Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog Mk.II (Daft and Tolerating It)-PAGE 72, FIN

Dr. Crusher

-barges in- I'm not late! I promise!

...maybe I am. I haven't done anything towards the 30 Days this year, and to be honest... I don't know why, I might not be into Sonic as much now but it's still worth answering these questions to feel accomplished in some sort of way I suppose. But because doing all 30 right now would take forever, I'm gonna cover the first ten. So without further ado lets get to it!

1. Which game has your favourite boxart?

Sonicadventuredcog.jpg

Because I'm generic, or maybe it's just the influx of good memories. SA1's boxart is beautiful to me, the logo is in a perfect position and well emphasized and the use of such 'radical' and unforgettable art that would go on to become one of Sonic's all-time most famous poses up there with the index finger wag. It's also a very small detail but I've always been fond of the background too; it's a nice blend of futuristic and almost 'liquidization' with some really nice patterns going on to boot. If there was ever a full version of that background with no obstructions I'd snap it up right away (and knowing my stupidity there probably is and I havent been aware of it for fifteen years, lol)

2. If you could take a vacation in THREE settings/zones/etc in Sonic's universe, where would you go?

20080318-103524-000004.jpg

(I was actually Googling 'Mykonos' for images because I forgot Apotos was the Sonic stage and Mykonos is the real life counterpart. Hoo boy...)

Apotos has always been one of the most pretty Sonic locales to me, its influence from Greek architecture, windmills and the streets just look so homely especially at night. Also an ice cream vendor who's even still working when the Earth shatters apart! What's there not to love if you went there for a holiday?

20100104203841!Empire_City_Streets.jpg

Empire City because I swear I'm a total fetishist for city locales, especially super modern and largely occupied ones. It may be a little on the dull side in colors but it seems like such a cool place to be with its residents and the countless landmarks scattered around the hub area. It'd be a great place to visit for a holiday... just gotta avoid those spinning spike bars.

--- (can't think of a third, sorry!)

3. What new item(s) would you like to see in a future game?

I'd really like to see the concepts of elemental shields return to the Sonic series, with more variations than just fire, bubble and lightning. (just to put things straight,  I'm talking in a 2D environment here, not 3D). An air shield that grants Sonic a higher jump and maybe raises the speed cap a little would be a really nice idea for example. Overall I just really want some more spins on that overall concept, and something else I'd want to see return as an item is those rocket boots from Sonic Chaos, that shit was awesome.

6: What is the single most hilarious thing to come out of the entirety of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for you?

tumblr_mwjw8v2JPJ1s3ot0fo1_r1_500.gif

"honey, i think i broke the hedgehog"

Just Sonic's machspeed death animation. That's it. That's literally the only way to describe whatever the hell is supposed to be happening here.

7. Which character(s) do you think would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world?

Amy with how her life is probably the most human-like out of everyone in the Sonic cast, shown to be living in a large city amongst everyday humans at that and just shopping her life away. 

8. Which generally disliked games do you like regardless?

Heroes comes to my mind most here with the usual issues being controls, overly shiny nature of its lighting, cheesy dialogue etc but I feel like the game has its own really special charm especially in the idea its stages have, usually mixing together two tropes very much like the classics did a lot of the time; city and lava in Power Plant, vehicles and canyons in Rail Canyon, a unique spin with the frogs causing rain in Frog Forest, etc. Not to mention the kickass artstyle and music to back it up too, it has its flaws but I can't help but love it sometimes.

9: What's your absolute favourite portrayal of your top favourite character?

Amy in SA1, it's the best I feel she's ever been handled with it showing both a brash/brave and a very protective and caring side to her without overplaying either to the extreme, it creates a really nice and in my opinion very likeable blend that just hasn't really been seen elsewhere in the series from her. Really good stuff and I do still hope inside that we'll see the same nature from her in SEGASonic's future sometime.

10. What's your top favourite episode out of ALL cartoon episodes?

Whats that? We can mention the OVA as a whole?

SonicanimeVHS.jpg

Here we go then!

I love the Sonic OVA to bits, the Sonic CD artstyle it picked fits it perfectly like a glove and it has a really good mix of action and comedy rolled into one with one moment you have Metal Sonic peeking up Sara's goddamn skirt and Knuckles saying to Tails "I didnt think youd stoop that low..." and the next theres a heartfelt scene where Metal Sonic is trapped in the lava guaranteed to meet his doom and Sonic has to watch his own copy burn right before his own eyes.

The OVA also has a really good soundtrack with Look-a-like being a super catchy as hell track along with other background songs throughout the film. Still awaiting that clean soundtrack release, damn it...

13. What is the single most hilarious thing to come out of the entirety of Shadow the Hedgehog for you?

shadow-the-hedgehog-gunshot-o.gif

This one little second of CG right here just makes me crack up every time I lay my eyes on it. I really don't know what it is about this part in particular but it just does. Is it his tryhard edgy face? Probably. Just try to think for a second. The above gif is from the same series as this. That summarizes just how hilariously batshit this is.

14. Which deleted/beta/cancelled/etc concept from the franchise interests you the most?

hiddenpalacezone_shot1.png

Ah yes, my favourite Sonic level, Purple With White Lines And Other Such Mess Zone.

Hidden Palace has always been a point of interest in the Sonic series for me, alongside most other scrapped content in the Sonic series as a whole (such as the Sonic 1 beta, which I always love seeing new information be dug up regarding it).

Hidden Palace may have a 'full' form now that the Taxman remake exists, but it still leaves behind Dust Hill, Wood and Genocide City and whatever concepts those zones could've had going on had they turned into full-on fleshed out environments, and that's what really makes me find these things interesting.

And now... Bonus time!

BQ1. If a one-shot antagonist from the past HAD to come back in some way, which one would you like to see make a return?

Dark Gaia easily, Chaos is still my favourite of the 'monster of the week' rotor but Dark Gaia still has a lot of good potential for a return plot with something happening to the earth again, or maybe a specific date having been set to a second coming or something of the sort. It'd be neat to see him and Chip again and to see how Sonic and the rest of the cast would react to the situation (especially characters who didnt see him before!)

2: What are your top FIFTEEN (or less) overlooked BOSS tracks?

(in no specific order)

Metal Scratchin' from Sonic Rush

Bomber Barbara from Sonic Rush (Sweet sweet Amen break <3)

Poison Spear from Sonic and the Secret Rings

Blue on the Run from Sonic and the Secret Rings

It Has Come to This from Sonic and the Secret Rings

Deep Core from Sonic Rush Adventure (again, sweet sweet Amen break <3)

Blue Falcon from Shadow the Hedgehog (that beautiful GUN Bigfoot from SA2 inspired track <3)

Masters of the Desert from Sonic Adventure 2

Egg Hawk from Sonic Heroes

Never Let it Go from Sonic the Fighters

Metal Knuckles from Sonic Advance 2 (again again, sweet sweet Amen break <3)

Fight the Knight from Sonic and the Black Knight

And... that's all that comes to my mind. I hope 12 is enough!

3: If you ended up never being a Sonic fan, what would you hate to have missed out on the most, whether it relates to the franchise itself and/or otherwise?

Friendships, plain and simple. Something that I've taken home with me from being a Sonic fan is a lot of great people I'm happy to know and be friends with who I shall touch upon in just a couple questions' time, and you guys really do mean a lot to me. Stay cool!

4: If Knuckles, Silver, Vector, Big, Omega, Zomom, Erazor, King Arthur, Black Doom, and Giant Demon Man from Sonic 1 Beta Artwork engaged in an arm-wrestling competition, why would Tails be the winner?

because Tails is invincible I thought we'd talked about this before in the past SSMB havent you seen all those Sonic parody Flash animations

5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

Nooow we get to the big stuff. There's so many of you guys that are really cool, to name a few names, Soniko, Galabance, Felix, Jez, Penny, Aidan, Komodin, Celestia, Wraith, Osmium, Pink Cat/Uni (youll always be DOOM to me man), Nald... there's so many people I'm happy to know here and if there's any names I haven't mentioned don't worry because you're probably a cool cat in my book too most likely.

-----

Well, that's about it. I'm sorry I didn't contribute throughout the event like last year, but hey, better late than never is right isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 9

Alrighty let's finish up.

Bonus 1. One-shot antagonist you'd like to see again

I guess the GUN Commander, but maybe not necessarily as an antagonist.  I'd like to see him developed more from the trivia we got about him in ShTH's expert mode.  If they ever do a storyline where GUN could serve a role, I'd like to see him developed into a more fleshed out character, whether he's on the hero side or reluctantly has to go against them again for some reason.

Failing that, the Deadly Six deserve another shot, if only to give them an opportunity to become more than walking stereotypes now all those jokes are out of the way.

Bonus 2. Top Fifteen Overlooked Boss Tracks

Wow boss tracks are some of the best songs in Sonic, how could there be that many overlooked!?  Anyways:

1. Blue Falcon from ShTH - Very cool, atmospheric remix.  It's a shame that this is used for the GUN Mobile battle that ISN'T an emotional flashback in a way, but at the same time this one suits the space aesthetic better than Heavy Dog's interior battle.
  2. Black Doom from ShTH - I actually find this a very enjoyable boss theme, one of the better orchestra-style boss themes in the series.
  3. "Perfect Chaos Revival!" from Generations - I actually always found the orchestral phase 2 theme from Adventure really weedy and underwhelming, but Richard Jacques beefed it up beautifully here.
  4. "Theme of Final Factory" from Free Riders - eh a bit of a cheat since this is both final stage and final boss theme in Free Riders but fifteen tracks is a tall order!  I love that this has such a nice ambience to it, sort of intense but very cool and laid-back too.
  5. Metal Sonic from Sonic 4 - Not THAT overlooked but since Sonic 4's music is usually disregarded on the whole, this is one track that definitely needs to become a series mainstay.  It screams "Metal Sonic" to me far more than Stardust Speedway "B" Mix, which always felt more connected to the location than the character to me.
  6. "Poison Spear" from Sonic and the Secret Rings - Man this battle theme feels way too good for just a "first boss" theme.  So very good, I love the bridge section before the loop especially.
  7. "Theory of Attack" from Sonic Runners - I'm guessing in the long run this won't be an underappreciated track but since it's still fairly new and not everyone has picked up the OST doesn't seem like it gets talked about much.  But yeah all the music in Runners is godly and that includes this.
  8. Big Swell from Sonic Rush Adventure - One of my favourite final bosses in the franchise and a favourite boss song to go with it too
  9. "Boss Rushes (Guitar Ver.)" from Sonic Lost World - My personal favourite of The Deadly Six Theme, though of course wouldn't be as good without the framing of the regular version coming before it.
  10. X-Zone Boss 3 from Sonic Advance - Pretty intense theme, I'd love to hear this outside of the GBA soundfont one day - though that goes for most Sonic Advance music.
  11. True Area 53 from Sonic Advance 2  - Another cool final boss theme that comes from a lesser talked about soundtrack rather than being completely unappreciated.
  12. Non-Aggression from Sonic Advance 3 - As above.
  13. Boss Theme from Sonic 2 (Master System) - Well it was the Sonic boss theme of my childhood.  I still really like it.
  14. Boss Theme from Sonic 2 (Game Gear) - And even it's oddly different portable brother.  Both of these songs are ones that work nicely for both regular and final boss themes which is good considering that's what they serve as.
  15. Boss Theme from Sonic 1 (Master System/Game Gear) this one... not so good final boss material considering it's used for that too, but for the other bosses boy what a lot of fun it is.  Suits cheeky ole' Eggers for sure.

Bonus 3. What I would miss if I never got into Sonic

My online friends I met through Sonic for sure, and my online existence generally.  It all stemmed from finding Sonicanime.net while looking up Sonic X stuff.  My journey as an artist started through Sonic fanart too!

Bonus 4. Tails Arm Wrestling Victory Explaination

Tails is the winner because he knows better than to solve problems through petty shows of physical strength, so morally he was the real victor by refusing to even take part.  That's what he told himself when they all laughed him out of the Salty Spitoon anyway.

