Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Megathread

Brad

Mario and Sonic RIo is a possibility, given that it's slated for June 2016 in America. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, neat. This is some good news to come home to.

My main hopes are Star Fox Zero news and a first look/release date for the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo. Don't know what to expect beyond that, so it should be interesting.

The only thing I can think off that they show are

The Nintendo selects starting on the 11th

SMT X FE

Star Fox Zero gameplay and a delay

Some more Pokken stuff

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 info since that's coming out relatively soon

Indie titles

Amiibo

Maybe just maybe Federation Force because they have been silent about that for obvious reasons unless they plan to announce a new metroid title along side that.

I want to know how the hell they're planning on continuing amiibo at this point with their biggest seller out of the way. I'd like to see them start to expand the amiibo lines into their other top franchises.

Also, I just want a confirmation directly from Nintendo that TF has topped 1m copies. Based on everything we've heard it did it a long time ago (it just never sold that many in one fiscal year and never hit the Top 10 best selling Wii U games), but Nintendo Selects should officially prove it, correct?

Other than that I don't know what they can talk about. I feel like they're going to have to announce at least one or two new games, because there's not much we don't know about before Summer.

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

What's TF?

I'm assuming he means donkey kong tropical freeze.

http://taima.tv/r/Motobug

Will be streaming the Direct on Motobug when the time comes around, once again. Fixed the Direct theme so it doesn't bug out in case the background doesn't load, as well. Be sure to hop in if you get the chance!

So this is 23.00 UK time, right? Meaning midnight for mainland Europe? Or an hour earlier?

Also was bored and made a bingo thing:

Spoiler

cLJZ474.jpg

It covers both US and Europe. Though looking at it, I notice I forgot Bravely Second. Also, New Style Boutique 2 is Style Savvy 3. I didn't feel like making a logo for the US name.

7 minutes ago, Marcello said:

So this is 23.00 UK time, right? Meaning midnight for mainland Europe? Or an hour earlier?

I believe it's an hour earlier - 10pm UK, 11pm Europe.  Slightly more manageable.

Incidentally, more European copyright shenanigans of the sort that busted Sun/Moon have supposedly outed an element of the Direct in advance:

Spoiler

"Monster Hunter Generations," speculated to be a localisation of Monster Hunter X.  As always, though, take these details with a pinch of salt, as the trolls really will go to extraordinary lengths these days to hoax people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Super Nintendo emulation on N3DS seems so pointless with NX on the horizon. Don't know why Nintendo is wasting resources on it. At this point I feel like they should just focus on consoles already on VC 3DS/Wii U. 

Star Fox doesn't seem like it's getting delayed sadly.

And hopefully "_WIP" and "Main Presentation" contain some interesting things, because otherwise I'm not a fan of this direct.

>Mario and Sonic Rio is there

Right, where's that goddamn Motobug, I need to ride its stream. I don't care if it won't start until 10pm here. 

I would be excited for the New3DS SNES Emulation, but the only thing I'm imagining is "Oh, and your Wii U purchases won't carry over, have fun rebuying them again!" :)

Important Question: Is anyone streaming this on SSMB?

If not, I'll livestream the Direct on Taima for SSMBers if you guys want to watch it together.

Satoru Shibata is out of control!  He's not content with karaoke anymore, he actually performed the Yokai Watch dance in the Direct!

Edit: And now his head is bizarrely pasted onto a Rhythm Heaven character, and it's faintly disturbing.

Edit Again: So, to recap, I can get Earthbound and Super Metroid on my N3DS, the new Kirby looks amazing, and I feel like I've forgotten something else I was really interested in, too.  I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoyed this Direct a lot.

So, is Federation Force New 3DS exclusive?

And I think someone in the stream said the EU SNES games would be the NTSC versions. That true?

THAT WAS AMAZING

Seriously, I loved this one. It started off slow with stuff I didn't care much about, but then it started snowballing. And it was freaking FANTASTIC.

Monster Hunter X coming over.

Rhythm Heaven, after so much silence, finally coming over here too.

And then...Kirby. A new, awesome looking Kirbygame. Seriously, it already looks superfun and we barely saw much of it.

