Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Megathread

Brad

Mini-Direct tomorrow based on third-party titles coming to the Switch, time is 3pm BST/10am EST/7am PDT.

As usual, Motobug will be streaming it live so SSMB members can watch the event together.

Well, that's disappointing. Really seems like Nintendo has nothing coming for the rest of the year. 

2 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

At a run time of ten to fifteen minutes...eh.

Not even that, just 10. 10.

I know we aren’t exactly owed a Direct (especially given the circumstances) but I can’t believe this is what we’re getting right now with being in the dark after TOK.

But there’s also maintenance happening on the 27th of July and 3rd of August. So maybe we have silver of hope for any kind of Direct (full or Mini) with more 1st party news.

This is like impressive

IT really is the exact opposite of what people wanted and expected out of a direct. Way to completely make people not excited, hopefully there's at least one surprise 

51 minutes ago, Soniman said:

This is like impressive

IT really is the exact opposite of what people wanted and expected out of a direct. Way to completely make people not excited, hopefully there's at least one surprise 

And a surprise we got. SMT Nocturne is getting a remaster and SMTV isn’t vaporware anymore.

Well, at least we can go off knowing this is just one in a series.

I legit gave up on SMT V being a thing after three years of Atlus dangling their games in Switch owners' faces with billions of surveys just to make sure they actually want games on the Switch.

Happy to see it's coming and there's even a new remaster too. Really excited to check these out since I've never played them before.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe we'll finally get news about BayonePFFFFFTAHAHAH-

Yeah, i can't even finish the sentence properly.

Oooooh... ORI AND WILL OF THE WISPS!!

And it’s launching today (and it’s getting a physical limited edition twin pack release with the original). This pretty much saved the showcase for me today (it wasn’t bad, but nothing to my interest).

Been waiting with baited breath that this would get a port across. Really happy, The Blind Forest is one of my favourite Metroidvanias.

• 3 months later...

Now here's a direct that will not be covering any games in it... They're covering theme park attractions instead.

Time will tell if they will tease the Donkey Kong expansion or any future expansion, or provide a status update on the upcoming land in Epic Universe. I would mostly like to know what' the deal with the Pikmin and other Non-Mario characters

• 1 month later...

A new Direct is finally incoming after a ridiculously long time of waiting (about 500 days since the last one, give or take). It’s going live at 10pm GMT/5pm EST/2pm PT.

As usual, for SSMB members who wanna watch it live together, Motobug will be streaming it for everyone.

In terms of what we can reasonably expect: 

• Smash Character reveal
  • Breath of the Wild 2 (Zelda’s anniversary is next week and it hasn’t gotten gameplay or footage since the initial reveal in 2019) 
  • Wind Walker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Skyward Sword HD(?), Zelda “All-Star” Collection (According to Reddit, a trademark was recently filed on Classic Zelda, which likely means we’re seeing some kind of re-release, and these are the most reasonable guesses) 
  • The Great Ace Attorney Collection (Leaked awhile ago and very recently rated. A direct is as good a place as any for the reveal. We’ll likely see the reveal and release date here) 

And my own personal speculations: 

• News on Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy - with the limited release of All-Stars coming to an end next month, if there’s any credibility to the rumour that Nintendo will release them separately along with Galaxy 2, we’ll likely hear about it here or sometime next month.
  • Crash 4: It’s About Time footage - It was just recently announced, and is a fairly major title
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

• News on Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy - with the limited release of All-Stars coming to an end next month, if there’s any credibility to the rumour that Nintendo will release them separately along with Galaxy 2, we’ll likely hear about it here or sometime next month.

This would undercut 3D All Stars pretty severely. I wouldn't expect to hear about this for another year at best

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This would undercut 3D All Stars pretty severely. I wouldn't expect to hear about this for another year at best

I definitely don’t think we’re going to wait a year. At best, we won’t hear anything until near or after the 3D All-Stars collection deadline ends, and then Nintendo announces it for best profit.