Bonus 5. Your Best Friends on SSMB

In alphabetical order for fairness, Inferno, Kevin, Lucky, Mahzes, Shauna, Soniko and possibly a few others I deeply insulted by forgetting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gonna tackle a few questions I missed out on.

Question #2: If you could take a vacation in THREE settings/zones/etc in Sonic's universe, where would you go?

Apotos

Gl6hpuMLDBc.jpg

Apotos definitely feels like one of the most ideal places that I would likely go to visit mainly because of its beautiful and remarkable appearance. One of the main things that it makes very appealing is the fact that it's right by the open sea which instantly provides you with a really stunning sapphire view. The beaming sun also surrounds the area with a very glowing warmth and grace that makes it look even more beautiful. At night, it also looks very peaceful and calm. In addition to that, it seems like it has a great environment filled with great company and accomplishment. It's surrounded by friendly locals, beautiful architecture and scenery which gives more than enough reason to take a holiday and venture on such a luxurious place that can treat you with many joyful and taseful wonders. It's quite intoxicating in a good way. Definitely one of the first places that I'd go to take a vacation on.

Twinkle Park

Twinkle_Park.png

I've always liked Twinkle Park mainly because of its mystical and enduring charm. It's a pretty cool and enjoyable theme park that would definitely be worth touring or staying at. It provides you with a nice magical attachment, bright visuals and mostly sparkling lights which make it stand out quite noticeably. In addition to that, it has a lot of entertainment to keep you busy. It has a pool, a pleasured castle, a bowling alley, bumper karts and a rocket roller-coaster ride which is more than enough to keep you entertained and satisfied.

SEGA Carnival

320px-SegaCarnival.PNG

SEGA Carnival needs to be a thing for real. It's kinda of like the Sonic/SEGA version of Disneyland. I absolutely love this level and it would definitely be a treat to visit and venture apon. The buildings from Samba De Amigo are lively and energetically atmospheric, the ship (from Billy Hatcher) is wide and grand which provides a great chance for some exploration to take place. The transition from the ship cannon firing you into a water slide provides some great fun and enjoyment as well as nice scenary as it surrounds the grand castle from Nights. Then you're literally just dropped right at the sight of the city of Crazy Taxi which just brings a very vivid and magical feeling what with the satisfying blend of various SEGA themes and I'd imagine that experiencing it for real would be very special and exhilirating.

HMs: Angel Island, Sky Sanctuary, Mystic Ruins, Night Palace, Emerald Coast, City Escape, Dry Lagoon, Frog Forest, Circus Park, Kingdom Valley, Spagonia, Gigan Rocks, Shamar, Adabat, Empire City, SEGA Illusion, Great Megalith, 80s/90s Boulevard, Blizzard Peaks, Blue Coast.

Question #3: What new item(s) would you like to see in a future game?

These are just off the top of my head. The good items would include:

Transportation box - Jumping on this box would teleport and send a certain character to a secret location in the level as a chance to collect some secrets and goodies.

Rocket power up - Hitting this box would allow Sonic to ride and manuvere on a rocket temporarily but he'd also have to avoid incoming obstacles. If not a rocket then maybe rocket type shoes?

Ice Shield - This shield would either freeze enemies creating small paltforms for Sonic to travel on or create icy pathways to help him travel above liquid surfaces. If not an ice shield then Hover Shoes could be a good alternative for travelling above these surfaces, it would a be nice alternative for those who find this as the least favourite part of the game.

Earth shield - This shield would surround Sonic with 4 pieces of rock and it would act by either: Sending shocks to the environment causing the destruction of enemies and I guess it could also manipulate platforms in a way to potentially benefit Sonic even further.

An item that would benefit Sonic for breathing under water similar to Knuckles' air necklace would also be pretty neat.

The bad items

Egg Mine - If Sonic happens to obtain this item then a floating mine will appear and start to follow him from behind. If the mine touches you then he will instantly take damage and lose composure.

Sticky Bomb - A bomb would appear to circle around you and if you don't manage to get rid of in time then you'll take damage.

Spike Bombardment - This would summon a small flying ship which drops hazardous items from the sky which you would have to narrowly avoid.

I have a few other ideas but they're more to do with rare and multiplayer items so I won't go into detail with those. Other than that, I'd like to see the elemental shields return and idea of gravity boots or even a shield that takes more than one hit also sounds good. I know these aren't the most imaginative items but that's all I can think of for now.

Question #4: What were the most difficult challenges for you during your early/younger years with the series?

Death Chamber (SA2)

sonic-adventure-2-e1342467146818.jpg

This was one of my least favourite stages. The enclosed corridors in this level were quite a nuisance for me especially while you were constantly manuvering and those big ghosts circling around just plain freaked me out and sometimes made me lose concentration on finding the keys as they looked freaky to me.

Egg Golem (SA2)

320px-Sa2_egg_golem_sonic.jpg.png

It's hard to believe that I had so much trouble with this boss as a kid. The reason being is because I thought falling in the quicksand as Sonic immediately meant instant death. I had no idea that you could escape from the quicksand by jumping repeatedly until later on. I ended up falling from the platforms a lot. There was also a case of Sonic performing a homing attack without me pressing the button twice. Whenever I was trying to jump across the platforms on his back, Sonic would sometimes randomly do a homing attack and I would fall. I had no memory card either so even after I successfully completed a majority of the hero side, I would end up doing these levels and bosses again and again. Lol. This one gave me so much hassle though.

Lost Jungle (Heroes - Team Sonic and Team Dark)

320px-Sh_Lost_Jungle.png

One of the most difficult challenges for me during my younger years with the series would definitely have to be the ending of Lost Jungle in Sonic Heroes. I found the alligator chase very hard which I suppose is because it was very frantic and you had to react quickly by swinging from vine to vine. Problem was I ended up dying a lot, I think it was the fear of getting hit that probably got to me and I kept screwing up during the middle of that section. It was kind of half and half. Sometimes, I would time my jumping really badly or for some strange reason, I would just end up falling after swinging. Very annoying. Me and my cousins attempted this part a lot but we kept dying so many times, there were a few close calls but we always ended up falling to our doom just as it seemed like we were making progress which was very frustrating.

Final Fortress (Team Dark)

350px-Heroes_E-2000r.PNG

This level was quite the challenge with Team Dark especially since their gameplay was more difficult based meaning there were more enemies, more extreme hazards and not many checkpoints meaning that you'd have to restart lsome engthy sections if there was ever a case of death occuring. I screwed up a lot during the rail sections where you had to avoid the lasers. I performed so many badly timed transitions when it came to the rail sections. Didn't help that I was playing the PS2 version. I remember dying a lot as the level was very intense and quite chilling too.

Sonic Vs Blaze (Sonic Rush - Final part of the fight)

250px-Sonicvsblaze.png

This was probably one of the most intense challenges that I've ever experienced in Sonic. The button mashing part was insane for the first experience. That's when things got really heated up and crazy. I had to pause the game after a while since my fingers started aching and hurting so much. Additionally, there was also that long stretch near the end where you are close to pushing Sonic or Blaze off and that specific moment really felt like it went on forever. It was a real kneck on kneck moment between you and the boss when it came to that boost/clash moment.

Sky Road (Sonic Riders)

Sky_Road.PNG

What I found most challenging about this track was the fact that there were quite a few long corners that had no barriers which effectively increased the risk of you falling off the level making it really hard to avoid. I slipped off a lot. Didn't help that I was kinda bad at the game during my first experience and I didn't quite manage to take full advantage of the shortcuts. Even when attempting to go through the fly formation shortcuts, I wasn't quite successful at performing a high trick to enter those dash rings as Wave which meant I ended up falling through the gaps near the end of the level. I found it really difficult and it took me a long time to finally reach first place in the race.

Chaos Angel Act 3 (Advance 3)

maxresdefault.jpg

This was irritatingly hard for me when I was younger. The fact that you're stuck on a floating platform and have to manage to stay on board while avoiding spikes and collisions with enemies was intense. There's even the danger of getting crushed which meant you had to keep focused. I plummeted so many times which led to so many deaths and game overs. I even got crushed by surprise because I didn't expect it. So many memories of frustration. Haha.

Honourable mentions: Sonic 2 Final Boss (Unfair), Carnival Night (Barrel), Sandopolis Act 2, Death Egg Act 2, Eternal Engine, Mad Space, Final Chase, Knuckles' section in Cannon's Core, Missions of SA2, Egg Emperor, Mystic Mansion (as Team Sonic and Team Chaotix), Cosmic Fall, Getting gold in Sonic Riders, The End Of The World, Skeleton Dome, Erazor Djinn, Eggmanland, Altitude Limit, Twinkle Snow (Boss), Sky Babylon, Lancelot Returns.

Day 5: What sort of unseen or unrecognised interpretations/traits do you like to imagine for certain characters?

Knuckles - He is actually wise and a also an expert in carrying out plans and hidden traps for his enemies.

Shadow - I think Shadow genuinely does care about his friends and really appreciates and loves the company that they surround him with (mainly Rouge and Omega) but sometimes he chooses not to strongly express this feeling to an extent in worry of their safety incase something bad might happen to them which could potentially put their lives at risk and he doesn't want to see history repeat itself. There'll be occassional moments where he does loosen up, express and show his gratitude and appreciation towards them (e.g. his response to Rouge in 06) but he tries to keep it a certain limit which I think is ultimately for good intentions (for the better wellbeing of his friends). I suppose that he would express his caring side during the peaceful times since he genuinely enjoys the calmness and peaceful side of life.

Silver - I like to think that Silver is very intrigued about certain environments in the world and nature in general. In 06, he seemed to really embrace the scenary of Dusty Desert and was astounded to find himself in Soleanna Forest since he was surrounded by all sorts of vegetation and greenery (grass, leaves etc) so I'd imagine he genuinely has an interest in that which could ring true considering he's possibly not so used to seeing this type of stuff in his world.

Question #12: What is your most nostalgic memory with the franchise?

My most nostalgic memory with the franchise would definitely have to be playing SA2 in general. It was one of the first Sonic games I played that really got me into the series along with Heroes and Adventure DX. I would constantly play this game with my cousins and friends during all the free time we had. I would just pull out the gamecube, jump into the game and have an endless amount of fun with it. The intro is very nostalgic what with all the characters appearing, being introduced and making certain poses. When I first got the game, I never had a memory card and neither did my cousins for their gamecube so whenever I was playing the game at home or around their house, I would always try to accomplish as much as possible with the game. Usually the Hero side of the story was the main campaign that I was regularly trying to beat. I would also invest so much time with the multiplayer mode with friends and we had definitely had a really enjoyable experience with it. We really loved this game a lot, the cutscenes, the music, and the various content provided a lot of enjoyment and it still brings back so many good memories.

Sonic Heroes is also nostalgic to me too as it was also one of my first games. I was really hooked to it and somehwat interested in the team dynamic that was being shown. There was also a lot of advertisement concering Heroes (e.g. Mcdonald toys, trailers) that increased my interest in the game. Other memories would also be Adventure DX (the opening was awesome and still is), roaming around and exploring Station Square and Mystic Ruins, watching Sonic X on Jetix and CITV, playing Mega Collection and Gems Collection (delving further into the franchise, playing some of the classics and listening to the extra menu music which was very relaxing and refreshingly soothing and still very nostalgic to this very day).

Question #14: Which deleted/beta/cancelled/etc concept from the franchise interests you the most?

In general, everything about 06 as there were lot of interesting ideas and concepts that never made the final version which was a shame. In addition to that, Knuckles and Shadow originally being in Unleashed (apparently), that would have been nice too if they were involved in the story somehow. I remember Shadow being one of the answers in a quiz for the HD version but that was it.

Question #15: What little things do you like to do in the games that isn't an inherent gameplay goal?

Sonic 3 and Knuckles: Looking up when a boss appears for mainly cinematic reasons and repeatedly jumping up on the signpost to avoid it touching the ground.

Sonic Adventure: Generally exploring the hub worlds and environments of Station Square, Mystic Ruins and The Egg Carrier. I also like to talk to the people who are located in those specific environments. I also ended up carrying that statue that looked like a real person (The owner of some shop).