And then, to top it off, Kirby Amiibo. Lots and lots of amazing Kirby Amiibo. 

Seriously, it was like the latter was specifically made for me. It ticked off so many boxes. 

So yeah, slow start for me, but once it got rolling, it absolutely blew me away. Amazing Job, Nintendo. :D

(Oh, and I feel sorry for the Paper Mario crowd.)

• Thumbs Up 1

OH yeah, I forgot to say. Even though Kirby was the only thing I really liked, I thought it was a good Direct. Well paced and lots of reveals.

On the whole, I thought this was a decent Direct. No huge megatons, but a serviceable enough offering that did pretty much everything it needed to do.

While I'm not personally interested in Fire Emblem Fates or Star Fox Zero, it's good to see them both finally getting release dates (although wtf is up with Star Fox Guard?)

Highlights for me were the Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 trailer/release date, Hyrule Warriors Legends season pass/Medli DLC/demo out now and the Yo-Kai Watch demo. Metroid Prime: Federation Force still looks meh and Kirby doesn't really do anything for me.

I'm sorely tempted by Earthbound on 3DS but for £8.99 I think I'll just stick to my Wii U version.

Oh and yeah I'm glad there's a new Paper Mario but I am so torn on how it looks oh god whyyyy

I liked this Direct. Sure, there was stuff I was not particularly interested in, but the news I really liked was worth it.

But man, it feels weird to see a Direct end WITHOUT a Smash announcement considering the DLC is over. Gotta get used to it. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Things i liked:

*Star Fox Zero being even better than before.

*Monster Hunter X/Generation being localized relatively early.

*Yoaki Watch with Shibata doing the Yokai Dance.

*Bravely Second news, and especially dat artbook that comes with the pre-order.

*Dragon Quest VII details.

*Kirby Planet Robobot; i have never been particularly interested in Kirby, yet this title looks cool.

*Azure Striker Gunvolt 2: i still need to get into this franchise, but the trailer for the new game is incouraging. At least Inafune is not fucking up this too.

Things i didn't liked:

*Fire Emblem Fates. The more i see and hear from this title, the more sad i get: weabooing a series like this to have enough audience to keep it alive is a compromise that while i understand where it's coming from, it still nauseates me. Combine this with censorship and bad translations and the situation will not get better. Awakening while not flawless knew how to balance between old and new at least.

*On that note, that... thing that was once Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. I'm actually surprised they're still trying to selling it in the west despite the bad reception and the terrible japanese sales. What a shame for this wasted potential of a crossover.

*Metroid Prime Force. Yeah, sorry Nintendo, it still looks horrible and shifting from Samus to generic chibi dudes in exoskeletons doesn't make it more interesting; it seems to be in canon with the franchise though, so we'll have to see where the story will go.

*Paper Mario Color Splash, wich is giving the same bad impression of Sticker Star. I can only hope i'm wrong.

*That solitary/horse riding game; it just looked wrong for some reason,

*SNES games on the New 3DS VC: while the idea in itself is nice, i'm baffled that they're saying this kind of emulation can only happen on the New 3DS. I'm not believing it one second. Also, as pointed, Japan is getting more good quality games for starters than America and Europe.

The rest of it (Mario & Sonic at Olympics, Lost Reavers, Rhythm Heaven, ecc.) i was not really interested into, so neutral opinion on those.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like SNES on new 3DS. My only problem is: I don't want to buy these games all over again.

Anyway, loved the Season Pass announcement for HWL, Medli, and the artbook. Also absolutely love the new updates for Mario Maker. I was really hoping we'd get keys and alternate coins. Having the alternate coins give a key is an oddity, though.

Don't like how Super Expert unlocks a series of new mystery mushrooms. I can barely get through Expert, how the hell am I going to get these new ones? I hope they provide an alternate way to get them.

58 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Don't like how Super Expert unlocks a series of new mystery mushrooms. I can barely get through Expert, how the hell am I going to get these new ones? I hope they provide an alternate way to get them.

From what I understood Shibata said there would be more Mystery Mushroom costumes coming in the future. They aren't necessarily restricted to the new Super Expert mode, I believe.