Awoo.

Mega Man: The Legacy Collection - PS4, Xbox One, PC, 3DS

Wraith

Honestly the first game isn't really that hard to me, it's just that it has a lot of really poor design choices and ideas. Two is better but not simply for being easier. Also yea people want Bass even though I'm even less fond of that games level and boss design ideas being crazy frustrating. 

Most people I've seen really like it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as I'm concerned, if you are going to release a "Legacy" collection, then contain the the entire legacy. It's like if Super Mario All-Stars only had Mario 1 and Lost Levels on it.

• Thumbs Up 6

>no Wii U

Okay so he's in Smash but no Legacy Collection for U? This is kinda du--

>only the NES games

Oh. Well okay then. Crisis not really a big deal at this point? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember how Nintendo rereleased Super Mario All-Stars with zero changes or additions on Wii as a boxed game for 30 dollars? No Super Mario World or anything? Remember how silly and pointless that was?

How neat would it have been to have the entire classic series remastered in one collection, MM9 and 10 included? Maybe even Mega Man & Bass? You know, I've never actually played those. That would have been cool. But nope, that'd require too much effort on the part of a company that no longer cares. If this is the most they're giving us right now, Mega Man's future still looks quite bleak.

Megaman 7 and 8 are pretty rare, especially the former which sells on eBay for over a hundred quid! It boggles the mind that Capcom won't release the rest of the series yet they still have the gaul to call this a Legacy. Seriously gtfo

This might be worth it if they actually added some bonus content or modes which were genuinely new and interesting rather than stuff that's standard nowadays anyway.  Why not make individual robot masters playable, like in the A Day In The Limelight fangame series?  Or make the robot master powers useable between different games?

• Thumbs Up 1

So no games post Megaman 6, no X series re-release, no Zero series re-release outside of DS, no Vita or Wii U versions.  Man color me disappointed Capcom with your quarter-assed effort with Megaman.

As far as I'm concerned, if you are going to release a "Legacy" collection, then contain the the entire legacy. It's like if Super Mario All-Stars only had Mario 1 and Lost Levels on it.

What is "the entire legacy", exactly?

No Wii U version. ;(

I'm very disappointed... I would get it instantly if it releases on Wii U.

I think 15 (in my case €) is a decent price (2.50 per game + extras). The games are re-build from the ground up so we probably have a higher image quality and no sprite flickering/slowdowns anymore + a few extra features. 

Some other Mega Man games maybe "deserve" a re-release too but I understand that they focused on the classic NES games here. Since they are on different consoles there is a huge gap in terms of style between the NES games and the later titles. So I'm ok with it if they re-release these games seperatly.

This is pretty much the same as 3D SEGA Classics and Taxman/Stealth remasters. 3D Classics aren't rebuild and if SEGA didn't said "no" to some things he probably would add so much stuff that it is basically another game... but yeah all I wanted to say: 

Slightly enhanced versions of existing games are good imo.

I like it also if they release classic games for new consoles so every new generation of gamers can enjoy them and you have access to a wide variety of new & old games even if you only have one console next to your TV.

Tbh if they don't release it for Wii U I'll probably stick to the 3DS version but I hope Capcom does me a favour and releases a Wii U version too.

Eesh, this isn't good. I already have all six games on the 3DS, plus I have MM25: Mega Man and Mega Man X Official Complete Works so it's not like I'll be missing out on the art (which seems lifted directly from it).

If they had the option for HD sprites (better than the Mega Man X iOS ones) and did this to test the waters for a Mega Man game in that style, I'd give it a shot. But otherwise... eh.

Also OP please format the text in the quotes, that text is so fucking hard to read without highlighting the entire thing :U

I've never played a MegaMan game so I'm tempted to get the Legacy Collection for PS4.

What is "the entire legacy", exactly?

How about the games that made history on the franchise? What about Megaman 7? The first 32-bits game, what about 8, the anniversary game? 9 and 10, the revivals of the classic series.

Hell, what about Megaman X? One of the most praised Megaman games ever, or X4, which is praised as much as X, Megaman X5, the final part of a long lasting saga in the X series.

The Zero series, which is well-known for it's plot, maybe just the first game, or all four, since they're all closely connected.

The Legends series, the first 3D Megaman game, the list goes on.

These are games worth being on something called ''Legacy'' collection, these are the games people remember when they think of Megaman, sure, Megaman 2, 3, maybe 4 and 6 are also well-remembered, but they're just the surface of this franchise, calling something ''Legacy'' implies this is fucking it, these are the DEFINITIVE Megaman games, these are our legacy as a producer to the industry, this is what you should play if you want to know what the fuck is a Megaman.

But no, instead we get 6 NES games most of us already have, with basic extras that are pretty much a norm for collections in this gen.