As Sonic, I like to perform the start of the light dash and once Sonic is surrounded in his blue aura (in preparation of performing the move), I hold the button so Sonic can keep his aura and I just continue running and moving in that state for as long as the game allows me to do so. Also in Casinopolis, I sometimes purposely spent a lot of my time in the NIGHTS Pinball table so I can briefly visit NIGHTS' world and the music is also soothing in a way when I'm successful in doing so.

Sonic Adventure 2: Listening to the sound test and changing the character customization screens to hear their responses and voices throughout the menus of the game. Rouge and Eggman's responses in particular made me chuckle when you changed to a different character from them.

Eggman: What, you don't like me?"

Rouge: What?! I'm not good enough for you?

As Knuckles, I like to climb up very high in certain places and then just drill dive all the way down. I found it quite exhilrating and fun, especially in Meteor Herd. Exploring some of the Tresure Hunting areas as both Knuckles and Rouge was quite fun too.

Pissing off Omochao was very enjoyable for me too. Carrying him around while hearing his squeals for help and then launching him right at enemies was very satisfying. Bouncing on him as Sonic was fun, Drill diving on him as Knuckles/Rouge was also cool and shooting him down as Tails/Eggman was just downright hilarious. His responses never failed to make me laugh, he'd either be confused or pissed off with you. XD

Sonic Heroes: Sometimes, I would try and make certain characters run alone. I even let the gold jellyfish robot take one of team mates at one point as I wanted to experiment something.

Sonic Rush: When finishing a special stage, I like to jump over the halfpipe to make it look like Sonic is doing a flip in a way to show that he was successful in completing the stage.

Rush Adventure: When it comes to using the Submarine, I like to tap the stylus and make sure that the sound of enemies being destroyed keep in synch with the music.

Sonic Unleashed: Similar to Adventure, I tend to look at the environments of hub worlds, pause and just view the lovely scenary while at the same time I venture off and start exploring the areas, talking to all the townspeople and seeing side plots form and take place. They have the most interesting and insightful things to say at times and it's pretty cool to see all of their small plots develop.

Secret Rings: In general, viewing the fanservice, the concept art, watching the various videos and listening to the soundtrack.

Black Knight: Looking at the gallery which contains the concept art, cutscenes, character profiles, a backstory on the Arthurian legend, listening to the enjoyable voice clips and watching bonus videos that showcase fanart from all over the world accompanied by a beautiful violin version of "It Doesn't Matter". The storybok games had very cool bonus features.

Question #16: What is your favourite cheat and/or glitch?

Abusing the gems in Sonic 06. Since Sonic's action gauge never runs out, you can use the gems unlimitedly. I used the Purple Gem to skip certain sections of Aquatic Base, it's also quite funny and cool seeing Sonic reduced to shrink. The red gem which slowed down time also made easier to obtain S ranks and in general, I just messed around with the Sky Gem too. I thought that the metal cheat in Heroes was also pretty cool too as the characters looked quite awesome in metal form.

There's also this glitch from Unleashed which I've actually managed to perform before which I thought was quite cool.

Question #19: Regardless of how close or how far the similarities start and finish, which character(s) would you say you sound the most similar to?

I geuninely think I sound quite similar to Scott Drier's Knuckles voice since it's rather deep sounding in a way.

Question #21: Which character interactions would you like to see that aren't common?

Charmy: Shadow, you're so cool!

Espio: Don't listen to him, he's just trying to trick you. You've got to focus. Destroy him and let's get out of here!

Vector: Hey Shadow, you okay?

mqdefault.jpg 

Shadow and Team Chaotix - I liked their brief interactions in Shadow and Sonic X so it would be nice to see more of this. Could possibly allow Shadow to get out of his comfort zone a bit more. I could imagine The Chaotix (mainly Vector and Charmy) getting up to no good and performing many antics leaving Shadow open to all sorts of reactions bordering from surprise to slight confusion or annoyance. I get the impression that Charmy really looks up to Shadow and admires him so why not expand on this by revealing Shadow's reaction to this? Espio and Shadow have also proven to work well together in the past (STH) so I'd imagine he'd bring out the best in Shadow and Vector would probably use a bit of comic relief to lighten the mood in attempt to make Shadow more comfortable within the group. It'd be fun to see this type of interaction between them again.

The Chaotix with anyone in general would definitely be worth seeing as you'd get more entertainment and laughs out of the situations they may put themselves into with other characters.

Espio: Be safe, Silver.

Silver: You too, Espio.

espio_and_silver_by_schoman3-d2zzl86.png

Silver and Espio - These two developed a nice relationship together in Rivals 2 and it would be good to see it again. Espio knew that there was no evil intention from Silver and once he put his trust in him, Silver started opening up to him and the two started to form a strong unit where they effectively worked together and helped each other when the situation got rough. They even thanked one another and both wished the best for each other's safety before they parted ways. It would be nice to see more of this interaction again and this could possibly allow Espio to introduce Silver to the rest of the Chaotix to form more uncommon interactions.

Omega: THERE IS NO REASON TO DOUBT SHADOW AND ROUGE. THERE IS NO REASON TO TRUST THE REST OF THESE MEATBAGS.

Omega and anyone outside of Team Dark - As much as I love Team Dark's relationship, it would be cool to see Omega interact with other characters just to see how he would react and whenever he could possibly form a civil alliance or just immediately clash with that person which would be entertaining. The way he abused characters outside of Team Dark in Chronicles was priceless, so it would be interesting to see him paired up with a character that you wouldn't expect.

Rouge: Come on, Sonic.

Sonic: Hmph.

*They both walk off*

Knuckles: Oh, I see! It's two against one now!

2680Sonic_Rouge_Knuckles_2.jpg

Sonic and Rouge -  As much as I love seeing Knuckles and Rouge's interactions (mainly in Sonic X, SA2 and Rivals 2), I wouldn't mind seeing her with Sonic too. They've had a few occasional interactions in Sonic Battle, Sonic X and Sonic Rivals 2 so I wouldn't mind seeing this developed a bit. They noticeably share a few similarities in terms of attitude and quirks which shows potential in how good they could be when working together (this has also been shown a bit in Sonic X when it was Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge working together) but they also have dissimilarities which opens room for them to have some potential tension and conflict. I imagine Rouge would also be quite flirtatious towards Sonic like she was in Chronciles which made Amy flip. I wouldn't mind seeing this more but I doubt we will. Even seeing all three interact like they did in Sonic X would be nice too.

Shadow: What are you doing, Metal Sonic?! You'll destroy yourself!

Sonic_Rivals_2_-_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_4.pSonic_Rivals_2_-_Metal_Sonic_4.png

Shadow and Metal Sonic - If there was ever case of Shadow working with the Doctor again then I wouldn't mind seeing him and Metal Sonic together again like they did in Rivals 2. Shadow definitely showed some concern for Metal Sonic's wellbeing and safety throughout their alliance especially when MS forcibly opened the centre of his body to take out the emerald he had inside of himself. Safe to say that Shadow got along with him better than Sonic himself. Lol.

Other interactions I'd like to see more of - Knuckles and Shadow, Silver and Amy, Sonic and Vector, Charmy and Cream, Blaze and Amy, Sonic and Silver, Shadow and Silver.

Question #22: Which commercials are the most memorable for you?

This is the most memorable commerical to me as I saw it on TV quite a lot back when they were advertising Sonic Heroes in McDonalds. I still love those toys. The english version had different music playing though, it was more upbeat and lively which fitted well with Sonic dancing with the kids on the football field. I think it might have been a remix of the Mcdonald theme. It always brought a smile to face, I always thought it looked cool since Sonic was there and brought fun into the atmosphere. Additionally, it also had a voice over from Ryan Drummond saying "I'm loving in too!" at the end with Sonic giving a thumbs up pose which was a nice touch too.

Question #25: Which of the franchise's art styles do you like the most?

The Adventure art style. What makes it stand out to me are the radical and flexible poses that certain characters pull off. They are bursting with so much flavour and attitude which allows you to really see their facial expressions which stand out in a very cool and unique way. The Unleashed art style is very great too as it is very detailed, beautiful and bursting with so much ambition and heart.

Question #27: Which character(s) do you feel get a bad rep that they don't deserve?

silver.jpg

Silver The Hedgehog. I notice that he recieves a lot flak mainly because he debuted in 06 and people tend to mention how annoying his attitude and voice is but I disagree with those statements. I like the character and his traits which I find rather interesting, he's actually one of my favourites. I really liked his original voice too. He's naive but good natured and he ultimately wants to see the best come out of every bleak situation. He's very passionate, brave and always determined to do whatever it takes to protect and ultimately save his world. I have no problem with his design and his powers make him a potential threat to his enemies too. He still has so much more potential to give and I think it's a shame that it might not be seen again.

chip2.jpg

Chip is also another character that I don't think deserves the bad rep. I really like him, a very funny and wise character which made him nicely rounded. All the complaints about him stealing Tails' role is nonsense, Sonic should be able to develop other relationships and bonds with other characters and the friendship that he develoepd with Chip throughout the whole adventure of Unleashed was a very nice one. Very genuine and enjoyable to see them bond with one another whether it was in the cutscenes or general text box dialogue when giving Chip food.

I'd love to answer more questions but I genuinely don't think I would have enough time to do so. It would probably take me a long while so I'll just stick with this amount for now.

Question #24: What was your most intense or nerve-wracking IN-GAME moment(s)?

Approaching the final stage of Sonic Heroes as all teams was pretty intense. Soaring through the air and entering Final Fortress just said it all. The dark, bleak and story atmosphere of the level made it quite chilling for me too. It pretty much screamed to me "This is it! You're at the final stage, this is where everything counts. You've made it this far, there's no going back now. It's now or never. Strive on ahead to face Eggman and don't hold anything back!" Getting through this level took a lot of effort and brought a strong intense feeling since it was near the climax of the game. The music was also a strong driving force in this level. It fitted so well with the mood and scenery of the level and was dominative which made the level even more intense.

The final moments before approaching Eggmanland was pretty intense too. When going through the 2nd battle of Tornado Defense, the music noticeably sounds different. Essentially the same as the first but more darker sounding and haunting in a way which perfectly represented the current situation that you were about to face. Surrounded by darkishly red clouds, you're on your way to face the most epic challenge ahead of you and from this point on, shit is about to get even more real as you face one of the most imposing levels to ultimately save the world. Eggmanland itself also proved to be even more intense but the build up is quite effectively chilling and once you enter Eggmanland, the intensity continues to build up as everything counts from this point on.

Cannon's Core in SA2 brought similar feelings too what with everyone working together to save the fate of the world. Everything was at risk, including their lives which made it quite intense too.

Question #26: What is your SINGLE most favourite aspect/character/etc to come out of any non-game media?

It would probably have to be the good natured humans in Sonic X. Chuck, Ella, Mr Tanaka and Topaz in general since they all formed bonds and close relationships with Sonic and co. They welcomed Sonic and his friends into the Thorndyke household, they developed singular friendships with each other (e.g. Sonic and Chris, Tails with Chuck, Ella with Amy, Cream and Cheese, Rouge with Topaz etc). They protected Sonic and co from public hassle, government attacks and assisted them as much as they could when the going got tough. Their interactions with the Sonic characters provided some playful banter and humor. There was a real family/friend unit formed between them all which was quite nice in a way.

• Thumbs Up 2

DAY 20: LETS GO OUT TO THE LOBBY TO GET OURSELVES SOME CHILI DOGS

SONIC CD ENDING

Like Chrusher, I first saw CD's opening and ending in Mega Collection, I was wowed by the animation, especially since it reminded me of the OVA.

Both the opening and the ending are great, but I like the ending a little a more. It's cool to see all the zones, especially the race with Metal Sonic in Stardust Speedway, I always thought that was cool. I love Sonic's expressions during the ending, he's wearing a serious frown through most of it, except when he's destroying badniks, then he's got a cocky smirk. As far as the music, I like both soundtracks, but if I had to choose, It would be Cosmic Eternity ~believe in yourself~, it's a wonderful song, and Keiko Utaku has a great voice.

SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES: HIdden Palace to Sky Sanctuary

This might just be my favorite cutscene, I've probably played hidden palace more than any other zone in S3&K because of it.

It's when thinks really get good, after whooping his behind, Knuckles finally sees who the bad guy is. Robotnik is great in this scene, stealing the master emerald right from under Knuckles' nose, and the electrocutes the poor, gullible echidna. I love that the game lets you attack Eggman while he's doing it.

SONIC ADVENTURE OPENING

There's so many things to choose from, but I had to go with the opening, it's just too awesome, it's still the best opening in my opinion. I think the Animation still holds up pretty well too. I love how it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 29:YOU FORGOT THESE TRACKS IN YOUR LIST

1) SONIC 1 Special Stage

I don't hear many people talk about this one, but I've always loved it. I think it fits very well with the psychedelic feel of the zone.

2) SONIC 2 Aquatic Ruins

This whole stage is under appreciated. The song has a sort of ruin-y sound if that makes any sense, but it also fits an under water theme too. It's also my favorite track from sonic 2.

3) SONIC SPINBALL OPTIONS

This track is extremely catchy, and I've put on SPINBALL just to go to the optins and listen to it. I think it kind of fits SatAM too. A lot of people find it grating, and I can see why, but it doesn't bother me.

4) SONIC 3 Desert Palace

All of the competition mode music is excellent and under appreciated, but this one has been my favorite since I was little. It's cheery, but also sad sounding

5) SONIC & KNUCKLES Lava Reef Act 1

I have always loved this one, it's very beautiful, I'm surprised it's not more popular. This is just one of those songs that will stay with me forever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 30:TRIPLE THE STORY TRIPLE THE FUN

SONIC UNLEASHED x SONIC COLORS DS x SONIC ADVANCE 3

"Dr. Eggman has stolen the master Emerald and split the world apart. It's up to Sonic, his friends, and his new friend Chip, to find the master emerald, the chaos emeralds, the Gaia temples, and put the planet back together."

So take unleashed's plot, remove the wherehog, add the characters from colors DS, and add eggman stealing the master emerald from advance 3. The big thing here is that, in the hub worlds, you'll find Sonic's friends as NPCs. They chat with you, and have missions for you. They will also be in cutscenes as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS STAGE: IT'S NOT OVER TILL IT'S OVER

BOUNS QUESTION 1: MAKE IT A TWO-SHOT

While I'm not crazy about the deadly six, I do like Zazz, he's amusing. I wouldn't mind seeing him another game.

BOUNS QUESTION 2: UNDER APPRECIATED BOSS MUSIC

1) Sonic cd JP/EU

An unusual piece of music for a boss, but it works, I love the funkiness it has and I think it fits very well with CD.

2) Sonic cd US

This one trades in funkiness for spookiness, and it also fits well with CD. It's very ominous.

3) Sonic 3 Mini Boss

I love this one, it's just too good, though it's also a bit unusual for a boss. We need more hip-hop in Sonic

4) Sonic 3d blast Genesis/Mega Drive

I love a lot of 3d blast's Genesis/Mega Drive music and this no exception, it's very energetic and fits Eggman well.

5) Sonic Adventure: Zero

This just screams "boss", and it's been known to get stuck in my head.

6) Sonic Adventure: E-101 Beta Mk.II

This one is also funky, I love the horns, and the synths are great too.

7) Sonic Adventure 2: Tails vs. Eggman/Knuckles vs. Rouge

I love the guitar and synth in this one,

8) Sonic Advence Final Boss

This one is very calm, but it still feels right for a final boss.

BOUNS QUESTION 3: IF I WASN'T A FAN

Sonic is not only my favorite series, but my first series, so I think what I'd miss most is the memories. I have a lot of fond memories with sonic.

BOUNS QUESTION 4: WHY TAILS WOULD WIN AN ARM WRESTLING CONTEST?

Because Tails is awesome, but also because he would use brains to overcome there brawn.

BOUNS QUESTION 5: DEAR MY FRIEND

Even though I said I was going to in the last 30 days, I still haven't done much in the friends (and posting) department, but I'm going to this time.

I have Two cool people on my friend list, Ryan and Osmium. And I have to thank to two other cool people, Dr. Chrusher and Kiah. If it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't have started posting here.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well since it looks like I'm in the clear, I think I'm gonna say thanks.

Thank you Crusher, for making, I said this before, a worthy successor to the first 30 Days. I am certain it wasn't easy for you to put the effort, dedication and time to make this happen.

I will thank Kiah for help managing the post activity and help update on the what's happening in the event, to sound repetitive I'm sure it wasn't easy on your part as well.

Also Soniko a huge thanks for putting the time to make the badges and also even if those badges are WIP, they look flipping amazing! 

Love ya guys, love ya all! 

Might be short but I do mean every single word here.

• Thumbs Up 5

Alright, let's do some fixing, shall we?

Day 6: What was the most unintentionally funny moment to come out of Sonic 06?

Easy. This little gem right here;

That is freaking hilarious the way Shadow uses Chaos Control to stop time just so he can roundhouse Silver in the head. I mean, I have nothing at all against Silver, but still, I can't help but laugh when I see this scene.

Day 13: What was the most unintentionally funny moment to come out of Sonic 06?

Okay, first off, why is 'FOURTH' in capital letters like that?  Especially when Shadow's actually emphasizing the 'damn' when he speaks. But this line. This... line. Who in the world wrote this line? Who at Sonic Team actually thought this was a good idea? It just seems to come out of nowhere and it just emphasizes how 'try-hard' and 'edgey' this game's story was. And failed at being. But that's why this line is so freaking hilarious. Just because of how ridiculous it is. xD

• Thumbs Up 4

FIXING THINGS UP! 

I edited question 11 already, and you can view it on Page 29. I removed my second item as I was only required to put down ONE item. 

Question 13: What is the funniest thing to come out of Shadow for you? 

Ehhh, I never really found anything in the game funny. 

I guess I find it hilarious in how fucking annoying Sonic is in most of those cut scenes. It's funny because you can tell that they were trying to make Sonic as happy and juvenile as possible to compliment Shadow who was going through his angsty teenage phase.

Sonic is so flanderized throughout the whole game. His cheesy lines were taken up to eleven and he sounds like a little kid, or at least a little brother to Shadow or something. 

It's not really as funny as it is cringe-worthy and annoying, but whatever. 

This is a lazy post but I don't really have anything more to say. 

I have removed the last line of this post, as I was required to say only ONE thing. 

Next question! 

Question 16: What is your favourite glitch/cheat? 

Can I just post this video and call it a day?

Cause it's pretty funny. 

So, I definitely should have said more about this video. First of all, that was some pretty great usage of the Purple Jem, which can be used infinitely because Sonic Team didn't have enough time to implement the actual usage metre. 

Next, it is hilarious how easy it is for Tails to get out of his intended area. Like, there are no invisible walls or anything to even stop him. And then he just keeps going! There is nothing that can stop him! 

It's just extremely funny how broken most of these levels are. I wonder how many more areas there are in the game where you can play as another character in an completely unintended area, probably many. 

I would like to say thank you to both Dr. Crusher and Kiah for letting everyone have so much time to fix their posts!  I definitely should have done this earlier! 

• Thumbs Up 4

Fixing up my stuff, finally:

Question #6: What is the single most hilarious thing to come out of the entirety of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for you?

Just in case it's too much of a subversion to mention something meta about the game's existence as my answer, I know I can say for certain there's one moment in Sonic 06 that was not only successful in amusing me but did so intentionally. It's the banter between Eggman and Shadow after Radical Train, specifically the moment where Shadow bursts in from the roof, and all Eggman can respond to in a deadpan voice, without even turning around in his chair to face him, is "Wouldn't the door have been easier? =|" It's almost like this has happened so many times before that Eggman stopped caring. xD

• Thumbs Up 5

I know I'm OK for the badges, but, since there's not much time left, I suppose I might as well make one final post in this event which is basically my thoughts on this event and maybe some shout outs. You'll just have to see, won't you? Anyway, here we go with my thoughts:

Just a summary of my overall opinion then I'll say why. Anyway, so, I thought this was a good event. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first 30 Days of Sonic last year probably because back then the concept was brand new to me. I still enjoyed the event and have to thank Dr Crusher for a excellent sequel to the first one. Anyway, time to explain in more detail. First of all, some opinion on the topics that were used for the questions. I personally thought the question topics were very interesting including the ones about story and characters.

Those might have been the hardest ones but I still enjoyed reading Crusher's post to start off the topic. I would say my favorite question would be either the one about Sonic 06 or the arm-wrestling one in the Bonus Day.

And now, time for some shout outs. The first shoutout goes to *Drum Roll* Dr Crusher. Why? Well, he managed this entire thing from start to end and he was the one who started the interesting questions. The second one goes to *Drum Roll* Kiah. I say that because Kiah was the one who did all the hard work doing the tallying. (By the way Kiah, I wonder if you'll show what you did like the first 30 Days of Sonic), The third shoutout goes to *Drum Roll again* Lady Soniko because Soniko was the one who made those badges. Now, just some shoutouts from my Friend list who I haven't mentioned so far: Felix, Tara, Komodin, Klonoa and more.

And finally, some brief final thoughts. Overall, as you can no doubt tell by that long post, I certainly enjoyed this event. Whether it was the topics each day, reading others posts, answering each question every day. It was just an enjoyable time all around.

30 Days of Sonic Act 2 Complete!

• Thumbs Up 5

Fixin' up time:

6. Funniest thing to come out of Sonic 2006

Originally I shared a youtube poop and (unlike this same question for Shadow) didn't include stuff from the actual game first.  So in terms of the actual game...  Well the Mephiles twirl and the dud line are great but I never noticed them on my own playthrough, only discovered them later etc.  So I guess my number 1 thing in terms of my own experience in the game would have to simply go to the town NPCs like... generally?  The way they just give an unenthuasiastic "aeugh" when you talk to them while rapidly moving their mouths and waving their arms around is goddamn hilarious.

11. Most cherised Sonic merch

Originally I posted two things, my most cherished in terms of value and my most cherished in terms of personal nostalgia.  Of these two, if I was to be forced to give up one or the other, it would be the more valuable money-wise one as oppose to the more valuable emotionally, so I guess my main answer here will be that one:

uq4TTQ.jpgT91EZY.jpg

My original Sonic the Hedgehog plushie I've had since I was like 7 or so.  I've never seen a classic Sonic plushie that quite has the same satisfying shape to him in terms of quills etc, he had a nice fluffy/plushness to him that most modern Sonic plushies don't have (opting for perfectly smooth... cotton? nylon? outer material) and just... yeah, I used to love my soft toys when I was little (still treat them with the respect they deserve as an adult, while I've grown out of having them around me or in my bed etc, I most certainly haven't grown out of caring about them in a general sense or projecting emotions onto them, darn you Toy Story corrupting my innocent mind for life).  He doesn't photo well but yeah he's just a really nice plush.

• Thumbs Up 4

^ That's the one I have, too... somewhere!! :3 It's such a nice plush, it just feels so much more... substantial than the ones you'd typically find today. :3

Time to settle some unfinished business.

Question #6: What is the single most hilarious thing to come out of the entirety of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for you?

Every single time Shadow dies and screams "NOOooOooOOOoOoOOOOO!" I swear, his death scream s one of the most form fitting lines in this game and serves and quite a meta reaction of the characters to the predicament that is Sonic 06.

Question #7: Which character(s) do you think would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world?

I find that to be Sonic with his everlasting cool, E-123 Omega, Eggman, and Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I'm having a bit of difficulty with some of the later questions. I've already answered #2, 6 and 8, so here are my answers to Questions 2-5, 7, and 8-19; I'll post my answers to the rest of the questions in a separate post.

Question #2: If you could take a vacation in THREE settings/zones/etc in Sonic's universe, where would you go?

