Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Megathread

Brad

I think the fact that I only found sonic boom fire and ice,the new amiibo,pikmin 3d and super mario sports "insert name here" to be interesting (though I'm sure the yarn yoshi animations will be fun to watch when they eventually get posted on youtube ^-^) tells me they messed up.I did not see any really big titles listed and I though I may try to get the amiibo.nothing else made me really want to buy them at all which is sad since i was hoping for some new ones popping up that I didn't already know about.

• 1 month later...

Monster Hunter Direct happening on October 27th, seems to be Japan only but we'll see, also, no Switch or mobile news on this one.

Considering the Animal Crossing Direct is on November 2th, this is the closest two directs have aired.

3 hours ago, Sunlit Bastet said:

Monster Hunter Direct happening on October 27th, seems to be Japan only but we'll see, also, no Switch or mobile news on this one.

Considering the Animal Crossing Direct is on November 2th, this is the closest two directs have aired.

Yeah, no, this is wrong. They used to have directs way more often had a lot more game or series-specific Directs.

For example, Smash Bros. and Tomodachi Life were within two days of each other:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-10-2014

• 5 months later...

New worldwide Nintendo Direct for 3DS and Switch on Wednesday the 12th. Main focus will be Splatoon 2 and ARMS.

That 23:00 for the UK and Midnight for mainland Europe.

I'm disappointed it says "mostly focusing on Arms and Splatoon." Hopefully we still get at least one surprise and the new Zelda amiibo. Or just VC. That'd be a good thing to have announced here.

The 3DS portion will probably be about Ever Oasis and the new Pikmin. Reguardless, considering i'm very interested in Arms, i'll bite.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the biggest things I want:

New characters in Arms

Fire Emblem Warriors

One bonus surprise to tease E3. One new major game essentially. I couldn't see more than one getting announced anyway. Preferably a new game in a core IP (DK, Kirby, Metroid, Pikmin, AC)

Animal Crossing Mobile (iffy, but the Direct does not say it won't talk about Mobile at all this time)

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

I'm disappointed it says "mostly focusing on Arms and Splatoon." Hopefully we still get at least one surprise and the new Zelda amiibo. Or just VC. That'd be a good thing to have announced here.

I for one look forward to splatoon at least. The global test was my first time playing the game and can see myself enjoying it more once i learn more about the games playstyle. Most the time i was simply painting our teams side of the field. Arms im still on the fence about. Your probably not going to hear anything about vc till E3. Honestly im certain you will not. For one it gives them a huge show if they come out and show that they will for one support it better than they did the wii u and will finally have games from the nes, snes, 64, and the gamecube. It be killer.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I for one look forward to splatoon at least. The global test was my first time playing the game and can see myself enjoying it more once i learn more about the games playstyle. Most the time i was simply painting our teams side of the field. Arms im still on the fence about. Your probably not going to hear anything about vc till E3. Honestly im certain you will not. For one it gives them a huge show if they come out and show that they will for one support it better than they did the wii u and will finally have games from the nes, snes, 64, and the gamecube. It be killer.

I disagree. I think its more likely we get VC announced now. Gamecube VC maybe gets announced at E3, but VC in general? Sorry, I can't agree with that at all. VC isn't that huge of an update.

The reason I'm not that interested in Splatoon is because we already know a lot about it, there aren't any specific characters because Splatoon you create your own character. So for me, there's really not any new info other than Story Mode that would really get me any more excited for that game.

Depending on this Direct, I might end up getting a Switch before E3.

Just here to confirm, Motobug will be streaming the Direct as always. 11pm GMT/6pm EST I believe it's on, correct me if I'm wrong. 

• The title was changed to Nintendo Direct Megathread
  • 5 weeks later...

The next Direct is all about Arms but Splatoon 2 is also getting a trailer!

Put your arms in the air and wave them like you just don't care!

• 1 month later...

Who's ready for a new Nintendo Direct? 

I knew we'd get a Nintendo Direct in time for Splatoon 2. Wasn't sure if it'd be general or Splatoon 2 only, but looks like its the latter. Looking forward to it.

We'll be streaming it on Motobug. What's the UK time?

• 2 months later...

DJcsJZ5VwAEEzHz.jpg

A new Nintendo Direct has been announced for the 13th of September!

Details:

Tune in at midnight CEST on Thursday 14th September for nearly 45 minutes of information mainly focused on what’s heading to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems over the next few months, including new details about Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch.

Times:

3:00 PM PT
6:00 PM EST

11:00 PM BST
12:00 AM CEST, Thursday 14th

Where to watch:

Motobug: https://cytu.be/r/Motobug
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-njR2hNfHA

9 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Mainly hoping to see some news about the Zelda DLC.

Same here and I still haven't gotten BOTW yet :P  The possibility of getting to play any non-Link characters is just too tantalising.

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone getting a Switch in the relative future, I'm hoping Smash gets confirmed. One of the reasons why I'm heavily considering a Switch on top of the games on it I want to play is because of the portability and in general how relatively simple it is to set up the dock, compared to the Wii U's set up. Having Smash and MK8, which were my main Multiplayer titles on Wii U along with Splatoon would just make the Switch perfect for me.

• The title was changed to Nintendo Direct Megathread
  • 1 month later...

The next Direct is stated for March 8th.

Time for me, the last 3DS owner yet to get a Switch, to talk about what I might see for my console in this upcoming Direct.  Shouldn't be hard, as I can literally count the number of remaining 3DS games on the fingers of one hand.

1. Detective Pikachu: Will 100% be in the Direct, no doubt about it.  It's a Pokemon title, it's getting a movie, and more than that, it's just a couple of weeks away.
  2. The Alliance Alive: This comes out at the end of the month, and RPGs have generally done well on the 3DS, so I'd be surprised if this didn't get a nod.  It just got a demo last week; there's no better time.
  3. The Dead Heat Breakers (Dillon's Rolling Western 3): Announced in a Japanese Direct last September, we've heard nothing about it since.  It looked a fair way into development even back then, so where has it been since?  Best-case scenario, given that it's a Thursday, is that it comes out after the Direct - but it wouldn't be surprising if it once again slipped from the radar.
  4. Untitled Etrian Odyssey 3DS finale: It's not been formally announced, but the Etrian Odyssey developers have mentioned a few times that this has entered development - and more importantly, that they plan to announce it this spring.  Well, it's now this spring, and I'm sure they want it out by the end of the year the way 3DS output more widely is diminishing, so now seems like a good time for us to hear about it.
  5. Persona Q2: A mysterious game, this title has been dead-silent since it was soft-announced (title, logo, platform and release year) last summer.  What's even more mysterious is that the above Etrian Odyssey game only started being talked about after this - despite the fact that Q and therefore Q2 are Etrian Odyssey games!  (That's what the Q means, incidentally.)  One can hardly imagine Atlus bringing us two Etrian Odyssey games in a single year, and yet they've gone quiet on Q2 and started talking about a new Etrian Odyssey instead.  So, what's going on?  Either Persona Q2 is somehow also the Etrian Odyssey 3DS finale, despite the latter being stated to be neither a numbered title nor a spin-off (Q2 is both); or, and this is what I think, they've bumped Q2 to the Switch to test out ways of fitting the Etrian Odyssey formula to a single-screen console, and to test the ground for a potential Switch release of Persona 5.  Prove me wrong, Atlus.

7 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

The next Direct is stated for March 8th.

Whoa! Happy Birthday to ME! That's my birthday! =D

I'll DEFINITELY be in there on Motobug with you guys tomorrow. <3