Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2015

Hero of Legend

Retro or no Retro, if Nintendo has a Diddy Kong Racing 2 in the works I will be so hype.

Anyway, Nintendo has announced that they plan to reveal "Big Third Party Partnerships" at E3 this year. Given how the last "unprecedented" existence of third-party support for the Wii U went, I'm taking this with a 7-Eleven Big Gulp cup of salt of anything meaningful coming out of this one. At best I'm expecting a few projects on the level of the Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.

And what do you mean by "Something new for a change"? Their last original Metroid game was 8 years ago.

I have a odd feeling you must be trying to redact out of your mind the existence of another game.

You mean that other game that they had no involvement in producing?

And what do you mean by "Something new for a change"? Their last original Metroid game was 8 years ago.

I don't even care if Retro's last two games were Donkey Kong. I want another one. Those games are fuckin GOOD, man.   

Really, whatever Retro does I'll probably be satisfied with it(they're my favorite studio right now for a reason)but I feel like someone else should take a crack at Metroid. Namely Nintendo themselves since they haven't really made a new Metroid by themselves since Fusion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyway, Nintendo has announced that they plan to reveal "Big Third Party Partnerships" at E3 this year. Given how the last "unprecedented" existence of third-party support for the Wii U went, I'm taking this with a 7-Eleven Big Gulp cup of salt of anything meaningful coming out of this one. At best I'm expecting a few projects on the level of the Puzzles & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition

?

They've had plenty of other 3rd party partnerships that worked out better than EA. Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Devil's Third among others.

Oh, my mistake. I misread his statement "their last Metroid game" as "the last Metriod game". I guess my joke was for naught.

Though if want to get technical, there is the Prime Trilogy compilation they released in 2009. :U

I also said 'original game' [emoji6]

Yes. Why does Retro have to be the one to do Metroid? They did three games in a row, and almost did a fourth as well. Now they've done two DKC games. Can't they do something new? Not related to DK or Metroid? Retro already revived Metroid, why should they have to be the ones to do it again?

I've already said why I want them on Metroid. After they've made one they can go and make something else, but for now I'd like them on Metroid.

And, "yes"? I didn't ask a 'yes or no' question XD

Retro has 100 employees as of a year ago at least (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_Studios). There's -no way- they're only working on one project

Someone from Retro said they were a one team developer a year or two ago, from what I remember.

I'm hoping a Pokemon main series title is announced since the 20th anniversary is next year.

While you're all wondering what Retro's next game will be I'm still thinking of Next Level Games and their newest game. It's been a while since Luigi's Mansion 2, so could it be a sequel to Punch Out! for Wii U or something entirely new (handheld Metroid pls)?

Rumor has it that Nintendo's big third party partnership involves Ubisoft, Skylanders and Amiibo compatibility with them. It could be quite a coup, if true.

I don't even care if Retro's last two games were Donkey Kong. I want another one. Those games are fuckin GOOD, man.   

Really, whatever Retro does I'll probably be satisfied with it(they're my favorite studio right now for a reason)but I feel like someone else should take a crack at Metroid. Namely Nintendo themselves since they haven't really made a new Metroid by themselves since Fusion.

Mario Maker Amiibo and some new Animal Crossing Amiibo (possibly for a Animal Crossing U) were leaked from the source code of NoE's website.

SI_Amiibo_E3.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario Maker Amiibo and some new Animal Crossing Amiibo (possibly for a Animal Crossing U) were leaked from the source code of NoE's website.

SI_Amiibo_E3.png

I had to click on that spoiler tag, didn't I? Damn curiosity..

Those amiibo look great! I really want the Animal Crossing ones and that Mario one looks very interesting. Wonder if he'll work in Smash or something.

Nintendo World Championship is about to begin. Excited, wondering how Splatoon is going to work here.

Nintendo has announced a new thing called Nindies@Home! Basically, it's a thing that means a bunch of demos for upcoming Indie Games are out on the eShop RIGHT NOW and by downloading them and playing them, you also get a sweet 15% discount for the game when it officially releases! Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK0LoW6cJmQ

And here's the list of games:
Runbow

RIVE
Mutant Mudds Special Challenge
Soul Axiom

forma.8

Typoman

Extreme Exorcism

Freedom Planet

Lovely Planet

SI_Amiibo_E3.png

I bet there are gonna be mass murders over those Mabel and Isabelle Amiibos...

There's your Starfox! Not a fan of the series, but it's cool to see it getting another game.

Starfox looks great. Think the section introducing it ran a bit long considering the presentation is just 51 minutes, lol.