Hm, if I could vacation in three spots in Sonic’s universe, they would be:

1. Emerald Coast: I love beaches in general, and out of all of the beach levels that the series has had over the years, Emerald Coast always sticks out the most for me due to how much it looks like it can easily exist in real life. It’s a locale that I can easily see myself having a relaxing fishing vacation in. My only concern would be the aggro orcas swimming around there, but since they only seem to target technicolor hedgehogs, I guess I would be safe to a degree.

2. The Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park: I’ve always loved amusement parks, and visiting a intergalactic one would just be the best thing ever for me. I’d probably hang around in the Tropical Resort hub and the Aquarium Park, admiring the scenery and maybe buy the merchandise there. I’d be wary of any ferris wheels I’d see there, though.

3. Spring Yard Zone: Compared to the other zones in Sonic 1, this one has always stuck out for me with its atypicalness. A mountainside pinball-ish urban city would be a pretty interesting place to take a vacation in. It probably helps that it’s seemingly permanently set in the twilight hour, my favorite time of the day.

You know, I would really like to see a Stomping Shoes/Iron Boots hybrid item in a future game. The boot item would make you heavier and move a bit slower by default, but assuming that the future game takes advantage of pinball physics, it would also allow you to roll down hills faster and give the resultant Spin Attack a more impactful effect (maybe knocking out all enemies on screen?). Plus, like Unleashed’s Stomping Shoes, it would give access to a Stomp that functions like Secret Rings’ Jump Cancel.

I’d also like to have a Hookshot-type of item, too. I’d say something like the Enerbeam, but more versatile and momentum/inertia-involving in its use.

Question #4: What were the most difficult challenges for you during your early/younger years with the series?

Oh, yes, one challenge that I can never, ever forget is trying to complete Knuckles’ section of Sonic Adventure 2’s Cannon’s Core level without the Air Necklace when I was 11. I’d say that this one short section is harder to complete than even Meteor Herd and Mad Space, because with the latter two, there is the possibility that the RNG can make things favorable for you. I’ve actually stopped playing the game for close to a year because of it. I didn’t even know the Air Necklace even existed at the time--2002--because I didn’t know about GameFAQs at the time. It didn’t help that you had to practically go out of your way in order to find it. Even now, I just can’t do it without the Air Necklace, and I’m fully convinced that, even with the air bubbles there, it’s not supposed to be done without it.

Question #5: What sort of unseen or unrecognised interpretations/traits do you like to imagine for certain characters?

With Sonic and Knuckles, I’ve alway imagined them like this:

I’ve always imagined Sonic to be the more introspective sort when he’s alone. With things like how he reacted to Shadow’s supposed passing in Sonic Adventure 2 and his entire characterization in Unleashed, I really do believe that this is very much possible. For Knuckles, I can’t help but believe that Knuckles’s “gullibility” with Eggman is mainly because, deep down, he figures that Eggman’s not completely irredeemable. Like, no matter what they do, he sees some good in folks and doesn’t want to think them as complete monsters.

This probably doesn’t apply much to their current game characterizations nowadays, but eh, these are my thoughts on the matter.

Question #7: Which character(s) do you think would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world?

I think Big would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world. He’s a very laidback individual who’s a fisherman by lifestyle. Just move him to a fishing village, like somewhere in the Indonesian islands, and he’ll adapt in no time, really. Of course, the villagers would have to contend with him being a 6 ½ ft tall cat, but he’s practically a fishing prodigy, so I guess they’ll look past that.

Question #9: What's your absolute favourite portrayal of your top favourite character?

Well, my top favorite character in the series is Sonic himself (yeah, I know, I’m completely original--do not steal me).

My all time favorite portrayal of him is in Sonic and the Secret Rings. I really want to like how he was done in Sonic and the Black Knight, since it’s similar to a degree, but ultimately, I vastly preferred the previous Storybook game. He’s an ideal middle ground between his prior characterizations and bits of his later ones; not too “goody goody” generic hero or too obnoxiously attitude ridden. He was more fallible there with the Flame Arrow of Judgment and I honestly love his camaraderie with Shahra, Genie of the Ring. His continued optimism, even in the face of death, will always be a-okay in my book.

Question #10: What's your top favourite episode out of ALL cartoon episodes?

While I do have my grievances with how Sonic X was handled as a whole, I still think Episode 26, “The Birth of Super Sonic,” is the best of the Sonic cartoon episodes. On top of being genuinely as actiony as the first one, it’s one of the few times that Sonic is shown to be completely fallible by being beaten to within an inch of his life here. Most of the main cast was involved in it to some degree and, heck, even Chris proved to be credit to team by breaking out of his restraints and ripping the Chaos Emeralds out of the Egg Emperor’s power supply. All of this, coupled with the sheer coolness of the Egg Emperor mech itself, made Super Sonic’s reveal all the more… epic. The final exchange between Super Sonic and Chris still gets me every time. To this day, I’ve yet to have found a Sonic episode as genuinely engaging and problem-little as this.

Question #11: What is your single most cherished bit of Sonic memorabilia?

To this day, my most cherished Sonic memorabilia are these lovely things:

3830490-sonicfigured.jpg

joyride_shadow_base_2.jpg

To this day, I’ve never owned a Sonic action figure as awesome and accurate as these Joyride Studios figures of Sonic and Shadow. They were perfectly bendy without needing those awkward joints. They look exactly like they do in the game. They even came with stands that look like the trick ramps from the games which you can use to pose the figures in any way you so choose. They weren’t cheap, even at the time of their availability in 2003, but you were paying for the quality and it was worth it almost every single time.

It’s easily the cutscene before the battle between Sonic and Shadow on the ARK in Sonic Adventure 2. Everything about it, from the music to the conversation between the two rivals (taking into account the audio goofs), gelled with me perfectly. Sonic’s line, “What you see is what you get: I’m just a guy who loves adventure. I’m Sonic the Hedgehog!” especially sticks out to me. I guess it was at that moment, even with the mess I had to deal with for Meteor Herd, that I officially, beyond reasonable doubt, became a Sonic fan.

Question #13: What is the single most hilarious thing to come out of the entirety of Shadow the Hedgehog for you?

I guess the only real hilarious thing that came out of that game for me would be the Egg Dealer. With a game as “dark, edgy and gritty” as this, a goofy looking, egg-shaped slot machine on wheels is the last anyone would associate with it. That it seems to be Eggman’s trump card even though he already has a perfectly serviceable Egg Emperor-like mech lying around, is just funny for me. It doesn’t help that it not only can actually attack him, but also has a thing where it can power up the guy fighting it, doesn’t exactly help make it a serious threat.

Question #14: Which deleted/beta/cancelled/etc concept from the franchise interests you the most?

You know, the original version of Windy Valley has always intrigued me. Everything about it, especially the curvy, slopey roads of the third “act”/section, just screams to me that they really wanted to fully implement the Genesis games’ pinball physics into the game. It certainly looks pretty dang engaging to play through. I just can’t help but imagine how things would be like if they would try to do something like it in a future game. I certainly hope that they’ll do it eventually...

Question #15: What little things do you like to do in the games that isn't an inherent gameplay goal?

A thing that I always like to do in the games are to just explore the areas, not really caring much for getting to the goals. Even if the game is highly linear and goal-focused like Sonic Unleashed, I just slow down and take a look at the scenery that it offers. The controls don’t always make it easy to do, granted (this is especially true for the Boost Era games), but I still do it anyway, because I’m just an explorative person like that, really.

My favorite cheat will always be the Debug Mode in the classic games. On top of making it pretty much impossible to die, it offers to me a level of customization that I don’t really see in games all that much nowadays. Being able to essentially make Super Hard Mode of levels appeals to me inside, really. Also, being the explorative sort, I can use it to explore just about every section of a given level, even if it can’t be accessed normally by a certain character! That, too, just strikes me as pretty cool.

Question #17: Which characters/bosses/enemies/etc have the most amusing designs to you?

As far as enemy designs are concerned, I’ve always thought the Egg Pawns looked rather amusing. Like the Eggrobos in Sonic 3, they’re designed to look like Eggman. UNlike the static Eggrobos, though, they are a lot more lively and comical. Between their jumping in surprise when you approach them, their arm-flailing in Sonic Lost World, the vaguely Playboy Bunny-esque appearance of some of them, and how they can actually go asleep, I just can’t hate them. To me, they just fit in as perfectly in the series as the Badniks do with how comical they act, and I can easily buy a goof like Eggman creating them the way they are.

Question #18: Realistically, which character(s) would you say you would have the biggest chance(s) of befriending?

Out of all the characters in the series, I’d say that I would have the biggest chance of befriending Big the Cat. I’m also a laid back individual who just wants to do what I do as hassle-free as possible. I’m not an actiony sort of person, and I prefer to stay out of conflicts as much as possible. I also have a bit of an on-and-off thing for fishing, so there’s one extra area of friendly bonding.

Question #19: Regardless of how close or how far the similarities start and finish, which character(s) would you say you sound the most similar to?

I think I sound most similar to Knuckles in the Sonic Adventure games. Like how he did at the time, I sound a bit on the gruff side. Other than that, I don’t think I sound like any other character, really.

• Thumbs Up 3

That would probably have to be the first time I ever played a Sonic. It was quite possibly my first game,  period ever played. Ah yes,  popping in the ol' Sonic CD game disc was quite the time of my life! 

Question #13: What is the single most hilarious thing to come out of the entirety of Shadow the Hedgehog for you?

I get the most kick off laughter from hearing the 4Kids actors swear like sailors.  Oh sweet irony! 

Question #18: Realistically, which character(s) would you say you would have the biggest chance(s) of befriending?
I think I'd do the best job befriending the likes of Sonic,  Knuckles and Tails.

Question #21: Which character interactions would you like to see that aren't common?

I've said it before and I'll say it again,  I'd live to see a team up between Sonic,  Blaze and Omega! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just dropping in to signpost a fix to one of my questions. I've removed some of the text from my initial answer to properly fit the question.

Anyway, that's it from me. Back to getting excited about Doctor Who announcements!

Day 6: Funniest Thing From Sonic 06

"Head to Wave Ocean Immediately!"

*Starts 10:44

This really is something special. For those who don't know, at this point in the story Shadow receives a message from GUN telling him to go back up Omega. The voice actor fluffs his line, well actually he doesn't, rather he questions the name "Wave Ocean" for some reason and then repeats the line putting particular emphasis on the word "Wave".

Players will always encounter this. It plays automatically at this point in Shadow's story so it's not like you even need to talk to someone in order to find it. Still, always worth a laugh seeing that they kept it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's after the limit has expired but I'm not that fussed about the badge I get really.

I honestly think I sound like a non-robotic version of e 102 Gamma. Except with slightly more range.

Still Sonic X-Treme. Not necessarily just because of the game itself, but also the possibilities of how it could have impacted views of later installments, especially Sonic Adventure, given that 3D Blast seems to have been largely unknown & forgotten on all sides, and that leaves a 4-5 year gap between S3&K and Adventure, so I wonder if it would have changed expections for the 3D games at all.

Very easy answer - the 2D Yuji Uekawa designs looked very nice & flexible to me, & generally his designs just feel more like Sonic. For whatever reason, the 3D designs are less appealing, not sure why.

Amy, if only because it seems more that friends find me often than I find friends, & she seems to be one of the most openly talkative/ sociable people in the franchise that also strikes me as being rather happy to talk to pretty much anyonne (when not stalking Sonic : P).

I am really late for posting this but here goes:

NOTE: If you only have one or two choices instead of three, that's okay compadre.

Emerald Coast

Sonic-Generations-3DS-Emerald-Coast-Octo

Beach areas are always my kind of thing when I go on vacation so Emerald Coast is quite the right place for me to party at or sit under the hot sun. I'm a sucker for going to places like this and I just always enjoy them.

Dragon’s Road

sonic-unleashed-uk-hands-on-200810270813

Chun-Nan would also be the next place for me to go and visit. It is such a beautiful place and I could go and meet with the locales and take a look at their history and culture. Hell, I would even love to start running along the Walls of China and what not like Sonic.

