Awoo.

Fallout 4 (PS4, X1, PC) "Pip-Boys, pre-orders & parties"

Badnik Mechanic

I'd be way more pumped for TES 6 but Fallout fans have been waiting longer.  I remember enjoying F3 but not getting into NV.  I'll probably end up getting it if it is coming out soon, though.  After all, F3 was "Oblivion with guns" as the critics back then would say and I enjoyed Oblivion greatly despite the bugs.

I'd be way more pumped for TES 6 but Fallout fans have been waiting longer.  I remember enjoying F3 but not getting into NV.  I'll probably end up getting it if it is coming out soon, though.  After all, F3 was "Oblivion with guns" as the critics back then would say and I enjoyed Oblivion greatly despite the bugs.

Oh man, I absolutely despise Oblivion. Level scaling was terrible, and the whole setting and storyline was just blah. Fallout 3 was slightly better, but it made the mistake of being... Well... Fallout 3, and having nothing to do with the original Fallouts in the slightest, not even in a cosmetic sense. I will say though that Skyrim was decent I thought, but I still vastly prefer New Vegas because... Well, it's Obsidian.

Wouldn't say no to a PS4 port of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Although they will probably be made available on PS Now at some point.

Very hyped for Fallout 4. Would love it if ThreeDog makes a return.

Oh man, I absolutely despise Oblivion. Level scaling was terrible, and the whole setting and storyline was just blah. Fallout 3 was slightly better, but it made the mistake of being... Well... Fallout 3, and having nothing to do with the original Fallouts in the slightest, not even in a cosmetic sense. I will say though that Skyrim was decent I thought, but I still vastly prefer New Vegas because... Well, it's Obsidian.

The setting was fine and coupled with the soothing soundtrack playing in the back, walking through the forests around the Red Ring Road was relaxing for me.  I had the PC version and I easily sunk over 950 hours in the game thanks to mods (Not counting the 360 I had first back in 06').  Combat in Oblivion was miles better than Morrowind's dice roll combat.  Also, I liked not being some demigod for a change in the MQ.  It's part of the reason why I didn't really enjoy Morrowind or Skyrim's main quests although Skyrim to a more extent because MW's main quest was less in your face about it. 

As for Fallout 4, I hope Bethesda can differentiate it more from its elder scrolls series.  Though I don't think the isometric top down games of yore are coming back.

Finally. I have previously said that I don't get hyped by games but sequel to my favourite game is exception. But I think that tomorrow there isn't going to be much info, they will save it on E3.

I'm very interested wheter game will take place on west or east. I personally prefer west because it just seems more interesting.

The setting was fine and coupled with the soothing soundtrack playing in the back, walking through the forests around the Red Ring Road was relaxing for me.  I had the PC version and I easily sunk over 950 hours in the game thanks to mods (Not counting the 360 I had first back in 06').  Combat in Oblivion was miles better than Morrowind's dice roll combat.  Also, I liked not being some demigod for a change in the MQ.  It's part of the reason why I didn't really enjoy Morrowind or Skyrim's main quests although Skyrim to a more extent because MW's main quest was less in your face about it. 

As for Fallout 4, I hope Bethesda can differentiate it more from its elder scrolls series.  Though I don't think the isometric top down games of yore are coming back.

You're kidding right? We had Pillars of Eternity,Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, and later this year we're getting Torment: Tides of Numenera. Top down RPG's are totally coming back.

Super excited for this, although a part of me is expecting the game to have more in common with Skyrim than New Vegas, in which case I'll be considerably less excited but still waste hundreds of hours of my life playing it anyway.

Assuming this is Fallout, my excitement for this is pretty much being determined by whether it's going to take more after 3 or NV.

What I played of 3 was fun, but after going through NV and looking up all the stuff that sets the two games apart, I don't think I can ever go back to 3.

• Thumbs Up 2

I should have been more specific.  I'm talking about fallout 1 and 2. 

Well, beyond HD remakes outsourced to like Obsidian or InXile? Yeah, not likely.

Ffffffff I can't wait!!

I hope it's more like New Vegas though. We need more references to past Fallout games, multiple endings and interesting locations and characters!

Oh and not buggy as shit.

Look, I absolutely adore Bethesda games.  Since 2003 I've been buying their games left and right (4 games considering the long development time.  5 if you include Daggerfall but that was free), but there is no denying the games are buggy and there are a few reasons for it.  While the size of the games content can make bug squashing a long nightmare, the engine the game is built on contributes to the unstable nature of the games as well.  While it IS the Creation Engine and in its own right it does some new things, it's built off Gamebryo which goes waaay back and has its own set of issues.  However, I think it's the best engine to use for the game because of how modder friendly it is and how much Bethesda can do with it.  I dunno, I guess I'm more forgiving about the glitches and bugs since the ones I've run into are pretty amusing. 

I really hope, if Super Mutants are in, they're stronger, like a lot stronger, used to be you couldn't tangle with a Super Mutant without Power Armor, or at least Combat Armor, now you can beat them level 1 with your fists.

I really want Obsidian to be making this since they actually know the past game well.

Well... Fallout 3, and having nothing to do with the original Fallouts in the slightest,

Actually, its problem lies in it has too much to do with in the first two games, just not in a positive way. See, 3 is an abridged version of Fallout 1 and 2. Lone Wanderer takes Vault Dweller's and Chosen One's story and meshes it together, whilst putting it in the East Coast.

Not original, but it worked... Apparently. I don't blame Bethesda for that decision, really. Abridging 3's story to introduce it to a new audience, although it dangles on lore-breaking. Nothing some hand waving can't fix, but still.

Of course, there's more issues with 3 than lore breaking.

My only problems with Fallout 3 are the lousy story, endless metro tunnels and horrible little kids that you can't shoot in the face (apparently you can kill them in the first Fallout). What else is wrong with the game though? It was my first Fallout game ever and I thought it was a great introduction to those games.

Bethesda would have to seriously overhaul their shit to make me interested in one of their RPGs again.

I like them as a publisher lately (TEW/ Wolf:NO) but man am I burned out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4

GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME!

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks good so far! Very colourful in comparison to other Fallout games and looks like we even get to see what the day the bombs fell was like. Also playable character talks?

I really hope this is better than Fallout 3, because so far it does look promising indeed.

/v/ lied!  It actually looks pretty good!  But graphics are below gameplay for me and I can't wait to see what they show at E3.

The art style looks great. Looks like its set when the nuclear radiation has died down quite a lot to the point almost everything is back to normal. If that's true and this is the possible last Fallout game, I'm okay with that.