We live in a day and age where every single Megaman game could be very well put in one single collection, one, maybe two blu-rays containing the entire goddamn franchise. And they give us this. This is beyond lazy and almost an offense to anyone who grew up with the franchise, this is like if they made a ''Castlevania Ultimate Collection'', and the only games there were the first 3 NES games, not the later ones which defined an entire genre of gaming, just the original 3, which are good, yes, but they're FAR from what you'd call an ''Ultimate Collection'', because they only scratch the surface of what the franchise really brought into the gaming industry.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kind of wish they had put more into this, don't really see much reason to buy this beyond supporting the franchise since I already have the anniversary collection (and to be honest most of the classic games don't pull me as much as the X and zero games do) so i'm kind of hoping that through updates or some such they can put more on there but I kind of doubt it. In regards to the wii u thing I actually don't mind that too much since the games are already on the virtual console (while the 3DS only has the GB games) plus playing the games on the go just seems like a better deal.

All I want is the Mega Man Anniversary Collection ported, replacing MM1 with Powered Up, including Bass, 9 & 10. And Mega Man X Collection ported, replacing X1 with Maverick Hunter X, including X7 and X8.

That'd probably be a true Mega Man Legacy Collection. The pure 2D platformers. On PC, PS4, One and Wii U. Get that done? That's free money from myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

This might be worth it if they actually added some bonus content or modes which were genuinely new and interesting rather than stuff that's standard nowadays anyway.  Why not make individual robot masters playable, like in the A Day In The Limelight fangame series?  Or make the robot master powers useable between different games?

Just in case it wasn't obvious, the reason is most likely that these are emulations and to do stuff like that they'd have to remake the games from the ground up or HEAVILY modify them which... naturally they probably don't want to do because money.

Unless of course you're aware of that and were simply talking in a "why couldn't they have put that much effort in instead of just doing emulations?" sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure why people are saying Mega Man X games should be on this. It's Mega Man the Legacy Collection, not Mega Man X the Legacy Collection.

I agree that 1-10 + Bass should've been on it, though.

Not that I particularly care. I'm not all too good at these games anyway. This should've been Mega Man Battle Network the Legacy collection.

Not sure why people are saying Mega Man X games should be on this. It's Mega Man the Legacy Collection, not Mega Man X the Legacy Collection.

I agree that 1-10 + Bass should've been on it, though.

Not that I particularly care. I'm not all too good at these games anyway. This should've been Mega Man Battle Network the Legacy collection.

Because the Mega Man legacy includes the other series? They wouldn't be there if Mega Man wasn't so popular. In a way, they show that the Classic series left such a legacy for more series to follow.

Yeah... I still have my copy of the anniversary collection which has all eight games, and the obscure arcade gmaes. pass.

"We live in a day and age where every single Megaman game could be very well put in one single collection, one, maybe two blu-rays containing the entire goddamn franchise."

No one does this. It would be a very bad business decision to put every game on one disc.

And please stop nit-picking about the title... they just needed a title for the collection that's it... it's not that important.

It's completely understandable that you want other Mega Man re-releases too but there is no reason to be so upset about this one. Mega Man: Legacy Collection is a nice little collection and a better deal than every Virtual Console game.

"We live in a day and age where every single Megaman game could be very well put in one single collection, one, maybe two blu-rays containing the entire goddamn franchise."

No one does this. It would be a very bad business decision to put every game on one disc.

And please stop nit-picking about the title... they just needed a title for the collection that's it... it's not that important.

It's completely understandable that you want other Mega Man re-releases too but there is no reason to be so upset about this one. Mega Man: Legacy Collection is a nice little collection and a better deal than every Virtual Console game.

Konami did it for Metal Gear Solid, it had the same name, too, God of War got that Sagas collection that included all the games. 

But that's not my point here, my point is that selling six NES games as a pack and pretend like this is a big deal is really damn lazy, especially with the capabilities of modern consoles.

The title, I do admit is a really big nitpick of mine but it is a pretty imprecise title for this collection, especially because when you read ''Mega Man Legacy Collection'' your first thought wouldn't be ''the six 8-bit games''.

The main reason I'm upset is it being a really lazy port instead of actually trying something new for once, and again, focus only on the classic Mega Man, I know it has a really good appeal, but we got such a good franchise here, so many possibilities, and they limit themselves to just that, the classic series.

Oh and it's not a better deal than the Virtual console games. sans MM8, the Wii U has all the Classic games, Including Megaman & Bass, and has games from the X series, Zero Series, Battle Network series. sure, most of these are not the complete series, the X series has the first 3 games, same for the Zero series, and I don't know Battle Network enough to know how many titles are missing. But it's still better than this.

And it's not a nice little collection even when not compared to the other collections we had before Capcom of Japan started their ''fuck Mega Man'' policy, because it has little to no extra content and the main selling point is playing the incomplete Classic Saga.

They're selling this for $15 USD. Wii U virtual console Mega Man titles go for roughly $5 per game, which makes this a better deal. 

They probably don't want to devalue the brand by selling the games cheaper than that. I'd love if more games were in the collection, but beggars can't be choosers, and really, all they're doing is putting the classic games on more platforms.