Planet Wisp

Sonic-Generations-Planet-Wisp.jpg

To go and visit another planet is always a part of my dream and Planet Wisp is that kind of place for me to visit. The view of Earth would be so breathtaking and the environment is so peaceful and calm and the inhabitants are so sweet and nice to interact with.

NOTE: I'm mainly talking about proper items, not things like super forms, but feel free to think of more atypical items, like your very own Not-Chaos Emeralds.

I would probably something maybe like an Ice Shield to something, to add to the elemental shield deck. It can protect you against Ice-based damaged or like freezing the enemy upon contact or shooting icicle shards outwards.

Beating Volcano Valley Zone in Sonic Blast. It was definitely one hell of a tough stage for me when I was young. Since, this being a fire level, it came to no surprise why I found it as difficult as it was, especially the boss fight where I remembered I kept dying over and over.

Also there was Knuckles’ section in Cannon Core from Sonic Adventure 2, because having to swim through the long underwater hallway that almost feels like you’re really not gonna make. I’ve always had my close calls from drowning, even with the bubbles.

Question #5: What sort of unseen or unrecognised interpretations/traits do you like to imagine for certain characters?

I would like to imagine Amy having a bit more restraint on her wild fangirling on Sonic. She would show more faith and confidence in herself and not having to rely on Sonic having to save her.

tumblr_mi16zyl3l61qbtacbo1_500.gif

“You spin me right round, baby right round like a record, baby right round round round.”

The coding and programming, or lack thereof, in this game is just outstanding and hilarious and I’m not gonna talk about the story modes and dialogue between the characters themselves are on a whole another level of unintentional hilarity. Watching the models just freak the hell out is also a sight to behold here. The line reading is awful and that actually left in an absolute muck up during the voice actor’s line reading at the near end of Shadow’s Story! That takes effort.

I think Big would be the better contender; being that he’s a fisherman so I think he would have an easier time in the real world than the others.

Question #8: Which generally disliked games do you like regardless?

Sonic Heroes

Sonic_Heroes_cover.png

For most of the flaws that Heroes had that people have a legit complaint about, or just being crapped on just for the fun of it. I still enjoy Heroes to some degree. The visual appeal is still there and I love how the levels feel like they’re being brought to life, giving off that classic Sonic feel to them.

Question #9: What's your absolute favourite portrayal of your top favourite character?

Tails in Sonic Adventure. He starts off as the usual sidekick to Sonic, but later down the road that Tails actually begins developing into his own where he has face Dr. Eggman while Sonic is still in the Mystic Ruins. He still has his smart genius and would sometimes make a sarcastic remark for something that

Sonic says, like in Sonic Colors, but he also had that innocent heart of gold that would make him lovable.

NOTE: You're allowed to answer with the OVA in itself if you don't have another answer for whatever reason.

Sonic the Hedgehog OVA

230px-SonicanimeVHS.jpg

It’s sort of a no brainer for me this is my favorite from my childhood. The animation, the comedic humor, the soundtrack and the feel that give an emphasis of the Sonic series back in the 90s was just so damn good for me and I never got bored by it every time I watched it.

NOTE: If you don't actually have any Sonic memorabilia, you can just pick your most cherished game or something instead.

Since I don’t really have any object of Sonic that I really cherish so I’m going for the other one and say Sonic 3 & Knuckles being the game I serious cherish the most. It’s something that I have loved since I locked both Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles together that fateful day.

I think the most nostalgic I got with it was playing Sonic Adventure after getting both that and the Dreamcast on Christmas. That and playing the classic Sonic games, specifically Sonic 3 & Knuckles at the time before I even got my Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure.

There are some things that are sorta of hilarious, but this one really took the cake for me:

Aside from the utterly ridiculous concept of using guns and clunky driving mechanics; It makes me laugh at the fact that they really couldn't make a decent script and just wrote "damn" and "hell" on almost every single paragraph possible. It really felt like it was written by some amateur 13-year-old still trying to pass English Writing class and SEGA just up and let them loose on the script. It's really amazing.

For some reason I always found it odd that I actually sound a bit like Silver half of the time, I guess it’s that inflection in my voice of mine. It’s actually strange how I can do his Quinton Flynn-like voice.

Question #20: What are your top ten (or less) cutscenes in the games?
NOTE 1: However, in order to make things a little more challenging (and/or to make us sound less biased towards particular games), you must choose only one cutscene per game.
NOTE 2: Despite the question saying top ten, you can choose less than ten if you want to (I went with nine). You also don't have to list them in any particular order.

I can’t really think of exactly ten cutscenes off the top of my head, so I’ll have to cut it down to at least four:

Sonic CD Ending

Sonic VS Shadow at Space Colony Ark (Sonic Adventure 2)

Opening Cinematic (Sonic Unleashed)

Sonic Colors Ending

Knuckles and the Chaotix, because I don’t we have seen them in the games actually interact with each other, not even in Sonic Heroes when they made their reintroduction. You think they’ve at least have Knuckles interact with them since they’ve met each other in the past, but I guess not.

Question #23: Retro Round
-Retro Question #1: Do you have any plushies/figures of any Sonic characters, and/or are there any Sonic characters that you'd LIKE to have a plushie/figure of? (I realise this one might feel like a repeat of this year's own memorabilia-related question from before, but I felt this one was still different enough in the sense that it also asks for what you would like to get in the future.)

I have the small plushies of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow and Rouge. I guess I would have to get the Cream, Big, Dr. Eggman and maybe Omega plushie to complete the set at least.

-Retro Question #2: What are your top three zone types/tropes/etc in general?

Futuristic City Levels

I think they should do this level trope sometime again because it would be awesome. I would love blasting through a Blade Runner-esque city booming with flying cars, rainbow colored highways and gorgeous visual galore. Something like Grand Metropolis, but at night would be fantastic to see.

Cave Levels

I think there has been that many cave-like level tropes in recent Sonic games something akin to Mystic Cave Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Haunted Levels:

This is a level trope that has been rarely used in Sonic games and I wished that they would actually bring that back in a future Sonic game. It really did give the certain tension and dread in the levels and how many unique ways to mess with the player will traversing through it.

-Retro Question #3: Who is/are your favourite villain(s)... APART from Robotnik?

Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper:

Knack_4.png

Obviously a much underrated villain that has been begging for a reintroduction in the future Sonic games. He has no side to pick unless that side is the winning the side or pay him the most, like a mercenary.

Grand Battle Kukku 15th and the Battle Kukku Armada

Battlecork.png

Having played Tails Adventure and that I liked them in the Tails Adventures saga in the Archie Comics.; Him, Battle Kukku 16th/Speedy, Dr. Kukurokov and the whole army would’ve been great to see again in future Sonic games. Maybe like a remake/sequel of Tails’ Adventure or spin off Tails games, something for at least Tails to have his own rogue’s gallery to fight, which is probably never going to happen. It also would’ve been neat to see them updated/redesigned for the modern style of the franchise.

-Retro Question #4: In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

I remember talking with a friend I made in college when we were talking about Sonic games and their characters and I distinctly remembered us being excited about Sonic Lost World coming out.

NOTE: It might be easy to get the wrong idea due to the wording of the question (and the image used for this one I guess), but this question is not about what you find scary or creepy in the games, so try not to get it mixed up. ^^;; Unless this is part of why the moment in question was tense for you of course, in which case, you're in the clear.

Fighting Big Arms from the Sonic 3 portion when you lose all of your rings, that’s when the situation becomes more serious as you have the chance of miss timing your jumps or jumping too low or high and accidently run into his spikes or hands.

Question #28: Which boss(es) do you feel deserve more recognition?

I thought the Egg Serpentleaf was a really cool looking boss in Sonic 4 Episode 2. Unfortunately, it ended up being a disappointment for what it actually did in action. Which is a shame, because it could’ve been used much more effectively for a boss.

Question #29: What are your top TWELVE (or less) overlooked LEVEL tracks?
NOTE 1: Like with the cutscene question, you must choose only one level track per game. That might sound disappointing, but if it makes you feel better, I only added that rule for this one because if I didn't, I would spend an even longer time typing this post. (Questions like this one in their most basic form are to my detriment due to me enjoying too many tracks and being all indecisive about choosing one over the other.)
NOTE 2: Don't worry about zones that have different tracks for different acts. You're free to count them as the one choice if you want to.

Spring Yard Zone (Sonic 1)

Mystic Cave Zone (Sonic 2)

Launch Base Zone Act 1(Sonic 3)

Spring Stadium Zone (Sonic 3D Blast)

Red Mountain (Sonic Adventure)

Metal Harbor (Sonic Adventure 2)

Music Plant (Sonic Advance 2)

Hang Castle (Sonic Heroes)

Toy Kingdom (Sonic Advance 3)

Kingdom Valley (Sonic 06)

Cool Edge (Sonic Unleashed)

Aquarium Park (Sonic Colors)

Question #30: If you had to combine the stories of any THREE Sonic games, which stories would you combine, and can you think of how it would work?
NOTE: You don't have to concern yourself with how crazy or nonsensical your end result is, nor do you have to concern yourself with perfectly blending your chosen plots together (or in other words, it's fine if your answer is essentially just "this plot but with this one part from that plot added on"). This question isn't meant to be all that serious. Just have fun coming up with something, hombre.

Okay, here's my plot that would at least combine the three in terms of narrative;

Sonic_CD_Logo.png

Sonic_Heroes.png

Sonic_Unleashed_Logo.png

Dr. Eggman has gone into the past with the power of the Time Stones and is messing up time itself so he can create his utopian empire. The world has been ripped apart from the grounds and float above the skies. Team Sonic and the other teams work chase after Dr. Eggman and use the power of their teamwork to travel through the past, present and future to defeat Dr. Eggman and his Badnik Army, reclaim the seven Time Stones and restore peace to the planet and return the lands back to their original places.

I think that's it, I believe that now I'm officially caught up.

Question #2: Top places to vacation to in the Sonic Universe.

Day and Night, a real treat of a trip would be the Night Palace from Sonic and the Secret Rings!Sonic-and-the-Secret-Rings-304-6.jpgGlorious and beautiful with the adventurous touch, it's certainly a marvel to explore.

Next whould be Station Square!

Not only does this town remind me of good ol' homestate New Yrok, but it's also a city of fun, adventure, hero-stopping peril, and even better, it's got Twinkle Park

, the up-and-down-and-all-around Speed Highway Sonic-Generations-Speed-Highway-Screensh

(seriously, who wouldn't want to have a go at driving down this badass highway!?),

and of course Casinopolis! Thus by portal extension, we've also got acess to NiGHTS' realm too!casinopolis_nights_pinball3.jpg

And now for my final of the the top three, Eggman's Interstellar Amusement Park!

Eggman%27s_Incredible_Interstellar_Amuse

Ever feel like getting the chance to pummel evil, save some hostages while enjoying a much-needed vacation of fun!? I find this locale to fit the bill full and through!

Now for the next few questions that I answer,  it'll be on mobile,  So apologies for a lack of links/pictures. 

Those would be my Knuckles,  Sonic and Shadow plushes. A tri-force of stuffed buddies that have enriched my life. :D

That of the boost trilogy. I value its art style I'm how it took note to make things cartoony,  but not too over the top at times. It's colorful,  majestic and unique. For wherever I'm roaming as Sonic,  the aesthetics are there to please! 

Without a doubt,  that would be the Sonic X-treme debacle and line of game data and footage. Sonic X-treme in concept is quite a fine idea if I do say so myself. Every bit of footage I see interests me and makes me power v what it could have been. It was originally to be Sonic's big first 3d debut. I'd live to see to the fullest,  how different history could've turned out! 

Question #8: Which generally disliked games do you like regardless?
I never have brought myself to hate Shadow the Hedgehog.  Ever since I received it as a kid,  it's been an enjoyable and silly bounty of fun.  I've never had too much trouble with the control scheme, and there are some music tracks such as "Sky Troops", "All Hail Shadow", the GUN Bigfoot boss remix,  and the like that I love.  Furthermore,  the multiple endings/stories that you could create were actually a concept I wish could be seen more. 

