Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Megathread

Brad

Gahh Dammit. Time to hype down the Zelda 2 trailer train and anything else exciting that I was hoping to get updates on.

I'm sure they'll be some goodies in here anyway though.

Fortunately, insiders did give prior warning this would be third party focused. It seems Nintendo agrees they're very much booked for the rest of the year, with Xenoblade taking Summer, Splatoon taking Autumn and Pokémon taking the holidays.

Based on popular speculation and my own, we might expect Mario + Rabbids 2, Persona, Sonic Frontiers, Goldeneye, and of course Bayonetta 3. 

8 minutes ago, Supah Berry said:

Fortunately, insiders did give prior warning this would be third party focused. It seems Nintendo agrees they're very much booked for the rest of the year, with Xenoblade taking Summer, Splatoon taking Autumn and Pokémon taking the holidays.

Based on popular speculation and my own, we might expect Mario + Rabbids 2, Persona, Sonic Frontiers, Goldeneye, and of course Bayonetta 3. 

Isn't Frontiers getting a reveal on Wednesday for Cyberspace levels?

Edit: Maybe not a review embargo, just an embargo on merely talking about it, so maybe so. It would make sense for it to stay as it own thing

Edited by Supah Berry

https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

Motobug will be streaming the Mini Direct tomorrow for any SSMB members who wanna watch it together.

In terms of what I'm hoping for, I'd love to see that 'leaked' Batman Arkham port come true. Also gimmie Persona 5 Royal.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Oops.

For the record, I checked myself too. This isn't a photoshop, there genuinely is a "in 4 days" there

11 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Oops.

For the record, I checked myself too. This isn't a photoshop, there genuinely is a "in 4 days" there

That's a description for the February 9th Direct

15 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

That's a description for the February 9th Direct

With a "in 4 days" that has a giant red circle around it

I think that's just some automated system interpreting it in the wrong date format. 2/9/2022 is February 9th in month-day-year format, but it's September 2nd in day-month-year, and that's just about 4 days from now.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Oops.

Interesting.

nintendo directs these days are stupid and dumb and i hate them because they never have donkey kong

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you're in the U.K., in which case you'll have to settle for a VOD an hour later:

Of course, you could just watch the US stream... if you're okay with making the Queen turn in her grave!

As normal, Motobug will be providing a live stream of the Direct for SSMB members to watch (don't worry uk members, we won't tell the royal guard you were watching a nintendo direct during this time)

Be nice to see a new surprise reveal, like a Zelda WW port or something. My bets is on Advance Wars getting a release date before Christmas and Persona gameplay.

• Chuckle 1

• 3 weeks later...

Those Toads, and to a lesser extent Mario's clothing, are treading into the uncanny valley for me.  Just a little; but the clothes and the angle make Mario resemble a person in a giant-headed mascot costume.  Otherwise, the aesthetic is surprisingly compelling; very faithful to the games, but much more bustling.

I probably won't be watching the Direct as the movie is a non-entity to me, but I'm faintly curious as to how it'll all work out.

Motobug will be streaming it live so SSMB members can experience the horror fun of seeing Illumination's adaption of one of the biggest franchises ever made together.

feels like a bad omen that this releases in october

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

As usual, i'm keeping the expecations low. I can hope for a new release date for the Advance Wars remake, i guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

There have been some rumblings around Advance Wars of late; it would be nice if we could get another release date for it, with however little fanfare.  Personally, I'm actually pretty well-stocked for games right now, to the extent that there are some titles, like Octopath Traveler II, which I'd once have considered must-buys but am now reconsidering...  Actually, one thing I could definitely see showing up is Danganronpa veteran Kaz Kodaka's new game, Master Detective Archives: Rain Code, which is a Switch-exclusive that currently only has a vague Spring 2023 release date.  Pretty good chance we'll get that narrowed down, I think.

Other than that, I keep an open mind - largely because the things I really want are ones I don't seriously expect to show up, perhaps ever: Golden Sun 4, Etrian Odyssey Next Stage...