mean we get more totally boss remixes from Sega that I'll be downloading and enjoying once someone provides a game rip

Literally unconcerned with having another M&S game aside from that. Just give me dat moosiks

• Thumbs Up 1

Not for the game, no. I'll probably never play it. But it does mean we get more totally boss remixes from Sega that I'll be downloading and enjoying once someone provides a game rip

Literally this is the only interest I have in this game, usually the OSt's are pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh, all my life I've wanted a Mario/Sonic and they just continue to rub it in my face with something that's not even remotely what I wanted... and I'll continue to buy it for completionist sake and then complain about it.  I really am a sucker.

Anyway, this one looks to be pretty okay.  At least, on the Wii U it does.  Nothing really stands out to me about it, but that's probably the version I'll be getting.  The 3DS version looks like it plays similar to a 3D Flash game with marginally better graphics.  Yeah, don't like the looks of it.

So basically, it's the usual M/S game affair.  Roll my eyes at the announcement, buy game anyway, realize that I'm fueling the demand by doing so, and then get mad when they inevitably announce another and I'm partly responsible.

• Thumbs Up 4

Another one? I swear it wasn't so long since the last one they released on wii u. ( I keep forgetting about the wii u game too) By the way, are these games still popular?

When this releases, it'll have been two years.

Another one? I swear it wasn't so long since the last one they released on wii u. ( I keep forgetting about the wii u game too)  By the way, are these games still popular? 

They've always done them every 2 years.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Well so long add this game avoids the Sochii Olympics game's buffers such as reducing the amount of events abd they're versatility as well the amputation of content in comparison to its predecessor, consider me finally stoked again for an M&S game after all these 4 years(I skipped acquiring Sochii)! :D

I'll only buy this if there's a lot more sporting events available and some kind of story mode. Otherwise I'll skip it like all the rest, but I will listen online to all those sweet remixes. =]

• Thumbs Up 1

When this releases, it'll have been two years.

They've always done them every 2 years.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Ah, right. Time goes by pretty fast. 0_o

... At this point, I'm starting to wonder if it's "bad" to like the Mario & Sonic games for their gameplay. It sure does seem like the music is the only thing that matters to most folks on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 3

... At this point, I'm starting to wonder if it's "bad" to like the Mario & Sonic games for their gameplay. It sure does seem like the music is the only thing that matters to most folks on the internet.

I've been wondering the same thing too for a while now.

Every game past the first one has shown great improvement, so I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying it at all.

It just gets really old after awhile, especially when there's so much you could do with Mario and Sonic in the same universe that isn't the Olympics.  It's for that reason that music is pretty much the only catch the M/S series has at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh no its not. Enjoy what you enjoy, the reason why I'm so bitter toward this franchise is that what i want to see Mario and Sonic together in a game that they are know for Kart Racing a platformer but instead they chose to go through this route what makes it worse is the excuse that "they have 2 different gameplay styles" which is hypocritical from SEGA's side since they pretty much been having different gameplay styles for the franchise several times. But besides that I'm actually am planning on getting the 2012 version since my friend told me its the best one and this new one looks like they are actually putting effort into instead of being some quick cash in the last one was(cgi intro, only one version of the game etc)

I'll only buy this if there's a lot more sporting events available and some kind of story mode. Otherwise I'll skip it like all the rest, but I will listen online to all those sweet remixes. =]

This needs to happen already. And no the shit in the 3ds games don't count. I actually want to see the Mario and Sonic characters fully interact in cutscenes on the console version. Complete with full voice acting. But that's unlikely due to Nintendos story phobia regarding the Mario series.

So... Neither Nintendo America/Europe or SEGA America/Europe has said anything about this game? I mean, I'm sure it's coming to the West. It would be ridiculous for it to be Japan exclusive, but I'm just kinda surprised that the game was even announced in a Japan exclusive Nintendo Direct in the first place, and even then, neither companies Western branches have released press statements (as far as I know) regarding the game and its release date window. Just comes off as odd to me. 

And I'm sure Rosalina will be in the game. She's been in so many other games lately (Smash Wii U/3DS, 3D World, Mario Kart Wii, 7, 8, Mario Party Island Tour, 10, etc.)  to the point where she officially seems like the 5th main member of the Mario crew (Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad). Though, if for some strange reason she's not in the game, it really won't affect my enjoyment and anticipation for this game at all. More playable Sonic characters is where it's at for me. 

Every game past the first one has shown great improvement, so I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying it at all.

It just gets really old after awhile, especially when there's so much you could do with Mario and Sonic in the same universe that isn't the Olympics.  It's for that reason that music is pretty much the only catch the M/S series has at the moment.

I think it's safe to assume Rosalina will be playable or unlockable. Sega and Nintendo seem to like having the female characters be at an even number, so with Rouge playable, that would leave the female roster at an odd number of 5. It is most likely that Nintendo will want a Mario character to even out the playable girls, and there's no denying it would have to be Rosalina. I just hope none of the other characters were replaced. There was no sign of Amy, Blaze, Wario, Waluigi, Vector, Bowser, or Metal Sonic in the video. Hopefully it's just because none of the clips they recorded happened to have them in game at the time. I already find it kind of odd that Amy wasn't on that promotional art. It would have made more sense to see her on there, instead of Knuckles, since it had Mario, Luigi, and Peach vs Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Amy would have been a better fit, since Peach is considered Amy's friendly rival in the series, just like Mario and Sonic, and Luigi and Tails are. Knuckles would have made more sense to be in the picture if someone like Wario were in the picture. 

So... Neither Nintendo America/Europe or SEGA America/Europe has said anything about this game? 

Well, they HAVE stated the reason that they haven't done a platformer.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/05/17/why-we-may-never-see-a-proper-mario-sonic-platformer/

These characters come from two totally different backgrounds, and have completely different worlds. If you do any kind of collaboration, you can’t just get them to run on one of the Sonic stages or vice versa. You have to create something from scratch, a neutral location. Nintendo and SEGA never managed to agree on just where or what kind of universe we could set a Mario and Sonic adventure in.

And I sort of agree. Mario and Sonic might both be platformers, but the universes and gameplay are extremely different. It's not easy to blend them together.

lol of course the game will be released in the west, we just gotta wait for the official confirmation from Sega which should come soon enough.

I look forward to there being absolutely no new characters in the game whatsoever.

Or at least ones I want in there.

Where the fuck is Rosalina in that lineup?