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie aka the Sonic OVA, the toon that was to be the start of its own anime series. 
The Sonic OVA has it all,  neat character iterations,  an iconic characterization for each character. It also had the action and adaptation skills that most game adaptations should have,  to boot!  And of course,  let's not forget that rocking "South Island" theme!  8D B)

I messed up one, here we go:

Question 25: Which of the franchises' art styles do you like the most?

Let's see... I quite like the Storybook games' art style. I used to dislike how the cutscenes weren't all 3D, but the 2D art cutscenes have grown on me considerably. The shading and parchment tint is very appealing. Also despite not being in a game, I like Sonic Channel's art a lot too. The rough sketchy style mixed with a finished picture looks really charming.

Here are my corrections:

The Trial of Love

The last of the 3 Trials Sonic has to complete before entering Kingdom Valley in his Story.

Unlike the first 2 trials, where Sonic has to do some jumping and dodging, you have to choose Sonic’s romantic interest….Amy or Princess Elise.

What?! Who do I choose? Is there a wrong answer?

I guess I’ll choose Amy since he’s known her longer…? Wait, that’s it? I got an S Rank too. Ha ha ha, this is ridiculous.

I really like Sonic Unleashed’s art style:

-The Hedgehog Engine makes everything look amazing, while it's day or night

-the humans in the game actually look like they belong in a Sonic universe and every npc is different. Even humans from the same country are distinct from one another, in personality and design

-the enemy and boss designs are cool. The Eggman Robots and Dark Gaia Minions have their own attacks, weaknesses, and unique animations

Question #26: What is your SINGLE most favorite aspect/character/etc to come out of any non-game media?

NOTE: Because I'm asking for specific concepts/characters/etc, vague and cover-all answers like "the characterisation in general" don't count.

As I've mentioned before, I like evil twin characters and reverse universes, where character's roles are swapped.

So far, I only know of 2 cases where this is available: Archie Sonic and Sonic Underground

In Archie Sonic, this was literally known as the Reverse Universe. Here, the Freedom Fighters are evil and Robotnik was good.

Originally, the Evil Freedom Fighters were small time thugs…until Evil Sonic transformed into Scourge….and returned home...

7d5c6fcbd98196837eccc0941695f0bf.jpg?h=1

After taking over his universe, Scourge decided to try and takeover other areas of the Multiverse, starting with Mobius Prime, Sonic's world.

CorruptSUSonic.png

In the Sonic Underground episode, "Six is a Crowd", Sonic and his siblings visit a world where they are corrupt royalty and Robotnik is leading the freedom fighters.

Here, Corrupt Sonic spends his days eating chili dogs to the point where he becomes fatter and grows man boobs.

NOTE 1: Like with the cutscene question, you must choose only one level track per game. That might sound disappointing, but if it makes you feel better, I only added that rule for this one because if I didn't, I would spend an even longer time typing this post. (Questions like this one in their most basic form are to my detriment due to me enjoying too many tracks and being all indecisive about choosing one over the other.)

NOTE 2: Don't worry about zones that have different tracks for different acts. You're free to count them as the one choice if you want to.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Ice Cap Zone
-Sonic's first ice level has got a sweet melody to it.

Sonic & Knuckles: Lava Reef Zone
-A very catchy tune for one of the early fire stages.

Sonic CD: Wacky Workbench Zone (US)
-While I'm not a big fan of the level design of this stage, I do like how the music does sound like you're in a workshop or a factory.

Sonic Adventure: Hot Shelter
-Whether you're escaping Zero as Amy, taking out your brother as Gamma, or fishing for Froggy one last time as Big, the guitar and other instruments of the level will chill you out.

Sonic Shuffle: Coggly Dance
-Sonic Shuffle already has a very…unique soundtrack. This is one of the songs that play during some of the Minigame. The guy screaming in the background after a certain point reminds me of the time I wanted to scream while playing this game...

Sonic Adventure 2: Challenge Race
-The banjo and other sounds for this song are so cute while at the same time, somewhat serious.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Wave Ocean (Mach Speed Section)
-This song really gets me pumped for running after Eggman's flying ship to save Elise.

Sonic Advance: Cosmic Angel Zone
-Besides being unique for being its own Act from Egg Rocket, the slow sounds speed up and almost move in rhythm with the lights in the background of the stage.

Sonic Advance 3: Sunset Hill Zone
-This song is a remix of the Green Hill Zone and Central City from Sonic Battle, and it sounds AWESOME.

Sonic Unleashed HD: Shamar/Arid Sands Day & Night
-While the instruments keep me running faster during the day, the saxophone chills me out as I avoid being set on fire by Fire Masters during the night.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Question #17: Which characters/bosses/enemies/etc have the most amusing designs to you?

Can I just say all of Eggman's mechs? No? Well then...

Anyway off the top of my head it'd have to be the Egg Dealer surprisingly, it's such a ludicruously daft concept for such a daft boss battle. It fits his character perfectly too, he is that vain afterall.

Realistically? Sonic, he's a really amiable guy and he'd do his utmost for anyone and everyone, no matter if he knows them or not.

If it was voice wise it'd be Eggman, but personality wise I'd say Knuckles. I'm quick to jump to conclusions and I can be quite hotheaded at times but with a bit of Sonic's snark thrown in,

Question #20: What are your top ten (or less) cutscenes in the games?

I'm going to refrain from going into too much detail as I have tons to catch up on here. But some of my favourite cutscenes are

The endings of SA1 and 2.

Cubot and Orbots scenes in Sonic Colours

The Team Sonic and Team Dark intros from Sonic Heroes

Amy and Eggman, it would offer a lot of great dialogue considering Eggman's disdain towards Sonic. I could see him being incredibly sarcastic and dry towards Amy about him.

I barely watched TV as a kid but one I remember is the horrid Sonic adverts for McDonald's, they were just so oddly animated.

Question #23: Retro Round
-Retro Question #1: Do you have any plushies/figures of any Sonic characters, and/or are there any Sonic characters that you'd LIKE to have a plushie/figure of? (I realise this one might feel like a repeat of this year's own memorabilia-related question from before, but I felt this one was still different enough in the sense that it also asks for what you would like to get in the future.)
-Retro Question #2: What are your top three zone types/tropes/etc in general?
-Retro Question #3: Who is/are your favourite villain(s)... APART from Robotnik?
-Retro Question #4: In what way(s) have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

I have a bunch of figures, namely my F4F Shadow Statue but I also have the statue from the EU Sonic Generations Collector's Edition.

My Top 3 Zone types are futuristic, beach and jungle.

You just had to say that... Surprisingly I'd say Black Doom, he's a horrible villain but he's got so much narm that it's a joy to watch. I'm a huge B-Movie fan so it's perfect

I went to Summer of Sonic in 2012 and 2013, I spoke to quite a lot of people from this site in fact. Shout out to The Tenth Doctor, not that I knew it was him.

Every time I try to a time-trial or mission and I am on the edge of failing. Which I normally end up doing...

Sonic Heroes no questions asked, the colours are vibrant, everything is larger than life and it feels the most abstract to me.

Question #26: What is your SINGLE most favourite aspect/character/etc to come out of any non-game media?

Eggman. I love all forms of him, be they humorous or not. He is the single most consistently well-written character in the series and he has the most capability for not just dialogue but character development as a whole.

Sonic Boom Eggman is currently my favourite.

Question #27: Which character(s) do you feel get a bad rep that they don't deserve?

Charmy. I don't see how he can annoy so many people, he has a high voice sure but so does the likes of Tails and especially Cream. The bee's a kid too ok? And it's not like he's in many games enough as it is.

Question #28: Which boss(es) do you feel deserve more recognition?

Can I say the Egg Dealer again? The Egg Dealer.

This'll be fun...

Sonic Adventure - Windy & Ripply

Sonic Adventure 2 - Pyramid Cave

Sonic Heroes - Bingo Highway

Shadow the Hedgehog - The TRON style level

Sonic 06 - Flame Core - Volcano

Sonic Unleashed - Apotos 

Sonic Colours - Asteroid Coaster

Sonic Generations (if it counts) - Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace

Sonic Lost World - Sky Road

Question #30: If you had to combine the stories of any THREE Sonic games, which stories would you combine, and can you think of how it would work?

I'd do the insane and combine the most serious plot with the least serious. So you'd start with Shadow the Hedgehog and then throw Colours into the mix, you'd be able to say that the Wisps were being harassed by the Black Arms and then Eggman proclaims himself as their saviour by "rescuing" them before the Black Arms can get to them.

It'll then lead into him using their energy like in Sonic Colours to power up the Eclipse Cannon, and then he'll activate it SA2 style.

So now we have Shadow the Hedgehog leading into Sonic Colours leading into Sonic Adventure 2... yeah.

BONUS QUESTIONS!

Bonus Question #1: If a one-shot antagonist from the past HAD to come back in some way, which one would you like to see make a return?

Black Doom, I honestly feel like they'd be able to somewhat redeem him. If they play it up a bit less seriously and go for a full on B-Movie style tone it might actually work

Bonus Question #2: What are your top FIFTEEN (or less) overlooked BOSS tracks? (Don't worry, there's no "one choice per game" rule for this one, so choose at your own leisure.)

Eh, this is normally the one part I never remember. I guess that's why it's overlooked huh?

I won't be able to get anywhere NEAR 15 but I like

Chaos 0

Perfect Chaos' fight
Big Foot

Egg Emperor

Egg Dragoon

Bonus Question #3: If you ended up never being a Sonic fan, what would you hate to have missed out on the most, whether it relates to the franchise itself and/or otherwise?

Well my 7th Birthday Party for a start. But I'd just have missed a bunch of the opportunities I've had, like going to America because of Felix, going to SoS 12 and meeting up with some of my friends for the first time.

Bonus Question #4: If Knuckles, Silver, Vector, Big, Omega, Zomom, Erazor, King Arthur, Black Doom, and Giant Demon Man from Sonic 1 Beta Artwork engaged in an arm-wrestling competition, why would Tails be the winner?

He'd somehow attach boxing gloves to his Tails and spin them around knocking them out, they didn't say what kind of arm wrestling it was... 

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium? (Yes, like with Question #30, this is the exact same question as the final extra question for the previous 30 Days. I need my recurring elements like any decent human being, hut hut.)

First one just has to be Kiah, she's absolutely wonderful and a treasure to the entire site. Then there's Crusher who I've had some good chats with, The Tenth Doc who is remarkably similar to myself (even though I suck at Lego Jurassic World), Ferno who is one of the best artists I've seen and it's a shame that he isn't as big as he deserves to be and then The Eleventh Doc... who I do miss.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd say that would have to be our dearly departed "Knuckles can fly" glitch from Sonic Boom:Rise of Lyric. Being Superman and able to fly around the map was a delicious delight! 

Definitely the Deadly Six. Their variety and body structures compliment reach other, their abilities and their personalities.  I got a kick out of how they set a difference from aspects of the usual M.O.T.W.  That Sonic games have been getting lately. 

Considering my (as my friends call it) "edgy/announcer-type" voice with my range,  I'd say I sound must like Sonic, Shadow,   Jet the Hawk, and Knuckles the Echidna. 

For Sonic & Dr. Eggman? That's an easy one! Their Sonic Boom counterparts. They're quite possibly the most fleshed out that the respective characters have ever been in all their years. In a way they each lead the Boom series,  Sonic being the humorous straightman hero and Eggman being the ultra super duper, villainous yet genre savvy force to be reckoned with! 

Question #26: What is your SINGLE most favorite aspect/character/etc to come out of any non-game media?

Shard the Metal Sonic from the Archie Comic series.

He's definitely up with my favorite "Robotnik Rebels". Starting off as your everyday rendition of Metal Sonic in the Archie Comics, Shard would go through quite a few phases. After debuting with a rather neat adaption of Sonic CD,

he would come back with a vengeance eventually after Sonic, yet again, but through a miraculous twist of turns, he would undergo redemption and self-sacrifice himself.

So, que a duration of time later, his remains are found and booyah! New arsenal to the side of good!

