Awoo.

Is my Sonic Adventure game broken?

Alienrun

So i'm playing Sonic Adventure for the first time (iv'e seen 2 letplays and some speedruns, but my memory is pretty hazy on it) and i'm playing Amy's Twinkle Park. After getting past the first 2 areas I go to the 3rd area and there is no zero, I go back by accident and fall through the floor to an area I think i'm not supposed to be in. I die later and now have to start at the beginning of the stage despite getting a checkpoint not too long ago! I go back to where i was, go past the barrel, up the ramp, up the stairs, up another ramp leading into that castle tower thingy, hammer jump over to the other one go up that ramp and...now what? i see another attached platform path with an octagon shape at the end, but there is nothing there, i go over and on my way back i realize i should drop down on the side where there is 1 floating ring just barely on the side, I go off and try to go on the ramp...and get stuck in the half pipe with the only option to hammer my way out and down a level.

long story short there is NOTHING down there except 2 runways, a bay of water, some stairs and this wierd red circle thingy that i kept killing myself on unless i stayed on the edges...and what do i get for doing that, I GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING! really!? then i figure out that by running straight foward at the beginning and hammer jumping over the wall i find a corridor to my right (which is empty) and to my left the fricking bay of water!!!! before that tho i hear squishy sounds that come from those tall green ememies comming from inside the same wall, I try hammering the wall, kill one of them and i get speed shoes...and i'm not sure if they do anything?!

I then ask myself "what the freak is going on" and quit and decide to look up how to beat the level...only to find out that my game didn't load all the stuff like the boxes, items, springs, hazards, and enemies that were supposed to be on the 1st and 3rd areas! (first thing i did was go in the water and died cause i couldn't get up) but most importantly THE END OF THE LEVEL WAS MISSING!!!! plus there was SUPPOSED to be a gate that prevents me from going up the stairs after the first ramp! (why do i need that stupid balloon anyways?!)

So I try booting up the game again and this happens:

(I edited out as much as possible in order to not waste all your time.)

....yeah that annoying music was not overlapping the first time, and now the speed shoes are replaced by a castle tower going through the ground! And the ring isn't there anymore, coincidentally the ring was placed right where the invisible wall ends allowing me to get off right onto the blue wall below, now the border drops me off right next to it. The only thing I didn't show in the video was me phasing through the floor and drowning in the pool. (When the twinkle park logo shows again that means i exited and entered agian in game which is why the music overlap stops.)

I should probably mentioned I was playing on the steam version, I knew it was technacly "the worst port" but i didn't think anything like this would happen! What do I do? I don't wanna lose all my data, is it something wrong with my download? or is it the game's fault (highly doubt this one) maybe its like a faulty update or something?!

I should probably mention this isn't the only issue i had with the game, 2 previous cutscenes wouldn't finish (Characters were muted and then wouldn't finish thier dialouge, heck it didn't even show up!) (it was the gamma/tikal cutscene and the fist gamma/amy cutscene) thus forcing me to skip them. i highly doubt that the original games had this problem. (possibly the pc version, but what do I know at this point lol haha!) :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spееdy

• Shaddy Zaphod

• shdowhunt60

• Alienrun

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That...is really bizarre. I've never seen this before. The closest I've had is random graphics popping out because I force the resolution to be higher, but this is new to me. It looks like something out of a bad creepypasta, even though it obviously isn't.

Weird. So weird.

Nothing comes to mind but try to reinstall the game keeping the save file somewhere on the hard drive. Then copy it back after reinstalling.

Save location (by default): C:\Users\*your_username*\Documents\SEGA\Sonic Adventure DX\SAVEDATA

Also try to fool around with the graphics settings, maybe it will help, but I doubt it.

Edited by SpeedyTH

I've had issues with Twinkle Park on my laptop as well. Mainly with this jet turbine sound going-nonstop. Steam poets of both Adventures are awful. Playing City Escape causes nasty memory leaks for me.