Awoo.

Tales of Berseria (New Tales game, PS3/PS4) "It's like Vesperia... but with bears. Or berserkers."

Teoskaven

God, her outfit is so bad though. Hopefully I can change it to something less edgy. :V

But hey, a new character! That's cool.

I'm hoping that with a new female lead they take the narrative to something slightly different from what we usually see in Tales: Main character being the source or victim of a tragedy, befriends several anime arcetypes and take on an extremist/misunderstood villain while being backstabbed by one particular party member, usually the most badass looking dude. That being said, I still love Symphonia.

• Thumbs Up 1

That trailer kind of made me cringe. I think Velvet looks kind of ridiculous. Anyway, I'll keep an open mind, it's not like they can do worse than Zestiria... oh fuck that game.

I... had a feeling. Well... hoping it is not a boring wasteland like Zestiria's open world was. So far not looking so good, red flags keep popping up for me.

I love how some people on the Internet are acting like the game is going to be bad because of the connections to Zestiria. Just because a game has connections to a game you don't like, that automatically me and it's bad? What matters most is the gameplay, which we don't know a lot of. 

I feel like most people forget the fact that just because its a prequel it doesn't mean that they're connected at all. Tales of symphonia is set in the same world as phantasia but they have almost no connection to each other outside of some small things.

• 4 months later...

Well uh

We've had a ton of new info lately. Game's releasing early 2017 for the West. New characters have been announced as well.

Famitsu_04142016_StatusArt.jpg

We already knew about Velvet and Laphicet. Then we've got Rokorou, Eleanor, Magilou (who has this weird mini seraph thing like the ones you find in Zestiria named Bienfu), and Eizen (who, yes, is probably Edna's older brother, despite being spelled differently by one letter).

Artes can be assigned to all the buttons this time around. I dunno how you'll block, but maybe I just missed that. XP

There's an extended trailer here, as well:

The opening is called Burn, sung by Flow (my favorite Japanese band)! Pretty awesome.

Anyways, I wasn't looking forward to this game but now that I found out it's connected to Zestiria, along with all the other new info, I can't wait. And while I hope the overworld isn't empty and the same again, I doubt it'll change now. Xillia, Xillia 2 and Zestiria were all like that (though Zestiria actually had relatively unique overworlds; the dungeons, however, not so much).

Oh, and Zestiria is getting an anime BTW. Also with an opening by Flow. HECK YEAH

• Thumbs Up 1

The block button is going to be assigned to L1 for this game (also thanks for posting the info, I was actually about to do it a while ago but ended up forgetting lol).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MegasonicZX said:

The block button is going to be assigned to L1 for this game (also thanks for posting the info, I was actually about to do it a while ago but ended up forgetting lol).

Oh right! I actually remember that now.

And no problem! I wanted to go more into detail about the gameplay though. I couldn't find where I read about the Break Soul info. ^^;

EDIT: Some offscreen gameplay here. Hopefully the camera issues are fixed this time around. Encountering an enemy in Zestiria near a wall made all sorts of problems.

Dude the opening for this game is so beast man! FLOW baby yeah!

I've been looking forward to this game for awhile since the first couple of trailers, (Although I'm still not so hot with this being connected with Zestiria but whatever). So hopefully when it comes out, it'll be a bit better than my expectations.

Mm, I liked Zestiria. Aside from the evil camera, same-y dungeons and Alisha's Story completely ruining my views on Rose, everything else was pretty good. The skits were great too. The interactions between Mikleo and Edna were especially funny.

But I can see why other people would dislike it. I just don't think it should affect their views on this game (though I'm one to talk, the fact that it's a Zestiria prequel is what got me interested lel).

So, so hey, listen... Who do you think the secret boss will be? Too soon for a Xillia character?

I thought it was awesome how Jade and Sophie actually had voiced dialogue in Zestiria, I'm hoping this game does the same kinda thing.

Personally hoping we get the vesperia cast as a secret boss in this game since we haven't really had them as boss fights yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

as my avatar is any indication, iam in for the straight shota. in which onee-san velvet hugs her femine looking otouto. results in his face to be smushed against her breasts.....wut? theres not enough fanservice like that in games these days x3

yes i want type of thing to be in a sonic game btw.