Surprisingly he comes off as a rather unique amalgamation of Sonic's wise-cracking personality, along with the self-awareness of being a robot (and using that to his advantage). Definitely one of the MOST emotional creations you'll ever see courtesy of the good doctor, and he's definitely one of my favorites!

Don't mistake him for just any Sonic-clone!

Alright that's 20 questions done! Now just 10 more to go!

This batch, yep, all of them for starters! Twas' quite an exciting era of Sonic marketing!

This beauty here, of course it matches up with the smart aleck persona of Mr. Sonic T. Hedgehog!

Sonic looking for insurance!

And this classic here too!

AH, now that's a memory and a half! It's certainly the first time I ever played Sonic 3 & Knuckles getting the hyper-good ending (I'd played the games separate before, but never as S3K before), which was recorded and commentated over here!
I swear, it's mind-fudging at times, the timing and work you need to put into avoiding the Death Egg robo with 0 rings, and  the occasional terror of nearing zilch rings as Hyper Sonic in Doomsday Zone!

Make up and correction time!

The boring (but true) answer? Probably Unleashed and Generations. These games take the most iconic imagery of the franchise, from across its history, and mixes it all beautifully together. They prove you can take the fantastical settings of the classics and the more realistic settings of the Adventures, or even Shadow and '06, and put together something that's incredibly unique and just screams "SONIC!" at a quick glance.

I especially love how Chemical Plant was modernized:

S_2_4.jpg

Seems like the perfect blend of the classic and modern imagery, to me.

Here are five tracks in no particular order

1) Planet Wisp:Act 2 (Sonic Colors): Planet Wisp, as a whole, gets a lot of love, I think, and the first act's music is the track that represents the whole level. The second act's arrangement is actually my favorite though, mostly because it starts off just a little slower and builds up, with each section of the instruments kicking in until we hit the main melody of Planet Wisp. It has a very calming and relaxing vibe to it--it's a little atypical of what you'd associate with Sonic (which are typically fast and energetic songs), actually, but that's kinda why I like it. It's different, but it still fits well with the series, the calm before the high-speed adventure kicks off (granted, Planet Wisp is the fourth world, but...).

2) Sea Bottom Segue (Sonic Lost World): Sea Bottom Segue is a little similar to my top choice, I think, and I like it for similar reasons. That said, it is a little different; I think it shares a similar vibe that's calm and upbeat, but it has a faster beat to it that it maintains consistently, and I think that fits the grindling levels it's featured in. It's certainly not a distracting song, and in levels that require the kind of focus these do, I think it actually helps.

3) GUN Fortress (Shadow the Hedgehog): I love Shadow the Hedgehog's soundtrack in general, but I think the GUN Fortress is easily my favorite. I really like its rather subtle tone; in a game that doesn't have a lot of subtlety to begin with, it really stands out as something unique. What's better is its mood. It's a very somber theme that fits with Shadow making his final choice on the pure dark path, and either decision (be it to side with Doom or betray him) will ultimately lead to some very negative consequences for everyone.

4) Sky Babylon (Sonic Rush Adventure): You thought this was going to be some moody chillfest? Naaahhh. I thought the Rush soundtracks needed some love on my list somewhere, and I think this was as good a place as any. Mostly, Sky Babylon is probably one of my favorite levels in the game, and part of that, admittedly, is the soundtrack. It's just a really kickin' theme; fast, energetic, catchy. It's both familiar as a Sonic theme, but also a little different from most Sonic sounds, thanks in part to the Rush soundtracks' hip-hop influence.

5) 34ºN, 12ºE (Mad Space) (Sonic Adventure 2): This might be a more out there choice. Of all the treasure hunting levels, the space levels are pretty much the only ones I don't like and find them more frustrating than they should be, what with how wide open they are, their gimmicks and obtuse hints. But, yo, the music in them is great and at least alleviates some of that annoyance, I guess. I actually had a tough time picking one of Rouge's themes, and ultimately settled on this one. I love the tone of it along with Tabitha Fair's scat vocals peppered throughout that fits with the atmosphere of the level.

Hoo boy, this might get long...

I choose Sonic Colors, Sonic Lost World, and Sonic CD

Mostly I'd combine aspects of the games. As Colors and Lost World both feature Wisps, and I feel there needs to be a reason for Wisps to even be there beyond Colors, why not mash Planet Wisp and the Lost Hex together? In addition, I'd take parts of CD's narrative and setting and incorporate them into the nature of Planet Wisp and the Lost Hex. Perhaps throw the Time Stones in, and I think that could relate the futures of the CD and how the Deadly Six can control machinery, and how what they control is influenced by Eggman's involvement with terraforming the world for his own ends. I also feel like Lost Hex shares some visual cues with that of Little Planet so I think they'd blend together very well, in addition with what comes from adding in Planet Wisp. While I'm mostly pulling from the Wii version of Colors, I'm also referencing Colors DS by including the other characters, though this might get a little messy.

The story would run, basically, like this: Dr. Eggman discovers the Lost Hex from ancient tablets and enslave the Zeti with the Cacophonic Conch. Now they'd have a slightly different mission rather than just capturing animals (that would still happen... except with Wisps!): they have to find him the Time Stones so he can control the flow of time on the planetoid. Meanwhile, the Lost Hex has formed over Angel Island and Eggman sends the Zeti after Knuckles and the Master Emerald (he plans to use its infinite power and stabilizing properties to more efficiently use the Wisps' power). Silver (in the distant future) notices anomalies from the use of the Time Stones, and leaves his timeline to research it, and enlists the help of Sonic and his friends to head to Lost Hex and prevent the use of the Time Stones, free the Wisps, and save Angel Island. Blaze also appears to lend a hand; the Sol Emeralds seem to have a mind of their own and as she's tending to one of them, it zaps her and Marine over to Sonic's world.

This is a really rough outline that I just whipped up on the spot, so I'm still not sure of the details, but I think this might be interesting to explore. 

Corrections!

6 ()

My previous answer was a little too general and vague, and I think I'm beating a dead horse with the acting/animation/glitchiness. I suppose if I have to absolutely choose something, I suppose I'm going to go with Knuckles's characterization. This hadn't really occurred to me until I reviewed other posts, and while, for the most part I DISLIKE how Knuckles was handled, his clumsy nature and hair trigger temper over just everything IS pretty funny. I especially liked his not-so-friendly interactions with Rouge, especially when she implies he's not a good treasure hunter. Rouge, you have no chill.

10 ()

My previous answer was too long (you can see for yourself!), so I had to think about which episode of all these to choose and I settled on Sonic X #52. Sonic's missing and Eggman attacks on the characters' homeworld... and nobody wants to have his shit, especially that late at night! Tails steps up to do his part, and Amy pelts Eggman with hammers... and then Sonic shows up and everyone is happy to see him, even Eggman! I also really liked the ending scene where Amy follows Super Sonic across the sky with "Natsu no Hi" playing in the background, and seeing their reunion. I'm not even a big SonAmy guy, but I thought it was sweet to see Sonic actually reciprocate her.

11 ()

I just cut my second answer, but I wanted to keep my thoughts on Sonic #177 intact because it is still one of my favorite items, so I'm moving my main answer over to this post.

Sa2_10th_jp_pack.jpg

I can think of a few things, but among them I would definitely say I prize my copies of the 10th Anniversary Birthday Pack that came with Sonic Adventure 2. I have three total, and they were very special to me back in the day, and still are, now. I'm going to go back to this with Question 12, as it ties into it,  but I always loved the little booklet for the little bits of history, and most notably for the original story concept that talked about the Mary Grannet/fairy tale origin story. I always thought it was a neat idea, personally. The soundtrack was also a big thing for me, and it introduced me to the Japanese Sonic CD themes. That may not be my favorite game, but I definitely have a fondness for these tracks, back when they were just these oddball songs I never heard anywhere before. I still like "Cosmic Eternity ~ Believe in Yourself" as a standalone track.

BONUS ROUND

Bonus Question #1: If a one-shot antagonist from the past HAD to come back in some way, which one would you like to see make a return?

I rather like the Black Arms, so I wouldn't mind seeing them return in some form, impossible as it is. The comics gave them an encore, and ultimately gave us Eclipse, so at least that's something. I'm not sure if there's a whole lot you could do with them, but given they have ancient architecture and tech somewhere on the planet, it'd be interesting if all that stuff could be linked back to them and give Shadow, and Team Dark, something new to face. I mean, Doom seems like the kind of guy that would have a contingency plan in place... wouldn't he?

Bonus Question #2: What are your top FIFTEEN (or less) overlooked BOSS tracks?

How's four, sound?

1) Deadly Six theme (Sonic Lost World): I really love the Deadly Six's theme. It's a nice blend of Rock/Ska influences from SA2 with the Jazz influences that are so prevalent in the series now, and I love how energetic it is.

2) "Through the Fire" (Sonic and the Black Knight): A classic Heavy Metal style theme from Crush 40 that fits perfectly with Sonic's conflicts with the Knights of the Round Table.

3) "Crazy Robo" (Sonic Adventure): I talked about this one previously, but what I really like about it is how it builds right off of the end of Gamma's theme, giving a sense of the brother against brother idea of Gamma's story.

4) "How It Started" (Sonic and the Secret Rings): Real talk, I actually want Runblebee to come back and do more music for the series, and I think their music fits very well with the series. Definitely gets you pumped for the battle ahead.

Bonus Question #3: If you ended up never being a Sonic fan, what would you hate to have missed out on the most, whether it relates to the franchise itself and/or otherwise?

Sonic's influenced my music tastes quite a bit, so missing out on the treasure trove that is the Sonic music library would be disappointing. And I should mention Sonic was a huge inspiration for pursuing art in the first place; I have a feeling I still would have done it, but it wouldn't have been the same. And, lastly, the community as a whole, while it's not without its problems, I feel I learned a lot by being so invested in the franchise in how to form and argue my opinions, and connect with people who have been a (mostly) positive influence.

Maybe stuff wouldn't change drastically, but I wonder if I'd feel the same way about certain things even if I was never a Sonic fan, I guess.

Bonus Question #4: If Knuckles, Silver, Vector, Big, Omega, Zomom, Erazor, King Arthur, Black Doom, and Giant Demon Man from Sonic 1 Beta Artwork engaged in an arm-wrestling competition, why would Tails be the winner?

He'd go Super and have his Super Flickies do it for him.

(And you all thought I was going to use Titan Tails, didn't you? :P)

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

Before the board crash, I had a rather lengthy, rambling post in the Member Appreciation thread, which ran 2,617 words (I saved it as Word doc :P)... and it was still incomplete, and I always felt bad I never continued to add to it, but then I feel like I'd be there forever. I also start to feel uncomfortable because I don't want people to think I'm intentionally leaving them out. It feels weird, but I can give a few quick shoutouts (and I apologize deeply, in advance, if I miss somebody).

Killtank is a really good friend, and I enjoy our occasional conversations via PM. ChaosSupremeSonic, I have to give it up to him because I really enjoy interacting in topics with him, especially about Sonic, and in those rare moments we do disagree, we can maintain a level of mutual respect. Felix is my Smash bro, even though he wipes the floor with me every time we play (one day, dammit...!), but I also enjoy just talking to him about random stuff. Vertekins, while we may not always agree, I appreciate her perspective and straightforward attitude. YoshiUnity is an awesome dude and artist, and I dig the piece he did of my and my friend's character. Nepenthe, I enjoy our conversations on this series and art in general, and I hope we get to collab again because it's fun as hell to work with her. The mod team and the admins as a whole deserve a nod because they do very good work in keeping the peace around here. And this is only scratching the surface. I know for a fact I'd be here all day if I had to write something nice about even half the people I listed on my old post (it was a long post). So again, apologies if I forgot somebody...! No hard feelings, right?

Finally, special thanks to Crusher, Kiah, and Lady Soniko for their hard work on this event. I actually had a lot of fun thinking about a lot of the questions, and I even surprised myself with some of my answers.

I guess that's it for this 30 Days of Sonic! It's been fun! ....and sorry for the length. Hopefully people still enjoy what I have to say on these subjects anyway.