It makes the most sense now. They’ve already hit most of the people who would’ve bought it due to FOMO, so announce the games being available individually, announce a price point (especially if each game is more expensive separately than in the collection), and then catch more people rushing out to pick up the collection before the limited availability is up on it so they can get all three games for a cheaper price point before Nintendo price hikes them further.

I don't understand the hype. Um...at the risk of sounding like a killjoy, it feels safer to keep hopes in check and just enjoy the reveals for what they are. No expectations, means no disappointment.

Still...maybe it's because we've had a whole lot of nothing these days that news of a Direct has been met with such joy. Will we see more of the new SMT game?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, DanJ86 said:

I don't understand the hype. Um...at the risk of sounding like a killjoy, it feels safer to keep hopes in check and just enjoy the reveals for what they are. No expectations, means no disappointment.

Still...maybe it's because we've had a whole lot of nothing these days that news of a Direct has been met with such joy. Will we see more of the new SMT game?

We've been over an entire year with no main Direct- all of the horrible 2020. It's fun for us to speculate what will be shown, be surprised, see if our predictions matched up, etc. Yes they often lead to disappointment, but let us be hyped. ;-;

Also it's confirmed we're getting the next Smash DLC reveal, so that's one thing we know we want.

It seems reasonable to suggest that the longer a Direct is, the greater the likelihood of it featuring something to interest you personally.  Well, for my part, I find it interesting even hearing about games I don't intend to play, so I can be fairly sure that the Direct should be an entertaining watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, DanJ86 said:

I mean... I'm not particularly "hyped" and I don't get hyped unless we know specifics. Like, I'd be hyped for a Zelda themed direct if that was announced and I'll be hyped for the approaching launch date of a game that I want. So I'm not "hyped" for this, but I'm certainly interested and looking forward to it. That's just the way that I've changed over the years. Some years ago, I'd have been on the edge of my seat all day and thinking of nothing else.

Do you really "not understand the hype" here? Honestly? This is 50 minutes of Nintendo news, including at least a new Smash Bros character and likely some sort of Zelda news considering that it's something of an anniversary year. Even without those things being on the cards, it's still a lot of Nintendo news in a format that is designed to drive hype. People always over-react to the announcement of a direct and that's part of the whole event. I'm not feeling it either, but that's just because it's not something I really feel very much these days. Everyone who is hyped has a perfectly good reason for being so.

Twelve hours until it begins. I'm hoping for what I hope for every year, but as long as there's some form of racing game, I'll be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I mean... I'm not particularly "hyped" and I don't get hyped unless we know specifics. Like, I'd be hyped for a Zelda themed direct if that was announced and I'll be hyped for the approaching launch date of a game that I want. So I'm not "hyped" for this, but I'm certainly interested and looking forward to it. That's just the way that I've changed over the years. Some years ago, I'd have been on the edge of my seat all day and thinking of nothing else.

I feel like l have changed too. But for the worse. I just don't get excited about anything anymore. I do have very brief moments of looking forward to playing a game I've show interest with but that is usually a brief feeling.

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Do you really "not understand the hype" here? Honestly? This is 50 minutes of Nintendo news, including at least a new Smash Bros character and likely some sort of Zelda news considering that it's something of an anniversary year. Even without those things being on the cards, it's still a lot of Nintendo news in a format that is designed to drive hype. People always over-react to the announcement of a direct and that's part of the whole event. I'm not feeling it either, but that's just because it's not something I really feel very much these days. Everyone who is hyped has a perfectly good reason for being so.

When you put it like that, it makes perfect sense. I didn't even consider the length of the Direct. It's always nice to see some new IPs too, as rare as they can be sometimes. I'm not gonna criticise anyone for being excited, I'd just come across as jealous...which is kinda true.

I honestly wish I could be hyped so I could play a more comfortable role in the discussion. I'm still interested in the Direct but when I don't feel anything from the build up, it makes me think something is wrong with me. I'd call myself a Nintendo fanboy which makes my lukewarm reaction feel even stranger.

Although to be clear, I'm not the type of fan that would blindly defend Nintendo when they do scummy or dumb stuff.