Awoo.

Mega Man: The Legacy Collection - PS4, Xbox One, PC, 3DS

Wraith

Alright, but what about Kirby's Dream Collection, which also had 6 games, none of which were spin-offs? Did they disown Kirby's Dream Course, Block Ball, Tilt and Tumble, etc., just because they weren't in the collection?

I dunno, maybe 9 and 10 are too new? Generally collections of retro games stick to, y'know, retro games. They weren't on the NES or SNES originally. This is just an assumption of course.

Because they didn't try to claim that as Kirby's legacy? Dream Collection implies that only the main series games. Legacy is a title which spans the entire series. Again, the history of the character, the impact they've left, and all the games they have. 

Because they didn't try to claim that as Kirby's legacy? Dream Collection implies that only the main series games. Legacy is a title which spans the entire series. Again, the history of the character, the impact they've left, and all the games they have.

Legacy implies what they have left on the world. In the case of Mega Man, he's left a major gaming impact, with 10 Main Series games, 2 remakes, and a shit ton of spin offs. 

And yes, I'd still have a problem with it, just less of a problem. I'd still call them out on the fact the freaking PS2 collection had a pile more than what a PS4/Xbone game has 10 years later, but I could at least give them credit that the game isn't trying to mislead people by saying all of the stuff will be here in this one package.

So if the game was the legitimate legacy of the franchise, and just had 2, 3, 4, X1, and X2, maybe Zero, no relation with individual series but an accurate portrayal of the Legacy, you wouldn't complain?

No. What I would expect for a classic series legacy collection is simply all 10 games, maybe with Wily Wars and & Bass. The main games of the Classic series. Ideally, I'd like the spinoffs included, but the main Mega Man games would be 1-10, Wily Wars, & Bass.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't think Capcom put this much thought into the title. They probably just picked a name that sounded vaguely like what you'd expect from the title of a collection of old games and...ran with it.

Oh, wow!

I've been waiting for a new MegaMan game for a long time! And that's great it will be released for PC! :)

But I think they should make a MegaMan game which is absolutely new, for example a 3D game with new better graphics, a sequel to MegaMan X, or a simply new game.

But, it's good to hear about MegaMan again! :)

I don't really understand the complaints about a non-Wii U release....you guys all have a fucking computer :V

I don't really understand the complaints about a non-Wii U release....you guys all have a fucking computer :V

All my computers have been destroyed by viruses or other crap.

But I have an Xbox One at least!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's on the more popular Nintendo platform, just as it's on the more popular Sony platform.

So there's going to be some colour alterations. Make of that what you will.

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer

This was explained in the stream. The way NES outputs video means there's no specific definitive colour palette for the games (which is why even the Wii/Wii U Virtual Console and 3DS Virtual Console look so different from each other, with 3DS versions of NES games looking much brighter). Legacy Collection is tweaked to match screenshots taken by Capcom way back in the 80s/90s. People are just used to emulators and that little screen probably just hasn't been updated to match the latest tweaking.

I like how they've included the OSTs in there. That's a really nice touch.

As disappointed as I am that this doesn't contain the other games in the Classic series, I'm at least happy that since they're rebuilding it from the ground up. the flickering and slow down won't be present. The slow down especially made Mega Man 3 almost unbearable to play.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought this game was supposed to release this summer. When I googled it, it said it was coming out on september, the same month as MN9

• 2 weeks later...

I am excited about this. I love these games and even though I have the first 5 on 3DS through virtual console and probably getting 6 in the future I will still buy it but all I can think of is "Where the hell is the Sonic Legacy Collection (Sonic 1, 2, CD and 3 and Knuckles)"

I've already argued in defense about the 3DS version:  it's a money saver.  Rather than pay 6 individual games on VC, you're paying for a package of those 6 with a few new additions.

I thought this game was supposed to release this summer. When I googled it, it said it was coming out on september, the same month as MN9

September is during the Summer. At least part of it is, in the Northern Hemisphere.

Autumn officially begins on September 23rd. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mega Man Legacy Collection is out August 25th for consoles and PC, Q1 2016 for 3DS with physical editions also coming that year.

First of all we can finally replace the vague "Summer 2015" with a specific release date - starting on August 25, Mega Man Legacy Collection will release across PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One digitally for $14.99. That's just three weeks away! The digital Nintendo 3DS version is still on track for an early 2016 release.

The Legacy Collection began as a digital-only product, but after its strong reception at E3 and across the community, we're quite pleased to announce physical versions for Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo 3DS will arrive early 2016 in North America for $29.99. We’ll have more details about the physical versions at a later date.

In case you've missed some of the details surrounding MMLC, here's a quick refresher:

• Mega Man 1~6 reverently reborn through the Eclipse Engine, which takes the games' 8-bit source elements and converts them into crisp HD goodness
  • Challenge mode with online leaderboards and video replays
  • Massive museum filled with production art, sketches and some old 80s-90s flyers!
  • All six games' soundtracks playable from a built-in music box
  • Filters that approximate both fuzzy tube TVs and scan-line-rich monitors.
  • Full, Wide and "Original" viewing options (more on that here)
  • Optional borders for Mega Man 1~6
  • Save states for those of you who want to creep your way through the games (making a finger-wagging motion)
  • Enemy database for each game that not only lists out each foe (and its weakness), but also lets you fight the Robot Master bosses at any time so you can practice their patterns!

Legacy Collection launches digitally starting August 25 for $14.99/ €14.99 / £11.99.

I've warmed up to this the more information we heard on it, since there's a surprising amount of effort in porting these games. At this rate it's actually looking to be better than MM Anniversary Collection, which had more content but more shoddy emulation/port jobs. I'm considering grabbing the 3DS version whenever it comes out, maaaybe the physical edition because I'm a collecting whore

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what, I think I'm going to pick this up. Never played a Mega Man game. So this will be a good place to start.

• 3 weeks later...

Trophy/Achievement list is up.

And quite frankly, it's very scarse, especially when you consider that stuff like Goat Simulator got way, WAY more trophy space. Sony really needs to restructure the rules about trophy limits.

I've been playing the Xbox version since midnight and everything you've heard about this collection is true. It's almost exactly like playing on a NES, which I love (but the NES slowdown and flicker is involved as well so your mileage may vary). It even has the flicker on the Mega Man 3 stage select screen (not even the Virtual Console versions has that), it all feels so authentic. Much better than the shoddy work in Anniversary Collection, but I would like the Complete Works soundtracks in the game. I'd even pay a few bucks for it as DLC.

They've hinted they wanna do a Capcom Disney NES games collection in this same engine, so I'm pretty hyped about that. I'd also like to see Castlevania get this treatment.